IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly off topic but a body was found (news article dated 3-38)

There are so many places to successfully hide a small body right near the baby sitter's home for me to think anyone was motivated to travel any great distance to do so. It's taking a chance to drive to a "less familiar, less comfortable area with a deceased baby in the vehicle. The baby's items were found dumped along a nearby creek... a few streets away. After her death, I think the baby was disposed of very quickly and in familiar territory. "Just a quick run out" and back again. With all the businesses, restaurants, and apartment complexes along Washington and Rockville, it would take mere minutes to find a dumpster. The creeks and woods-y areas are all close by, too. Just a little over a mile is the faster moving White River with many woodsy areas along the banks.
This theory imo, is contingent upon the baby sitter's house or near that house being where the baby was killed. Items of the baby's could have ended up so nearby the sitter's house because those items, alone were removed from the baby sitter's house or area... and may or may not mean the baby, herself, was removed from that same house or area. Do we know, for sure, that the baby died at the baby sitter's house? JMO.
No, there is no information about where the baby died.
In fact it would seem she was killed elsewhere, as RL returned to the home without the baby, reportedly. Imo

Possibly off topic but a body was found (news article dated 3-38)

If you're referring to the body found on Thursday the 28th, that was determined to be unrelated to Amiah.

Per CBS4, the SWAT incident is unrelated to Amiah: "Police say officers went inside the home and found a deceased person. SWAT was then called to help secure the scene and are preparing to make entry. No relation to the baby Amiah case"

CBS4 Indy on Twitter

This is probably a useless comment since you probably all already know about the location of the Motel 6. But, I'm still catching up as fast as I can here. I haven't been able to figure out what anyone would do, maybe all day long in the area of Mickle and Rockville. Just now I looked up Motel 6's (there's 2 of them in Indianapolis) and find one right across the street from the shopping center on Mickle and Rockville area. So, now I'm thinking RL flopped there for most of the day, entertaining himself with friends and weed or whatever while the baby remained hidden in his truck. He waited until it got dark... and then dumped the poor little baby on his way "home" to Amber's place... (wherever that is~was~might be.) Imo, he was avoiding Amber all day long.
This might not jive with the time line which is my next required reading assignment. People were, after all, good enough to put it all together. :)
ETA: Because you don't need money to stay at or hang out at a motel in most cities and towns... all you need is friends who have been put up in those motels/hotels by the state welfare system due to hardship circumstances.

If you're referring to the body found on Thursday the 28th, that was determined to be unrelated to Amiah.

No... there was another body found near a creek but the area is way off. I tried to delete that comment (I never finished the comment but it didn't disappear.) I thought it was interesting and depressing to see how long a body can "wait" to be found in those creeky-woodsy areas of Indianapolis city. (That's, if of course, this poor man has been there since he went missing in November.) Here's the article:
UPDATE: Body found on Indy’s northwest side identified as Boone County man missing since November
And location below in photo.

Attachments

• WEST PIKE PLAZA ROAD.jpg
    WEST PIKE PLAZA ROAD.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
This is probably a useless comment since you probably all already know about the location of the Motel 6. But, I'm still catching up as fast as I can here. I haven't been able to figure out what anyone would do, maybe all day long in the area of Mickle and Rockville.

WOAH. I didn't realize the airport Motel 6 was so close to that area... the motel is 1/3 of a mile from that intersection. I was kind of wondering if he was at one of the closer hotel/motels to that intersection (there's a Wingate on the SW side of the intersection) just on the premise that these people seem to be frequenting hotels and motels, probably in pursuit of drugs, but completely missed the Motel 6...

I feel like I'm going crazy... I'm usually pretty keyed in to local crime news but it feels like this past month or so, there's been an enormous surge of missing people and dead bodies found in the area.

Timeline from Saturday, March 23rd PC:

I’m noting any points that we’ve have had questions about, bringing those quotes forward (I know @Kadoober has already transcribed this fully but I’d like to look and listen at this again a week later now that we’ve been able to process a little bit and discuss / question.

Saturday, March 16:
Roach:
•MP notified
(“That date id significant and you’ll know why when you listen to detective”)
•Enlisted help of homicide investigators (this a homicide investigation, has been all week since early on because things just didn’t add up)

—-

Tuesday, March 19:
• We let you all know / wanted to enlist help of community
•Silver Alert was done.
•SW served at a residence in hopes of gaining physical evidence &
•Additional interviews

——

Wednesday, March 20:
•got a tip that @McCarty and BBM White River that there there were some child belongings that may or may not have belonged to Amiah...search...there were some items really close to the water, enlisted help of IFD, we collected some items from there.

—-
Thursday, March 21:
•expanded that search a little bit and went a little bit downstream, no additional information, just to be thorough

—-

Friday, March 22:
•group of community members unsolicited by us also went out and helped

—-

JB:

Saturday, March 9:
•”approx 1:15 last seen BBM alive and well ( @ageofaqaurius ) with RL in the 200 block of S Holmes...
vehicle info.

BBM “RL STAYED ON THE SW SIDE IF INDIANAPOLIS until 10pm when he returned back to the mother, AR, alone without Amiah” (there goes my distance range chart)...
•”Amber gave permission to stay with the baby sitter until the following morning.”
•”the baby sitter and the other witness saw RL leave her house at 1:15 with A.”

•”Since March 10 RL has taunted AR about A’s whereabouts.”

Saturday, March 23rd:
JB: “I’m asking the public to come forward if they saw RL or Amiah on March 9 or any day thereafter.”

BBM: “On March 9 he was in the area of Rockville road and Mapely Avenue BBM for an extended period of time so if you live in that area I would ask that you try to remember if you saw anything suspicious, saw RL, Amiah, or this truck.”

Re: “location site on McCarty and BBM Tibbs St, the items found on the bank have been identified as belonging to Amiah.”

—-

LS:
Again uses term “people” (imo “plural”), that were not providing good information. Some were, some weren’t. “They know who they are”...

Clearly plural, moo.

•Re: Criminal Charges:
“have been in communication with Marion Co. Prosecutor’s Office who ultimately decide what charges will be filed and who they would be filed against”...”so the ”persons” responsible for that is who we would look to be held accountable”.

Re: “clarity on timeline”:

“Arrested on the 17th in a BBM domestic related charge (ok I take my jab at the DM for using the word “domestic”, even though the charges listed are not domestic, JB clearly uses this word), “had noooothing to do with what we are talking about now. He was released.”

“As far as knowing his whereabouts this investigation is ongoing and I do not feel comfortable talking about what I’m doing with Robert Lyons.”

——

BBM:
Reporter ?: Can you tell us a little bit more about this vehicle and when it was spotted over bout Rockville and M and what you think was going on over there, what’s in that part of town, why would somebody be driving around over there, does he know anybody over there, what is significant about that neighborhood and that day?:

JB:
“I’ll just tell you what is significant, it was approximately around 1:30 pm until about 8:30 in the evening on March 9th that he was in that area, there’s a food mart there, there are apartments there BBM and that’s as far as I want to go with that.”

(Inserted by me - Why? )

“Its R and M right there on the corner there’s a food mart and a laundromat and the Addison apartments.”

BBM:
?: “Is that an area that he frequents, he lives around over there, he knows people over there?”

JB: “It’s an area I know he was there on March 9, I’m not sure what he was doing and that’s why I’m asking for help, why he was in that area.”

?: “Should I assume then that you've either got people that spotted him over there, or maybe there’s surveillance video of that vehicle in the area?”

JB: “I think with the integrity of the investigation I would rather not answer that.”

(Again, why I ask, moo)

?: Based on the delay in reporting is AR a suspect?

LS: BBM “Not at this time”.

(Note: I have a question, M/R isn’t an hour and a half away from Holmes and/or Hamilton, so what was he doing between 8:30 and 10:00? Do they have evidence of him leaving thst area at 8:30? Sounds like they say 8:30 for a reason possibly, moo. But then she says above “stayed on the SW side until 10pm” above, (scratching head).

(-Note to pick up video at 11:51 / out of editing time on this post.)

——

Now compare this to other timeline for any discrepancies via linked sources. Not seeing any off the top of my head (again, I have some additions/specific time order revisions and need to correct timestamp on Tuesday search to 12:40):

Qmfr:

Timeline Source:
IN - IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2
I wonder if at 8:30 he was seen but without Amiah.

I was out running errands this morning and was maybe 5 minutes away from the S. Holmes area, so on a total whim, I took a detour just to see what the area was like.

[JMO]
I don't feel like Google Maps really paints a good picture of the area... it's very close to downtown, but this one neighborhood is just so far removed from everything... it feels very isolated. That whole neighborhood is bordered by either train tracks or large industrial warehouses, however the whole block of S. Holmes, I don't feel like you could do anything in that area without someone noticing you... the houses are stacked right on top of one another, there are no tall fences between yards, just metal fences... there was one house on the other side of the street (on the west side) where there were maybe 10 people sitting in someone's backyard? The whole street was congested with cars parked on both sides. Once I passed through and over the train tracks, it felt like I was immediately reconnected with the rest of the world just 1/4 of a mile away.

I basically got the vibe that if something happened to Amiah in this area, the whole neighborhood "community" is probably aware of exactly what happened and who is responsible... it's just too removed from the world but at the same time close-knit, to really get away with doing something without someone else noticing.
[/JMO]

From above:

“or large industrial warehouses”

-this pops out too.

—-

The Motel 6 Airport location is 10 minutes, 3.5 miles from 224 Holmes via Rockville Rd.

WOAH. I didn't realize the airport Motel 6 was so close to that area... the motel is 1/3 of a mile from that intersection. I was kind of wondering if he was at one of the closer hotel/motels to that intersection (there's a Wingate on the SW side of the intersection) just on the premise that these people seem to be frequenting hotels and motels, probably in pursuit of drugs, but completely missed the Motel 6...

I feel like I'm going crazy... I'm usually pretty keyed in to local crime news but it feels like this past month or so, there's been an enormous surge of missing people and dead bodies found in the area.

And it only seems that "far" because the Motel 6 is way back in the parking lot. If you were to cut across the parking lot from Motel 6 and cross Rockville Street... the shopping plaza is right across the street there. I'm trying to post a photo but Google Earth is currently in a mood and won't cooperate. The plaza is .20 of a mile (from door of Motel 6 to the businesses back in that parking plaza) and the intersection is .24 mile from the Motel 6... both measurements "as the crow flies." Greater distance if driving.
I've waited long enough and tried numerous times for G-Earth to wake up. Will try later to post a photo.

Alright, so here’s what I’m thinking.

Re: the latest discussion about the Motel 6 Airport location, it is .3 miles from the Addison Creek Apartments.

I’m seriously wondering if this is where he was all day on March 9 now. And perhaps why JB was hesitant to reveal this, moo.

Maybe he dumped her in the trash at Motel 6. This is my top current theory at the moment, subject to change.

Here’s a thought (another needle in a haystack), look up crime reports at that location (Motel 6).

—-

So what kind of “debt” exactly was it that Grandfather Chuck thought RL might use to pay off with Amiah?

So, does the Grandfather know RL to specifically be involved in drugs or something else nefarious for him to even have said this?

If there were witnesses that day, if there was drug or other illegal activity chances are nobody is going to talk. This could be who LS refers to as “persons”, “they know who they are”.

Bummed out. I’m not sure we’ll see a recovery in this case. :(

Last edited:
This is probably a useless comment since you probably all already know about the location of the Motel 6. But, I'm still catching up as fast as I can here. I haven't been able to figure out what anyone would do, maybe all day long in the area of Mickle and Rockville. Just now I looked up Motel 6's (there's 2 of them in Indianapolis) and find one right across the street from the shopping center on Mickle and Rockville area. So, now I'm thinking RL flopped there for most of the day, entertaining himself with friends and weed or whatever while the baby remained hidden in his truck. He waited until it got dark... and then dumped the poor little baby on his way "home" to Amber's place... (wherever that is~was~might be.) Imo, he was avoiding Amber all day long.
This might not jive with the time line which is my next required reading assignment. People were, after all, good enough to put it all together. :)
ETA: Because you don't need money to stay at or hang out at a motel in most cities and towns... all you need is friends who have been put up in those motels/hotels by the state welfare system due to hardship circumstances.
This is a confusing post for me. Wasn't it Amber who said she was at a Motel with her ex and not RL, and that RL was to take the baby to the sitter while she was there?

And I'm definitely not aware of a program here in Indy that pays for people to hang out and flop in a motel 6 with a baby.

Actually.... just bowing out. It's getting too nuts for me on this case. And it's heartbreaking. No info seems to be reliable at all. Unfortunately only news here today is don't believe fake fundraisers asking for money for search parties. Thanks for such a great job on this IMPD. jmo

I thought for sure there would be some new information on this case by now. :( It's heartbreaking.
LE has named the boyfriend as a suspect, where is he now? @ageofaquarius brought up a good point, maybe he's in a hospital somewhere. I don't think LE could that inept as to lose his whereabouts surely?

If he was the last person to have had physical possession of baby Amiah and has been named a suspect in her disappearance, not a POI, how can he not be in jail on some related charge, ie child endangerment, obstruction, anything?

My .02 cents, I think they were all partying and hanging out and RL left with the baby for some purpose, maybe little Amiah was already deceased by accident at that time. AR knows more than she is telling LE IMO. No mother is going to not report her child missing for a week unless there is something she is trying to hide as well. Occams Razor and all.....JMO

I find it very interesting to find out that Motel 6 is near the area of the food mart and apartments LE mentioned. In one way, I do not want to get centered on it as for some reason, LE did not mention the Motel 6. Yet in another way, Motel 6 came up very early mentioned by Amber is there some meaning here?

Is there a possibility they have video of him and her or just him in the general vicinity, it was put to Amber, and she came up with Motel 6 and having a "date" just to explain the presence over in that general area...?

I have to look back at those first articles/the information, but I think we were under the impression she was talking about a date at Motel 6 the following week but now I think it was probably meant to be on this day, March 9th? Or March 8th? Didn't she first say Friday and then it was Saturday? We did not find out until later this baby was last seen on March 9th, a week prior to what we were thinking...

Just thoughts...

This is a confusing post for me. Wasn't it Amber who said she was at a Motel with her ex and not RL, and that RL was to take the baby to the sitter while she was there?

And I'm definitely not aware of a program here in Indy that pays for people to hang out and flop in a motel 6 with a baby.

If I recall, theres a rapid rehousing program. It's mainly for at risk individuals such as people with children, senior citizens, etc. The program requires follow up to get these people into permanent housing. I'm not aware of them giving out vouchers like candy to host parties but I suppose anything is possible.

I find it very interesting to find out that Motel 6 is near the area of the food mart and apartments LE mentioned. In one way, I do not want to get centered on it as for some reason, LE did not mention the Motel 6. Yet in another way, Motel 6 came up very early mentioned by Amber is there some meaning here?

Is there a possibility they have video of him and her or just him in the general vicinity, it was put to Amber, and she came up with Motel 6 and having a "date" just to explain the presence over in that general area...?

I have to look back at those first articles/the information, but I think we were under the impression she was talking about a date at Motel 6 the following week but now I think it was probably meant to be on this day, March 9th? Or March 8th? Didn't she first say Friday and then it was Saturday? We did not find out until later this baby was last seen on March 9th, a week prior to what we were thinking...

Just thoughts...

This was my read on it too. LE didn't name it yet they did name the apartments and food mart, but it is questionable that AR mentioned Motel 6, especially given that just a week ago she claimed to send in a tip that led LE to the 1907 area to retrieve evidence... admittedly only based on a single data point, she really does seem to have a knack for knowing information and leading people to that information in a roundabout manner, JMO. Basically, at this point, if Amber presents any specific details about anything, I wouldn't be shocked if that information were tied to the case in some manner, just not in the way she's presenting it.... maybe not worth going down a rabbit hole with, but definitely something to keep in the back of your mind.

This was my read on it too. LE didn't name it yet they did name the apartments and food mart, but it is questionable that AR mentioned Motel 6, especially given that just a week ago she claimed to send in a tip that led LE to the 1907 area to retrieve evidence... admittedly only based on a single data point, she really does seem to have a knack for knowing information and leading people to that information in a roundabout manner, JMO. Basically, at this point, if Amber presents any specific details about anything, I wouldn't be shocked if that information were tied to the case in some manner, just not in the way she's presenting it.... maybe not worth going down a rabbit hole with, but definitely something to keep in the back of your mind.

I agree that she is very difficult to follow but I thought the statement about Motel 6 was actually made by AR--although I will admit the details provided or when it was were a bit sketchy. I was of the thought that maybe LE mentioned what was in that area, like the food mart and the apartments, etc., because sometimes it is their way, to be a bit vague with what they know. By not mentioning Motel 6 being somewhat near, this way if someone saw him at Motel 6, it did not come from LE suggesting it in the information and on the flip side, it does not get us nor any possible witnesses centered on Motel 6 and the info is likely to be more accurate if someone saw him? This way it does not center at any one place in the area.

She also (the detective) made it clear that entire neighborhood of Indy that day was where they were talking, I think later in the PC, not wanting people to just assume it means the food mart or apartments, etc.

They have evidence of something, him getting gas, parked, etc.? Or a witness that saw him? There must be something they can actually confirm because they came out with it as the key thing they are asking for sightings with a date, an area, etc.

Just food for thought... Just speculation. jmo. :)

<modsnipped quoted post>
I suspected as much. How pathetic is it to try and scam money when this innocent little baby is more than likely laying out there somewhere all alone? Sometimes these stories really have me doubting humanity in general. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member