Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone recall LE asking if anyone had picked up someone hitchhiking along the highway carrying a backpack? This was soon after the murders.
Not sure if I'm mixing this case up with another.

If true, what happened? Was a backpack ever recovered?

MOO
Yes. LE put out the word right after it happened...within a few days.

No backpack found as far as I recall.
See somebody walking near Delphi? Call police

Last edited:
They made that decision based on the information they had at that time (26 months ago). We have no idea what new information may have come to light that has influenced LE's decision to change course but IMO it must be of significant importance!

Yeah I don't get why people are so quick to claim that LE must have made a mistake because they are changing directions after thousands of hours of investigation.

I was avoiding posting this because I haven’t had time or the energy to find a link. In the last few days, since the press conference, I have re-read just about all the threads on this case starting at the beginning. (Ok, I skimmed most of it really ). In any case, I remember reading, or perhaps even watching, Libby’s family talking about the recording between the girls... and what was said about BG. They mentioned something to the effect that there was that creepy guy again, and then later Abby, (could have been Libby but my recall is that this is said by Abby) says, “he’s right behind me isn’t he?”. I remember that very clearly because it creeped me out and took my breath away. I am sure that was what was said. It could have been a transcript of the Dr Phil interview, it could have been an interview with Grey Hughes, or it could have been someplace else, but wherever it was, it was the family that was recalling what they heard in the audio that hasn’t been released to the public.
I don't believe this could have happened, you must have imagined it. Please find a link before you post things.

Maybe he doesn't have many friends to run his mouth to? Or maybe he does and they are just now talking to LE

Maybe he has alluded to things that he did not realize might implicate, thinking people would not put two and two together. After all, he was feeling pretty confident prior to the "new direction". Carter: "you made a mistake".

The problem with both criticizing and defending LE in these threads is that inevitably it takes over the thread, becomes the topic. This debate is much like gun debates in this regard - a lot of passion and a whole lot of opinions that get us nowhere except dozens of pages that have little to do with the crime. MOO.

Now I shall nonchalantly stroll away in search of cover.

Yeah I don't get why people are so quick to claim that LE must have made a mistake because they are changing directions after thousands of hours of investigation.

Me either, I would be far more critical if there was radio silence and nothing going on. I can only infer that they are still actively working this case and trying to put all their evidence together to come to the correct conclusion. Of course I’m not a member of one of those fancy smancy Facebook groups that has already solved the case 100 different times with a 100 different suspects.:cool:

Last edited:
The problem with both criticizing and defending LE in these threads is that inevitably it takes over the thread, becomes the topic. This debate is much like gun debates in this regard - a lot of passion and a whole lot of opinions that get us nowhere except dozens of pages that have little to do with the crime. MOO.

Now I shall nonchalantly stroll away in search of cover.
I agree. it's okay to say i disagree or have a gut feeling but not to just hammer law enforcement or swoon over them either. Objectivity is the key. Everyone is human, we all make mistakes, our system is very bureaucratic and process driven; stick to the evidence!

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man. The only audio that has been released to the public from the phone is that of a man's voice ordering German and her friend, Abby Williams, "down the hill."

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

Doesn't it sound like the focus of the audio was not the man. They were talking about girl stuff and only mentioned the man.
It sounds like they noticed some creepy guy was in the area, maybe following them, but didn't think much of it.
They obviously did not know he was stalking them until the very last moment.
Who would? There are plenty of creeps around but we usually don't assume they will murder us. Imo

Last edited:
Please do let me know if my theory has been considered here, but I have been pondering a strange one today.

What if the timeline we've been given is completely off? What if the person who killed these little girls left the phone on purpose? Could he have met with the girls very shortly after they arrived? What if he is young, completely tech savvy, and posted the Snaps himself after the murders took place to throw the timeline off by making it seem as though the girls were alive? Snapchat has changed a lot with updates over the last two years, so he could have shared a photo of Abby on the bridge from a file rather than an image taken in real time. Since we are now being told that BG isn't the murderer (Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but new info via MSM from LE seems to clarify that BG and the suspect aren't the same people?) and the newer sketch with the younger looking perpatraror is the actual suspect, does it seem logical to anyone here that the person in the new sketch could have possibly taken the footage of BG as a way to frame someone else after the murder had taken place? Have LE already analyzed the BG footage for accurate time of day given the sunlight/shadows contained within the footage they've got? What if he pressed record on Libby's phone and purposely recorded the gruesome audio himself? Of course I hate to take away the amazing foresight had by Libby, but it's worth considering all angles. If he was capable of committing the acts, he was capable of recording the audio (at least.) This is the only way my mind can get past the murderer leaving the phone behind chockfull of seemingly incriminating evidence. Thoughts?

Food for thought. Obviously all my personal speculation.
I can’t imagine anyone hanging around longer than needed after doing what he did. Anything is possible, but I consider it unlikely.

I think they were video recording themselves and/or the bridge -- same as how they ended up with video footage of BG. I don't think that was intentional. I do think Libby intentionally left the audio on when BG approached them -- phone in her pocket. MOO
That's exactly how I think it happened.

He was in the background at first.

jmo

Much of the information that’s been released gives the impression the murderer was not aware Libby was using her phone to video or record conversations. He wasn’t aware because she intentionally ensured her actions were not obvious. If he didn’t know the phone contained incriminating evidence, then he’d have no reason to be concerned.
And, as I’m not tech savvy, I’ll have to genuinely ask this - but if this guy was tech savvy and had her phone, could he not delete stuff from her cloud using her phone?

It sounds like they noticed some creepy guy was in the area, maybe following them, but didn't think much of it.
They obviously did not know he was stalking them until the very last moment.
Who would? There are plenty of creeps around but we usually don't assume they will commit murder. Imo
Right. I also think BG didn't expect to be video/audio recorded, which is why I don't think he was in a disguise or faked his voice in any way.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member