Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the presser. Right before Carter says "hiding in plain sight," he stated the person could be in the room, which would mean present at the press conference. It reminds me of the chief who brought attention to the fact that Kelsey Berreth's fiancé wasn't present for hers, and then was arrested shortly thereafter.

Another observation I made is how agitated Carter was throughout. I don't think I've ever seen a presser quite like this one. He knows so much they're not sharing with the public. He was having a hard time tamping down his anger. I have no doubt that this man will find the killer if it's the last thing he does on this earth.
I think he’s already found him. It’s nailing him that’s the trick.

I think they released the second sketch now because it’s a better resemblance of their current suspect. I think the witness who helped them create the 2nd one didn’t see him on the bridge but the 1st witness did. LE thought the 1st one looked more like their picture of BG so they gave it more credence But that picture was blurry, clothes made him look heavy/older and angles weren’t good. Plus, as some have mentioned he may have been wearing a disguise when that picture was taken. IMO LE have gotten some tips or had other reasons to suspect their current POI and realize the 2nd witness sketch would have been the better choice.

They should have released both composites at the time and the video

What doesn't make sense is Carter says he may be in the room but then has a sketch and a video of the man. So what does he have an invisibility cloak where Carter can't see him right in front of his face?

i feel like the word "may" (be in the room) was used to express that he HAS been in other press conferences, and could very possibly be in this one, but they need that last piece of evidence to prove it's him so he cannot call him out right then and there. otherwise he would have said, "he's in the room right now." he has put the town on high alert and is confirming to them that it IS someone they know. it's not rumors anymore. we KNOW it's someone who has been to these press conferences before. i felt like he gave a death stare to one particular person right when he said "may be in this room," but again, i cannot be certain.

After listening to it a couple of times and then listening to it again the next day I started to hear that as well, even making out the words that might have been said. Now l can't listen to it anymore, it gives me anxiety, only worse. Like panic. I wonder why they would keep this in there and not edit it out. Maybe it's nothing and just some background noise and it's just pareidolia. But yeah, I won't be listening to it again.

Sorry for quoting myself, I didn't want to say the words that I am hearing because I didn't want others to start hearing them too. But I hear the same as everybody else which makes me think it could be right. Maybe they thought it's distorted enough, but whatever it is, I wish they would have just muted that part.

I find it possible that the phone filming him could have been the trigger for some kind of psychosis or paranoia, but why the phone and video were left behind puzzles me.

What Bessie said could lead some credence to theory they already know who it is but the impression I get is they do not, it's all a bluff. Why would they release the new composite if they already know?

the impression i got was that it's aimed at someone BG KNOWS very well and will confidently know him by the new composite. i think it was for BG'S wife. and they need her as a witness or for her husband's lack of an alibi during the crucial hours the day of the murders. MOO.

eta: that was my initial gut feeling in the press conference. it's subject to change at any time with this crazy case.

Last edited:
If I saw someone I knew dressed very differently than his normal attire, in a place I would least expect to see him, I might question it. Maybe enough to take a photo or video.

The officer's emotional state during the presser speaks volumes. He is angry that the perp is who he is, likely someone many in town know and probably everyone in town knows of. The perp--or maybe the person providing his alibi--is in a position that has protected them from suspicion. A pastor or priest? A cop?

How you left them is not how they are now are haunting words. The officer thought it imperative to make such statements to the perp and there is a reason for that. I think before long we will know that reason.

What Bessie said could lead some credence to theory they already know who it is but the impression I get is they do not, it's all a bluff. Why would they release the new composite if they already know?

LE sometimes does things like this. I still don't know why but I suspect it has something to do with hoping someone will come forward with some bit of information they need.

For anyone familiar with the Sierra LaMar case, they were putting out composites of the perp and all along they knew who it was, and then they released a still from a video of a car and asked the public for help identifying the car and its driver. Soon we all found out they knew who their suspect was and they had the car in their possession already. So why ask questions they already have answers to? Well, maybe they want to hear various views hoping someone will add something important to what they already know.

If I saw someone I knew dressed very differently than his normal attire, in a place I would least expect to see him, I might question it. Maybe enough to take a photo or video.

The officer's emotional state during the presser speaks volumes. He is angry that the perp is who he is, likely someone many in town know and probably everyone in town knows of. The perp--or maybe the person providing his alibi--is in a position that has protected them from suspicion. A pastor or priest? A cop?

How you left them is not how they are now are haunting words. The officer thought it imperative to make such statements to the perp and there is a reason for that. I think before long we will know that reason.

agreed totally. "how you left them" is a message to the family and friends of this man, that might be being protected by them, that he is a monster, and not the saint he might possibly portray himself as to them. HUGE message with those words. MOO.

LE sometimes does things like this. I still don't know why but I suspect it has something to do with hoping someone will come forward with some bit of information they need.

For anyone familiar with the Sierra LaMar case, they were putting out composites of the perp and all along they knew who it was, and then they released a still from a video of a car and asked the public for help identifying the car and its driver. Soon we all found out they knew who their suspect was and they had the car in their possession already. So why ask questions they already have answers to? Well, maybe they want to hear various views hoping someone will add something important to what they already know.

The Lyric and Elizabeth case in Iowa come to my mind, with the latest info from the Delphi case.

LE waited until 3 witnesses came forward stating they saw a white SUV on the trail by Meyers Lake, before they made the info about a vehicle description public. I found that interesting. Even such details we observers would think LE should make public in short order, they will sometimes hold close to the vest.

JMO

agreed totally. "how you left them" is a message to the family and friends of this man, that might be being protected by them, that he is a ******* monster, and not the saint he might possibly portray himself as to them. HUGE message with those words. MOO.

To me sounds more of an expression of his personal belief in the afterlife

Does anyone know how far from the crime scene the car was parked? Is there a map somewhere that was posted?

The DSS office was right by Andersons, a grain terminal/elevator by C.R. 300. I drove by it the Summer of '17. The building was razed last year.

Attachments

• Spot where witness saw a truck on 2.13.17.png
    Spot where witness saw a truck on 2.13.17.png
    877.9 KB · Views: 41
The Lyric and Elizabeth case in Iowa come to my mind, with the latest info from the Delphi case.

LE waited until 3 witnesses came forward stating they saw a white SUV on the trail by Meyers Lake, before they made the info about a vehicle description public. I found that interesting. Even such details we observers would think LE should make public in short order, they will sometimes hold close to the vest.

JMO

Maybe the police should have released the info sooner since it's still unsolved? Police always keep everything hidden from the public in order to "weed out false confessions" but in my opinion that's that's not a valid reason.

Has anyone ever said where the actual crime scene was? Is it where they were found? I thought I read they searched that area and there was nothing, then went back and the girls were there, so I didn't think that was where the crime took place.

There was no officially organized search that evening, by that I mean there was no sense of immediate danger for the girls, no sense of urgency on the part of LE and the searchers, really. It was more of a haphazard search, in a way. Little local LE, family and friends, volunteer FD folks, etc. An Amber Alert out of Gary was a bigger story. A&L going missing made the 11PM news out of Indy, but there was no sense they had been in danger. Same for the 5AM news out of Indy the next morning.

To me sounds more of an expression of his personal belief in the afterlife

It sounded like that to me as well, but why say it? I mean, he could believe the perp will burn in Hell, so why not say something like that?

There is a reason why he chose to address the perp in the ways that he did. Maybe it's just the way the guy talks; I don't know him personally and maybe if I did I would find his speech and mannerisms to be normal for him. But without that, I find his choice of words unusual to say the least.

Last edited:
Sorry for quoting myself, I didn't want to say the words that I am hearing because I didn't want others to start hearing them too. But I hear the same as everybody else which makes me think it could be right. Maybe they thought it's distorted enough, but whatever it is, I wish they would have just muted that part.
Hear what? I guess I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member