Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if PR used the opportunity to get her address to plan his next act?
I initially thought he might have got her address to take her to her house and then just follow her in.

Because he wouldn't have necessarily known she didn't have her keys if he quickly tried to persuade her to get into his car.

She might have remembered once she was in the car and he might have then decided to taker her to the park.

Also do we know why it took half an hour for Libby to get home from the Welly club in the taxi, when its a 5 minute drive?

"We now know Libby arrived on Wellesley Avenue, her home address, around 11.29, although it's not believed she entered the property.

Miss Squire was reported missing after getting into a taxi outside the Welly Club on Beverley Road at around 11pm last Thursday" Police find missing Libby Squire’s phone as parents beg her to get in contact - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
Libby was captured on CCTV being refused entry at 23:18 IIRC. The taxi drive must have only taken 5-10 mins. In the early days of her being missing, it was reported she left Welly at around 11pm but that was probably because her friends were guessing an approximate time.

I would be very careful about taking every word of the sister's reported account as gospel.
Firstly there are likely to be interpreters involved, and the nuances can get lost in translation.
Secondly she may have embellished the conversation with details out of her own head. People do that all the time, often unconsciously.

I agree. I was providing the link to help rather than endorse its contents.

What if PR used the opportunity to get her address to plan his next act?
He should have known the road if he lives minutes away..and I doubt she ever requested to go there. Which is why I think that part was just nervous babble.

He offered to take her to the club for the keys in my mind. I think she hesitated upon approaching his car, maybe regaining her reasoning/sensibilities of the risk, feet seemingly steadily firm on the ground (in the video, ill try to link below) attempting to turn around, but it appears was pushed in...one way or another.

I though Joelle mentioned the flight/risk offending point after she attended his most recent appearance in court @Joelle88
At Pawel’s first hearing in the Magistrates Court, Feb 11th, it was said that there would be no application for bail due to his house being boarded up, and him having nowhere else to go.
It was on the 7th March, 2nd hearing at Hull Magistrates Court, when he had been charged with another 7 offences, that it was said he was a flight risk and was at high risk of re-offending if bailed.

Last edited:
I doubt it ever occurred, me thinks he told half-truths whilst babbling lies to his sister, mixed with some truth, just to keep talking due to a guilty predisposition.
I agree, but I always think it's worth looking at the lies very closely. I can see the reason for lying about Libby 'throwing herself' at him, ditto claiming she wanted to 'go home' but the additional extra of satnav is a really reckless lie if there isn't some truth to it. And it's especially weird, given he knows exactly where Wellesley avenue is, what with him allegedly having selected it for one of his more recent 'outings'.

I can't think of any reason why Libby would need to give PR her home address. I guess he could have decided to enter it into his satnav after discovering her home address in the press in order to start building his defence in anticipation of being questioned. The police must have a way of checking when an address was entered into a satnav, though. Obviously.
Possible he knew her address? Since he had previously been on her street before, practicing his "hobby", it's possible he has seen, watched or stalked her without her realizing or recognizing him. I am thinking he recognized her, made a move and all went badly from there. Then since he knew her by sight, put the address in the satnav to cover his tracks.

JMO

At Pawel’s first hearing in the Magistrates Court, Feb 11th, it was said that there would be no application for bail due to his house being boarded up, and him having nowhere else to go.
It was on the 7th March hearing at Hull Crown Court, when he had been charged with another 7 offences, that it was said he was a flight risk and was at high risk of re-offending if bailed.
So we don't know if he applied for bail and was refused on the second appearance?

Arguido status is when the police publicly declare someone an official suspect

As in

"Pawel Relowicz remains a person of interest"

As far as i know, he was questioned for 4 days and not charged with anything in relation to abduction

So by the letter of the P.A.C.E rules i would have to assume that they mean that he is a "person of interest" for a different offence to abduction?

Because given that the P.A.C.E clock ran out on them ...that kind of means that what they are saying publicly is not supported by any firm evidence

That is not to even touch upon just how much publicly announcing an uncharged person as a suspect might have on his right to a fair trial

Possible he knew her address? Since he had previously been on her street before, practicing his "hobby", it's possible he has seen, watched or stalked her without her realizing or recognizing him. I am thinking he recognized her, made a move and all went badly from there. Then since he knew her by sight, put the address in the satnav to cover his tracks.

JMO
Interesting :cool:

I agree. I was providing the link to help rather than endorse its contents.
I know - I was going to reply to an earlier post but then it seemed more practical to quote yours because of the link :)

The police may have found evidence that Libby was in PR's car, but not enough to charge him with anything.... yet.

But if reports from his family are to be believed he never denied she was in his car. However having someone in your car is not a crime unless they Were forced or coerced and that may be difficult to prove.

This is the footage, I have mostly gone by, paying particular attention to the point of her approaching car door and entering the car.

Libby was captured on CCTV being refused entry at 23:18 IIRC. The taxi drive must have only taken 5-10 mins. In the early days of her being missing, it was reported she left Welly at around 11pm but that was probably because her friends were guessing an approximate time.

Thanks for that, got carried away reading an old article! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member