Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's much more likely that he has had some petty crimes in his past, or has been charged with DV, than this being the work of a serial killer. But as you said, there's always that potential that he could become one.
He may not be by definition, but could very well fit the personality and psychological profile of a serial killer. Imo

I recall that a Delphi local commented somewhere that she herself would park in the lot when walking the trail. Does anyone else remember this? I got the impression that it wasn’t unusual to park there for whatever reason. It does have easy walking access to the trail.

I also wonder if family members noticed the vehicle parked there during their preliminary search, prior to 5pm.

We parked there when we went to Delphi and to the trails and bridge. By then, the building had been torn down so it is just a bare lot to park in. You have to walk on a little path about 8 minutes or so to get to entrance of the trails.
Anyone walking that path would be seen to all traffic as we were.

He may not be by definition, but could very well fit the personality and psychological profile of a serial killer. Imo
Yeah, the language at that press conference was designed to appeal to someone who is behaving like a serial killer.

Power. Control.

“You want to know what we know.”

The religion angle is interesting to me as well as the reactions of many with respect to religion somehow being involved.

If you are in the camp that believes that the PC was specifically scripted, then the reference to “The Shack” is highly relevant and as such, brings religion to the equation. Whether LE believes the killer comes from a religious background, or did what he did because of a warped religious ideal, is in play. I am in the camp that sees the Christian themes woven into the PC. I believe there was a reason for that. Only time will tell.

Religion has been used by VERY bad people for centuries as a protective shield, or been used in warped reasoning to commit horrible atrocities. Being religious does not give one an immediate “pass” in my book.

However, if the killer is an upstanding church going member of the community, I can see how he would be passed over in favour of a more unsavoury POI.

I think the thing to remember here, at this moment, is that NO ONE is beyond reproach. No matter who you are, or what your background, you are fair game as the killer, or an enabler.

MOO and ALL THAT JAZZ.

He may have been more familiar with that place, and felt more comfortable parking there. It also meant he didn't have to cross the bridge again to get back to the trail lot and escape. Cuts the possibility of being seen returning from the crime scene in half really.
By parking in that lot--He would have walked the path to the beginning of the trails which puts him out in the open, right along side the main road. Everyone driving by would see him..we walked that same path when we were there..we were completely out in the open.

This may have been mentioned so excuse me if it has. This guy getting harassed had a very good alibi because he was at church. This shows that Delphi has strong church ties which is nice to have in a small community don't you think?

If you're religious then it's nice to have. In many small communities the church is pretty much the center of people's social lives. Our town doesn't have cinemas, places to shop, etc. We have parks, mountains, school, and church.

We parked there when we went to Delphi and to the trails and bridge. By then, the building had been torn down so it is just a bare lot to park in. You have to walk on a little path about 8 minutes or so to get to entrance of the trails.
Anyone walking that path would be seen to all traffic as we were.

I've parked there but, honestly, I don't think I even knew what that building was until it was announced in the PC and then I later saw it on the map. The parking situation isn't great for the trails and it can be easy to miss. We just sort of parked where we could find space.

Very true, and I wouldn't doubt the killer has those very traits. Imo

Certain characteristics of BG remind me of Dennis Rader (BTK) in Wichita, KS. He, too, was very good at compartmentalizing, hiding in plain sight in a small city environment while remaining active in his church, as a scout leader, at work, with family, etc. The profiler said BG probably fantasized about a murder scenario before he took Abby and Libby that day. Rader did something similar in that he chose his victim, stalked them and planned the attack before finally carrying it out.

The active fantasy life and re-enacting the previous crime is what keeps them from attacking again when the police are watching. It's possible BG will eventually attack again if he's not caught.

If you're religious then it's nice to have. In many small communities the church is pretty much the center of people's social lives. Our town doesn't have cinemas, places to shop, etc. We have parks, mountains, school, and church.

Same here, small rural farming community. Church is very much important to the community as a whole

Yeah, the language at that press conference was designed to appeal to someone who is behaving like a serial killer.

Power. Control.

“You want to know what we know.”
Yes, very much so. I would love to hear what the FBI profile is for him, and what led to their conclusions.
They definitely seem to know what will agitate him and how to get a reaction.
I hope it works. Imo

I think two years the suspect BG had more baby fat he was two years younger 18-22 age range. Take away some baby fat and the long pointy chin and big, wide forehead are gonna be really prominent features. Maybe with receding hairline now.

Wondering if the perp was heavier before the murders, the lost weight causing his pants to be too long and baggy? speculation.

Certain characteristics of BG remind me of Dennis Rader (BTK) in Wichita, KS. He, too, was very good at compartmentalizing, hiding in plain sight in a small city environment while remaining active in his church, as a scout leader, at work, with family, etc. The profiler said BG probably fantasized about a murder scenario before he took Abby and Libby that day. Rader did something similar in that he chose his victim, stalked them and planned the attack before finally carrying it out.

The active fantasy life and re-enacting the previous crime is what keeps them from attacking again when the police are watching. It's possible BG will eventually attack again if he's not caught.

And he's another one, too, who I think that if the people in his life had been shown a sketch it probably wouldn't even have registered to them that it was him. And that's what I think is happening now. I've heard people say that he can't be local or else they'd have found him by now, but the alternative is that he has such a good reputation (that doesn't mean he's high profile, just "normal") that even when faced with the sketch and audio people aren't connecting it.

ETA: "such" and "suck" are two totally different words. Doh!

Last edited:
Yes, very much so. I would love to hear what the FBI profile is for him, and what led to their conclusions.
They definitely seem to know what will agitate him and how to get a reaction.
I hope it works. Imo
Most importantly, they know that they can agitate him, and not draw an undesired response.

They rocked that boat pretty hard, but seem confident that there isn’t danger in doing so.

It’s risky business to call a guy like this “a coward,” but if that rattles him, then someone might notice.

The religion angle is interesting to me as well as the reactions of many with respect to religion somehow being involved.

If you are in the camp that believes that the PC was specifically scripted, then the reference to “The Shack” is highly relevant and as such, brings religion to the equation. Whether LE believes the killer comes from a religious background, or did what he did because of a warped religious ideal, is in play. I am in the camp that sees the Christian themes woven into the PC. I believe there was a reason for that. Only time will tell.

Religion has been used by VERY bad people for centuries as a protective shield, or been used in warped reasoning to commit horrible atrocities. Being religious does not give one an immediate “pass” in my book.

However, if the killer is an upstanding church going member of the community, I can see how he would be passed over in favour of a more unsavoury POI.

I think the thing to remember here, at this moment, is that NO ONE is beyond reproach. No matter who you are, or what your background, you are fair game as the killer, or an enabler.

MOO and ALL THAT JAZZ.
Having lived in a little town in Wisconsin after growing up in Pasadena and Seattle, I can see this very well. There a basically 2 kinds of people as far as LE is concerned. The “good”ones who have jobs and go to church and attend the pancake breakfast, and the ones who live out on the outskirts of town, have five cars in their front yard, and are probably addicted to something. We know there are so many more facets, but this is basically how small towns are divided up. They have been looking for the crazy Punisher hoodie dudes instead of the ones who show up to every parade to help hand out hot chocolate to the kids. That’s the hiding in plain state part. Someone who is handing out the bracelets at the vigil instead of the guy drinking Coors at the bowling alley .

By parking in that lot--He would have walked the path to the beginning of the trails which puts him out in the open, right along side the main road. Everyone driving by would see him..we walked that same path when we were there..we were completely out in the open.
So if he parked at the lot where the welfare building was, he would have no choice but to walk on the road? Is there no access to the woods other than that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunshynebabii