OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had DNA testing ordered because she asked for support, wouldnt it be on record, whether a judge or an agency ordered it?

Do we know if she filed in court and asked for support? It would be on record.

I have some knowledge of how this works in Ohio. When the baby is born and the father's name is placed on the birth certificate then that father has to sign a paternity type of form at the hospital. I do not believe that they do a DNA test tho. The mother has full legal custody even tho that name is on the BC. However, the mother can file for child support and the state has not requested a DNA test but neither has the mother or the father either.

Also, there have been men that have thought they were the father of a child that have had to pay support for years after they found out the child was not their biological child. I wish that we had an Ohio family law expert here.

If he had DNA testing ordered because she asked for support, wouldnt it be on record, whether a judge or an agency ordered it?

The State has his DNA from when he tried to claim that little KR might be his. The State has to have her DNA too. Hopefully, he isn't her biological father and she can move on with her life and not spend weekends visiting him in prison.

She has been robbed of a forever home for far too long. They should throw the book at RN for the forgery and what it has cost that little girl. He needs to sign over his rights to her and let someone take her in and love her. He won't do that because he is selfish and only cares about himself.

Also, there have been men that have thought they were the father of a child that have had to pay support for years after they found out the child was not their biological child. I wish that we had an Ohio family law expert here.

RSBM And there are, no doubt, intact families where one of the children isn't the biological child of the father. That's why no one insists on DNA testing as a routine birth procedure, unless there's a paternity dispute. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, especially when you're talking about the care and support of children.

The custody decision was made days after the massacre by the judge, not at AW's arrest.

I was talking about what jurisdiction the children lived in when the arrests happened. It was Scioto County. According to family they were safe in the care of Scioto County, CPS.

The State has his DNA from when he tried to claim that little KR might be his. The State has to have her DNA too. Hopefully, he isn't her biological father and she can move on with her life and not spend weekends visiting him in prison.

She has been robbed of a forever home for far too long. They should throw the book at RN for the forgery and what it has cost that little girl. He needs to sign over his rights to her and let someone take her in and love her. He won't do that because he is selfish and only cares about himself.
Yes but I was saying wouldn't they have done a paternity test/DNA when HR was still alive and JW was asked for support money? If he is found guilty of the cold-blood killing of her mother, I have doubts that he could press a case that says she must visit him in jail. jmo

Because he is charged with murder. They'll throw everything at them that they can. Sometimes, things don't stick when they get to court. They know that will likely stick b/c they have living proof. Idk how many 15 y.o and 19 y.o. would be split and children taken, if they charged every person in the land who had a relationship like theirs. Look closely at this region. They're just now cracking down on teachers who sleep with their students. That went on all the time when I was in school. Guys bragged, girls thought it was cool.

Right, I had a brain freeze. Of course they threw the book at him because he murdered the mother of his child, the extra charge was tacked on because of that.

Last edited:
In the article above, the picture of the Ws that's featured, was it ever determined who took the pic?
It just says "photo provided" which sounds to me like the Wagner's provided it during one of Jake and Angela's Facebook interviews, as opposed to a professional journalist/photographer taking it.

Could have been taken by just about anyone they knew or met at that time, or by a timed camera. Who knows? But interesting question.

Agree that marriage would have solved his problems, but HR broke up with him, had two other boyfriends and then had a child with one of those boyfriends. I think she was totally done with JW from a romantic standpoint and he knew she wasn't coming back. I don't think it has been stated anywhere "why" HR broke up with JW, but I bet she had good reasons and her parents knew the reasons.

I agree that it would have been risky for him to go to court. First, he had no argument to make about why he should get full custody. HR was very fair in visitations for him, so she wasn't withholding his child from him. From everything I've read, SW was well taken care of and was very loved by her mother and her mother's family. No arguments for abuse or neglect that I can see.

JMO, he faced potential trouble going to court because of statutory rape and my guess is the Rhodens probably had other information about his character that would have been alarming to a judge. It's not a far stretch for me to believe that a man who commits statutory rape and who stands accused of multiple murders might also be emotionally and/or physically abusive. That's JMO.

Yes. I had posted a link on here some time ago where a family member was quoted as saying that "Jake was abusive to Hanna."

Pike County massacre: Experts struggle to describe how a child-custody dispute left 8 dead

“This is an extreme case,” said Randolph Roth, a historian of murder and sociologist at Ohio State University. “What’s unusual about this is enlisting the family in a murder rooted in possessive rage.”

Nancy Neylon, executive director of the Ohio Domestic Violence Network, said if the Pike County murders indeed were rooted in a custody battle, they are different merely in horrible scale to other domestic-violence murders. “It is absolutely common in domestic violence that if somebody, an abuser, loses control over his victim and his children, then he will do whatever he can to regain that control.”

At some point, the families had a falling-out. Rhoden relatives have told The Enquirer Jake Wagner was abusive to Hanna Rhoden, the couple split up, and the subsequent custody battle had been acrimonious. Wagner family members disputed that.

Last edited:
My theory only, IF the silencer was made from Bob’s under-pads, then there may be dna on it and therefore the pillowcase +/- blanket would ALSO have dna. This could be needed to include or exclude the silencer coming from the W4. However I would think the underpad and pillow case would have been washed by now and there would be no dna. Or another theory, if it was indeed the pillowcase, perhaps they can match the material thread fibers.
MOO but what I remember from the first Boondock Saints movie is how they denatured any DNA evidence they may have left, by spraying ammonia on their trace. If the shooters learned from that, they may have washed any bedding (if used, speculating here) in an ammonia laundry product prior to using it as stuffing in the silencer.

If the the silencer stuffing was used bedding, and it was not washed in an ammonia product, then it's possible DNA could stay in fabric long after the fact of a person wearing it or sleeping on it. JMO - I don't know; it's true dogs can smell a trace long after the person is gone, so DNA may stay as well. Again, I'm speculating and now I've gotta go look for how long DNA remains. ")

Yes but I was saying wouldn't they have done a paternity test/DNA when HR was still alive and JW was asked for support money? If he is found guilty of the cold-blood killing of her mother, I have doubts that he could press a case that says she must visit him in jail. jmo

How do we know HR actually asked for support money? If she did ask, then I can tell you that NO they would not do a DNA/paternity test unless JW was denying being the father.

Maybe, SW won't want to visit him as she gets older but she might. I don't know what side of the family that she will end up with if either side. Her new family might want her to visit him. He is presumed innocent at this point so maybe if she is old enough etc, he might already be receiving visits from her.

Do we know for sure that they did child support? Some parents who do week to week, don't, or, they'll work it out w/o the courts being involved. Rare, but it happens. If he'd placed S on his insurance, they'd probably needed proof, since they were unmarried. If HMR needed public assistance, where I live, anyway, she'd have to present the father's name, and the suspected father(s), would be summoned to go to a dna testing facility by X date. It may not be that way in OH, but, even if it is, HMR may not have ever applied for public assistance.

Right, I had a brain freeze. Of course they threw the book at him because he murdered the mother of his child, the extra charge was tacked on because of that.

BBM
Welcome to my world! lol

I've seen them charge defendants with things that they'd normally not unless a complaint was filed. When it comes to murder, they want every single thing they can get into those charges, so they can get the Ws the longest sentence possible. Even if it's DP. If JW gets DP+2 years for Statutory Rape, the prosecution team is golden. If the defense sees that it's a losing hand, and they can get him LWOP, it's a win for the defense, and a win for the prosecution. They'll be in jail til they die, either way, but if the defense can get the DP off the table, it's considered a win.

MOO but what I remember from the first Boondock Saints movie is how they denatured any DNA evidence they may have left, by spraying ammonia on their trace. If the shooters learned from that, they may have washed any bedding (if used, speculating here) in an ammonia laundry product prior to using it as stuffing in the silencer.

If the the silencer stuffing was used bedding, and it was not washed in an ammonia product, then it's possible DNA could stay in fabric long after the fact of a person wearing it or sleeping on it. JMO - I don't know; it's true dogs can smell a trace long after the person is gone, so DNA may stay as well. Again, I'm speculating and now I've gotta go look for how long DNA remains. ")

Maybe it was a match to the fiber type that they were after. Maybe they were able to track it down to the brand, and where it was bought. Maybe I've watched too many CSI type shows too.

Do we know for sure that they did child support? Some parents who do week to week, don't, or, they'll work it out w/o the courts being involved. Rare, but it happens. If he'd placed S on his insurance, they'd probably needed proof, since they were unmarried. If HMR needed public assistance, where I live, anyway, she'd have to present the father's name, and the suspected father(s), would be summoned to go to a dna testing facility by X date. It may not be that way in OH, but, even if it is, HMR may not have ever applied for public assistance.

This link explain how it works in Ohio. JW had to sign the Ohio Paternity Form or they would not have put his name on the birth certificate. The mother is still the sole legal guardian. However, if the mother is on assistance then the state can file for support payments.

Frequently Asked Questions

This link explain how it works in Ohio. JW had to sign the Ohio Paternity Form or they would not have put his name on the birth certificate. The mother is still the sole legal guardian. However, if the mother is on assistance then the state can file for support payments.

Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks @Ohio! Very helpful! If I read it right, as long as he signed the affidavit at the hospital, he'd be on the birth cert, and there'd be no need for a dna after HMR was deceased?

What was the one skeleton the Rs would not want shaken out of their closet??? The Rs who were murdered had no criminal records. Ha Look at the Wagners. Evil to the core. Even with their own horse and doggie customers. JMHO
At least two of the Rhoden's HAD criminal records - Dana and Gary.

What about Kenny?? Why did they think they had to kill him too??

Red herring. Looks Cartel/drug related with the money thrown over his legs and being only shot once. Also, Kenny living away from UHR and being "just" an uncle helps take some of the focus off of Hanna Rhoden and Jake's relationship because Kenny had nothing to do with their custody. If The Wagner's wanted custody why kill Kenny, right? So it must not be about custody, it must be about drug money and getting involved with some very bad drug dealers who send out hitmen, am I right again?

No I'm not right, but the Wagner's staged the scene and did fool many people into believing this. LE also seemed somewhat distracted by the drug/gang/cartel theme, or so they led us to believe, and led the Wagner's to believe this for awhile.

And it's possible Kenny knew something to implicate them, or they thought he'd take revenge.

At least two of the Rhoden's HAD criminal records - Dana and Gary.

Dana? A nursing home will not let you work there if a criminal record comes up in your background check. Her 3 Court Cases listed in the Pike County Common Pleas Court are not criminal cases. One is Civil, one is Dissolution of Marriage, and one is a Money Judgement.

Please list your links for Gary unless this is---- Just Your Opinion Only -----
Thankx.

Last edited:
Red herring. Looks Cartel/drug related with the money thrown over his legs and being only shot once. Also, Kenny living away from UHR and being "just" an uncle helps take some of the focus off of Hanna Rhoden and Jake's relationship because Kenny had nothing to do with their custody. If The Wagner's wanted custody why kill Kenny, right? So it must not be about custody, it must be about drug money and getting involved with some very bad drug dealers who send out hitmen, am I right again?

No I'm not right, but the Wagner's staged the scene and did fool many people into believing this. LE also seemed somewhat distracted by the drug/gang/cartel theme, or so they led us to believe, and led the Wagner's to believe this for awhile.

And it's possible Kenny knew something to implicate them, or they thought he'd take revenge.

I think you may be right that Kenny was to try to throw off LE and make the murders appear to be something they weren't i.e. - a drug cartel hit.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member