Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebekah Cavanagh‏Verified account @rebekahcavanagh 9m9 minutes ago

OPP says it is reviewing whether to appeal today's nine-year sentence of wife killer Borce Ristevski. They have 28 days to make a decision @theheraldsun

I truly hope it begins to dawn on some one in the OPP that 6 years is a time span quite a few blokes in Victoria may conclude is worth it to get rid of a nuisance wife, who has inherited money, with a compliant daughter, and a lot of debt and no way of getting out of that mire without the wife's money which she, in her mad feminine way, keeps referring to the blokes utter incapacity to manage money himself and prefers to keep a tight reign on her money.

Oh yes. There are lots, and possibly, quite a few wives of husbands who's net worth may be way above Karen's range , who have been very , very annoying and controlling about access to the pile. …

6 years. . Hell, you can do 6 years on with one hand tied behind your back, with the prospect of coming out of it well ahead.

thankyou , Steve , for your courage in joining this forum, not something that one can do without a big heart and a conviction to see the horror through, not that it ever ends, really.

I am sad for Karen's family, there wouldn't be much way of embracing Sarah, and that is another vile loss, lay that one at Borce's feet, too.

I am saddened for Antony, also. He knew what Borce is, and his weird and peculiar story had all the capacity to sustain him but God alone knows where he takes that story now, it can hardly survive the imprisonment of Borce for only 6 years.

I suspect that in years to come , we will hear from Antony every now and then, and I also suspect most of it wont be good news, either, poor wretch.

I can't believe the length of sentence but will unfortunately accept it as the judge knows the interpretation of law obviously better than me.
If I was BR I would be extremely happy with the result.

Thanks to all that commented in the posts over the past three years as I have said before there are some very smart members who maybe should have considered a career change years ago or even today for some. I know a number of KR's family often logged in to follow the various thoughts of those who posted . I know they appreciated your feelings and thoughts along the way.

Can't say I enjoyed reading the posts sometimes but it was nice to see for Karen's sake that genuine sorrow for Karen's sad ending was always shown.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and concerns in the long and sad journey.

Steve, although BR did not obtain the sentencing he deserved, I feel he will suffer badly for the remainder of his pathetic life.
Health wise, due to years of deceit and lies, his entire system, I feel, will be compromised.:):)
Karma is round the corner, and we should hear of BR's downfall in the future.:)
MOO.

I can't believe the length of sentence but will unfortunately accept it as the judge knows the interpretation of law obviously better than me.
If I was BR I would be extremely happy with the result.

Thanks to all that commented in the posts over the past three years as I have said before there are some very smart members who maybe should have considered a career change years ago or even today for some. I know a number of KR's family often logged in to follow the various thoughts of those who posted . I know they appreciated your feelings and thoughts along the way.

Can't say I enjoyed reading the posts sometimes but it was nice to see for Karen's sake that genuine sorrow for Karen's sad ending was always shown.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and concerns in the long and sad journey.
Steve, I am so sorry for your and your family’s loss. Sending you prayers of strength and comfort today and every day.

Troops you crack me up :eek:

'...there will be traffic jams up and down Mount Macedon'

the-longest-traffic-jam-in-history-12-days-62-mile-long-47237-7.jpg
Maybe a lollipop man would be helpful ...?

I truly hope it begins to dawn on some one in the OPP that 6 years is a time span quite a few blokes in Victoria may conclude is worth it to get rid of a nuisance wife, who has inherited money, with a compliant daughter, and a lot of debt and no way of getting out of that mire without the wife's money which she, in her mad feminine way, keeps referring to the blokes utter incapacity to manage money himself and prefers to keep a tight reign on her money.

Oh yes. There are lots, and possibly, quite a few wives of husbands who's net worth may be way above Karen's range , who have been very , very annoying and controlling about access to the pile. …

6 years. . Hell, you can do 6 years on with one hand tied behind your back, with the prospect of coming out of it well ahead.

At least he wouldn't be able to inherit under the Forfeiture Rule - well I hope not anyway o_O

Executive summary - The forfeiture rule | Victorian Law Reform Commission

At least he wouldn't be able to inherit under the Forfeiture Rule - well I hope not anyway o_O

Executive summary - The forfeiture rule | Victorian Law Reform Commission

Good thing that he has Sarah all signed up as a company member of Envirovision, isn't it?
A financially-unblemished investor who has likely just inherited a little bit of money and a house.

A forensic accountant says he “has no idea” why Borce Ristevski set up a second company to receive funds from his struggling clothing boutique in the months before his wife went missing.
But in December 2015, Mr Ristevski started Envirovision and named himself the director. His daughter, Sarah Ristevski, was a stakeholder. There was no mention in court of Karen’s involvement, if any.

Mr Curtin said Envirovision became effective on July 1, 2016, “for some reason” and “basically took on sales revenue from the shop”.
‘Yelling and screaming’ heard before Karen disappeared

This article is from March 2019.
If the finances were this dire, how have BR and SR been able to keep the house? Something doesn't stack up. The rent would not be able to cover repayments, rates, insurances , maintenance etc. MOO

"The financial stress the couple were experiencing was one key piece for the prosecution. The committal hearing that decided the case should go to trial heard the Ristevskis' fashion boutique, Bella Bleu, recorded losses of $326,000 over four years. They also had credit card debts of more than $80,000, on top of a $715,000 mortgage.

Police had alleged Karen was killed during an argument over finances."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/...dumping-body-in-bushland-20190313-p513vi.html

I am disgusted at the pathetic sentence, it’s a travesty of justice. There desperately needs to be law changes enacted to impose additional sentencing time on murderers for hiding the victims body and for not admitting what they did - anyone good with wording (cough cough trooper) want to help get a petition started?

"No sentence will ever bring back Karen Ristevski, but it would be nice to think her life would count for a little more than six years in jail.

She was just 47 and had decades ahead of her.

Her killer will be free in four and a half years, ready to start a new life.

Sarah, Karen and her family will never have this opportunity.

Karen’s family today have said they don’t feel they have had justice today and I am sure many others agree with them.

A woman died in her own home, brutally killed by her husband, but this sentence will do little to send the message that this is a serious and brutal crime."

Category: | Herald Sun
Susie O’Brien, Herald Sun - 18 April 2019

Good thing that he has Sarah all signed up as a company member of Envirovision, isn't it?
A financially-unblemished investor who has likely just inherited a little bit of money and a house.

A forensic accountant says he “has no idea” why Borce Ristevski set up a second company to receive funds from his struggling clothing boutique in the months before his wife went missing.
But in December 2015, Mr Ristevski started Envirovision and named himself the director. His daughter, Sarah Ristevski, was a stakeholder. There was no mention in court of Karen’s involvement, if any.

Mr Curtin said Envirovision became effective on July 1, 2016, “for some reason” and “basically took on sales revenue from the shop”.
‘Yelling and screaming’ heard before Karen disappeared

Yes this to me shows it was premeditated, and the forensic accountant needs to be sacked. :mad:

I feel there will be LITTLE money, if any remaining from Karen's home.
We must remember, it was heavily mortgaged.
For months possibly BR could not meet these payments, after Karen went missing, having a low paying job to live on for some periods of time.
Then the house was vacant for quite some time.
The interest on that mortgage over all that time, would be a huge pit, even with rent now coming in.
With house prices now in Melbourne greatly decreased, the outstanding mortgage, may cause consideration to sell this home.
MOO.

Could weep. How can we value a person’s life so little? 6 Years? For killing someone, hiding their body and thus ensuring evidence is deteriorated, putting family through the hell of not knowing where their loved one is, causing a huge waste of police resources which could have been used elsewhere.

How can we get this changed? Domestic violence stats are way too high and our justice system continues to be dismally pathetic in its response. Sad and angry for Karen today.

Could weep. How can we value a person’s life so little? 6 Years? For killing someone, hiding their body and thus ensuring evidence is deteriorated, putting family through the hell of not knowing where their loved one is, causing a huge waste of police resources which could have been used elsewhere.

How can we get this changed? Domestic violence stats are way too high and our justice system continues to be dismally pathetic in its response. Sad and angry for Karen today.

Victorian opposition leader Michael O'Brien said the sentence showed Victoria had a "legal system, not a justice system."
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...nce-after-public-outrage-20190418-p51ffu.html
18 April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member