Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The officials don’t know yet exactly how he died, so I think they’ve charged the parents with everything that MIGHT have happened, and they’ll narrow it down once they figure out what did happen.

In other words: one count of felony child abuse that led to his death from a fractured skull, (I’m just making this up,) one count of aggravated neglect that led to his starving to death, etc.

Oh, I'm sure they have a story already planned. It was an accident, we were afraid of DPS. Now lets see if they play the I'm not mentally competent card.

Does anyone know if, generally speaking, its legal for LE to ask questions of or interview the younger brother while he was in DCFS custody?

Officers or investigators may schedule interviews called Victim Sensitive Interviews in which a DCFS investigator may talk to the child. Typically parents and/or officers observe the interviews via live recording in another room.

"The Department of Children and Family Services is admitting to “shortcomings” in the agency’s oversight of a 5-year-old boy whose body was found Wednesday a few miles from his home in Crystal Lake."
State admits 'shortcomings' in handling of AJ Freund case after boy found dead

Whoever dropped the ball with Andrew (and also the other boy mentioned in the article) needs to be held accountable. Their actions (or lack thereof) played a factor in these boys' deaths. Andrew's death could have been prevented had he been removed from the home waaaayyyy earlier. Some people need to lose their jobs or offer their resignations!

The officials don’t know yet exactly how he died, so I think they’ve charged the parents with everything that MIGHT have happened, and they’ll narrow it down once they figure out what did happen.

In other words: one count of felony child abuse that led to his death from a fractured skull, (I’m just making this up,) one count of aggravated neglect that led to his starving to death, etc.

Thank you @wary ! Upon seeing your response I did some googling and you are exactly correct!

This case has made me so sad...and so angry! It's going to be very hard to sleep tonight.....

"The Department of Children and Family Services is admitting to “shortcomings” in the agency’s oversight of a 5-year-old boy whose body was found Wednesday a few miles from his home in Crystal Lake."
State admits 'shortcomings' in handling of AJ Freund case after boy found dead
Really!

The female officer in Dec. tried helping by removing AJ from the home, CFS finding no abuse to the child.

CFS will have an investigation with everyone point the finger at each other.

CFS failed by returning this sweet five year old boy with a beautiful smile to the"parents".
Calling them parents in the loosest term possible.
Your life mattered.
RIP AJ

Last edited:
" 'During the overnight hours, investigators with the Crystal Lake Police Department and the FBI interviewed both Joann Cunningham and Andrew 'Drew' Freund Sr. after information was obtained through a forensic analysis of cell phone data" said Crystal Lake police chief James Black.

Confronted with that cell phone data in the early morning hours, investigators say AJ's parents provided information that pointed police to the shallow grave containing the remains of their son.' "
How did Crystal Lake police crack the case of AJ Freund?

So....who gets the lovely responsibility of emptying that foreclosed home that the "parents" were supposed to have been out of 2 weeks ago now? The bank/financing company?

The "parents" no longer have the burden of dealing with THAT particular stressful situation now......which bothers me for some silly reason.

Does anybody know the date AF was suspended from practicing law or when his license was no longer suspended?

Also, let me know if you see something that needs to be added to the timeline :)
TIA
Per the ADRC Supreme Court of IL he was suspended between 2015 & 2016 but was reinstated later while being under judicial probation. He can currently practice. You can look him up here:ARDC | Lawyer Search

When I see that photo of AJ after the haircut, he is just beaming. He's beaming as a little boy who just wants love.

It hurts so much to see how radiant this child was in the depravity of his family situation.

RIP AJ. You are a ray of lovely golden light on this earth for too short a time

When I see that photo of AJ after the haircut, he is just beaming. He's beaming as a little boy who just wants love.

It hurts so much to see how radiant this child was in the depravity of his family situation.

RIP AJ. You are a ray of lovely golden light on this earth for too short a time
Makes me think how amazingly resilient children are! I've seen & had kids come from the saddest backgrounds and become the most grounded, loving, responsible adults one could ever meet. I am hoping the same for AJ's siblings.

Awful, just awful!

Having had AJ taken away as a baby for almost two years, it seems she wasn’t in too much of a hurry to get clean so he could come home. Her actions speak quite loudly to me,
she wasn’t ready to give the drugs up to get AJ back.IMO.

When was this second son born? Now that we’ve learned he is four, was he already born when AJ was retuned?

Can you imagine the nightmare in that house with a newborn and the return of AJ? The parents are strangers to AJ, everything he has known in his life has been taken away, the parents are adjusting to a whiny clingy toddler and a baby! Dependency on drugs probably was at an all time high! JMO.

And where was their money to live on coming from? Since Freund was in his fifties, he may have had a nice nest egg stashed away for retirement.

JC preferred her drugs over her first son, the one being raised by her mother. Why did she and AF think she would be a better mom the second time with AJ? Such a pity that a grown knowledgeable couple can bring three children into this world when they are so irresponsible for their own lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard