CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The State does need to do that... we will see if they actually do in rebuttal :)

I think they are waiting to hear the ex girlfriend of Dan and her testimony to his confession. I think they want her to lockdown her theory about how Dan managed to fool the investigators.

And then in rebuttal, the state can bring out any evidence to the contrary.

They wouldn't want to bring it out before the defense case because then the defense has time to refute it somehow. And to tailor her testimony.

For Dan to pull off a scam, and pretend to be in Hawaii, so he could sneak back to Fallbrook and kill the McStay Family, would take a lot of time, a lot of money and much help from others. And how do you convince anyone to help you kill toddlers?

He'd have to start the planning in early January, when the round trip airline tix were purchased. And he'd have to get someone in Hawaii to help him in his quadruple murder plans. And probably someone in San Diego too if he wanted to sneak around when he returned.

He would be spending a lot of cash to carry this out. He'd need two sets of round trip tickets, one for the original flight, then one to sneak back and forth with.

And he'd need a burner phone. And he would have to give his debit card to someone and his cell. So there would be a lot spent by the other person trying to pretend he was there. And whatever compensation he would pay them for helping him murder 4 people.

And then his expenses for flying back and getting to Fallbrook to do the murders.And compensation for his helper back in Cali.

It sounds like a pretty large task and an expensive one. Would it be worth the effort financially?

It is hard for me to believe that he could or would be able to pull this off.

I think they are waiting to hear the ex girlfriend of Dan and her testimony to his confession. I think they want her to lockdown her theory about how Dan managed to fool the investigators.

They wouldn't want to bring it out before the defense case because then the defense has time to refute it somehow. And to tailor her testimony.
The state might want to wait until after she testifies just to show the jury how desperate the defense team is at this point.

Court Portal Minute Order for 4/19/19 Motion Hearing

Superior Court of California - County of San Bernardino

Update to court schedule attached..

under comments it said:
Quash SDT—Google/Microsoft

what is quash?

"WEC moves to quash or limit the Subpoena on three main grounds."

So it seems this hearing is about google/microsoft seeking to limit the subpoena for further private info...
It is likely from the state, perhaps seeking gmail from the defendant?

For Dan to pull off a scam, and pretend to be in Hawaii, so he could sneak back to Fallbrook and kill the McStay Family, would take a lot of time, a lot of money and much help from others. And how do you convince anyone to help you kill toddlers?

He'd have to start the planning in early January, when the round trip airline tix were purchased. And he'd have to get someone in Hawaii to help him in his quadruple murder plans. And probably someone in San Diego too if he wanted to sneak around when he returned.

He would be spending a lot of cash to carry this out. He'd need two sets of round trip tickets, one for the original flight, then one to sneak back and forth with.

And he'd need a burner phone. And he would have to give his debit card to someone and his cell. So there would be a lot spent by the other person trying to pretend he was there. And whatever compensation he would pay them for helping him murder 4 people.

And then his expenses for flying back and getting to Fallbrook to do the murders.And compensation for his helper back in Cali.

It sounds like a pretty large task and an expensive one. Would it be worth the effort financially?

It is hard for me to believe that he could or would be able to pull this off.
Totally agree with you. Read T's post #823. Documented that CM was lurking on Feb.3. Creepy and chilling. I doubt DK was anywhere near the crime scene. MOO.

The state might want to wait until after she testifies just to show the jury how desperate the defense team is at this point.
A tad confused. We thought the ex girlfriend would be testifying but they threw another name out yesterday. Will there be two girlfriends? I know you can't answer that, LA. Just making a note of it.

I may not be 100% sure ( even though I believe he was in HA) where DK was on Feb 4th. But I damn sure know where the evidence shows CM was on Feb 4th.

Not rocket science for me. I follow the evidence. LE didn’t care who committed this horrific crime. They followed leads and evidence to arrest and charge Chase Merritt with the crime of murder of 2 adults and 2 babies.

Defense can and always does try to muck up a trial to get the defendant off. So far the def has not presented a shred of evidence or anything to sway me from my guilty vote.

I get it some want this guy set free for whatever reason. Heaven only knows. He IMO is a monster and if given the chance will kill again.

Just a FYI. Back during the Natalee Holloway case, on another forum we all were checking IPs due to trolls. I checked mine and where it said I was was over 70 miles from my home. I had Verizon and the location never ever changed.

This is all my opinion. This trial will end and everyone will move on. A family was murdered and IMO Chase Merritt is responsible. He needs to be sentenced to death.

IMO, JMO, MOO

under comments it said:
Quash SDT—Google/Microsoft

what is quash?

"WEC moves to quash or limit the Subpoena on three main grounds."

So it seems this hearing is about google/microsoft seeking to limit the subpoena for further private info...
It is likely from the state, perhaps seeking gmail from the defendant?

I’m not sure about the Google Motion, but Microsoft is related to the defense.

Microsoft Corporation Motion To Quash Defendants Subpoena Duces Tecum

Seeing as JM's family organized to keep JM's EIP business afloat not knowing where their family members were at that time, and including CM & DK to help with that, i would think if SB or MM had any issue with DK transferring money from JM's account to himself, and they are now obviously aware of that, don't you think they could or would litigate against him in civil court to recoup their losses? Being family members and victims of the murdered family they would have every right to do so, and take both CM & DK to court and sue them for fraud . And of course for CM pending the outcome of this trial.

Absolutely.

As far as I am aware the police has never brought any charges against DK, and they have seen the transactions he did after Joey couldn't be located. Nor have I ever heard of Joey's family bringing him to even small claims court or filing a civil lawsuit against DK.

So I will leave it to those who investigated DK for they know far better than anyone what transpired, and whether it was legal or not.

What bothers me the most is CM scamming the mother of the man he knew he had,already murdered in cold blood along with the rest of her family, including Susan's precious little grandsons. Now THAT makes me livid.

To even be capable of doing something so cruel afterwards shows what a cold, callous, greedy CM truly is.

He's the type of vile individual who would have stolen the pennies off a dead man's eyes. when they used to bury the dead that way in order to keep their eyelids down so they wouldn't open.

There really are no words to fully describe someone like CM.

Imo, he has never given a crap about anyone other than himself. That's why he gambled his money away never caring about his three children. His first, and only priority in life was himself.

Did it bother him each, and everytime he conned someone with one of his ripoff scams or outright stole from them? Or pathologically lied? Did he care if his family had a roof over their heads or food to eat? Absolutely not. Imo, he is heartless.

He was making more than enough money to properly take care of his family, yet they lived in perpetual uncertainty. Even the friends of his children had to know he was in, and out of jail.

It wouldn't surprise me if his children were bullied in school, because kids can be downright mean, taunting them about their deadbeat jailbird dad.

He has left so many victims, dead, and alive, who were caught up in his destructive path.

Imo

Last edited:
I may not be 100% sure ( even though I believe he was in HA) where DK was on Feb 4th. But I damn sure know where the evidence shows CM was on Feb 4th.

Not rocket science for me. I follow the evidence. LE didn’t care who committed this horrific crime. They followed leads and evidence to arrest and charge Chase Merritt with the crime of murder of 2 adults and 2 babies.

Defense can and always does try to muck up a trial to get the defendant off. So far the def has not presented a shred of evidence or anything to sway me from my guilty vote.

I get it some want this guy set free for whatever reason. Heaven only knows. He IMO is a monster and if given the chance will kill again.

Just a FYI. Back during the Natalee Holloway case, on another forum we all were checking IPs due to trolls. I checked mine and where it said I was was over 70 miles from my home. I had Verizon and the location never ever changed.

This is all my opinion. This trial will end and everyone will move on. A family was murdered and IMO Chase Merritt is responsible. He needs to be sentenced to death.

IMO, JMO, MOO

Totally agree with you Meemaw!!!
Your post is honest, and straight from your heart, and to the point. Thank you for expressing it so well.

CM has been labeled one of the worst among other murderers in CA for a valid reason. It's because he is.

We must never lose sight of what this man did, and how he carried it out on 4 helpless victims who had to be pleading with him the entire time.

I often think about these two baby boys. and how terrified they had to be, and I weep all over again for them, and their mommy, and daddy.

Imo

I can't recall which court day it was and it probably was after court (without jury in room) when both sides were going through things with the judge, but Imes stated DK's phone did not ping anywhere near Fallbrook on the 4th nor near Victorville on the 6th, I'm hoping we will see the evidence of that at some point. The only reason I can think of that the state hadn't shown it during their CIC is because DK is not on trial (but I can understand why the defense hasn't lol).
If the prosecution has those records, I certainly hope they’ll present them in rebuttal. (Won’t stop the defense from saying that DK left his phone with a confederate in Hawaii.)

Quickly edited to remove sarcasm.

geevee... I think that was Mike that they were talking about in regards to the 4th/6th?

I have attached the snip I grabbed, this is what the prosecution used to show Dan's phone records. I don't know if it was a time thing that they didn't get complete records or what? But since Dan and Joey had the same provider, I'm not sure why it doesn't have more information in the record. Or is this possibly just like a bill that Dan received?

Attachments

• Dan phone records 808.JPG
    Dan phone records 808.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 15

On the ex-girlfriend...I just googled yesterday & saw that she has a previous arrest for prostitution. I also found where she filed Domestic Violence charges against Kavanaugh and another boyfriend as well (so sort of a pattern there.) If the defense calls her I think they'll be in for a wicked cross. LOL

On the ex-girlfriend...I just googled yesterday & saw that she has a previous arrest for prostitution. I also found where she filed Domestic Violence charges against Kavanaugh and another boyfriend as well (so sort of a pattern there.) If the defense calls her I think they'll be in for a wicked cross. LOL

The bottom line, for me, is that the FBI would have seriously investigated a confession in a brutal murder of an innocent family. If they heard that someone confessed to killing those babes, and an innocent man was in jail, awaiting trial, the FBI is going to look hard at that.

But it seemed that they discounted it for some reason. I dont believe they would do so without looking into it first.

Finished La Rock's testimony. He stated he drafted a letter to the keepers of the IP addresses to officially request the historical information which he gave to the defense which was never subsequently submitted! What a bunch of crock. He also did specify the three IP search engines he used. He was a waste of time and money, IMO. Not sure what he proved.

She was also evicted from her apartment last year and had a judgement against her for about 3 months rent.

Finished La Rock's testimony. He stated he drafted a letter to the keepers of the IP addresses to officially request the historical information which he gave to the defense which was never subsequently submitted! What a bunch of crock. He also did specify the three IP search engines he used. He was a waste of time and money, IMO. Not sure what he proved.

He proved just what you've said. 'He was a waste of time, and money.'

And a LOT of wasted $$$$$$ money too! Ugh.

Imo

I don't believe Dan did this, but he is no choir boy. Apparently and noted in various online complaints after the family went missing, he scammed buyers who had ordered fountains. In all cases noted, the buyers never received fountains after giving Dan payment.

Having said that, It wouldn't surprise me if he skimmed some money from Joey's accounts once he realized he probably wasn't coming back.

BBM

How did he realize JM wasn't coming back?

The bottom line, for me, is that the FBI would have seriously investigated a confession in a brutal murder of an innocent family. If they heard that someone confessed to killing those babes, and an innocent man was in jail, awaiting trial, the FBI is going to look hard at that.

But it seemed that they discounted it for some reason. I dont believe they would do so without looking into it first.

And let me add, that I dont believe the FBI would discount her story just because she had been a prostitute or because she had accused him of DV or because they broke up. None of those things would mean he didn't confess to her at some point. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa