Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s my take on the new audio. To me it sounds like he is positioning himself in an authoritative role. Like he “caught” the girls doing something they shouldn’t and used this as a ruse to lead them. Not implying the girls did anything wrong at all. But this audio to me sounds like...

Ok girls I caught you. I don’t want to do this but c’mon

Guys, down the hill.

It’s a reluctant sound like I have to do this, gotta turn you in.

I don’t think the girls did anything wrong. I think this creep acted as an authority figure in an effort to control them.

I agree on it sounding like him possibly positioning himself in an authoritative role, and have had a couple of thoughts that have been running through my mind since yesterday.
-Could the girls have gone onto private property, possibly accidentally, or to take photos they couldn’t otherwise have gotten ? A minor infraction, that he used to his advantage.

My second thought - Could the girls have accidentally caught BG involved in something illegal that he was not going to allow to be disclosed, possibly due to his standing or position in the community? JMO

I found the information released yesterday disappointing to say the least. They presented a 2-year-old sketch that looks nothing like the previous sketch. Why they sat on that for 2 years we'll never know. Then, they released a couple more seconds of the same grainy video. Then, a couple more words on the audio. They talked about the importance of a vehicle, but didn't give a make/model/description - only where it was parked.

I agree totally. I was expecting more. Definitely got the feeling they don't have much. Like you said--I hope Im wrong.

I just hope that they receive specific tips that can aid the investigation and narrow the focus.

Someone finally puts two and two together and turn in a family member, a neighbor, close friend etc.

An eyewitness remembers something odd about someone they know around the time of the murders and resembles the sketch.

Or they are acting paranoid since the presser and it jogs ones memory of the person being obsessed with the case and being in that area on that day.

I hope they aren't flooded with social media tips of the sketch looks like so and so, I saw their picture on the internet.

I don't know him but I think its him.

LE have plenty of trained personnel to do that type of digging on their own.

And likely already have

Last edited:
Let me throw this out there and see what y’all think of this. A friend of mine came up with this last night when we were discussing the latest developments in the case.
A big question has always been how did BG leave the scene without someone noticing him perhaps covered in blood as he leaves. Thoughts were he parked in the cemetery and avoided people. With this new info of a vehicle at the old CPS building that complicates matters. To get back to that location he sure would be exposed and out in the open.
It was discussed on WS last night and before that BG was over dressed and perhaps disguised. My friend wondered if BG removed his outer layer of clothes after killing the girls and threw them in the creek, then walked away, with clean and different clothes unworried that people would recognize him. Then I recalled, I think, that LE reported or a reporter said they found clothes in the creek. The assumption was, at least for me at the time but others too I think, that the clothes found were the girls’. Maybe they weren’t.
My friend also thought the killer maybe held up in that shack a little upstream to dry off(The Shack reference at Press conference) then circled back to his car.
Just her thoughts. Was wondering y’all think.

bbm

The photographer said he saw girls' clothing.

"From 75-yards away I could see girls clothing in Deer Creek east of the bridge and knew full well that the girls where found very nearby."

J Kyle Keener

You may be right, but I'm thinking they know who it is and they need just need someone to corroborate what they already know. To me, that means they're close to making an arrest, which is why they have released more detail.

I also think that, after two years, he may think he has gotten away with it. This news conference should worry him and perhaps force make a mistake. Or, force someone who knows him, who was hoping the murders would be forgotten, to come forward.
I sure hope your right.

Which might be part of the reason LE put off releasing the second sketch for so long.

That could certainly be. As LE know who the witness is and claim they’ve had the sketch for two years one would certainly think they’ve had more than enough time to seek out anyone local who bears even a faint physical resemblance to the sketch.

bbm

The photographer said he saw girls' clothing.

"From 75-yards away I could see girls clothing in Deer Creek east of the bridge and knew full well that the girls where found very nearby."

J Kyle Keener

How could he tell it was girls clothing from that far away? These two weren't wearing frilly dresses. They were sporty young ladies.

I hesitate to bring up an accent again, but does anyone think he still sounds like someone not from the area? Like maybe grew up somewhere else but has been tied to Delphi for many years?

I think the “guys” is a huge clue about his early years. It’s a term I’d use to any group of 2 or more, male or female, known or not. I grew up 1,000 miles from Delphi.

I’m Canadian so I find that a lot of Americans have an “accent” but I don’t detect anything that would make me think non-native accent, personally.

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says
"Bryant, who did not draw an earlier, widely-disseminated sketch released by police that showed a much-older looking person of interest, told the Star he creates his drawings based off how a witness describes a suspect using a "facial identification reference sheet," which allows people to describe a suspect based on various categories such as a person's head shape, style of eyebrows or type of nose.

"The witness is the main focus," he told the paper. "So there’s no input from law enforcement at all in the generating of a sketch, other than my presence as the artist."
"We believe you are hiding in plain sight," an emotional Carter said, addressing the killer directly during the news conference. "For more than two years you never thought we would shift to a different investigative strategy, but we have."

Early this morning on ABC news, the press conference was reported. A newsman who was there said the audience was being filmed, and everyone who entered the room had to sign their name to a sign in sheet

I’m wondering if a body language expert was watching the audience I think it is likely. If he was there he must have some gall and nerve to stand there with his concerned citizen act taunting law enforcement.

I wonder about the hands of the perp in his trousers.
I am from the Netherlands Europe and men here keep there hands in the pockets of their jackets.

I don’t want to start a “Guys” discussion but is it common in the US to put your hands in your trouser pockets?

Here are my thoughts, my opinions, for what they’re worth:

1. Mention of the movie The Shack was not a reference to a real shack. It was a plea to BG’s conscious. I’ve not watched the movie (yet) but my understanding is that it is about God’s presence with the victim, victim’s family & the killer; salvation & forgiveness. Carter was telling BG that even though he did this horrendous act, he can be forgiven & that the girls are not hurting anymore. Urging BG to come forward.

2. There is no doubt in my mind the purpose of this PC was to communicate directly with BG. The additional audio & video, as well as the sketch, could be considered secondary to the true purpose. Every single word was deliberate & direct. Is it possible that BG has communicated with law enforcement & this was the response? Would he wait so long to do so?

3. I believe that the use of “guys” to address the girls is simply part of BG’s everyday vocabulary. I don’t perceive any significance it’s use.

4. I’m not sure what to make of Carter’s plea for patience because they’re just beginning/just getting started (sorry, I don’t remember his exact quote). Thoughts?

*as always, jmo
The idea that the killer has communicated with LE and this is their response to him is very interesting to me. I assumed they were talking to him, but never in the context of the press conference as a "response" to the killer. This is a very interesting, and quite possibly accurate assessment IMO.

I finally understand the car wasn't abandoned... It was simply parked for a time. Also, it seems it's about a 5 min walk to the trail/bridge (IIRC) from where the car was parked. I wonder if LE believes the killer entered AND exited by this route? Would the timing be correct - Do we know approx time the girls were killed? Is it likely they were killed quickly after being told "Down the hill"??

From the presser LE seems to tell the killer... We know (as well as your friends/family know) how much you've changed since the murders. So, I wonder if it could be the rough, chubby, unshaven killer has (since the murders) reformed himself into a clean-shaven, upstanding, slimmer, church-going, nice guy... That they believe might now more closely resemble the "new" sketch?? ETA:. NEVERMIND... if the new sketch was drawn soon after the murders... My thoughts are useless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon