CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you IMO it was out there because I saw it. It's like the 'voicemail or phone call with restaurant noises' comment from Mike, we know people saw he posted that and we 'recall' it, but unfortunately there is just some things that are lost now and no links can be provided. Keep in mind that if such an email was posted, I would hope that it would have been deleted because of the information in it and all those accounts are probably still accessible today IMO So you can disregard it if you want. :)

I know Patrick had passwords at some point, but I'm not sure if it was in Feb 2010 or not and I don't know if he knew them or someone gave them to him.

I find this comment from the CNN program interesting:

WATTS: Somebody on the McStay's home have been searching on a computer for passwords and traveling to Mexico.

CNN.com - Transcripts

We have heard nothing about anyone searching for passwords... unless of course that was after they were reported missing and maybe the family/friends were looking on the computers, which is 100% logical to me. Maybe this is something we will hear about if/when we hear more about the computers and maybe even when Mike testifies again... again, JMO :)

I think that's supposed to be passports.

MOO

I just realized something...

Part of C. Jarvis's testimony:

“And on the Fourth of February, do you recall, did Chase go to work that day?” Maline asked.
“Yes,” said Jarvis.
“Do you know what Joseph did that day or whether he saw Joseph that day?” Maline asked.
“He went to work in the morning and he said he was on his way to meet Joseph for lunch and pick up checks,” Catherine Jarvis said.

He went to work in the morning ...but on his way to meet Joey for lunch? Doesn't make sense.

But what I find a little odd is...

Chase worked at MSM in Azusa... Not in RC. If Chase was at work on the 4th, how come they didn't meet somewhere in Azusa?

Something is a little off. MOO

Not once did I say those buyers had anything to do with the crime. The only person I'm questioning is DK and his questionable activities regarding Joey and EIP. The DT will undoubtedly raise similar concerns if they put DK on the stand. They mentioned that during OS. As I have mentioned, many times, I analyze the trial (including testimony and exhibits) from the perspective of a juror. If the trial ended today, I couldn't convict someone of murder 1 based solely on what has already been presented by both sides. I can't form a decision until all of the evidence, testimony and arguments for/against have been heard. I just don't understand why no one else is interested in finding out what's presented during the remaining portion of the trial. jmho

We ARE interested—but when the trial runs at a pace of 3 hours of testimony a week....well, personally, I start forgetting that there will ever BE testimony again!

We ARE interested—but when the trial runs at a pace of 3 hours of testimony a week....well, personally, I start forgetting that there will ever BE testimony again!
Boy, am I in agreement with that. I have never seen a trial being run in such a lackadaisical manner. If I were a juror it would really make me angry.
Hmm... maybe that's by design. If both sides fiddle around long enough they'll lose enough jurors to postpone it another year... :mad:

Boy, am I in agreement with that. I have never seen a trial being run in such a lackadaisical manner. If I were a juror it would really make me angry.
Hmm... maybe that's by design. If both sides fiddle around long enough they'll lose enough jurors to postpone it another year... :mad:
Agree, it's the worst trial i have followed, and the stall tactics are ridiculous, IMO.

“And on the Fourth of February, do you recall, did Chase go to work that day?” Maline asked.
“Yes,” said Jarvis.
“Do you know what Joseph did that day or whether he saw Joseph that day?” Maline asked.
“He went to work in the morning and he said he was on his way to meet Joseph for lunch and pick up checks,” Catherine Jarvis said.

He went to work in the morning ...but on his way to meet Joey for lunch? Doesn't make sense.

Chase worked at MSM in Azusa... Not in RC. If Chase was at work on the 4th, how come they didn't meet somewhere in Azusa?

Maybe he met up with Joseph after work.

There is as much evidence that Joey paid for the supplies as there is that Chase did... none. But I also don't recall reading that Joey saying he was "out" the supply costs as well and I would have expected him to, which leads me to believe he had none. But that's JMO

Here is the potential evidence, as I see it . :)

One of the 2 of them had to buy the supplies for that fountain. It was either Joey it Chase

A project that large was going to require a large cash payout, upfront

I don’t see any way that Chase would have been able to swing that. He had no credit, no bank account and zero savings.

Joey had the available funds and credit and was the business owner. I don’t think there is much question as to which one of them paid for the bulk of the supplies

Yes, they will at least try, but I'm not sure with who.
Do you recall if there were many objections by the state or not?
And who else do you think they will bring the topic up with? DK? But i don't think DK was involved with Prevecho was he?

No I get what you're saying. But I think it was only Mike, his friend Don and possibly Guy on there posting.

I'm just trying to determine what possible good would result of posting PW to Joseph's personal email. I could think of none.

I remember seeing some of Joey's passwords... can't recall exactly where though. I think maybe Patrick's FB. I remember something like Jonah1, Gianni2. I think by the time I saw them, they were no longer valid.

MOO

“Yes,” said Jarvis.

I would have to check testimony, but I think Chase's phone did ping outside of RC that morning. Carmen testified that he came and went lots. Not sure what's odd about this lol

Here is the potential evidence, as I see it . :)

One of the 2 of them had to buy the supplies for that fountain. It was either Joey it Chase

I don’t see any way that Chase would have been able to swing that. He had no credit, no bank account and zero savings.

Joey had the available funds and credit and was the business owner. I don’t think there is much question as to which one of them paid for the bulk of the supplies

I don't disagree that Joey possibly paid for the supplies, although, I have not heard any evidence about that from this time frame, which was 2008. So you actually think that Joey paid for supplies, PLUS gave Chase 19K? And then never mentioned that he was ALSO out the money he put out for supplies? I would disagree with that, that Joey would forget to mention this and account for being out that money as well. JMO

Last edited:
Here is the potential evidence, as I see it .

And let us not forget that Merritt was in and out of jail quite often. It's been said that Joey supported Merritt's family on more than one of the jail stints.

Do you recall if there were many objections by the state or not?
And who else do you think they will bring the topic up with? DK? But i don't think DK was involved with Prevecho was he?

I have no idea. And to answer your other question, the defense I think said they had 44 on their witness list, they didn't plan on calling all of them but those were their potential witnesses as of about a week or 2 weeks ago when it was mentioned. Again, I believe a lot of the delay right now is because juror's had appointments, and lawyers had other court commitments. That was from Cathy Russon I think and I believe it was mentioned in court.

I have no idea. And to answer your other question, the defense I think said they had 44 on their witness list, they didn't plan on calling all of them but those were their potential witnesses as of about a week or 2 weeks ago when it was mentioned. Again, I believe a lot of the delay right now is because juror's had appointments, and lawyers had other court commitments. That was from Cathy Russon I think and I believe it was mentioned in court.
Thanks for your reply missy.

I may be a little off topic from what's being discussed...but this case really reminds me of the Scott Peterson/Laci Peterson case. Laci & Conner's bodies washed up right where Scott went "fishing." The McStay bodies were found buried right where Chase Merritt's phone pinged. You can't have a better "smoking gun" than that. That's the main reason I'm convinced of his guilt. 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea