Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't go with the idea that she had a non-functioning brain. She knew enough to ice his wounds. She knew enough to delete things from her phone. She participated in the cover up to the point of telling the younger one to not speak of AJ. Is she deranged? Yes. Is she a monster? Yes. Incompetent? Not in my opinion. She makes too many decisions to do wrong, drive a car, create a cover up.

You may be right about what set her off. But, she is far from incompetent and, by giving her that leeway, she has an excuse. IMO, there is no excuse.

Sorry, I don’t mean to imply her brain did not function ever. She made irrational decisions, obviously, imo she functions normally as she can when she had a fix, after a brief rush, she apparently goes maniacal until her next fix.
If she had no more drugs, she was a weapon of mass destruction, imo.
The timeline is interesting, usually(not always) the middle of the month things got tumultuous, making me think Sr maybe got paid at eom or first & she had unlimited drugs for a couple weeks, by the middle of the month her supply was low, her cravings strong & that was a very dangerous time. Jmo

Of course AJ probably was never potty trained properly because she was busy trying to find a vein orva bag.
It won’t surprise me if his internal organs were severely damaged from his beatings.
Omg, the house......, I have no words. Who lives like that?

I agree. Kids being abused for bed-wetting is one of my biggest gripes. As if a kid really wants to do something like that. Sometimes it's hereditary and sometimes it's due to trauma that's going on, and to put the kid to bed cold and wet and naked? They both should get the same thing. Cold showers and sleep on a mattress naked.

The pics of the home were actually from 6 years ago. I can't imagine how horrible it looks now.

AF Sr.'s original, strange statement to the media, "AJ, we're not mad at you, please come home" is even more chilling in hindsight now with the confirmation that the bedwetting was what set off the deranged punishment from these two.

It is possible he may have been potty trained before he was returned to their care. He also may have had bowel and bladder issues as a result of the opiates. But, I also think the bowel and/or bladder issues we're a result of the stressful environment he was living in.

I agree competence is different than insanity.

Insanity is a mental illness

Competency is about understanding and participation in her defense. Reasoning ability, sorta.
I maybe insane but I am able to drive a car and follow the rules of the road, would kinda be an example.

She hired an attorney prior to being arrested. She was competent in making THAT decision. I've seen no evidence whatsoever that indicates JC is mentally ill or incompetent to assist in her defense.

JMO

There are so so many, way too many, violent cases triggered by potty accidents/bedwetting.

I don't understand why people get so violently upset about a child having an accidental soiled pants incident. Why does it cause such aggressive and deadly assaults ?

We have seen it here for years. I don't understand. Is it because the guardians now have to change the sheets or wash the soiled clothes? Should that trigger a violent death of the child? Because it seems that it does that, way too often. :(

Now, when mom was passed out after her heroin rush, look at all the things two little guys could get into. That was likely part of her problem. Each time she came down, she’d nod off, leaving them unattended, if they weren’t locked in their rooms. After a short nap, she’d wake with intense cravings & go ballistic, imo.
Of course AJ probably was never potty trained properly because she was busy trying to find a vein orva bag.
It won’t surprise me if his internal organs were severely damaged from his beatings.
Omg, the house......, I have no words. Who lives like that?

If you listen to the news video, it was reported those photos were taken before AJ was born.

There are so so many, way too many, violent cases triggered by potty accidents/bedwetting.

I don't understand why people get so violently upset about a child having an accidental soiled pants incident. Why does it cause such aggressive and deadly assaults ?

We have seen it here for years. I don't understand. Is it because the guardians now have to change the sheets or wash the soiled clothes? Should that trigger a violent death of the child? Because it seems that it does that, way too often. :(
Neglectful parents may get upset because of the work involved in cleaning the child and clothes and/or bedding. Maybe it's a control issue on the parents part; a reminder they can't control every thing?

I just can't go with the idea that she had a non-functioning brain. She knew enough to ice his wounds. She knew enough to delete things from her phone. She participated in the cover up to the point of telling the younger one to not speak of AJ. Is she deranged? Yes. Is she a monster? Yes. Incompetent? Not in my opinion. She makes too many decisions to do wrong, drive a car, create a cover up.

You may be right about what set her off. But, she is far from incompetent and, by giving her that leeway, she has an excuse. IMO, there is no excuse.

ITA. Rest assured no Judge is going to buy the incompetent excuse. She made her own bed and it will be in a cell for the rest of her life. I hope her roommate is the DCFS investigator who handled her case but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

JMO

She hired an attorney prior to being arrested. She was competent in making THAT decision. I've seen no evidence whatsoever that indicates JC is mentally ill or incompetent to assist in her defense.

JMO

She’s diagnosed bi-polar.

Right. A new can of worms.....

Finally, Something we agree on. ;)

I wonder how many ways this wrench can play out! That poor baby.

Little P had to have heard and seen the abuse. Horrifying to think of him hiding while it happens then seeing the wounds after and trying to console his big brother. I wonder why they appear to have only targeted AJ.

AF Sr.'s original, strange statement to the media, "AJ, we're not mad at you, please come home" is even more chilling in hindsight now with the confirmation that the bedwetting was what set off the deranged punishment from these two.

As much as I hate both, I’m glad Sr did “talk”.
Never will I understand how he or anyone in such a position sits idly by while their child is beaten to death, locked in a room, forced to live in filth and whatever else happened. How on earth did Sr not kill JC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname