The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensitive' Prince Charles is telling Meghan and Harry to 'soldier on' in face of their critics and drawing on his own marriage with Diana for advice to them, filmmaker reveals

Prince Charles has been a rock to son Prince Harryand daughter-in-law Meghan Markle during a tough first year of marriage together, according to a filmmaker who got to know the British royal intimately.”

'Sensitive' Prince Charles is telling Meghan and Harry to 'soldier on' in face of their critics | Daily Mail Online

Meghan Markle's 'California Roots' Coming Through During Pregnancy: 'It's Clean Living for Baby'

I wish I could do clean living as far as food goes. I guess Little Debbie snack cakes and Dunkin Doughnuts are not on her list of food to eat.

Not fair, is it?! When I was pregnant with my first I craved pastry and became Greggs most loyal customer. My colleague, who was pregnant at the exact same time, craved spinach. Every day she sat at the next desk looking all smug with her huge bags of salad leaves while I was shoving cheese and onion pasties down my neck.

(she's way fatter than me now, so whatever :p)

Queen brings back one of her most loyal lieutenants to 'keep an eye' on ambitious Meghan and Harry

“Having already halted a breakaway bid by Prince Harry and Meghan to create their own household, the Queen has now brought back one of her most loyal lieutenants to ‘keep an eye’ on the ambitious couple.

I hear she has quietly appointed Sir Christopher Geidt as her Permanent Lord in Waiting. He resigned as her private secretary after an alleged palace coup two years ago.

‘Her Majesty values Lord Geidt’s wise counsel,’ a courtier tells me. ‘This new role gives him a formal status again.’

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Queen brings most loyal lieutenant to 'keep an eye' on Meghan and Harry | Daily Mail Online

:D
Queen brings back one of her most loyal lieutenants to 'keep an eye' on ambitious Meghan and Harry

“Having already halted a breakaway bid by Prince Harry and Meghan to create their own household, the Queen has now brought back one of her most loyal lieutenants to ‘keep an eye’ on the ambitious couple.

I hear she has quietly appointed Sir Christopher Geidt as her Permanent Lord in Waiting. He resigned as her private secretary after an alleged palace coup two years ago.

‘Her Majesty values Lord Geidt’s wise counsel,’ a courtier tells me. ‘This new role gives him a formal status again.’

EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Queen brings most loyal lieutenant to 'keep an eye' on Meghan and Harry | Daily Mail Online
“They (Harry and Meghan) are said to be keen to build a global ‘Sussex brand’ of philanthropy and humanitarianism, and to have lobbied for an autonomous new court.”

Their failure to achieve autonomy should keep them busy in these last long days of pregnancy. The queen mother may have shot any chance for the baby to be named Elizabeth.:D

Just when you think things couldn't get any more bizarre. Here is an American lawyer who decided to spend $30,000 to look like Meghan Markle.

I think the following quote from the article tells us this woman just might have a case of body dysmorphic disorder or bad taste along with too much money to waste.

"Rose said that going under the knife to look like the Duchess of Susses is becoming more common.

“Meghan Markle arguably is one the most famous of all the royals at the present time. She is always in the news and she is very pretty, like the actress Grace Kelly when marrying the Prince of Monaco,” he said.

“Meghan Markle is very pretty so people want her nose. "

https://nypost.com/2019/02/27/woman-spends-30000-on-surgery-to-look-like-meghan-markle/

Meet the woman who spent $30,000 on plastic surgery to look like Meghan Markle: See her results!

Just when you think things couldn't get any more bizarre. Here is an American lawyer who decided to spend $30,000 to look like Meghan Markle.

I think the following quote from the article tells us this woman just might have a case of body dysmorphic disorder or bad taste along with too much money to waste.

"Rose said that going under the knife to look like the Duchess of Susses is becoming more common.

“Meghan Markle arguably is one the most famous of all the royals at the present time. She is always in the news and she is very pretty, like the actress Grace Kelly when marrying the Prince of Monaco,” he said.

“Meghan Markle is very pretty so people want her nose. "

https://nypost.com/2019/02/27/woman-spends-30000-on-surgery-to-look-like-meghan-markle/

Meet the woman who spent $30,000 on plastic surgery to look like Meghan Markle: See her results!

It is very sad and concerns me when people put their life and health at risk so they can have a several hours long surgery to look like someone else. If you want to have cosmetic surgery to improve your confidence and are willing to accept the risks then go ahead but be your own person. She is an attractive lady but she is delusional if she thinks she looks like the Duchess of Sussex. I don’t think this story will help her career wise either.

:D
“They (Harry and Meghan) are said to be keen to build a global ‘Sussex brand’ of philanthropy and humanitarianism, and to have lobbied for an autonomous new court.”

Their failure to achieve autonomy should keep them busy in these last long days of pregnancy. The queen mother may have shot any chance for the baby to be named Elizabeth.:D

I don’t think they would be allowed to call their baby girl Elizabeth Windsor when that is Her Majesty’s name.

I don’t think they would be allowed to call their baby girl Elizabeth Windsor when that is Her Majesty’s name.
I think I’d its a girl, they should name her Elizabeth. As someone else pointed out, there are many nicknames. I know, since this is my first name lol!
I didn’t know. Someone suggested it just the other day.

Elizabeth is part of my name too. Hated the name as a kid but kind of like it now. Of course there are several nicknames for the name Elizabeth. It is such a long name. I always wanted a short name that could not be shortened - something like Anne, Mary, Sarah, Hannah, Jill.... you get my drift.

Elizabeth is part of my name too. Hated the name as a kid but kind of like it now. Of course there are several nicknames for the name Elizabeth. It is such a long name. I always wanted a short name that could not be shortened - something like Anne, Mary, Sarah, Hannah, Jill.... you get my drift.

Like Hannah Banana or (Jack and) Jill. LOL

From talks of birth, to thoughts of death. I actually don't want to think about QE2 passing away. She is the only Queen I have ever lived under, it'll be so strange not to see her picture everywhere, and I mean everywhere.
I wouldn't wear the black armband as mentioned in the article. She likes bright colours, I would wear that to honour her life, reign, and passing.
O.K., back to happy baby thoughts.
The BBC Will Cancel Comedy After Queen Elizabeth Dies, and No, That's Not a Joke

I sooo get it! I get called all variations of Elizabeth, which I prefer to be called. When naming my two sons, I gave them names that couldn’t be shortened.

Victoria & Abdul - Wikipedia

I have been reading this book, and find it very fascinating. Especially about the drama of the royal family and household loathing Abdul, and the Queen, fiercely defending him, while elevating his status.

The book, "Victoria and Abdul", makes you wonder if Abdul was a clever manipulator and con artist who fooled a dottering old lady, or if they truly had a fantastic relationship. I have not yet seen the movie.

Victoria & Abdul - Wikipedia

I have been reading this book, and find it very fascinating. Especially about the drama of the royal family and household loathing Abdul, and the Queen, fiercely defending him, while elevating his status.

The book, "Victoria and Abdul", makes you wonder if Abdul was a clever manipulator and con artist who fooled a dottering old lady, or if they truly had a fantastic relationship. I have not yet seen the movie.
Thanks for the book recommendation. I saw the movie and had no idea of this relationship. Movie portrayed it as a very loyal relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get