CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey's oldest son's mother, his ex, and her new husband.

ETA: the defense wants to call one or the other to testify that they did not receive any money from Mikey. MM testified that he sold appliances and possibly other things (?) and gave that money to them for Jonah, and they want to call one for impeachment purposes. In statements, Heather said she got a $500 payment from Susan (we heard about this in her last testimony). The State said that Dan also sent them 2 payments, but no amounts were given.
BBM, From my understanding SB & MM were handling money for Joey's business after the family disappeared because they wanted to keep the business afloat not knowing what happened at that stage to her family. Could the $500 have been for child support for Joey's other son?
Not really sure why family taking care of the finances in Joey's absence is a big deal? I gather they had legal right to do so. And IMO how they handled that was between them, and no one else's business. And don't even know why the DT needs to get them up on the stand about it?
The thing that isn't right is Merritt's helping himself to JM's money and that is what is needed to be fully explained at trial.

OMG - I just looked at Randolph Beasley's Facebook...He posted on 3/17/2019 that he was doing a bloodstain pattern analysis experiment and he had pictures of himself holding...guess what!!...a 3 # sledgehammer. Go take a look. I guess we know now what he probably will be testifying about.

This trial reminds me of one of those sketches in which the outline of a beautiful young lady, and an old hag, can be seen. (Oh, thats the nose there!) We all "see" one thing first, but can find the other image with examination. Except for in this one ,the old hag is jumping out at me, and, even when I know where the nose is, I can't make out the beautiful lady's face. At all. Other posters seems to insist that's all they see, and I want to say, well, where it the mouth then? I really, really can't see it! (Or- I can see the Forrest, made up of lots of trees?)

I have no clue why he wouldn't want his personnel record released except that he was previously employed by San Bernardino County Sheriff's office.

Here's a link to his info:
Seekfirst Forensic Consulting
About Us

These are his areas of expertise but I notice that it does not mention DNA:
Crime Scene Reconstruction

Bloodstain Pattern Analysis

Evidence Processing

Case File Review

Expert Witness Testimony

Teaching / Training

On the day 32 part 3 (Hearing Outside of Jury Presence) audio recording...I think one of the lawyers, can't remember if it was DT or PT, mentioned something about Bloodstain Pattern Analysis. So maybe his testimony will have something to do with that round table and the possible blood splatter on it. Just a guess.

MOO

There was another lawyer there? LOL

Yeah, I don't think this guy has a lot of skeletons in his closet. Which I guess is a good thing considering he's CSI. LOL

MOO

If there is any truth that he 'trained' the others that have already testified for the State... they might want to be careful about attacking him too much LOL

And yes, there was another lawyer there I think... I was confused at first, but haven't listened again so don't want to say 100% lol

I really do think it is just about privacy in regards to things that are 100% irrelevant to his work. If they allow his whole file in ... what stops them from doing that with any State employee? I can understand that their work records are fair game though.

BBM, From my understanding SB & MM were handling money for Joey's business after the family disappeared because they wanted to keep the business afloat not knowing what happened at that stage to her family. Could the $500 have been for child support for Joey's other son?
Not really sure why family taking care of the finances in Joey's absence is a big deal? I gather they had legal right to do so. And IMO how they handled that was between them, and no one else's business. And don't even know why the DT needs to get them up on the stand about it?
The thing that isn't right is Merritt's helping himself to JM's money and that is what is needed to be fully explained at trial.

I can understand Susan and Mikey looking after the business finances as well... but it looks like their accounting was just as bad as Chase's IMO No one wrote down where money was coming from and going? Dan was also dealing with the PayPal account, which we know very little about at this point.

The $500 payment was for child support, it's in Susan's testimony.

The point of it all is, is that Merritt may not have been the only one helping himself to the money. JMO

OMG - I just looked at Randolph Beasley's Facebook...He posted on 3/17/2019 that he was doing a bloodstain pattern analysis experiment and he had pictures of himself holding...guess what!!...a 3 # sledgehammer. Go take a look. I guess we know now what he probably will be testifying about.
On the day 32 part 3 (Hearing Outside of Jury Presence) audio recording...I think one of the lawyers, can't remember if it was DT or PT, mentioned something about Bloodstain Pattern Analysis. So maybe his testimony will have something to do with that round table and the possible blood splatter on it. Just a guess.

MOO

I don't think I can share the link to his FB page, but it was really easy to find. Thanks MrsPC. After looking at the pics, my guess is he will be talking about what kind of blood patterns should have been expected to be seen if it happened in the home, and if the home was cleaned, then why wasn't it actually 'clean'. JMO

I can understand Susan and Mikey looking after the business finances as well... but it looks like their accounting was just as bad as Chase's IMO No one wrote down where money was coming from and going? Dan was also dealing with the PayPal account, which we know very little about at this point.

The point of it all is, is that Merritt may not have been the only one helping himself to the money. JMO

No one else but Chase was creating, backdating, deleting, and forging signatures on checks. That isn't bad bookkeeping, that is theft.

BBM, But the difference being that family had that right and Merritt didn't.
I'm sure that there would of been financial records of those transactions somewhere, and SB was grilled about some of the monies that came out of JM's accounts. It seemed it was mostly for Joey's business to keep it going.
The family weren't the ones fraudulently taking money out because they had control of JM's money, and whatever that entailed.
It was CM writing himself cheques before and after the murders, and trying to delete the QB accounts, covering his tracks, not the family, and that is what investigators found had happened when they looked into it.

I thought JM bank account was frozen, if so someone had to front the money to keep the business going after the family was murdered. IMO it was his mother who did it. So if this is true. It is no ones business where the money went.

Just some gobbilygook the DT is throwing out there to muddy the case.

If it’s not true the mother put up the money then I’m sure who ever did front the money (and we know the thief and addicted gambler didn’t) kept track of the money and would have filed a complaint if money was missing.

This is just more don’t look over here, look over there.

Grrr

IMO

I thought JM bank account was frozen, if so someone had to front the money to keep the business going after the family was murdered. IMO it was his mother who did it. So if this is true. It is no ones business where the money went.

Just some gobbilygook the DT is throwing out there to muddy the case.

If it’s not true the mother put up the money then I’m sure who ever did front the money (and we know the thief and addicted gambler didn’t) kept track of the money and would have filed a complaint if money was missing.

This is just more don’t look over here, look over there.

Grrr

IMO

I believe the startup for the new account was from the drop ship orders and balances owed.

Totally agree with you. Just vilifying the victims and what they did or didn't do is the family's business.

Yep, another "Battle of the Experts" and "Alternative Facts".
From what i see in that picture, i don't see how you could replicate bashing someone's head in with a sledgehammer. I don't even know how much blood there would be because a sledgehammer isn't a sharp object, and has a fairly wide surface on the front of it, as opposed to a normal hammer? It would depend on if the skin was broken? In cases of bad head injuries like in a car accident there is sometimes only blood coming from the ears and maybe the nose.

From what i see in that picture, i don't see how you could replicate bashing someone's head in with a sledgehammer. I don't even know how much blood there would be because a sledgehammer isn't a sharp object, and has a fairly wide surface on the front of it, as opposed to a normal hammer? It would depend on if the skin was broken? In cases of bad head injuries like in a car accident there is sometimes only blood coming from the ears and maybe the nose.

And how can he duplicate something where who knows if their heads were covered with something?
What if it was done in the tub with the head covered?
What if they were suffocated with plastic bags, thrown in the tub, and bludgeoned?
What if those coverings where totally covered with painter's tape?

Totally ridiculous.

That's like doing blood splatter for a gunshot to the head but a pillow was used against the head to muffle the blast.

Taking a huge leap. You can't duplicate something that you don't know the conditions and variables of.

All anyone knows for sure is that all 4 victims were repeatedly hit in the head with a sledge hammer.

This smells of desperation. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member