Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
Popping in to ask a question: I have it in my mind that there was 45 minutes of recorded material on Libby’s phone. Is this actually a fact, or have I gotten a widespread rumor stuck in my head?

I haven't heard that. It's probably an estimation you heard or assumed yourself based on the time anyone last heard from them and the time they couldn't be reached.

MOO From the very beginning, my gut told me the cops were not conducting this investigation in the correct manner...I felt that they were slow to produce any results. The news conferences were all vague with little details. The bodies were found the next day, yards from the search area...I feel it was maybe mishandled. Now look what we have..."it is this guy...no-it is this one-just disregard that other one."

In defense of LE in terms of them finding the body the next day....from what I understand, there was very little searching time before it got dark. At some point they called the search because of the extreme darkness. They were afraid they were going to contaminate the crime scene if they literally stumbled into it during darkness. And they were concerned for the volunteers, who were scrambling around in unsafe conditions. I don't think we can blame them for calling off the search until daylight. JM O

We’ve seen in case after case, LE does not routinely share more info with families. And if they do, it’s very minor details. As soon as they do that, they are no longer in control of information. It just takes one innocent family member to slip a few words in a moment of grief or manipulation to cause a huge problem in a case. LE usually does not take that risk. They want perps caught and punished and nothing more. I do believe BP has confirmed on FB that the family doesn’t have more info. Moo

I believe his cheeks are always red. It’s honestly probably just rosacea.

It's also possible he was just getting angrier by the minute. Either at the turn of events or personally disagreeing with some aspect of the press conference. I thought they all looked kinda pissed off at the February press conference which was pointless.

With regard to the first sketch's origin, this is an excerpt from the transcription of the July '17 press conference in which the sketch was first shown. (The full transcription is on thread #62, post #236.)

Q. In the release, you mentioned some things exactly such as the hair color. Can you talk about this at this time?

A. Basically, the hair color is a reddish brown. She was .... the person was not clear on the color of the eyes, but she .... the person said it was definitely not blue. She was very obvious .... the person was very obviously not blue eyes, but they did mention that they were not clear on what color it was.

Q. So there are people out there who are sure they saw this guy walking around this day and they helped you out, is that it?

A. Pretty much that's what it is, yes.

Q. Did those people come forward right away, or did it take a little time for those people to come forward?

A. It's been a while. It took a little bit, people are scared, they are afraid to be recognized by the subject, so, it just takes a while for these things to happened. Like I said, the picture did not come overnight, we've been working on this for a while.

Thanks much for this-- I'd not seen it!

How does this compare to news account below that the first sketch released July 2017 was the witness account of a man seen before the girls were murdered. bbm

Indiana State Police released an image done by an FBI sketch artist on July 17, 2017. It was based on what they said was "recent information" from a witness who saw the suspect before the 13 and 14-year-olds' death.

They also gave a suspect description: a white male, 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-10, weighing 180 to 200 pounds, with reddish brown hair and an unknown eye color.

During a press conference ISP Sgt. Kim Riley said while the hat may not be accurate, the public should focus on the man's facial features in hopes of identifying him.

Review all of the evidence in the Delphi murders case that's been publicly released

More questions than answers.....

I just read the news that the old sketch is now no longer considered a person of interest and I still haven’t picked my jaw up from off the floor.

2 years... of the wrong face? That is ridiculous and disheartening, now everything makes sense, no wonder reports of the family leaving the PC in tears, they must feel sick knowing they wasted 2 years of the investigation chasing a ghost.

I see a lot of people on here who say stuff along the lines of “LE knows who the suspect is and it’s only a matter of time” etc etc.

I hate to be a Debby downer but I truly don’t see it that way. I see a frustrated and flustered LE that are grasping at straws.

The fact that the “new” sketch is actually 2 years old? That’s incredible disheartening, I feel at this point LE is showing their last cards hoping something sticks. It shatters my heart to say this but I don’t think LE are any closer to solving this case then when they started.

I cant get past the body language and red cheeks of the police officer standing next to Carter during press conference. In my opinion if the suspect could possibly be in the audience, why wasnt he watching for their reactions. It was like he was the one being spoken about!
Moo, he’s always appeared that way to me.

And why they told the guy he never thought they'd switch investigative strategies.
What held such weight that the whole investigation was sent in the wrong direction in the very beginning when info was still being gathered?

This is a combined group of intelligent and experienced investigators.

Something has recently changed/been discovered and I think it's going to be ugly...

All IMHOO JMO MOO

I just read the news that the old sketch is now no longer considered a person of interest and I still haven’t picked my jaw up from off the floor.

2 years... of the wrong face? That is ridiculous and disheartening, now everything makes sense, no wonder reports of the family leaving the PC in tears, they must feel sick knowing they wasted 2 years of the investigation chasing a ghost.

I see a lot of people on here who say stuff along the lines of “LE knows who the suspect is and it’s only a matter of time” etc etc.

I hate to be a Debby downer but I truly don’t see it that way. I see a frustrated and flustered LE that are grasping at straws.

The fact that the “new” sketch is actually 2 years old? That’s incredible disheartening, I feel at this point LE is showing their last cards hoping something sticks. It shatters my heart to say this but I don’t think LE are any closer to solving this case then when they started.

I agree with you to an extent, except now they have the right sketch (hopefully), so they ARE closer.

Our world needs 100% police transparency and oversight from the public.

Total transparency on what, exactly? And oversight from which segments of the public? Releasing more of the a/v? Updating on investigation strategy and history? COD and detailed autopsy info?

What police disclose in a murder investigation and when they choose to do it may well deserve discussion and incur oversight, IMO. But the idea that total transparency and public oversight are required in every case, and in real time is genuinely worrying to me. A quick scan of SM relating to this and other high-profile cases suggests that transparency can derail a case and that the public are often wrong and even malicious in their accusations. The need for public involvement and engagement is very different from case to case, surely.

In the 3 pics of BG on the bridge release by LE previously.
1, Hoodie up, 2, Hoodie up, 3, Hoodie down showing fluffy hair with part in middle.

• BG is no longer just a suspect but now definitively named the murderer.
  • Sketch #2 is now designated as being BG.
  • LE announced no new information in February on the anniversary, and did not hint at future revelations.
  • Monday's presser was called without teasers of what might be included. The contents were only revealed to the family about a half hour before public dissemination.
Something has changed in the investigation that prompted this drastic switch, and LE seems as angry about it as we are.

• BG is no longer just a suspect but now definitively named the murderer.
  • Sketch #2 is now designated as being BG.
  • LE announced no new information in February on the anniversary, and did not hint at future revelations.
  • Monday's presser was called without teasers of what might be included. The contents were only revealed to the family about a half hour before public dissemination.
Something has changed in the investigation that prompted this drastic switch, and LE seems as angry about it as we are.

BBM.

I wonder why this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads