Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate that and im not trying to take away from her character as a person, I just think there was some commotion which may have been more than her just sitting and crying.

I don’t think he’s transported the body anywhere as he’s taken her to such a secluded spot with river access that a) if it was his pre chosen spot to commit such a crime then he is where he wants to be or....b) if he has not thought about this and suddenly realises what he’s done, then in a panic he is going to dispose of this body in the water nearby rather than risk driving around with her.
I can't even think of her being driven to the doçks, bridge or Holderness Drain - far too sinister.

I agree I am not convinced they went to the park at all, I think the screams could have been a red herring, derailing the search. I think he went further, down a secluded road and began his attack, then disposed of her somewhere closer to the Humber.
Possibly though the police focussed their search around the park, it may be they had something else that led them there?? Where car parked?? Phone signal? Cctv?

I know it's not particularly relevant but I'm sure I read in an article yesterday that LS's name was actually Liberty and now i cannot remember where I saw it.

I'm also looking at the crime map for her neighbour hood.
Wilily wanging would be violent/sexual crime rather than antisocial?

Her name is Liberty , it was on the listing for coroner's court as Liberty Anna.

Thank you I had not seen this before. I wonder if he had become so bold as he had evaded detection for some time after doing the same thing.
Are there not Efits that bear a close resemblance to him in York?
But there is a great difference between doing this and being seen carrying a body to his car.

Of course, a very big difference. But I think we see him just helping a distressed lass into his car vs carry her. But that’s my view I understand others have theirs.

I will say this is the first UK case I have followed since the beginning and never had even a clue regarding all of the CCTV that seems to be every where. Is that the norm for every city in the UK?

I will say this is the first UK case I have followed since the beginning and never had even a clue regarding all of the CCTV that seems to be every where. Is that the norm for every city in the UK?

Yes. Apparently, up to 20% of the world's CCTV is in Britain - though that will be skewed by London.

Well done for getting to the bench @Vermont24, we know as a local how much you’ve taken Libby into you’re heart and it was a hard trip to make. Beautiful words you have written and I’m tearful
as I write this - the bench, so focal to her story, looks absolutely beautiful tonight. I so wish I could visit. Thank you

Of course, a very big difference. But I think we see him just helping a distressed lass into his car vs carry her. But that’s my view I understand others have theirs.

Yes, lots of businesses have CCTV and councils have multiple cameras in cities and towns. Then there's ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) which picks up car number plates, usually found on motorways and at major junctions.

Because we are so compact compared to the US it's harder to go "off grid" without any sign of where you went, especially in a vehicle. Totally different story in more rural areas though, where you might find the odd house with CCTV but that's about it.

I have no doubt the police will have plenty of footage of PR's car driving around somewhere like Hull, and will have a pretty good idea of his movements before, during and after that night.

I suspect he stopped because LS was kicking up a bit of a storm. She was drunk and distressed and people are assuming she was crying to herself.... I think it’s more likely she was shouting and causing a scene, hence why greybeard stopped. People don’t stop their car unless there is some commotion.
He talked her down , grabs her elbow and she falls or he pushed her into the front seat..... ( as seen on the cctv )
He then proceeds to ask her where she lives and he thinks he will do his usual Pervy flashing on her and get away with it. Therefore he asks her the postcode. It’s only as he drives that he starts to see a bigger opportunity as she is so smashed , she doesn’t know where she is going .
The sat nav entry was a mistake that he made as it was an opportunistic attack. Having realised the next day he tells him sister or whoever , to make any cover story more believable.
He will surely have researched this type of crime and how to dispose of a body and that is why

Do you mean alone and shouting/ causing a scene, or whilst having/ following an interaction with someone else?

I will say this is the first UK case I have followed

since the beginning and never had even a clue regarding all of the CCTV that seems to be every
where. Is that the norm for every city in the UK?
I

I think you are confusing the two things.
The first thing being discussed is it may be Libby entering a stationary car which may have been driven by PR.
Secondly Whether Libby's body was removed from the park by car.
CCTV is the norm in most places in the U.K

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate the affirmation.

Reading the comments over here the last few weeks, and without wishing to minimise, we all have a Libby, don't we? She's the child who lives away from home and doesn't call as much as we'd like, or the friend who is going in the opposite direction at the end of the night.

Yes. I agree we all have a Libby. I joined the forum when Mollie Tibbetts disappeared and I have certainly changed my outlook on how I get around in life. Much more aware. Pay better attention to how long since I have heard from people. Never letting anyone go it alone regardless of if they have been drinking at night. I also never use my phone, texting or talking when I am out and about. Stays in my pocket. Too easy to get distracted.

I agree I am not convinced they went to the park at all, I think the screams could have been a red herring, derailing the search. I think he went further, a secluded road and began his attack, then disposed of her somewhere closer to the Humber.

Do you mean alone and shouting/ causing a scene, or whilst having/ following an interaction with someone else?
I think she was alone and shouting at that point. Then GreyBeard thought she was in some sort of trouble. I think she won’t have made much sense and he thought , she’s just drunk I’ll leave her be.....

I’ve always thought he was out doing his usual activities (perving) and saw her alone, staggering along Beresford and thought this was his opportunity.
That could fit. He drives past, and turns into Haworth Street to park. Walks out to the main road, but sees that Greybeard has stopped and is having some interaction with Libby. PR returns to his car, waits a little, then goes back to see if she is still there and if she is alone.

I think she was alone and shouting at that point. Then GreyBeard thought she was in some sort of trouble. I think she won’t have made much sense and he thought , she’s just drunk I’ll leave her be.....

Interesting. I can’t imagine what scenario would bring that behaviour on though. As someone else said she was just mumbling exiting taxi. Was known to be a “quiet” girl by friends descriptions. Instinct would tell me that if that was the case, then something must have happened between Libby’s house and the bench area, seems a bit bizarre otherwise to escalate in such a short time frame. Just my opinion...

Liberty .. beautiful :)

One thing playing on my mind tonight, I know there are doubts about entering the river at oak road due to mud, snagging at corners etc but 7 weeks is a long time to be in the water (doesn’t bare thinking about)

So, if Libby entered straight into the Humber that night surely by 7 weeks later she would have already been lost to the North Sea ? (Allowing for tides)

Makes me wonder if LE were just incredibly unlucky not finding her much earlier along the course of the river Hull ? And that 7 weeks would be ample time to be stuck/unstuck and enter into the tidal estuary before being found. Has there been heavy rainfall in Hull over the past 7 weeks, you got the storms too ? That could effect river flow, potentially dislodging?
I know in Cumbria, we still have remnants of flooding from the last storm and river levels and volume rose considerably.

I have no knowledge of tides etc so I could be completely missing the point and I hate talking about Libby in these terms now we know for sure :(

Last edited:
Yes. I agree we all have a Libby. I joined the forum when Mollie Tibbetts disappeared and I have certainly changed my outlook on how I get around in life. Much more aware. Pay better attention to how long since I have heard from people. Never letting anyone go it alone regardless of if they have been drinking at night. I also never use my phone, texting or talking when I am out and about. Stays in my pocket. Too easy to get distracted.

Having read a post on here mention the Emergency Contact feature on iPhone which I didn’t know about before, I’ve now switched it on on my phone. As a female who lives alone and often travels home from work late and on my own, albeit in a big city, it’s a good precaution to take

Why do you think she was shouting, Paddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500