OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#47

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would and may very well be part of the evidence against the W4's.

At this point we don't know. But we do know that DeWine said custody and control of the children was the motive and that this is the most bizarre case he has ever seen.

We have all been here for months racking our brains for a reason why he wouldn't just take Hannah to court and try for custody or at least joint custody. Even if they planned a move to Alaska, if Jake had joint custody he could have tried for six months in AK with him and six months in OH with Hannah. There is a reason why he didn't do that.

Hannah wasn't growing MJ, her dad was. Her dad wasn't the one asking for custody.

Jake wasn't stealing boots or waving guns at people, his dad was. His dad wasn't the one asking for custody.

So this custody thing had to be something between Jake and Hannah.

These days joint custody is almost automatic. So there has to be a very good reason Jake thought he would not even get joint custody, so resorted to murder. Don't forget, the entire W family thought murder was the only solution. Not just the murder of Hannah. The murder of her entire family. Every single person who might be able to come back and get custody of SW if Hannah was dead even right down to a 16 year old boy who was the child's uncle.

Someone on here pointed out people disappear in those mountains all the time. We have all seen evidence of that with all the dead bodies turning up.

So why not just make Hannah disappear? Why would getting rid of just Hannah not solve the custody problem? Why did Jake drag baby pics and other evidence to a custody hearing to prove he was SW's father? I have never heard of any bio father dragging baby pics to court to prove he was the child's father. Why would he think he had to prove he was SW's father? After all her last name was Wagner and we assume his name was on her birth certificate as her father. So why would he have to prove he was with baby pics ect?

Unless a DNA test was done after they split in 2015 and it came back that Jake was not SW's bio father. At that point Jake could not have even gotten legal visitation rights let alone custody. At that point the only solution would have been if Hannah and every single one of her close relatives was dead. Even Hazel if she had married Frankie would have had a better chance to get full custody of SW than Jake who was not even related to the child.

It's just a theory, but it fits.

JMO
@ RAISINISBACK, whoa. That is a very interesting point! Love that. Are birth certificates public record? I don't think there is anyway he is not on the birth certificate and walk with full custody. But I won't say it's impossible, not up there. I'm not sure how he got custody in a county he doesn't reside in because most states require custody be heard in the county of the child's residence. The only thing in this theory I may differ on is that I don't think Jake wanted joint custody. I don't think he was willing to settle for that, I think he wanted SW full time and away from Hanna. Stay with me for a min, IMO it's more of a pride or ownership type of thing with them. Almost cavemanish if I may. I do think Jake loved her and when she left I think he was deeply hurt, the kind some don't get over. And once he had to start seeing Hanna and his daughter with other men (not just man) that was it. He had to come to terms that she was not coming back and another man may be raising his daughter. That is a hard pill to swallow.
And it's not as simple as just taking out Hanna. DR and CRSr (if they are like most parents) will clear the earth for their child and had she come up missing they would have fought him to their death for SW, not to mention blamed him for her disappearance. So they had to go as well. As far as Frankie and Hannah G. I think they knew too much, about whatever this issue between Jake & Hanna was and they knew if the family took out CR, DR and HR..Frankie and Hannah G would again point to them, so they were collateral damage to some extent. I feel CRJr was as well. Not sure, maybe JW just didn't like him or they had issues. But he was in the trailer and likely their most nights so.
As far as the baby pics, I'm not sure that was to convince anyone, as much as it was to say "see how much time I spend with her, and how happy she is with me? See what a great father I am" I will agree it's insane. Anyway you explain it. 8 people..gone

(text highlighted in red by me)...I respectfully disagree. Hanna was only 15 years old when Sophia was conceived. I find it very hard to believe that she had more than one sexual partner at that age. I realize there was a question of paternity when Kylie was conceived, but Hanna was approximately two and a half years older at that time and she was on again/off again with Jake. IMHO, Jake was her first love and she was exclusively involved with Jake until after Sophia was born.
I agree, I think Jake is absolutely the father.

Were these charges due to a situation with her sister or sister in law?
No. That would be a different case years later.

Docket entry on criminal case number CRB 0600774

Click for case information
Case Number:
CRB 0600774
Defendant(s): Rhoden, Dana L

• 11/13/2006
    • CASE WAS FILED WITH COURT
    • CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 11/13/2006 AT 10:30 AM
    • CASE SET FOR A PRE-TRIAL ON 11/27/2006 AT 2:45 PM

• 11/15/2006
    • PRECIPE FILED;SUBPOENA ISSUED

• 11/27/2006
    • CASE DISMISSED.
    • SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
    • CASE DISMISSED - DUE TO VICTIM'S REQUEST OR VICTIM'S
    • UNWILLINGNESS TO PROSECUTE. VICTIM FAILED TO APPEAR AT
    • PRE-TRIAL HEARING.

One poster recently asked about RJN's charges and how the other Ws could be charged with forgery. Please see her Discovery below. But most importantly, Google the exact name of the document they created and forged: Declaration of Appointment of Guardian for my Children in the Event of my Death or Incapacity.

Newcomb Discovery

No. That would be a different case years later.

Docket entry on criminal case number CRB 0600774

Case Number:
CRB 0600774

• 11/13/2006
    • CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 11/13/2006 AT 10:30 AM
    • CASE SET FOR A PRE-TRIAL ON 11/27/2006 AT 2:45 PM

• 11/15/2006
    • PRECIPE FILED;SUBPOENA ISSUED

• 11/27/2006
    • CASE DISMISSED.
    • SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
    • CASE DISMISSED - DUE TO VICTIM'S REQUEST OR VICTIM'S
    • UNWILLINGNESS TO PROSECUTE. VICTIM FAILED TO APPEAR AT
    • PRE-TRIAL HEARING.

What proof do you have as to WHO the other person involved in this incident was, please? Please post link.

Thankx @Betty P for saying what most of us are thinking. Unfortunately, negative things occasionally get blown out of proportion concerning the victims and their families. Sorry to be redundant but I believe it's worth saying one more time:

Out of Dana's 6 charges, that were posted earlier today --- 2 are Traffic Citations not criminal, 2 were dismissed, one was a money judgement which is a Civil Court matter, and only one was a Misdemeanor charge dating back to the year 2000, for Resisting Arrest.

Dana's very unremarkable "criminal record" certainly was not enough to deny her gainful employment in a nursing home, of which, her co-workers commended her as being a very thoughtful generous care giver...:)...spending her own money bringing in treats for the people she took care of.
People on here want to bring out court records of Dana Rhoden, what about Angela Wagner, she was caught shoplifting, stealing off her employers from the boot factory plus some kind of road rage, and Billy Wagner he gets caught with stolen property from a high school, 2 stolen dirt bikes and road rage charges don’t forget get about FW she has been involved in a lot of law suits ether her filed it or several people file suit against her, for someone to live at the foot of the cross she shore does have a lot of bad animals sell and eviction, Now the Wagner family is tie into a mass murder case, and somebody want to say Dana had a few family court case in her past is nothing compared to the Wagners past JMO

People on here want to bring out court records of Dana Rhoden, what about Angela Wagner, she was caught shoplifting, stealing off her employers from the boot factory plus some kind of road rage, and Billy Wagner he gets caught with stolen property from a high school, 2 stolen dirt bikes and road rage charges don’t forget get about FW she has been involved in a lot of law suits ether her filed it or several people file suit against her, for someone to live at the foot of the cross she shore does have a lot of bad animals sell and eviction, Now the Wagner family is tie into a mass murder case, and somebody want to say Dana had a few family court case in her past is nothing compared to the Wagners past JMO

Awesome analysis, JB! Thank you!

I completely agree and it shouldn't even need to be said on a victim-friendly forum, but DR is a murder victim.

The incidents from DR's past that are being shared here with the apparent intention of trying to encourage some kind of discussion about DR's character are not only disrespectful, but they have absolutely nothing to do with DR's murder, the murders of her family members and the murder of HG. JMO.

ETA: I realize my feelings are very strong on this, but I just spent months following the Shanann Watts case and I'm still trying to recover from it. Discussion and speculation about Shanann's character were allowed because her husband claimed he killed her in a rage after she killed their two little girls. It was beyond awful to read some of the horrible things that were written by people who didn't even know her. That kind of discussion was was prohibited after her husband took a plea deal and admitted he killed them all. Thankfully.

Last edited:
Red herring. Looks Cartel/drug related with the money thrown over his legs and being only shot once. Also, Kenny living away from UHR and being "just" an uncle helps take some of the focus off of Hanna Rhoden and Jake's relationship because Kenny had nothing to do with their custody. If The Wagner's wanted custody why kill Kenny, right? So it must not be about custody, it must be about drug money and getting involved with some very bad drug dealers who send out hitmen, am I right again?

No I'm not right, but the Wagner's staged the scene and did fool many people into believing this. LE also seemed somewhat distracted by the drug/gang/cartel theme, or so they led us to believe, and led the Wagner's to believe this for awhile.

And it's possible Kenny knew something to implicate them, or they thought he'd take revenge.

Do you suppose KR may have been present when the “altercation” took place a couple of weeks before? I know we only have hearsay at this point regarding the “altercation” between CRsr and BW but it is a possible theory.

How do we know HR actually asked for support money? If she did ask, then I can tell you that NO they would not do a DNA/paternity test unless JW was denying being the father.

Maybe, SW won't want to visit him as she gets older but she might. I don't know what side of the family that she will end up with if either side. Her new family might want her to visit him. He is presumed innocent at this point so maybe if she is old enough etc, he might already be receiving visits from her.
I thought someone had posted that records showed HR had brought him court. If I got that wrong, I apologize. Maybe it was the other brother? Yes all are innocent until proven guilty, I was speaking about if he is guilty, convicted guilty of killing her mother. Again if I was unclear about that, I apologize.

http://pikecountycourt.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
Search results for rhoden, dana
6 Matches Displayed

1 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
05/30/2000
Arr. Agency: SHF Case #: CRB0000480
Docket Entry: Click
Charge: DISORDERLY COND
Case Type: Criminal
2 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
05/31/2000
Arr. Agency: SHF Case #: CRB0000489
Charge: RESIST ARREST
3 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
10/24/2005
Arr. Agency: OSP Case #: TRD0502104
Charge: A. C. D.
Case Type: Traffic
4 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
11/13/2006
Arr. Agency: SHF Case #: CRB0600774
Charge: DOMEST VIOLENCE
5 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
07/23/1997
Arr. Agency: OSP Case #: TRD9702146
6 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L.
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
10/21/2010
Arr. Agency: N/A Case #: CVF1000577
Charge: CONTRACT/NOTE
Case Type: Civil

Pike County Court

Docket entry on criminal case number CRB 0000489

Case Number:
CRB 0000489

• 05/31/2000
    • CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 06/05/2000 AT 9:00 AM

• 06/05/2000
    • CASE SET FOR A SENTENCING ON 06/15/2000 AT 8:30 AM

• 06/15/2000
    • FINE AMOUNT $100.00
    • CRIMINAL MM COSTS $48.00
    • SHERIFF FEES $15.30
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 2649 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 50.00
    • DEF. PLED NC, FOUND GUILTY, FINE 100.00, SUSP .00
    • COSTS 63.30, SUSP .00
    • JAIL 90, SUSP 85
    • SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
    • 5YRS STAND PROB,

• 07/05/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 2935 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 25.00

• 08/07/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 3519 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 25.00

• 09/05/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 3841 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 25.00

• 10/06/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 4551 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 38.30

• 01/23/2001
    • CASE SET FOR A PROBATION VIOL. ON 02/05/2001 AT 3:00 PM

• 01/25/2001
    • VIOLATION OF PROBATION DISMISSED.
    Conviction Date: 06/15/2000
    Dft's Plea: Nc
    Dft. Found: G Fine Amt.: 100.00
    Susp.: .00
    Costs Amt.: 63.30
    Jail Time: 90
    Susp.: 85
    O.L. Susp. From:
    O.L. Susp. To:
    Dispo.:
    5YRS STAND PROB,DEFT TO REFRAIN FROM APRIL CRABTREE.DEFT TO
    REPORT TO JAIL FOR 5 DAYS ON 6/15/2000 AT 12:00NOON.
RECAP: She plead no contest to a criminal charge, was adjudicated GUILTY and was SENTENCED TO FIVE DAYS IN JAIL AND FIVE YEARS PROBATION.
http://pikecountycourt.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi
Search results for rhoden, dana
6 Matches Displayed

1 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
05/30/2000
Arr. Agency: SHF Case #: CRB0000480
Charge: DISORDERLY COND
2 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
05/31/2000
Arr. Agency: SHF Case #: CRB0000489
Charge: RESIST ARREST
3 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
10/24/2005
Arr. Agency: OSP Case #: TRD0502104
4 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
11/13/2006
Arr. Agency: SHF Case #: CRB0600774
Charge: DOMEST VIOLENCE
5 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
07/23/1997
Arr. Agency: OSP Case #: TRD9702146
6 Concerning: Rhoden, Dana L.
D.B.A./A.K.A.:
Filed:
10/21/2010
Arr. Agency: N/A Case #: CVF1000577
Charge: CONTRACT/NOTE
Case Type: Civil

Pike County Court

Docket entry on criminal case number CRB 0000489

Case Number:
CRB 0000489

• 05/31/2000
    • CASE SET FOR A ARRAIGNMENT ON 06/05/2000 AT 9:00 AM

• 06/05/2000
    • CASE SET FOR A SENTENCING ON 06/15/2000 AT 8:30 AM

• 06/15/2000
    • FINE AMOUNT $100.00
    • CRIMINAL MM COSTS $48.00
    • SHERIFF FEES $15.30
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 2649 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 50.00
    • DEF. PLED NC, FOUND GUILTY, FINE 100.00, SUSP .00
    • COSTS 63.30, SUSP .00
    • JAIL 90, SUSP 85
    • SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
    • 5YRS STAND PROB,

• 07/05/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 2935 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 25.00

• 08/07/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 3519 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 25.00

• 09/05/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 3841 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 25.00

• 10/06/2000
    • PAYMENT - RECEIPT NO. 4551 IN THE AMOUNT OF $ 38.30

• 01/23/2001
    • CASE SET FOR A PROBATION VIOL. ON 02/05/2001 AT 3:00 PM

• 01/25/2001
    • VIOLATION OF PROBATION DISMISSED.
    Conviction Date: 06/15/2000
    Dft's Plea: Nc
    Dft. Found: G Fine Amt.: 100.00
    Costs Amt.: 63.30
    Jail Time: 90
    Susp.: 85
    O.L. Susp. From:
    O.L. Susp. To:
    Dispo.:
    5YRS STAND PROB,DEFT TO REFRAIN FROM APRIL CRABTREE.DEFT TO
    REPORT TO JAIL FOR 5 DAYS ON 6/15/2000 AT 12:00NOON.
RECAP: She plead no contest to a criminal charge, was adjudicated GUILTY and was SENTENCED TO FIVE DAYS IN JAIL AND FIVE YEARS PROBATION.

Charges #1 & 2 are misdemeanors. The only potential felony is the charge of domestic violence which was dropped due to the complainant was a no-show. Therefore she is not a felon criminal.

In keeping with the entire Custody discussion, stress, conflict between Rhodens and Wagners and escalating

It was rumored that Wagner Family took HR on vacations to Florida. Business or pleasure, idk.
It was rumored CRsr made trips to Florida. Business or pleasure idk.
It was rumored Dana and Chris had a plan to leave Pike County and move the entire family to Florida after CR jr got out of High School
Questions:
Did CRsr and Wagners have common friends or associates in Florida
If Dana was successful in her desire to move the family to Florida - HR would have taken S to Florida.
How did this plan of Dana’s fit into the Wagners Custody plans, and Wagner desire to move to Alaska.

Does anyone think Dana’s references to “ The Evil Ones” were references to the Wagners.

RW from BBL has a real estate business in Fla and CRsr worked for RW. Perhaps RW had work for him to do down there.

I thought someone had posted that records showed HR had brought him court. If I got that wrong, I apologize. Maybe it was the other brother? Yes all are innocent until proven guilty, I was speaking about if he is guilty, convicted guilty of killing her mother. Again if I was unclear about that, I apologize.

Sunshine, I should have worded my reply better. We have no problem so you don't need to apologize to me.

I haven't seen any proof that HR took JW to court. If that happened, then I think that it would change my thinking on many things. I have read on here that she did and I wish that someone would verify that. I have read on here that BW and possibly AW received Social Security disability benefits too. I have asked on here if anyone knows that as a fact but I haven't seen that answered.

I believe (but I hope that I am wrong) that if SW is in foster care and JW wants to see SW then they will be legally required to take her to visit him since he hasn't been found guilty yet. If he is found guilty and she wants to visit him then I don't know how it could be stopped either.

I completely agree and it shouldn't even need to be said on a victim-friendly forum, but DR is a murder victim.

The incidents from DR's past that are being shared here with the apparent intention of trying to encourage some kind of discussion about DR's character are not only disrespectful, but they have absolutely nothing to do with DR's murder, the murders of her family members and the murder of HG. JMO.

ETA: I realize my feelings are very strong on this, but I just spent months following the Shanann Watts case and I'm still trying to recover from it. Discussion and speculation about Shanann's character were allowed because her husband claimed he killed her in a rage after she killed their two little girls. It was beyond awful to read some of the horrible things that were written by people who didn't even know her. That kind of discussion was was prohibited after her husband took a plea deal and admitted he killed them all. Thankfully.

Bless your heart for your post. So true. We are here for the victims, not the killers.

It should ask to download the page. It very short letter saying because JW was arrested he's no longer SW's custodial guardian.
Exactly. Thank you. It isn't difficult to find in CRSR'S probate records, which 99% of posters know how to find quickly. JMO and thank you.

Sunshine, I should have worded my reply better. We have no problem so you don't need to apologize to me.

I haven't seen any proof that HR took JW to court. If that happened, then I think that it would change my thinking on many things. I have read on here that she did and I wish that someone would verify that. I have read on here that BW and possibly AW received Social Security disability benefits too. I have asked on here if anyone knows that as a fact but I haven't seen that answered.

I believe (but I hope that I am wrong) that if SW is in foster care and JW wants to see SW then they will be legally required to take her to visit him since he hasn't been found guilty yet. If he is found guilty and she wants to visit him then I don't know how it could be stopped either.

IMO, no. Quite the opposite, as of now. SW is no where close to seeing any of her family, least of all, her daddy's who are all charged out the yazoo. JMO She is NO LONGER in his custody. She is a ward of the State and has an appointed legal guardian to watch over her affairs. Link posted earlier.

If he had DNA testing ordered because she asked for support, wouldnt it be on record, whether a judge or an agency ordered it?

It's possible HMR had unofficial DNA testing done, to prove to JW that he wasn't the father [just going along with Raisin's scenario for a moment] but I don't think it's likely, #1, because DNA tests are expensive (minimum of two or three people to test), and #2, if she went to that extent to prove to him he wasn't the dad, and he wasn't, then, jmo, then she wouldn't have continued to let him have visitation. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back