ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word from today?

Hey carbuff ~ from what I understand the search is scheduled for March 24 at 11 am.

They are meeting and checking in on Main St. in Rockerville.

Searchers will be given designated search areas and instructions.

I am confident Lynne will have arranged some type of news source to be there.

Everyone has an agenda, IMO.

grinning-face-with-star-eyes_1f929.png

15 minutes of fame? I want to believe everyone's heart is in the right place... But if that was the case they would leave the search to the professionals....I don't know what I would do if I was the one that found serenity? ( if she is indeed out there)
Yeah, I really don't think anybody will be out there with the idea of getting any fame. They are there to help find Serenity. That is the most important thing.

Late to this discussion, but I just watched the adoptive mum's interview on Facebook and found it strange. Not looking at the papers in detail, and bringing all those toys to the interview to show them off made no sense to me. If a child is missing, does it help to talk about her toys? Would you in showing them off, laugh? Isn't the normal reaction when looking at a missing child's toys not to chat about them as if the child is alive, well and found, but to cry? It all seemed like the adoptive mum has no attachment and is trying to prove something. This is completely "out there," but there was something in the way she spoke about a missing child that made me think of Misty Croslin. As if she is recounting a rehearsed story?

Nor do I understand why she did not know where Serenity was. Why did she not keep up with her after the divorce when she also says she had her to stay? Nothing seems to hang together for me.
I don't have any issue with the toys. Bringing them, showing them off, talking about them, even laughing a little - all methods of keeping her close, and all methods of actually keeping from crying. There were other things a bit odd, but not so much that. In fact, the only real issue I have after having seen the interview is that it seemed to highlight the fact that DG wasn't an active part of Serenity's life. And I reserve judgment on that, as I thought that she had some guilt on that score which seemed to lie just under the surface.

I don't know what the truth about her choices might be, but her grief seems sincere to me.

(edit: changed bad word choice)

Of course she would be grieving. People who do not even know Sereenity are grieving.

I mean that she should not pretend to be grieving as a mother. She had nothing to do with her for months.

I feel it is perfectly understandable . No need to judge her.

Of course she would be grieving. People who do not even know Sereenity are grieving.

I mean that she should not pretend to be grieving as a mother. She had nothing to do with her for months.

I feel it is perfectly understandable . No need to judge her.

Ah, gotcha. I thought you meant you thought she was faking emotion, which we have certainly seen in too many cases.

My first intuition here is foul play. This may not be true but something is suspect in this situation in moo. I work with socially emotionally disturbed kids that are runners. They always only go so far. They test run and come back. On top of this I have an 8 year old daughter and she would not make it 10 minutes in conditions like this without turning back to the house. I think she might have turned back after running and this is what was reported when others saw her at the gate. Have those that saw her been cleared ?

Been thinking about the same thing,after the first three days. Just something really off or a lot we don't know. Prayers for this little gal. Lots and lots of tough terrain our there for a kid IMO
I don’t think she even would try. I have this feeling she went up the hill and then right back down realizing there was no chance in her clothing. I bet she was cold in a few minutes.

I think there is something going on behind the scenes as to why LE has stopped searches and started serving search warrants. I think they are thinking there is something different going on. Jmo.. otherwise those searches for her body would have been ongoing no matter the weather for a 9 year old. Moo

Something is definitely up with this case . Where is this 9 year old? She’s a baby and one that probably felt unwanted because of her disabilities and family situations. She would easily go with anyone who made her feel wanted. Where is she ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard