OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! And no cameras. Is there much of a trail to get to the back of the Rhoden property, like behind CR1's or Frankie's home?

Wonder why there are tire tracks on Dana's lawn? Hope its not vandalism or curiosity seekers. May have also been investigators hired by the defense.

Could be as simple as a lawn treatment or rolling the lawn. Could have been people trying to find crime evidence like shell casings.

That article is a VERY informative article compared to most. What they found in that well sealed the case. Personally, I don't know why anyone would hide things in a well with all the streams and rivers in the area. But that is just my opinion...I would guess it was the quickest place to get the items out of sight...
I watch a TV show on ID last night and a detective said there is ALWAYS something left behind. DeWine said mistakes were made. I believe the State of Ohio has a very good case in my opinion only...

Agree, the state built a strong case against the Wagners. Like everyone else, I keep coming back to the large amount of digital evidence compiled against GW3. Why did he care so much about getting full custody of S?

Could be as simple as a lawn treatment or rolling the lawn. Could have been people trying to find crime evidence like shell casings.

Yes, if vandalism and trespassing, that's a shame. Those properties still belong to the families and they have to maintain them.

Also possible it's investigators working for the defense. Some of the defendants have already sought and been granted approval to hire those experts. I wonder if defense investigators will seek to view the trailers now in storage? I seriously doubt there's anything to find either in the trailers or on the properties. BCI and others covered those areas thoroughly.

Last edited:
Agree, the state built a strong case against the Wagners. Like everyone else, I keep coming back to the large amount of digital evidence compiled against GW3. Why did he care so much about getting full custody of S?

In Jakes article he mentioned he had already maxed out credit cards, etc. I'm wondering if the W's were in some financial challenges???

Do you think though IF she had given custody, this massacre would have never occurred? On the other hand do you think it would have made no difference and the massacre was the plan all along?

Yes, if vandalism and trespassing, that's a shame. Those properties still belong to the families and they have to maintain them.

Also possible it's investigators working for the defense. Some of the defendants have already sought and been granted approval to hire those experts. I wonder if defense investigators will seek to view the trailers now in storage? I seriously doubt there's anything to find either in the trailers or on the properties. BCI and others covered those areas thoroughly.

I would sincerely hope nothing additional is found with the attention that was brought to chain of custody.

During the night I was thinking of this case and I wonder just how ‘bizzare’ as DeWine said the evidence is. Could it be so bizzare and to put doubt in a jury? This case has so many twists and turns. And so many posts it is hard to keep up with.

During the night I was thinking of this case and I wonder just how ‘bizzare’ as DeWine said the evidence is. Could it be so bizzare and to put doubt in a jury? This case has so many twists and turns. And so many posts it is hard to keep up with.
She might not get the death penalty but JMO the Wagners will get life without parole, JMO

"Included in the evidence list in Billy Wagner's case is an entry named "Custody Messages (1 excel sheet with 519 entries)."

Also in the list of evidence being handed to defense attorneys for Billy Wagner are cell tower records from his phone.

The document shows records for March 2016 and April 2016. Listed under those records is "Big Bear Lake (1 excel sheet)."

Documents: ATF files report on item pulled from well, Wagner family arrested a week later

Is there similar discovery of "Custody Messages" listed on AW or JW's discovery? I don't recalled seeing it. Seems odd it would be on just GW3's. I don't think he would have been the only W txting any R about custody issues.
I checked the discovery list for JW. I haven't found these messages in the list. The discovery document I found online could be incomplete though.

Discovery

I sometimes wonder if his inheritance would have been higher if they had custody. FW strikes me as a person that would talk about inheritance and she might have put conditions on it. His dad was already sick at the time.

If BW's share or % of inheritance would be higher then he would have cared a lot. jmo.

In Jakes article he mentioned he had already maxed out credit cards, etc. I'm wondering if the W's were in some financial challenges???

Do you think though IF she had given custody, this massacre would have never occurred? On the other hand do you think it would have made no difference and the massacre was the plan all along?

Having full custody of S wouldn't have helped their financial situation, would it? JW wasn't paying child support, IIRC.

JMO, I think DeWine's reference to bizarre means the jury (and the rest of us) will be surprised at how stupid and selfish the Wagners were in planning and executing these horrific murders. I don't think there will be any doubt who did it, but there will be a lot of people wondering why they did it. IIRC, DeWine said there will be things you hear that will make you shake your head.

For example, the whole concept of the W's getting ideas and inspiration for planning the murders from the "Boondock Saints" movie is pretty unusual. When I first read about the movie, it was a real "WTH, are you kidding me?" moment. Believable that they did it? Yes. Being really stupid and disconnected from reality by doing such a ridiculous thing? Also yes.

As someone else here questioned (paraphrasing) "When the family is sitting around the dinner table planning how to kill 8 people in their homes, doesn't even one of them stop and think "maybe this isn't a good idea".

Having full custody of S wouldn't have helped their financial situation, would it? JW wasn't paying child support, IIRC.

I wouldn’t think very much unless they fought over taxes, etc. If the biggest blow up was whatever was discussed around custody via FB on 12-15-15 (AW discovery), it’s still hard to imagine that within weeks their minds went straight to murdering the whole family. Is there any more of this front end timeline that someone can assist with?

Jake & HR start dating

3/2014 FW creates two new businesses under White Pines (may not be relevant)
4/21/14 FW moves properties into White Pines (may not be relevant)
7/1/14 hacking started

3/2015 Jake & HR end relationship
7/2015 HR relationship CG
8/2015 HR pregnant
8/2015 Jake & HR originally planned to marry
9/2015 Jake reports non exclusive relationship ended
10-11/2015 apx guess HR begins relationship with CH
12/15/15 Facebook custody conversation

1/2016 Reported planning murders began

Last edited:
JMO, I think DeWine's reference to bizarre means the jury (and the rest of us) will be surprised at how stupid and selfish the Wagners were in planning and executing these horrific murders. I don't think there will be any doubt who did it, but there will be a lot of people wondering why they did it. IIRC, DeWine said there will be things you hear that will make you shake your head.

For example, the whole concept of the W's getting ideas and inspiration for planning the murders from the "Boondock Saints" movie is pretty unusual. When I first read about the movie, it was a real "WTH, are you kidding me?" moment. Believable that they did it? Yes. Being really stupid and disconnected from reality by doing such a ridiculous thing? Also yes.

As someone else here questioned (paraphrasing) "When the family is sitting around the dinner table planning how to kill 8 people in their homes, doesn't even one of them stop and think "maybe this isn't a good idea".

JMO, Paraphrasing your comment...Yes, it is very interesting and at the same time, pitiful.

The two sons were conditioned to believe everything their parents said and to believe the
parent's ideas as gospel. They grew up feeling entitled and their only thoughts were about
their wants. No one else mattered.

It really must have shaken their world, when a little girl told the Wagners, "No you can't
have Suds." Again, JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member