Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are giving this guy too much credit TBH.

It could simply have been a crime of opportunity. I’m sure he has had fantasies of raping girls/women, but he had two strong teenage girls to overpower, so unfortunately I think it escalated to murder. I really dont think he has any intent to kill anyone that day, but I do believe he had every intent to rape the first chance he got... that he thought he could get away with.

He could have been someone that lost his job that day, had his partner leave him, had a fight with a parent or whatever. Perhaps he was mad that day and went for a walk to try and cool down, but two young girls crossed his path and that was his prime opportunity to get back at whatever it was he was angry at.

No point over thinking things and assuming this guy was intelligent or cunning. I think he is probably a weird loner that has sick fantasies, which became reality.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. I'm basing mine on what the former FBI agent was saying, per the "Best Case Worst Case Delphi Murders" Podcast. Unfortunately, for many of these child killers, the anticipation, planning, etc. of their crime is also very thrilling to them.

From former FBI profiler, Jim Clemente:

Jim said the perpetrator is probably from around Delphi and spends a significant amount of time there. Whether he grew up there or landed there from somewhere else, we don’t know, but Jim said the offender knew that this was a place where little girls who fit his fantasy could be. Jim’s profile of the offender: He’s the kind of guy who fantasized a great deal about doing this. This was not impulsive. This is something that he had planned for. It didn’t go exactly as he planned, but he had thought about this, he was compulsive, he had played this fantasy out in his mind over and over. He took steps to carry it out: preparing a place to carry out the crime, figuring out how to threaten and control the victim, and preparing a place where he could be unseen until a victim arrived. He has some level of criminal sophistication that only comes from having committed precursive crimes. He might have exhibited peeping behavior, he might have broken into residences to go through underwear drawers, etc. He gets off on the excitement and thrill of being in a place you’re not supposed to be and looking at people’s intimate things. He almost certainly did these things, but we don’t know whether he was caught for these misdemeanor crimes. He seems to have some forensic sophistication because it doesn’t seem as though he left much forensic evidence behind.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

My issue with BG seeing them get dropped off is that they capture his image from the SE end of the bridge -- upon this, there's supposedly a comment "is the creepy man behind me?" That means that they passed while heading south on the trail. MOO is that he saw them while they were walking down on the path, retreated to his vehicle to attain his kit seeing this was an opportunity for him, and then acted. Upon watching the videos, it's not at all a far walk (<15mins). If they were taking pictures, the girls were probably hanging out in a certain area for a bit, so he could've passed and then returned with ease, especially if he picked up his pace.

Furthermore, provided that he was *already* on the trail when he ran into the girls, I've been wondering: what type of person heads to a trail to walk ALONE? Either someone crossing this trail off his to-do list, or maybe someone who wanted to go on a walk to blow off some steam from something that happened to him or is resurfacing? It's just so strange,
Gosh, it never even occurred to me that he had to go back to retrieve his gun, etc. from his vehicle! I had just assumed he for some reason already had his equipment with him. Could have been either way I guess!

It just struck me, BG wanted the girls to be found. He never planned to take them elsewhere to bury them. He didn't try to bury them at the crime scene. (A family member says in a video that a searcher looked up to see two deer standing on the ridge, then looked down, and the girls "were laying [sic] in the grass.")

Some killers try to hide their victims or dispose of them in remote locations until there is often not much left but a skeleton. It can be years before a hunter or someone else stumbles upon human remains from a murder. As we speak, there are murder victims who have not been found and who will never be found.

Part of BG's fantasy was to show off what he had done. He is not someone who was conflicted and suddenly lashed out in anger. BG's fantasy included the discovery of the bodies, the outrage and grief at what he had no right to take, and the continuing cat-and-mouse game with LE. BG knows he's gotten away with the murders for two years, and as a true psychopath, he is enjoying the notoriety and the control over people's emotions.

BG doesn't give a fig what we think of him. He doesn't care what LE or his family thinks. He is utterly devoid of conscience. BG knows right from wrong, but people are not human beings to him. They have no value except to control and manipulate. Their feelings mean nothing to him.

BG is a man who took two innocent lives at random. He did not care about ending their dreams or the pain he inflicted. As other killers like BTK say, their victims were nothing but objects to him; objects to use in his own sick game.

BG is not worried about being caught or arrested in the next week. He doesn't care if his family is embarrassed or shamed. All BG cares about is himself and indulging his pathetic disgusting fantasies.

BG believes taking the life of someone else makes his more valuable, raises his esteem, makes people afraid of him, elevates him to antagonist hero. He wanted the girls' bodies found so they could be his trophies. BG never got a sideline cheer or a cheerleader because BG is a failure. A coward. A nothing nobody. A real man does not do what he did, but BG will never be a real man. He will forever been a weak pitiful ugly worm, playing in and eating his own **** until the day he dies.

Maybe he was trying to quickly depart the scene... Nothing about this seems premeditated to me. It was broad daylight, after all.

Any chance he did something similar to animals? Any history of animals barbarically killed in that area during these years? In the same manner?
I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

Arson too, which can (strangely) have a sexual component.

These guys invariably build up to murder in some way or another.

Maybe he was trying to quickly depart the scene... Nothing about this seems premeditated to me. It was broad daylight, after all.

He brought a weapon and apparently a kill pack. He planned to assault the girls and kill them. He knew the bridge and the woods area intimately. He marched those girls straight down the hill toward the lowest part of the creek where a sandbar could help them walk to the other side. That was where he had planned to kill them, in a more secluded spot. Broad daylight just makes the crime more exciting for the perp. It's the feeling of possibly getting caught that increases the adrenaline.

As the other profilers have said, BG was going to do this. He'd planned it, and he had prepared for it. He didn't expect two victims to fall into his trap, but that's what happened. It was a target-rich area. BG had all of this planned down to where he parked his car.

ok man look i never said there was a white truck there.ok ?
my orginial post i asked does anyone think that may look like a vehicle parked there i don't know where you came up with a white truck?
@ about 3:56 seconds into the video i was asking does anyone possibly see what might look like a vehicle sitting there no biggies...relax.
So not true. You did say white truck..which prompted me to say no color, make or model of vehicle was mentioned at the p c

Last edited:
Suspect arrested, tried, and convicted. You were gone awhile.

Nope, nothing new unfortunately. Hopefully something this week!
(Omg good one MassGuy. Mission accomplished my heart stopped. Paybacks a $&@“& my friend! Ping pong!!!

giphy.gif
)

He brought a weapon and apparently a kill pack. He planned to assault the girls and kill them. He knew the bridge and the woods area intimately. He marched those girls straight down the hill toward the lowest part of the creek where a sandbar could help them walk to the other side. That was where he had planned to kill them, in a more secluded spot. Broad daylight just makes the crime more exciting for the perp. It's the feeling of possibly getting caught that increases the adrenaline.

As the other profilers have said, BG was going to do this. He'd planned it, and he had prepared for it. He didn't expect two victims to fall into his trap, but that's what happened. It was a target-rich area. BG had all of this planned down to where he parked his car.

Okay... Maybe he intimately knew the area because he grew up exploring it, which is where he knew where he could take them to a secluded spot. Perhaps he had the weapons in his vehicle because he's a hunter. Maybe he decided to go on a walk on the trail because something bad happened to him earlier that day, week, or month. Perhaps he ran into the girls while heading back (NE) from the trail, and it sparked something in him that lead to him to committing an awful act of violence. Perhaps his car wasn't parked where this newfound vehicle of interest is parked. I don't think we can speak with so much certainty...

Okay... Maybe he intimately knew the area because he grew up exploring it, which is where he knew where he could take them to a secluded spot. Perhaps he had the weapons in his vehicle because he's a hunter. Maybe he decided to go on a walk on the trail because something bad happened to him earlier that day, week, or month. Perhaps he ran into the girls while heading back (NE) from the trail, and it sparked something in him that lead to him to committing an awful act of violence. Perhaps his car wasn't parked where this newfound vehicle of interest is parked. I don't think we can speak with so much certainty...

It is the sexual assault part of this killing that speaks to the planning of it. The perp had a sexual fantasy he wanted to act out and accomplish. That does not happen in response to something bad happening earlier in the week. It comes from a depraved mind that becomes obsessed with getting gratification through the fantasy. The perp knew the area well, was adept at getting around in the location, and knew the egress from there without getting caught.

This killing was not an accident. Nothing the girls did sparked anything. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The perp would have killed whoever came along when the conditions were right to fulfill his plan.

Thank you for sharing all this clear but comprehensive information about the parking lot and the main access area. You’ve answered several questions for me.

I believe I also noticed a couple threads ago @gitana1 posted that Kelsey said she dropped the girls off at that main access to Monon High Bridge.

I think that was someone else!!

It is the sexual assault part of this killing that speaks to the planning of it. The perp had a sexual fantasy he wanted to act out and accomplish. That does not happen in response to something bad happening earlier in the week. It comes from a depraved mind that becomes obsessed with getting gratification through the fantasy. The perp knew the area well, was adept at getting around in the location, and knew the egress from there without getting caught.

This killing was not an accident. Nothing the girls did sparked anything. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The perp would have killed whoever came along when the conditions were right with few visitors.

Can you please point me to a MSS that proves that sexual assault was involved?

I agree with all of this. I do think there is a possibility he knew them, though. He may not have targeted them or expected them to show up.

Thank you so much for posting this. Now I clearly understand why in the PC we were told to remember he is walking across rotted boards. The weight of what he was carrying impacted his gait. So during his daily activities there would not be anything noticeable regarding his gait.

This killing was not an accident. Nothing the girls did sparked anything. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. The perp would have killed whoever came along when the conditions were right to fulfill his plan.

Can you please point me to a MSS that proves that sexual assault was involved?

Help, moderators? I know it has been mentioned (and put on public maps) that some of the girls' clothing was found in the creek by searchers. Is it allowed to say what pieces of clothing?

In addition, the investigator at the recent presser became very emotional when talking to the perp about how he "left the girls in those woods" was not what they were experiencing now. To several profilers, the investigator was probably alluding to the bodies being posed, and when that happens, it is done to fulfill the perp's own sick sexual fantasy.

I would like to see the source regarding the “kill pack” and weapon that he brought with him. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname