Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
the thing about saying : "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have." is intriguing. How does LE know what the suspect thinks about their strategy? Has their new, known, suspect been interacting with them all along, throwing distracting info their way?

Maybe not, but the killer going from seeing a face that he knew was wrong which was being hunted for so long to waking up and seeing his own face on TV would probably be enough to justify that statement.

the thing about saying : "For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have." is intriguing. How does LE know what the suspect thinks about their strategy? Has their new, known, suspect been interacting with them all along, throwing distracting info their way?
Doubtful. I think it was in reference to the sketch not looking like him, and the comfort he must have found in that.

Also, they weren’t focused directly on the community, as they are now.

They’ve focused in on where he lives, and in effect, him.

Again, I think you’re giving this guy too much credit IMO. I really don’t see this guy walking a hiking trail with a kill kit. He could have left it “down the hill” if he had one. I don’t believe he had anything under that coat.

I am not able to see the new face etc in the videos BUT that jacket is stuffed with items.
Even I can make out the outline of a gun.
If you put on a jacket without items beneath, it would sit flat against your body, whether you are thin or fat.
A person's body does not bulge out in pockets throughout their torso.
This jacket does bulge out in several areas, indicating things are beneath it.
MOO.

<modsnipped quoted post>

I agree. I like you, @Cherokee, and hope you stay. And - I did not know a single detail. But let us put it so - mentioning it brings nothing but more grief to the victims’ families, the town already knows, as to the rest of us... more sadness. Whatever implications “staging” means, the LE have looked into it, no doubt.

I know you are angry with the perp. Me too. But I am afraid that even catching him will not bring happiness. Something - my intuition, I have no insider information - prompts me to think that it will be the case of Gary Ridgeway, someone not too smart, a nonentity. The fact that he is not yet caught does not imply anything about his smarts. However, arrest will bring closure, and he won’t be able to strike again.

Last edited by a moderator:
He brought a weapon and apparently a kill pack. He planned to assault the girls and kill them. He knew the bridge and the woods area intimately. He marched those girls straight down the hill toward the lowest part of the creek where a sandbar could help them walk to the other side. That was where he had planned to kill them, in a more secluded spot. Broad daylight just makes the crime more exciting for the perp. It's the feeling of possibly getting caught that increases the adrenaline.

As the other profilers have said, BG was going to do this. He'd planned it, and he had prepared for it. He didn't expect two victims to fall into his trap, but that's what happened. It was a target-rich area. BG had all of this planned down to where he parked his car.

I agree with what you stated, but I'm always surprised to read the opinion about two victims:
"He didn't expect two victims to fall into his trap, but that's what happened."
Most believe that BG was "hunting" for teen girls and was familiar with those trails and the bridge. I just can't imagine any teen girls I've known wanting to go hiking alone, especially in such a remote, wooded area, or their parents agreeing to their hiking alone in such an area. In fact, from the photos and videos I've seen, it looks to me like a place where teens would most likely go in a group. If BG was, in fact, familiar with that trail, he must have realized that it was rare for a teen girl to hike there alone. I tend to think he was prepared, or maybe even desiring, to assault and murder two teens. He may have selected Abby and Libby because he observed that they were just two young teens alone. MOO.

That’s what I’m beginning to wonder, if he’s relishing in the all attention, people everywhere trying to guess everything about him and does it elevate his self importance?

He’s still a coward, hiding.
Best Case Worst Case Delphi Murders Podcast

Why a press conference two years later with a new sketch?

In answer to why the new sketch was released now, Jim Clemente said "the arrest of that one guy who fit that description very well a couple of days ago, that may have been LE finally ruling him out as the killer and so now they have more confidence and it is the perfect time to release the other sketch of this other person that has now become the primary suspect in this case and from what the cops said, they probably have some other reasons to suspect him as well."

Jim said the guy that was arrested (the guy we’ve been referring to as Old Bridge Guy or Sketch #1) was sexually interested in children and has had multiple arrests for it.

^^We don’t yet have a mainstream media citation for what Jim Clemente said, but the FBI agents discussed it on the podcast like it is known information that the original BG sketch was of a sexual predator that was recently apprehended.

Bobby said releasing a sketch is a huge responsibility and that it would be irresponsible of LE to release a new sketch unless they have a high degree of confidence that this is the right suspect. Releasing a new sketch always leads to a whole host of people that look like the sketch getting harassed. Francey suggested LE might need to release the new sketch because they’ve run out of investigative avenues.

That seems very odd. The first sketch of a POI, OBG, turns out to be a different sexual predator who was also seen in the immediate vicinity at the same time?

Last edited:
I am not able to see the new face etc in the videos BUT that jacket is stuffed with items.
Even I can make out the outline of a gun.
If you put on a jacket without items beneath, it would sit flat against your body, whether you are thin or fat.
A person's body does not bulge out in pockets throughout their torso.
This jacket does bulge out in several areas, indicating things are beneath it.
MOO.
I still don’t see it but I see plenty of guys wearing those style jackets that give them the appearance of being rounded in the stomach area.

I stil see this as a crime of opportunity. He was inexperienced or possibly just out of prison because he left behind the biggest piece of evidence - the phone. It was sloppy and unorganised. Yes he was watching his footing while approaching the girls, but if had been watching them prior, he would have known that one of the girls was using a phone. Obviously not tech savvy.

Anyone these days know that teens are hooked into social media 24/7. He should have checked the phone for evidence.

I agree with what you stated, but I'm always surprised to read the opinion about two victims:
"He didn't expect two victims to fall into his trap, but that's what happened."
Most believe that BG was "hunting" for teen girls and was familiar with those trails and the bridge. I just can't imagine any teen girls I've known wanting to go hiking alone, especially in such a remote, wooded area, or their parents agreeing to their hiking alone in such an area. In fact, from the photos and videos I've seen, it looks to me like a place where teens would most likely go in a group. If BG was, in fact, familiar with that trail, he must have realized that it was rare for a teen girl to hike there alone. I tend to think he was prepared, or maybe even desiring, to assault and murder two teens. He may have selected Abby and Libby because he observed that they were just two young teens alone. MOO.
There’s another option though, that he was planning to attack any woman who met his criteria.

He could have just lucked out with two teenage girls.

I think it comes down to if he had a realistic expectation of finding a lone female there.

And I don’t know the answer to that.

I still don’t see it but I see plenty of guys wearing those style jackets that give them the appearance of being rounded in the stomach area.

I stil see this as a crime of opportunity. He was inexperienced or possibly just out of prison because he left behind the biggest piece of evidence - the phone. It was sloppy and unorganised. Yes he was watching his footing while approaching the girls, but if had been watching them prior, he would have known that one of the girls was using a phone. Obviously not tech savvy.

Anyone these days know that teens are hooked into social media 24/7. He should have checked the phone for evidence.
Yeah, I’ve owned a couple of jackets like that.

The damn things just stick out for no reason. That’s partially why I’m not confident that he’s got anything under there.

I think he had a knife, and quite possibly a gun as well.

I’m not confident about rope, or anything else that would constitute a “kill kit.”

Again, I think you’re giving this guy too much credit IMO. I really don’t see this guy walking a hiking trail with a kill kit. He could have left it “down the hill” if he had one. I don’t believe he had anything under that coat.

These girls didn’t just “end up dead”. They’re dead and he “killed” them. He had gun clear as day under his coat. How do you surmise they ended up dead? Of course he had a weapon. Moo.

Yeah, I’ve owned a couple of jackets like that.

The damn things just stick out for no reason. That’s why I’m not confident that he’s got anything under there.

I think he had a knife, and quite possibly a gun as well.

I’m not confident about rope, or anything else that would constitute a “kill kit.”
He could have simply implied that he had something under his coat. We just don’t know. The girls obviously thought he was creepy to begin filming in the first place so their natural instincts were already telling them that a lone male approaching two girls wasn’t right.

These girls didn’t just “end up dead”. They’re dead and he “killed” them. He had gun clear as day under his coat. How do you surmise they ended up dead? Of course he had a weapon. Moo.
Maybe he has a knife, maybe he had a gun, maybe we will never know. I don’t believe it was planned. I still believe it was a crime of opportunity.

He could have simply implied that he had something under his coat. We just don’t know. The girls obviously thought he was creepy to begin filming in the first place so their natural instincts were already telling them that a lone male approaching two girls wasn’t right.
I think he would have had to show them something.

The old finger in the pocket thing, probably wouldn’t have done it.

Maybe he has a knife, maybe he had a gun, maybe we will never know. I don’t believe it was planned. I still believe it was a crime of opportunity.

Yes he likely had a knife. And a gun. I consider that “kill kit” material. He killed them with it didn’t he?

He just happened to kill two girls. You don’t happen to just kill two little girls.

They were certainly in the wrong place at the wrong time. But let’s be clear. He didnt just trip and happened to kill these girls.

I think he would have had to show them something.

The old finger in the pocket thing, probably wouldn’t have done it.

I was just going to post the same thing. If I was a teen girl, and some weirdo had his hand making it look like a gun in his hoodie pocket, and it was pointed at mew or my friend, I think I might have screamed and tried too run.

But if I saw a gun at her head, or a knife act her throat, I'd probably comply and do what I was told. Just guessing, of course.

I think the beauty of that statement lies in the fact that he left the meaning ambiguous.

What exactly did Carter mean by "investigative strategy?" He isn't telling.
BG can only ask himself the question and speculate as to the answer.

Throughout the time Sketch #1 was circulating, BG had no doubt been moving around openly and confidently, because he doesn't look like that guy.
He thought LE was fumbling around in the dark.

With the unveiling of Sketch #2 at the PC, BG was left staring directly at an image of himself and realizing that his cover is blown.
Now it's BG who's in the dark, wondering how in the heck LE managed to come up with this sketch that remarkably resembles the face staring back at him in the mirror.

BG doesn't know what the new investigative strategy is, or what gears LE has shifted, but here's what he does now know:

LE's new investigative strategy is paying dividends, and the gears they've shifted have brought them much, much closer to identifying him.

Sketch #2 is BG.
He knows it, and LE knows it.
It's only a matter of time now until he's fingered.
He knows it, and LE knows it.

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes he likely had a knife. And a gun. I consider that “kill kit” material. He killed them with it didn’t he?
I don’t consider that a kill kit. A kill kit to me is something pre-planned and contains many items that are used to intentially subdue and murder a person. While I’ve read the rumours on how they are killed and yes, they could be true, but I also look at how some other killers with no weapons have managed to be resourceful and murder their victims by using things that they can find at the time... rocks, shoe laces, tree stumps, water etc.

I was just going to post the same thing. If I was a teen girl, and some weirdo had his hand making it look like a gun in his hoodie pocket, and it was pointed at mew or my friend, I think I might have screamed and tried too run.

But if I saw a gun at her head, or a knife act her throat, I'd probably comply and do what I was told. Just guessing, of course.
Haha I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant that he could have implied that he was going to do something “I’ll beat you”, or whatever. Not the old finger pointy “this is a stick up”. Maybe he did have a knife! I just don’t think he has a kill kit under that coat. I don’t see this guy as being very smart.

Everybody has a different opinion, different “instincts”...who is BG?

My deep down heart opinion JMO MOO IMO is that BG is NOT YOUNG. Many of my fellow comrades here (and obviously LE at this moment based on “18 to 40”) disagree. :)

In all my years here I have always felt “connected” to LE in every case. I feel a disconnect here that something is not right with this case, whatever that means.

Funny, I feel the same to a certain extent and also can't put my finger on it. Over the years I felt a bit like that probably because they had pictures, they had the voice, but nothing happened. And since the PC, especially now after it all sank in, the new sketch, the car, it's like we all fell through a wormhole into an alternate universe.

So maybe that's the reason why it feels so strange now, because they really changed direction and that's just confusing. But I have the feeling it's something else. And maybe it's just because we only know a few of the puzzle pieces and LE has a lot more and that's why it doesn't make a lot of sense to me (or us).

The PC was weird and it was directed at the monster who did this, again, it needed a bit of time for me to sink in - where I'm also now starting to wonder if he somehow contacted LE and the PC was the reply. I thought this from the beginning but now after a week it seems more and more like a possibility. And "contacting" could mean anything really, like others have said, taunting police. Like April Tinsley's killer, just in a more "quiet" way where it never ended up in the media.

Or yes, they might know who it is and that's why they were talking to him but to "outsiders" (everybody who isn't the perp) it just seems confusing.

And I do believe he is a younger man, before of course because of the old sketch, I didn't think he is under 40 or 45, but with the new sketch and if this is actually BG now, then he has to be younger. I think it's just hard for me to switch from one sketch to the other like for many people here.

I think when they finally catch this guy, there will be quite a lot of surprises.

Haha I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant that he could have implied that he was going to do something “I’ll beat you”, or whatever. Not the old finger pointy “this is a stick up”. Maybe he did have a knife! I just don’t think he has a kill kit under that coat. I don’t see this guy as being very smart.

I don't think there average guy can just suddenly decide to kill 2 healthy teens girls, in broad daylight, with their bare hands. I think he would have needed some kind of tools, to be able to pull it off so quietly and quickly.

He needed some kind of a weapon in my opinion. And some kind of a mental plan, for how he was going to subdue two strong, healthy teens. Did he tie one up or gag her, while he killed the first child? I'd think he needed rope or zip ties or something, to keep one from running off ago that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname