Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link! I need to listen to this again. I think the moment I recall happened during a reporter q&a during the first 24-48 hours ish after audio was released in February of 2017. But I could be wrong! I will listen again! If u recall correctly, the radio interview was a bit further out.

Yup, I think it was in March.

OT: For those interested in the subject we have a thread here tracking cases solved by the genetic genealogy methods used by Parabon: DNA Solves Cold Cases/Parabon Nanolabs & GED/Match.

Also see the thread for DNA Doe Project Discussion (DDP uses the same genetic genealogy methods as Parabon to solve Unidentified Deceased cases): DNA Doe Project - General Discussion
Bump. These articles and the two threads are good primers on the use of forensic genealogy/genetic genealogy to identify suspects and Unidentified Deceased people. Worth a read for those who haven’t followed other cases that have been resolved since the first one was announced a little over a year ago. Many people upload their DNA results to GEDMatch which is the public database that is being used to find these people. Many people uploaded their DNA results after the Golden State Killer was caught in order to help LE solve more cases.

GEDmatch - Wikipedia

because I am in the small camp that thinks he is wearing a respirator, he very well could have used mace or some other aerosol substance to subdue them. I do not think they were conscious during the murder. They couldn't have been - they would have fought or run.

I have a hard time with how all this went down, He could only strangle one at a time. Anyone, anyone, in that situation would have most likely run for their life if the other person they were with was being strangled. It’s pure survival instinct, Adrenalin kicks in and it’s fight or flight.

Maybe she did try to fight, tried jumping him from behind, or pummeled him with rocks or something. Or maybe he had already incapacitated her in some way. Stun gun, mace... ?
Those poor girls, the *advertiser censored* needs to go down.

Bump. These articles and the two threads are good primers on the use of forensic genealogy/genetic genealogy to identify suspects and Unidentified Deceased people. Worth a read for those who haven’t followed other cases that have been resolved since the first one was announced a little over a year ago. Many people upload their DNA results to GEDMatch which is the public database that is being used to find these people. Many people uploaded their DNA results after the Golden State Killer was caught in order to help LE solve more cases.

GEDmatch - Wikipedia

BTW, a couple of good words about Gedmatch. It used to be free and enthusiasts-driven. I think the new version has minimal subscription payment. They did not perform DNA analysis, but they would broaden one's comparison base and had lots of neat thingys. Such as, reconstructing your deceased relative's DNA, getting an "evil twin" (the portion of DNA you did not get from your parents), doing 4-ethnic groups analyzer of your DNA, comparing your DNA with Neanderthal's one. My feeling is, free databases and search engines, and everything made by enthusiasts is usually of a better quality, so I am glad that they are getting some positive publicity. People who contributed to the development of the site deserve respect.

I keep wondering about the early search warrant that was served to a property early on.

Is it possible this is the direction the perp left? I don’t believe they searched inside the property - but contents outside(?), meaning the owners would have been unaware/innocent.

Actually I recall a news video about the SW on Bicycle Bridge Road where I noticed cameras flashing inside (evidence photographers) of what looked like an oddly shaped out building?? I was wondering about this because of the “shack” but decided this wasn’t a shack. I was going to note this but decided to pass due to relevance. Gosh I have no idea where that video is. Let me go dig.

ETA:
They did search inside the house and the reporter says this search was based upon information from “tips from the community”. The field (“next door” according to the reporter) was searched and boxes were also removed. Kim Riley also says they had “probable cause”.

This is not the video I’m looking for:

Day 3:
ISP serves search warrant in connection with deaths of Delphi teens; no arrests made
FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Also,
“On Feb. 16, Indiana State Police served a search warrant at a home on Bicycle Bridge Road in connection to the double homicide investigation. Evidence was taken from the home, but ultimately no arrests were made.”
Murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi remain unsolved 1 year later, but case far from ‘cold’

“Investigators spent a few hours at the property neighbors said, and records showed, is a family farm.”
Search warrant served at Delphi family farm in connection with two murdered teens investigation

Last edited:
I have a hard time with how all this went down, He could only strangle one at a time. Anyone, anyone, in that situation would have most likely run for their life if the other person they were with was being strangled. It’s pure survival instinct, Adrenalin kicks in and it’s fight or flight.

Maybe she did try to fight, tried jumping him from behind, or pummeled him with rocks or something. Or maybe he had already incapacitated her in some way. Stun gun, mace... ?
Those poor girls, the *advertiser censored* needs to go down.

Maybe one was tied to a tree.

because I am in the small camp that thinks he is wearing a respirator, he very well could have used mace or some other aerosol substance to subdue them. I do not think they were conscious during the murder. They couldn't have been - they would have fought or run.
Fear and (likely) a weapon, were the only things he needed.

They hoped to make it out of this alive, and likely complied until it was too late.

I can game several scenarios in my head, that would inhibit their ability to run or fight back.

Perhaps they did those things, but were no match for a stronger, faster, motivated monster.

@Blueberry2720 We are not allowed to talk about specific individuals in the public thread who have not been named as persons of interest by law enforcement. You can do so in private conversations if you wish but not on the public thread. I hope we can all work together to try our best to keep the thread open for everyone. Your co-operation would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Error post from another site. Apologies. I have alerted mods to delete ASAP.

images

or this?
images

Let me know if/when you find it! I think it is with Sargent Dave Bursten. I think it that same interview/press conference that he alludes to other audio that talks about BG feeling irritated and/or impatient with “down the hill” demands not being met. I can’t find link anywhere. It would have been very early press interview. I am not on social media platforms, so it isn’t gossip. I just can’t find the link!!! So just based on my own (perhaps failing) memory.

I’m thinking it miiiiight be in the Inside Edition video / “the things nightmares are made of”. I’ll dig.

his intonation goes up at the end of the word "guys", almost like a question. more like anticipation that they will acknowledge or respond to him.
I just listen to it again. Maybe a better word for the "Guys" would be impatience not irritation. God knows what came before or after those chilling four words. I pray someone recognized his voice off that one extra word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled