Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #96

Status
Not open for further replies.
( Re: the FBI profilers named above in the synopsis by @Choochoobella , I’m trying to remember where I’ve heard Jim Clemente’s name before.

A cursory search so far has revealed this:

WS:
The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 3

WS:
John and Burke on 911 Call. Lin Wood, John Ramsey, LIED!!!!!

ETA: CrimeCon!
Jim Clemente (@JimClemente) on Twitter

CrimeCon 2017 - Indianapolis

Jim Clemente's schedule for CrimeCon 2018

“Jim Clemente
XG
Jim Clemente is a retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent/Profiler and former New York City Prosecutor. During his 22-year career with the FBI, he has investigated cases from Bank Robberies to Serial Killers. He is now a Writer/Co-Producer for Criminal Minds, as well as a Technical Advisor on Quantico, Blind Spot, Secrets & Lies, and Sleepy Hollow.
He executive produces and is an on-air talent for several Documentary Television Series productions including: The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey on CBS, Killer Profile on LMN, Missing Dial, on NatGeo, and Finding Benjamin.
Clemente authored his first novel, Without Consent, based on his true story about tracking down and locking up the Coach/Camp Director who victimized him as a teen. Jim is also the host of the successful podcasts: Real Crime Profile, Locked Up Abroad, nd Best Case/Worst Case.)

It seems he appears in this article which also mentions Websleuths!

“In an eye-opening account for the New York Post, writer Maureen Callahan described how Jim Clemente, a former FBI agent and a writer for Criminal Minds told attendees that the FBI needed the help of amateur sleuths like themselves.
One of the most poplar websites for such amateur detectives is Websleuths.com. It focusses on unsolved cases, trials and missing persons. Separate forums exist on the website for many high profile unsolved homicides, like the Long Island serial killings of sex workers whose bodies were found at Gilgo Beach in Suffolk County. It is said that members of law enforcement agencies often read the discussions on the site which has more than 135,000 registered members.“

Amateur Online Sleuths: How They Work & Do They Help Solve Crimes? - JOANNA ELM, Author, Journalist, Attorney

Last edited:
Bringing this post over from the last thread, thank you Choochoobella:

(It seems this podcast discussion has been approved as I alerted on all posts re: podcasts.)

Choochoobella

“Best Case Worst Case Delphi

Snipped for focus:

Post #8 of this thread—

*Before discussing podcasts, etc please check with a moderator, an admin or Tricia to see if it is approved to be posted here. (note: the the Podcast Best case Worst Case - a discussion between three former FBI agents is fine to discuss)

Two Websleuths Solved Case

Members of the amateur investigation site Websleuths cracked the 2009 murder of Florida lottery winner Abraham Shakespeare wide open.

Winning the lottery can sometimes put a target on your back.
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
Urban legend has it that winning the lottery — any lottery — comes with a curse. When you come into some unexpected money and the people around you get greedy, a curse might be the least of your problems.

After a Florida man named Abraham Shakespeare was mysteriously murdered following a $17 million lottery win, members of Websleuths began investigating. Local police had suspected Shakespeare's financial adviser, Dorice "Dee Dee" Moore. But they didn't have enough evidence.

When Websleuths users began posting about the case, Moore felt compelled to defend her reputation on the site. She logged in anonymously to defend herself — not knowing about IP logging. Websleuths site co-owner Tricia Griffith turned that IP data over to the police — and Moore was eventually convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

When a human head turned up in a bucket full of hardened concrete, it took web sleuth Ellen Leach to put the puzzle pieces in place and help bring a murderer to justice.

Someone put a human head in a bucket of cement.
Shutterstock
In 2001, a retired trucker named Ronald Telfer had noticed a seemingly abandoned plastic bucket at a Missouri truck stop. At the time, he didn't investigate further.

When Telfer came back a month later and the bucket was still there, he decided to check it out. He just wanted the bucket to feed his pigs back home — so he dumped out what he thought were animal remains trapped in a block of hardened concrete. It wasn't until months afterward that he came back and found what it really was: a human head.

The rest of the story is intricate, bizarre, and profoundly sad. Doug DeBruin violently murdered and dismembered his best friend Gregory May for his collection of valuable Civil War memorabilia — and might have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the steadfast efforts of web sleuth Ellen Leach, who identified the skull by seeing May's photo on a missing person's site, according to The Washington Times.

Thanks to her, DeBruin was eventually convicted and sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

( Re: the FBI profilers named above in the synopsis by @Choochoobella , I’m trying to remember where I’ve heard Jim Clemente’s name before.

A cursory search so far has revealed this:

The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18 # 3

John and Burke on 911 Call. Lin Wood, John Ramsey, LIED!!!!!

ETA: CrimeCon!
Jim Clemente (@JimClemente) on Twitter

CrimeCon 2017 - Indianapolis

Jim Clemente's schedule for CrimeCon 2018

“Jim Clemente
XG
Jim Clemente is a retired FBI Supervisory Special Agent/Profiler and former New York City Prosecutor. During his 22-year career with the FBI, he has investigated cases from Bank Robberies to Serial Killers. He is now a Writer/Co-Producer for Criminal Minds, as well as a Technical Advisor on Quantico, Blind Spot, Secrets & Lies, and Sleepy Hollow.
He executive produces and is an on-air talent for several Documentary Television Series productions including: The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey on CBS, Killer Profile on LMN, Missing Dial, on NatGeo, and Finding Benjamin.
Clemente authored his first novel, Without Consent, based on his true story about tracking down and locking up the Coach/Camp Director who victimized him as a teen. Jim is also the host of the successful podcasts: Real Crime Profile, Locked Up Abroad, nd Best Case/Worst Case.)

It seems he appears in this article which also mentions Websleuths!

“In an eye-opening account for the New York Post, writer Maureen Callahan described how Jim Clemente, a former FBI agent and a writer for Criminal Minds told attendees that the FBI needed the help of amateur sleuths like themselves.
One of the most poplar websites for such amateur detectives is Websleuths.com. It focusses on unsolved cases, trials and missing persons. Separate forums exist on the website for many high profile unsolved homicides, like the Long Island serial killings of sex workers whose bodies were found at Gilgo Beach in Suffolk County. It is said that members of law enforcement agencies often read the discussions on the site which has more than 135,000 registered members.“

Amateur Online Sleuths: How They Work & Do They Help Solve Crimes? - JOANNA ELM, Author, Journalist, Attorney
Ha! I knew it! They've probably been reading page 10 on our scanner thread too :cool:

I don't know. The scratchy part has always been there from what I recall.

But what I don't believe is that there is some secret, cryptic sound or voices to decipher in that scratchiness that LE wants us to decipher. It's not a game of Clue or whatever. You know what I mean?

It reminds me of playing Beatles albums backwards to hear if Paul is dead.

Yet LE has said over and over again that this impedes their investigation.
How can every theory on the internet be right? There are so many, yet they don't have the evidence LE has.
Better to let them do their job.
If the people on the internet are so good at solving crimes, then maybe they should become FBI agents or work in some kind of capacity to help catch criminals that is legitimate. Imo

Yes, people on the internet can help, but if you look on social media you'll see people have thrown out names and ran INNOCENT people's names through the mud. Same thing happened with the Missy Bevers case. While there are some very wise people (and use common sense) there are also some who just want to throw out info. and hope it sticks. JMO

ETA: With legitimate tips, especially if they're local.

Last edited:
A young perp killing about power makes me think we have a beginning serial on our hands. iirc a policeman said he needs to be caught before he does it again.

Does anyone else think this is the beginning of a serial killer?
Here is an article on serials and power I found interesting
Serial Homicide for Power and Control

Yes.

If indeed this is the first time he's killed. I kind of think it wasn't his first rodeo.

There was a missing or badly rotted board he was avoiding.

This was my first thought, but then he appears to step with his left foot on the board I thought he was avoiding. You can also possibly see his right foot is turning left.

Maybe I need more coffee and this doesn’t matter to begin with. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haor.org