Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every house and garden in the Beresford area, as far north as Etherington Drive, was searched in the first few days. Like @KING Charles says, Riversdale came later.

The current door to door is only basic questions rather than any kind of search. I don't think it necessarily suggests a gap in LE's understanding, but rather a belt and braces approach - and perhaps an attempt to trace the Oak Road four. There's only two officers at work.
If they're asking questions at the end of Beverley road that meets Clough road then I wonder Could it be linked to whatever they wanted the Croda CCTV witnesses for? Maybe they've come forward? If any of those 4 turned right they'd reach Beverley road - is that correct?

Which brings us right back to those 4 and that time frame between an hour and two and a half hours after Libby was last seen.

I don't think any of them are PR. I've always assumed they're linked to the police searches of Oak Road Park somehow but would getting to the Humber from that southernmost part of HU5 be possible? Is it near the quay that people have mentioned? Is there a way of getting to near the Deep without being seen .

Probably not related to LS case..but Hull Live say Police have put out urgent appeal for a missing teenager, last seen near to Hull Ice Arena Friday evening .
They say she has gone missing before...by saying this, are the Police implying she has probably gone missing of her own accord again? Is this normal 'police speak'?

Last edited:
Were they doing door to door for all of HU5 or just certain streets ? Sorry if I've misunderstood

I meant that police were going door to door on my street, which is in HU5. I'd be very surprised if they were covering the entire postcode or anything like that. More likely they're just covering the streets off Newland and Beverley Road that have a significant number of student residents. That doesn't extend too far south.

I only mentioned the postcode to distinguish it from areas which have previously seen officers go door to door - both Haworth St and Beresford Ave are HU6. From a distance, it looks like at least one of the two officers was a PCSO, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Probably not related to LS case..but Hull Live say Police have put out urgent appeal for a missing teenager, last seen near to Hull Ice Arena Friday evening .
They say she has gone missing before...by saying this, are the Police implying she has probably gone missing of her own accord again? Is this normal 'police speak'?
I think so - for persistent runaways. Other cases they say the disappearance is out of character.

Safe and well.

I don’t think the runner is PR either. But if he was one of the two, who is the other? I don’t believe he had an accomplice. At first I wondered if the light legs we’re seeing closest to the camera are Libby’s, but I’m inclined to think they’re light coloured trousers as others here have suggested.

The cyclist could be PR if he’d driven home, then panicked and wanted to return to ORPF to check he’d left no evidence behind. But I’m more inclined to think this is a dealer skulking around in the early hours on such a cold night.

The first guy looks like a security guard returning home from a night shift to me. Simply spooked by wandering through an eerie shortcut.

I’m feeling a bit edgy that no arrest has been made as yet. Sure, they have their only suspect in custody, but asking questions of locals at this late stage? Is it an exercise to dot i’s and cross T’s ... or are they struggling to compile a watertight case?
I have never thought the other person was Libby. Though that might be wishful thinking on my part because of the time. Now we know she's not alive I just hope whatever happened, happened quickly. It doesn't look like the girl on the earlier CCTV from Welly.

I'm hoping there will charges soon. I can't see why they wouldn't have evidence. He took her - they seem very sure of that. Spidercam as well suggests that

They said potential homicide before the pm which is unusual - rather than unexplained. And that changed to homicide at the inquest. I can't see any story about a sex offender leaving her safe in the park or anywhere to be killed by someone else holding water with CPS.

I'm wondering is it PRs previous movements that are making it a more complicated case? A lot of charges in the run up to her disappearance suggesting an escalation perhaps? Perhaps charges they're investigating as showing a pattern leading up to her abduction that suggests intent perhaps?

Stuff on his laptop that's taken a while to plough through perhaps?

Or whether the PM suggests a different point of entry into the water?

My opinion, and only my opinion, is that PR is far more devious and dangerous than a simple opportunist. I still don't discount an accomplice completely though I think PR would probably have dropped them in it if there were

It sounds as if they are looking for any link at all
Maybe wondering if
I meant that police were going door to door on my street, which is in HU5. I'd be very surprised if they were covering the entire postcode or anything like that. More likely they're just covering the streets off Newland and Beverley Road that have a significant number of student residents. That doesn't extend too far south.

I only mentioned the postcode to distinguish it from areas which have previously seen officers go door to door - both Haworth St and Beresford Ave are HU6. From a distance, it looks like at least one of the two officers was a PCSO, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Thanks for the clarification

'Forensics teams were seen gathering evidence from a grass verge on the corner of Beresford Avenue and Beverley Road on Sunday' ( February 3rd)
What could this evidence be at the grass verge ? Would it it be the case that Libby had fallen there grazed her knees or hands ?

'Forensics teams were seen gathering evidence from a grass verge on the corner of Beresford Avenue and Beverley Road on Sunday' ( February 3rd)
What could this evidence be at the grass verge ? Would it it be the case that Libby had fallen there grazed her knees or hands ?

That was the hammer, screwdriver and lip gloss.

Wasn’t this the hammer, screwdriver and lipgloss?

Edit: Sorry - replied at same time as Vermont

I understand I.thought Iread the hammer lip gloss were found near the bench? Misunderstood .
This quote is also from the same report
'They were seen collecting a number of items from the area and putting them into evidence bags.'

I understand I.thought Iread the hammer lip gloss were found near the bench? Misunderstood .
This quote is also from the same report
'They were seen collecting a number of items from the area and putting them into evidence bags.'

Found in the verge to the left of this image:
Google Maps

Bench in view on the opposite side of Beverley Road.

Did I read you weren’t home when they called @Vermont24 ? No note left ?
So doesn’t sound particularly pressing but I’m struggling to make sense of their visits and questions. Why now & why further away?
Perhaps just dotting i’s & crossing t’s. Hoping for charges either way this week as I’m starting to get concerned.

Did I read you weren’t home when they called @Vermont24 ? No note left ?
So doesn’t sound particularly pressing but I’m struggling to make sense of their visits and questions. Why now & why further away?
Perhaps just dotting i’s & crossing t’s. Hoping for charges either way this week as I’m starting to get concerned.

Someone else was at home and accounted for me, which was good enough for LE. You're right, it doesn't sound especially urgent does it, but they'll have their reasons. I'll check with friends in the area over the next week and see what comes of their visit by police.

Someone else was at home and accounted for me, which was good enough for LE. You're right, it doesn't sound especially urgent does it, but they'll have their reasons. I'll check with friends in the area over the next week and see what comes of their visit by police.
Technically I guess there’s no rush to charge whilst he’s in custody. I guess they are just checking everything. Did you say they’d asked did anyone know her(ls) rather than him (pr).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa