Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
delp003_large.jpg

View attachment 180863

Orientation is different, but I believe these two maps together can give a decent picture of the locations we're working with.

Thanks for these maps @holtzmann! This even makes me wonder even more if the vehicle is a red herring. What perp would park their vehicle so wide out in the open, so conspicuous, commit a heinous crime and then either 1) walk through the cemetery out on the open road, or 2) walk back through the woods/trail where other hikers would be coming in. What does that vehicle have to do with this, and why was Carter so cagey about it in the press conference to not give any description or even if it was a car, truck, etc?

I was just reading some about that bridge and the trail/s , Seems that trail is out of the way the person writing about this trail says it took awhile to find the trail...

I'm thinking that it does seem unlikely anyone unfamiliar with the area would just happen to go hiking there. I wonder how far from the trail that abandoned welfare office was ?

This is part of the description / article I was reading :
"...
One of the more interesting of the dozen or so trails of the city is along the old Monon Railroad right-of-way east of town. Here the “High Bridge Trail” gives walkers a chance to experience tremendous vertigo and possible death by slippage on one of the most spectacular railroad bridges in northern Indiana.

The trailhead is a bit difficult to find but once we drove up the dead-end driveway through the inch of virgin snowfall, we bundled up and headed down the level, wide trail. It was obvious the only hikers in the past few days had been coyotes, fox and perhaps the odd squirrel.

We walked the .85 miles out to the old bridge, happy whenever we could slip below the level of surrounding fields out of the wind. Whenever the cold east wind was blocked by terrain or trees, the day and even the snow felt warm enough to slip on a pair of shorts for these winter-weary Hoosiers...." 1.
1. .Delphi: Monon High Bridge Trail hike | WildIndiana.com
Not sure where you are from. I have never been to Delphi but where I am from (the rural part of the DMV) there are many named parks, river areas, etc. that outsiders would call hard to find, but “everyone who lives here knows.

I keep listening to it, but I can't discern any particular words or screams. I think it may be artifacting from the enhancement and editing done to make BG's voice clearer.

Gray Hughes has a video with a loop of the audio.

LE could probably use the input as to what feature or features stand out. Small details are very important , even if they seem insignificant. Don’t compare photos. Just say what facial detail stands out that someone might have specifically described.

His mouth. But I'd be awful at a sketch. I'm a lip reader.

Just posting this link as it has a google map and the location of the abandoned building where the car was interest was parked, if anyone’s interested. It’s reportedly a five minute walk to the trail system.

Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

On that topic, just my thoughts.....For the first five months LE released no sketch. LE obviously hoped the photos and the audio would lead to an arrest. So then in July/17 came the first sketch, reportedly one or more witnesses only recently came forward claiming they remembered seeing the guy walking on the trail.

Now the latest sketch and LEs interest in this car that was parked but curiously, they’re not giving a description of it, no make, no model, not even the colour. The potential witness appears not to have been walking on the trail at all, rather someone who noticed the driver of this parked car for some reason. This is the “new direction” IMO. LE now have reason to believe the driver of this car committed the murders. That’s huge - if the witness saw what the driver looked like LE surely know a lot of information about the ID of the car as well.

“Indiana State Police say they are looking for the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS/DCS/Welfare building that was abandoned on the east side of CR 300 N next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between noon and 5 p.m. Feb. 13, 2017. That's the day 14-year-old Libby and 13-year-old Abby went missing. Their bodies were found the next day just out of sight of the bridge. Police did not give a description of the vehicle.”
Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

“The sketch released on Monday was drawn by Bryant on Feb. 17, 2017, a few days after the victims' bodies were found. The picture was based on the description of a person who saw something that the person felt needed to be reported, according to Bryant....”
Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

Students were off for an unused snow day. But it was stated early on that according to the district calendar teachers had an inservice work day.

I've been here from the beginning but don't remember ever hearing it was a work day. Does anyone else remember as AB does? TIA.

On the previous thread last night I was reading about how maybe the press conference was not directed to a particular killer in mind, but a profile of one. What if that is why the parents left upset/possible angry....so disappointed that there was in fact no real news after expecting a break through. Maybe LE is trying a totally different tactic to generate publicity. Let's use a sketch that could look like BG if he changed after the murders - shaved, lost weight, grew his hair - or wore a disguise. The sketch of him looking like BG is not working. Use a profile of killers - many insert themselves - and describe him very personally like it's not just a profile so people really think about who they know. Release a tiny bit more audio and video so people study it again. Be very emotional to get viewers invested. Charge people up to really think about outside of the box about who could have done this and not dismiss a friend/family member because he seemed too young, too skinny, too nice, etc. Could it all have been a ploy to drum up interest again? Or is that just crazy thinking?

B2ED7531-28F6-4173-A0EF-14751723F728.jpeg
I thought the same about this bridge. Unless someone told him or he read about it , how would he know it was there?
Here are the things I keep going over:
Why was he sitting at the building? Did he park there to use his phone or maybe eat lunch? Is this why they suspect he may have come into Delphi for work, but didn't live there?
Did he see them being dropped off and decide to follow them? Is the abandoned building close enough that he could see this?
The new sketch has a thinner jawline and shows his hair. Did they capture video of the car somewhere else to get this image? gas station or store parking lot? Maybe a restaurant where he got lunch?
Could he have already starting talking/yelling to the girls on the bridge, then they got suspicious and decided to record him?
Did he head to this area hoping to find to find someone? Or, did he somehow know the girls were planning on going there?
And how is it possible that someone could be so evil?

Hi
The Monon Bridge trail is the eastern end of a long public trail that goes through the town of Delphi with a foot bridge that goes across I25.
To access the MononTrail and Mary Gerard Trail there was is a small parking area along CR 300 where the farm people let people park to hike.

Where the press conference cited "vehicle" was parked, was at an abandoned CPS building adjacent to I25 on County Rd. 300.
It is a very logical place to park to get on the trail east of I25.

The "vehicle" they are looking for information about wasn't parked in the location where the girls got dropped off - they were dropped off further east at the pull off area by the farm.
attached a map:)

Last edited:
Yes. "YOU know the focus we've been taking this whole time. YOU know what we've been concentrating on, and YOU didn't think we'd ever change it." So, WHO knows the most? Someone on the "inside." I do not suspect LE or an LE family member, personally. Maybe someone more on the periphery, involved in some capacity in public safety, public works, town government, etc.

Chin.

Family must know concentration, at least where LE focused. Not details but the direction of investigation?
(No need to discuss how LE withholds, etc., I know)

I find it possible that the phone filming him could have been the trigger for some kind of psychosis or paranoia, but why the phone and video were left behind puzzles me.
Do we know if BG left the phone behind ? I’ve always wondered about how the audio/video were recovered. Was the phone maybe disposed of somewhere ( even water ) and they were able to retrieve the files still? If it was a sexually motivated crime, the killer would have likely seen any phones underneath the girls’ clothing. Maybe the audio files were simply damaged upon recrovery and LE isn’t censoring some parts.

I hear 3 beats, or footsteps through leaves, heavy breaths, wind gusts, or something’s between guys, 1, 2, 3, down the hill. I don’t hear any voices or screams. I really don’t think LE would release anything like that. They would absolutely remove it. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member