Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #95

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good friend of mine took a walk with me around a pond, that had a trail. She replied that she would walk this all the time if she lived here... We pass so many lone men that I was uncomfortable. Some do hike alone. I think he could of waited, but, I am probably the few who thinks he knew they would be there.

While LE is talking about how the killer wants to know what they know, could it be a person who has slide into the family further than before.

A good friend of mine took a walk with me around a pond, that had a trail. She replied that she would walk this all the time if she lived here... We pass so many lone men that I was uncomfortable. Some do hike alone. I think he could of waited, but, I am probably the few who thinks he knew they would be there.

While LE is talking about how the killer wants to know what they know, could it be a person who has slide into the family further than before.

If he was patient enough to wait, I doubt he would have been so impatient as take the risk that was requiring the control of two victims. If he was comfortable with his ability to control two victims, I cant imagine this was his first experience.

I think it's more likely he knew they were going to be there.

Last edited:

That makes a lot of sense, Keeponsearching.

It seems to me that "Target-rich", also translates to "Predator-rich", unfortunately, for us ladies who just want to enjoy nature.

Sigh.

*First post and have never felt confident enough to post on here before so please be kind*

...and at 1:36 onwards is a friend of the girls who mentions talking to them and them mentioning a strange guy they said hi to on the trail... I know that she says that they said he was dressed in black but wondering if this has ever been discussed and if they ever found that particular guy.

She says "that's what they said, but it could have just been a rumour".

I don't understand.

I am another poster from England who thinks he does not sound Btitish.

I would think very few young girls would hike alone.
They would need a lift there and I can not see any one dropping them off and leaving them to wander alone.
Was his fantasy to kill more than one person and it could have been any one e.g a mum and her children (as in the Russell case in the U.K)or a girl and her boyfriend?
I am in two minds about whether he had known they would be there.I would have thought this would have been checked out.

Haha I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant that he could have implied that he was going to do something “I’ll beat you”, or whatever. Not the old finger pointy “this is a stick up”. Maybe he did have a knife! I just don’t think he has a kill kit under that coat. I don’t see this guy as being very smart.
Well, he is at least smart enough to carry out a murder in day light and not get caught for this long.
I do think he came fully prepared, with perhaps both a knife and a gun.
I've always thought that belt-bag at his side looks like it could be a leather gun holster belt and he is holding on to the handle of the gun, pushing it slightly upwards, so instead of pointing downward it appears sideways along his waist, like he is getting ready to pull it out.
I think it looks like he has several layers on, but he could be wearing some kind of hunting gear with straps that wrap around his body where he could easily hide a knife or other weapon. If he is wearing boots, he could have a knife tucked in a boot or heavy sock. Jmo

*First post and have never felt confident enough to post on here before so please be kind*

Just a couple of random things going through my head I wanted to discuss...

1. Came across this old news clip from WTHR:

...and at 1:36 onwards is a friend of the girls who mentions talking to them and them mentioning a strange guy they said hi to on the trail... I know that she says that they said he was dressed in black but wondering if this has ever been discussed and if they ever found that particular guy.
Was it a case of them seeing him on his return to his car and then him getting changed before turning to follow the girls in the new outfit - hence the capture on video by Libby?

2. With the religion angle: I know of at least one person who was raised in a religious family and (being an atheist and angry at religion/God) would become angry if it was brought up or mentioned in any way and would feel the need to argue and defend their position and how God/religion etc has nothing at all to do with so and so... Wondering if maybe that is the case with his person and the law enforcement are trying to bring it out in that person?

All JMO

Welcome!

I hadn't seen that interview before. So this girl had OTHER friends there that day that saw a man in black who was weird, but didn't say whether or not they saw Libby and Abby. Interesting. Wonder what Younger Sketch Guy was wearing.

Your #2 point is interesting, too. I know "that person" as well, and he'd definitely get super angry if his name (known or not) would be in the same paragraph as talk about God and religion. Would it make him confess? Probably not, but maybe snap enough to make a family member suspicious.

If he was patient enough to wait, I doubt he would have be so impatient as take the risk that was requiring the control of two victims. If he was comfortable with his ability to control two victims, I cant imagine this was his first experience.

I think it's more likely he knew they were going to be there.

I am afraid I tend to agree. This is, by all accounts not a tourist spot at all.

Ok, but at what point does he decide he is going to attack and kill these 2 girls?

Was he walking by them, on the bridge, and then a sudden, intense urge overtakes him, and all the immediate reactions were spontaneous? He lunges, realises he has his fishing knife, and decides to take them down?

Or did he go into the park that Afternoon, thinking he might seize an opportunity to grab someone, if the right circumstances appeared?
I wonder too if he had stalked around on those trails on other days and the right opportunity did not present itself until Feb 13th.

Haha. As a South Cumbrian (former Lancashire) lass I’m not offended. I have Keighly blood :)

Not a chance on earth that accent is northern England.
Y'all are cracking me up with this. My partner is a Brit from Lancashire and we split our time between the States and North Yorkshire. My head with those northern accents - oi! I spent some growing up years in Indiana before moving to the south. Yes I'd put my money on him being a midwesterner for sure. I doubt he's set foot in England.

Y'all are cracking me up with this. My partner is a Brit from Lancashire and we split our time between the States and North Yorkshire. My head with those northern accents - oi! I spent some growing up years in Indiana before moving to the south. Yes I'd put my money on him being a midwesterner for sure. I doubt he's set foot in England.

Good choice in partner crime dawg- the northern English are definitely a different (and sometimes not understandable !) breed :)

If they were found across the river, meaning they had to walk through water to get there. That would put the perpetrator in a position of having wet shoes and clothes. I don't recall anything being mentioned about this. Would also help eye witness testimony if this was a distinguishing feature of anyone seen.

Might also determine what way he left the scene....

Thoughts?

I am afraid I tend to agree. This is, by all accounts not a tourist spot at all.
I hear ya, but some tourists do seek out local walking trails. I know this first hand because my husband is one of them! We take cross-country road trips and very often are on trails like this one. We have been in Delphi, a couple years before the murder. We didn't explore too much (except in the town itself) as I recall there was a lot of highway construction at the time and we wanted to move on.

So, yes, the bridge is not a regular "tourist attraction," but also not unheard of for out-0f-towners to explore, imo. In fact, for a long time, I thought BG was someone just like that - perhaps someone who visited the trail in the past, but not a local.

Now, I do indeed think BG is young'ish and local (which is what I thought at the start of the case but changed my mind...now I've changed it again).

jmo

Thank you to [B][COLOR=#8000ff]@gregjrichards[/COLOR][/B] for the heads-up that HLN will air live panel of experts on the Delphi Murders at 2pm today !

HLN‏Verified account @HLNTV 2h2 hours ago
Today (Monday, April 29) at 2pET/11aPT HLN presents a special hour of #TrueCrimeLive focused entirely on the #DelphiMurders. Join our panel of experts who will answer some your biggest questions about the case. If you have any information: http://AbbyandLibby.org/contact

D5UM3YTW0AAX2Ol.jpg

Last edited:
I hear ya, but some tourists do seek out local walking trails. I know this first hand because my husband is one of them! We take cross-country road trips and very often are on trails like this one. We have been in Delphi, a couple years before the murder. We didn't explore too much (except in the town itself) as I recall there was a lot of highway construction at the time and we wanted to move on.

So, yes, the bridge is not a regular "tourist attraction," but also not unheard of for out-0f-towners to explore, imo. In fact, for a long time, I thought BG was someone just like that - perhaps someone who visited the trail in the past, but not a local.

Now, I do indeed think BG is young'ish and local (which is what I thought at the start of the case but changed my mind...now I've changed it again).

jmo

Agree.
I would think that many of us who travel are always seeking out things to do which are our hobbies.
I travel from SC to northern Indiana and Ohio pretty frequent. I'm an "off-roader and always stopping in towns during my trip to ask if there are any local off roading spots. I could see many hikers and other hobbyist like kayakers, fisherman, bird watchers and other outdoor people doing the same.

Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member