Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder too if he had stalked around on those trails on other days and the right opportunity did not present itself until Feb 13th.
This is exactly what I think he did. Like any hunter, go to a spot and wait for the right opportunity. Hunters will often focus on one deer who seems to evade him all season. Other deer can come and go, but he knows who he wants and waits for the right timing.

When the "at least 2 weeks" are up does anyone think Carter will extend the time media is supposed to leave the families alone?
No, I don't. I don't think we will hear a peep when the 2 weeks are up. Carter's comment:

"I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning."
I first understood Carter to mean that something big was going to happen within 2 weeks. After thinking it through, I now think I took Carter that way out of my desperate hope (and of course I still hope). However, I think Carter was just telling everyone they are just now starting off in the new direction with the new/old sketch, and everyone should back off from bugging the families while they digest the change in course. I honestly don't think the two week mark will have any literal significance.

I personally feel we are making too much of the religious angle. I don’t think The Shack reference was scripted. I think Carter is just a very spiritual man.
Well said. I also think the religious references stem from the officer's personal beliefs.

If so, I wish he had left them out. I am by no means hostile to religion, but anything the officer said was going to poured over. A such, things distractions could well occur.

Good Morning Sleuthers--

I'm pretty sure I've read through all 95 threads (!), maybe I can't remember, but can anyone help me?

Has there ever been any discussion of surveillance/security cameras anywhere along the ingress and egress of the area where the car at the old CPS location was noted by LE at the 4/22 PC?

Gas station cameras, or highway traffic cams?

TIA

That pic was from west Lafayette not Delphi.

Correct and it was of just a random guy on a bench

I think it’s already been proven that first sketch BG and video BG appear to look like joe Everyman. DN, CE,TB....and the list goes on. People have been positive this case was solved many times.

I think the only people that can ID BG are ones that know him or at least know of him.

This case will be solved and it won’t be solved by random photos and comparisons made by random people.

Jmo

Yes, like perhaps stolen or borrowed for the afternoon or simply registered to more than one owner (husband/wife; father/son etc...) or registered as a company vehicle.

I think it is very relevant that when Carter 'got down to business' with the presser (after thanking the community for their support) the first thing he said was: 'we are seeking the identity of the driver of a vehicle parked at the old CPS building...'. This is the key piece of evidence they need, IMO, to nail their suspect. LE knows the make/model and maybe even the plate # of the vehicle that was there, they just don't know or can't prove who was driving it without a witness.
BINGO!!! You got it!
This is a major missing link in this case. Placing a suspected
person at or near the scene of crime. Critical fact, imo.

Well said. I also think the religious references stem from the officer's personal beliefs.

If so, I wish he had left them out. I am by no means hostile to religion, but anything the officer said was going to poured over. A such, things distractions could well occur.

I dont think though this group is your average person. We tear up every sentence and obsess over every single word. :)

BINGO!!! You got it!

Agreed I think they know exactly who the vehicle was registered to.

Maybe that person/persons has an alibi that LE are unable to disprove so far.

They just need someone to come forward and say they saw the car and who was in it during that time period.

ALL of the following is MOO!!!

I can’t lie, I’m pretty surprised they don’t have someone in custody yet. That was the most intense and pointed presser I’ve ever seen and I too thought they were just one clue away from the arrest. If you would have told me last weekend that I would have felt this way... not a chance I’d believe you lol. All I can say is I’m so so glad for the recent developments, no matter how confused we all are, now there’s so much attention and fire under this case again. Let’s just hope the perp was in fact right there at the presser and it’s only a matter of dotting Is and crossing Ts!

I do NOT think that LE has the unattended car.
I also think that the perp either
A) thought they were too young to have phones and had no idea he was being filmed
B) smashed the phone, not realizing he broke the screen and not the contents
C) took the phone and both the audio and images were from different parts of the same filming session and it was indeed uploaded to her icloud to be found by LE later.

I believe BG and newly released sketch are the same person and that they needed to tweak the face. The only reason it “doesn’t add up” to some of us is that the newly released witness sketch was drawn on the “young side” and the video footage was poor quality as well as some level of good disguising.

I’m nervous that the perp WAS living in plain sight but moved away months ago...hopefully no matter where he is now, someone remembers that face and possibly strange behavior or specific mannerisms!

I’ve also been wondering... what with all of his planning (partial disguise, coat full of “supplies” and possible plan of location away from the trail to carry out his terror) I would think that maybe he would also plan to do this a town or two away from his home... close enough to be familiar/scope it out regularly but not so close where a witness could point him out by name or occupation.
Just my thoughts building up!

They just need someone to come forward and say they saw the car and who was in it during that time period.

I go back and forth with this one. Knowing the "12-5" reference was an estimate, it still makes me think the car was gone by the time LE arrived. I dunno.

I've felt all along that the girls' bodies were left posed in an odd
way and with all the religious references in the pc, that maybe
they were posed with hands "praying" and that's why all the
religious references. Think about it. moo

Just throwing this out there.

Could a flat bottom John boat have been used to get to and away from the area?

BG could have came from upstream, walked up the hill to the head of the trail.

Came across the bridge follow the girls.
Directed them "down the hill", across the creek. Commited the crimes near where his john boat was pulled up on the bank.

Got in and down stream he goes?
Possible?

Or they hope for someone to come forward with enough information about somebody who resembles their suspect to be able to connect it with the driver of the vehicle. Even if LE doesn’t know every last detail about the parked vehicle, surely they know a basic description including type and colour.

BBM

Police request that tips include the following information:
  • Suspect's name
  • Date of birth or approximate age
  • Physical description including height, weight, hair color, eye color
  • Address or location including city
  • Vehicle information including year, make, model, color
  • Specific reason for the tip. Why could they be the suspect?
  • Motivation for the crime
  • Connection to Delphi, IN
Police say you don't need to have all of those pieces to send a tip, but do ask you include as many details as you can.
State police receive a thousand tips since new Delphi evidence release

BINGO!!! You got it!

Yes, I think this is exactly this. If multiple family members frequently shared a vehicle, they'd know who was using it on a particular day. And who would cover for a killer? A parent or a spouse. There is one, possibly two people who need to come forward and turn the killer in, and they know who they are.

Last edited:
I go back and forth with this one. Knowing the "12-5" reference was an estimate, it still makes me think the car was gone by the time LE arrived. I dunno.

Yeah as LE has reason to believe the vehicle was parked from noon to 5pm and the girls were reported missing by the family shortly after, it would’ve already been gone.

I believe they likely have a witness statement stating color and type of vehicle. But Id bet they probably don’t know make/model. And they certainly don’t have licensed plate number.

Also if the vehicle was stolen, and LE kNew about it. We would have been told more details about it and much much sooner.

The only thing I can figure is if some new details came to light about whose vehicle it likely was.

But honestly I just don’t think they can give an exact description, bc they only have a vague witness statement of a vehicle being there. Or varying witness statements that don’t match as far as make model and or color

All jmo

Last edited:
may i ask where i can read the scanner posts? thanks!
There were links posted a few days ago. Pages 9 and 10. It’s the ‘basement’ so we cannot discuss in thread but EVERYONE should read through them looking for names and then do some 2 degrees of separation sleuthing with regard to the NSG and the presser.

Just throwing this out there.

Could a flat bottom John boat have been used to get to and away from the area?

BG could have came from upstream, walked up the hill to the head of the trail.

Came across the bridge follow the girls.
Directed them "down the hill", across the creek. Commited the crimes near where his john boat was pulled up on the bank.

Got in and down stream he goes?
Possible?

1 it’s a creek, while three or so feet deep in some areas it is a mere inches in various spots. Lots of sandbars

2 It was also February and 40 degrees, I think it’s likely people would have noticed a boat. Would have stood out like a sore thumb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member