Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its highly likely that a few people ran into BG on the trail that day. I just wish one would have recognized him by name.

This is another reason why I don't believe this perp is going to be someone that is a well known public figure.

JMO
It was a week day , mid day, and not exactly great hiking weather. I doubt it was very crowded on the trail at all

Also there would be no chance of Local News having images of the perps vehicle at that parking area between 12-5 on the 13th because they didn't even know there was even a missing persons case until long after the perp had already left that location.

Its impossible

My issue with BG seeing them get dropped off is that they capture his image from the SE end of the bridge -- upon this, there's supposedly a comment "is the creepy man behind me?" That means that they passed while heading south on the trail. MOO is that he saw them while they were walking down on the path, retreated to his vehicle to attain his kit seeing this was an opportunity for him, and then acted. Upon watching the videos, it's not at all a far walk (<15mins). If they were taking pictures, the girls were probably hanging out in a certain area for a bit, so he could've passed and then returned with ease, especially if he picked up his pace.

Furthermore, provided that he was *already* on the trail when he ran into the girls, I've been wondering: what type of person heads to a trail to walk ALONE? Either someone crossing this trail off his to-do list, or maybe someone who wanted to go on a walk to blow off some steam from something that happened to him or is resurfacing? It's just so strange,

I wonder why they need someone else to corroborate.(bbm)

Regarding the vehicle that was parked at the DHR building. LE may want to place a particular individual with the car. Put on record that (BG) was the driver of the car that day. To have a witness/evidence/statement prior to charging him.

I think he is reading here, and all media he can access. I don't think he'll call LE because he is a coward and too frightened. He knows he's not smart enough, so he'll hide like a little boy, one that is afraid of the dark. Yep, a coward.

Also there would be no chance of Local News having images of the perps vehicle at that parking area between 12-5 on the 13th because they didn't even know there was even a missing persons case until long after the perp had already left that location.

Its impossible

Yes that’s right because the missing persons call wasn’t even made yet. It was at 5:30pm.

It was a week day , mid day, and not exactly great hiking weather. I doubt it was very crowded on the trail at all
It may not have been crowded but there have been various local MSM and interviews with people that have stated that there were witnesses, in addition to what LE has confirmed.

people saw him they just didn't know who he was....MOO

I really do think this is an experienced killer/abductor/attacker, primarily because it appears he cased the area carefully prior to the attack. Predators like this spend a lot of time driving around, looking for places where kids hang out, that are remote and out of the way. He had figured the Monon Bridge Trail was a good place to do this and spent enough time planning how he would get there, where he would attack and how he would get out undetected. He figured out the hidden parking spot close to the trail, the remote area of the creek above the bridge where he could attack the girls unseen, then escape away from the trail parking area. He knew kids would be out of school, etc. Knew how to disguise himself but not attract attention.

He spent a lot of time planning this attack and pulled it off. Most first timers wouldn't have done so much advance planning. JMO
I think you are giving this guy too much credit TBH.

It could simply have been a crime of opportunity. I’m sure he has had fantasies of raping girls/women, but he had two strong teenage girls to overpower, so unfortunately I think it escalated to murder. I really dont think he has any intent to kill anyone that day, but I do believe he had every intent to rape the first chance he got... that he thought he could get away with.

He could have been someone that lost his job that day, had his partner leave him, had a fight with a parent or whatever. Perhaps he was mad that day and went for a walk to try and cool down, but two young girls crossed his path and that was his prime opportunity to get back at whatever it was he was angry at.

No point over thinking things and assuming this guy was intelligent or cunning. I think he is probably a weird loner that has sick fantasies, which became reality.

Best Case Worst Case Delphi Murders Podcast

What about the difficulty of controlling two teenage girls?

Maureen O'Connell discussed the discrepancy between BG's seemingly thin legs and upper-body bulkiness. To her, it was clear he had a lot of stuff packed into his jacket in addition to the fanny pack he was wearing. She thought the bulk had an impact on his gait.

Thank you so much for posting this. Now I clearly understand why in the PC we were told to remember he is walking across rotted boards. The weight of what he was carrying impacted his gait. So during his daily activities there would not be anything noticeable regarding his gait.

It could simply have been a crime of opportunity. I’m sure he has had fantasies of raping girls/women, but he had two strong teenage girls to overpower, so unfortunately I think it escalated to murder. I really dont think he has any intent to kill anyone that day, but I do believe he had every intent to rape the first chance he got... that he thought he could get away with.

He could have been someone that lost his job that day, had his partner leave him, had a fight with a parent or whatever. Perhaps he was mad that day and went for a walk to try and cool down, but two young girls crossed his path and that was his prime opportunity to get back at whatever it was he was angry at.

No point over thinking things and assuming this guy was intelligent or cunning. I think he is probably a weird loner that has sick fantasies, which became reality.
I agree with most of that, with one exception; the second he laid eyes on those girls, he was going to kill them.

There’s no way around that, especially if he didn’t want to get caught.

I haven’t quite found what I was looking for, but I find something else that was helpful. I was just curious, if everyone voluntarily came forward who was on the trail except for the suspect, if sketch #1 was sighted on the trail and he was a different man than sketch #2, why wasn’t he one of the people who came forward.

The answer is - apparently he was only sighted near the trail.

“Police say they hope the sketch will help clarify some of the pictures that were previously released regarding the investigation and the man on the bridge. Police say the sketch of the suspect is based off witness tips, including one woman who told police she saw this man near the Delphi Historic Trails the day Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered.”
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

LE has the vehicle, so they got quite a bit of information from the tags, registration, and possibly some evidence from inside it.

I think what they are searching/asking for now, is more detailed info from a person or persons who may have witnessed any activity involving the vehicle that day, e.g.:
  1. Arrival - Did you see the vehicle actually being driven? What time? What direction was it travelling in, or from direction did it turn off the road into the parking lot? Did you see the driver? Did you see the driver exit the vehicle? What did he/she do after exiting? Retrieve items from it? Walk away? In what direction? Were there any passengers in the vehicle? What did they do? Can you describe the driver and/or any other people you saw? Can you describe him/her - face, stature, gait, clothing, etc., Were there any individuals who on the ground who appeared to be waiting for the vehicle to arrive?
  2. Departure - same basic questions in reverse - did you see someone approach the vehicle? What time? What direction did he/ she come from? Was the person on foot? Alone or with others? Dropped off by another vehicle? Can you describe him/her - face, stature, gait, clothing, carrying items? Which way did the vehicle go when it left the lot?
I don't think LE expects to be able to find someone who saw everything there from 12-5. But, what if someone happened drive by and saw something they felt was suspicious? Or pulled in by the building to turn around and saw someone or something? LE is looking for any missing pieces that will help them possibly tie a driver to the car and/or possibly tie him/her to the crime. JMO

if the vehicle was registered to some one else, for whatever reason, this could all be a bit more complicated

Reading about this case, I remembered a case years ago in the very northern part of MN.
I have posted a link to the story. In this case, the suspect was on his phone with his girlfriend who just broke off they’re relationship. Time of opportunity was right before his eyes.
Ten years later, Holmquist death continues to play a part in...

sure. the aftermath. but to pull off that crime with 2 victims? seems it couldn't be his first attempt. Not saying he has actually killed before, but he has done things that gave him the capacity/confidence to attempt this.

I respectfully disagree. A first timer with a support system can think he is Scott free for a while.

if the vehicle was registered to some one else, for whatever reason, this could all be a bit more complicated

I’d like to add that they asked who was DRIVING the car parked at the abandoned building. Perhaps they know who the vehicle is registered to... but it is registered to two people

It just struck me, BG wanted the girls to be found. He never planned to take them elsewhere to bury them. He didn't try to bury them at the crime scene. (A family member says in a video that a searcher looked up to see two deer standing on the ridge, then looked down, and the girls "were laying [sic] in the grass.")

Some killers try to hide their victims or dispose of them in remote locations until there is often not much left but a skeleton. It can be years before a hunter or someone else stumbles upon human remains from a murder. As we speak, there are murder victims who have not been found and who will never be found.

Part of BG's fantasy was to show off what he had done. He is not someone who was conflicted and suddenly lashed out in anger. BG's fantasy included the discovery of the bodies, the outrage and grief at what he had no right to take, and the continuing cat-and-mouse game with LE. BG knows he's gotten away with the murders for two years, and as a true psychopath, he is enjoying the notoriety and the control over people's emotions.

BG doesn't give a fig what we think of him. He doesn't care what LE or his family thinks. He is utterly devoid of conscience. BG knows right from wrong, but people are not human beings to him. They have no value except to control and manipulate. Their feelings mean nothing to him.

BG is a man who took two innocent lives at random. He did not care about ending their dreams or the pain he inflicted. As other killers like BTK say, their victims were nothing but objects to him; objects to use in his own sick game.

BG is not worried about being caught or arrested in the next week. He doesn't care if his family is embarrassed or shamed. All BG cares about is himself and indulging his pathetic disgusting fantasies.

BG believes taking the life of someone else makes his more valuable, raises his esteem, makes people afraid of him, elevates him to antagonist hero. He wanted the girls' bodies found so they could be his trophies. BG never got a sideline cheer or a cheerleader because BG is a failure. A coward. A nothing nobody. A real man does not do what he did, but BG will never be a real man. He will forever been a weak pitiful ugly worm, playing in and eating his own *advertiser censored* until the day he dies.

Last edited:
I think the term abandoned was in reference to the building, the way the sentence is structured.

I'm not aware of any fire. Was it a controlled burn for training?

MSM source for the new info:

Community hopeful after new images, audio released of suspected Delphi killer

"abandoned" is the term they used at the presser. I think a more appropriate term would be "unoccupied", the vehicle was not abandoned. It was there by the building, then it wasn't at some time in the afternoon.

JMO

Everybody has a different opinion, different “instincts”...who is BG?

My deep down heart opinion JMO MOO IMO is that BG is NOT YOUNG. Many of my fellow comrades here (and obviously LE at this moment based on “18 to 40”) disagree. :)

In all my years here I have always felt “connected” to LE in every case. I feel a disconnect here that something is not right with this case, whatever that means. Perhaps it’s the tension of a potential “ruse” or game of cat and mouse. Whatever is going down the tension is thick as it’s always been, if not thicker. Positive vibes and thoughts all the way, and of course respect all the way for Law Enforcement. They certainly are privy to information and facts. And to all of you who think we’re on the brink, Fantastic and I HOPE YOU’RE RIGHT.

If we happen to be here 6 months later knock on wood, then ask me what I meant.

ETA: I do remember I gave up hope with our little “oinkies” trapped in the cave in Thailand, it was after the rescue diver died on the way in, what a HERO he was, anyway, a miracle happened and our little oinkies got out! :)

Last edited:
Just bringing this information forward so we don’t get off track with misinformation regarding the vehicle.

There is no “abandoned vehicle.”

Their Multi-Agency Task Force provided the following points of clarification after Monday’s informational news conference:

• A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN

Everybody has a different opinion, different “instincts”...who is BG?

My deep down heart opinion JMO MOO IMO is that BG is NOT YOUNG. Many of my fellow comrades here (and obviously LE at this moment based on “18 to 40”) disagree. :)

In all my years here I have always felt “connected” to LE in every case. I feel a disconnect here that something is not right. Perhaps it’s the tension of a potential “ruse” or game of cat and mouse. Whatever is going down the tension is thick as it’s always been. Positive vibes and thoughts all the way, and of course respect all the way for Lae Enforcement. They know waaay more then we do.

If we happen to be here 6 months later knock on wood, then ask me what I meant.
I think the term abandoned was in reference to the building, the way the sentence is structured.
Man, I go away for a day and now I'm behind, by about 3 threads lol. Will just have to read this latest thread to catch up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname