Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
About "guys". I believe the recording was changed, maybe put on a lower speed. The idea was not about the word, but to let the locals listen to the voice, the pronunciation, the cadence, maybe even some peculiarities of articulation? Hence to me, it sounds like a post-partying voice of a chronic smoker, but m.b., there is something else that only the locals can discern?

Another option, if it is the person's true unaltered voice and he is a local...you would be recognized, and soon, if you speak like this! Why was he not, for two years?

Perhaps the person has something like laryngeal spasm, when he speaks like this, in a hoarse voice, only occasionally? When he is under a lot of stress? It happens.

But it is not about usage of the word "guys". It is about how he speaks.

It has been offered here to consult a dentist. (Perhaps, if the bite problem is excessive.) But it is a sketch, so... For the voice, however, a laryngologist or a speech pathologist could help.

I found an interesing article about "dude ranch". It is off-topic but I assume we shall not find out anything new on Sunday, and it is history! Ted Roosevelt.

Ever Wondered Why It's Called a 'Dude Ranch'?

"Like many Easterners with a romantic vision of the West, the Harvard-educated Roosevelt eventually headed to the frontier, where for a few years he operated a cattle ranch in the Dakotas. That was what made him a “dude” — he was a well-born Easterner not accustomed to the rough life of the West.

Back in Theodore Roosevelt’s time, the word “dude” wasn’t used in a very friendly way by Westerners. In essence, “dude” meant an ostentatious and ignorant man who could barely survive outside his comfort zone in the big city back East. Cultured socialites, arrogant and rich, were called “dudes” when they came out West to see what life was like for the “other half.”"

Interesting how the language changes and morphs...

and then became common surfer/slacker Valley Girl slang, and now everyone uses it...lol!

Yes, I don't think his words implied in any way what type of family the killer came from, or what his standing is in the community.
I think he used the words "hiding in plain sight" to emphasize that he could be anyone in Delphi, as opposed to an outsider who lives nearby, as was previously thought.
When he said he could even be in the room, I believe it was to send a clear message that the suspect could be anyone the people of Delphi know well and have been possibly interacting with since the murder.
I think his purpose was get the attention of those close to him, or anyone that has noticed a change in him in the last two years, and encourage them to take a closer look or call in a tip.
I don't think he was hinting that the perp could be in a position of authority, works with children, or is a member of a church or LE. Imo

I agree, Carter wasn’t embedding any clues as to the identity of the murderer in the Press Conference and I sure hope any person who might be withholding important information doesn’t think so either.

LE have been highly critical of harmful rumours in the past because they say it impedes their investigation. I can see why, particularly if it’s a close family member of someone who gets wind of SM speculation, then breathes a huge sigh of relief if the profile of the cyber suspect is somebody entirely different than the person whom they suspect.

Regarding the question why nobody (seemed to have) heard anything. IMO the victims may have been gagged, taped or quickly incapacitated - or - the terrain in combination with a little wind (between 6 mph N and 13 mph W) buffered the sounds?

Here is a map with circles originating form the SE end of the bridge with .1/.2/.4/.5 and 1 mile radius in case someone wants to estimate how far sounds would have carried. The map also includes direct visibility lines (colored) on the trail leading to the bridge:

Attachments

• delphi wind conditions and sound travel up to 1 mile.png
    delphi wind conditions and sound travel up to 1 mile.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Someone must recognize his voice/demeanor and sketch. Possibly someone has called in a tip that needs to be thoroughly vetted, which all takes time. For all we know a friend could have called in a tip two years ago but when they investigated it hit a dead end at that time. All LE needs is several tips, witnesses placing him at the scene of the crime, driving the car there, or noticing he wasn't at class or where he told LE he was. Perhaps someone who gave him a false alibi will change their minds and soon.

Dear x_files,

Yes, it could be any one of these you've mentioned that needs to happen for the LE to tie this together and make the arrest.

Plus - who knows how much information they have on one or two viable suspects - they just need as you say - one more thing.

I have faith in this investigative team and after watching the recent press conference - there is momentum!

L.E. will get what they need, hopefully sooner than later, but they will get this guy.

May tomorrow be the day for the arrest!

With globalization it is becoming harder to draw lines between colloquialisms and language and it's really difficult to say that X state only uses Y word. We're talking about a word here that most of the YouTubers open their videos with. It's not rare.

RSBM

Agreed.

Jeff Probst says it every week on Survivor. "Come on in, guys" when they're gathering for the next challenge/competition. Probst is 57 and originally from Wichita, KS. The players are male and female and have been from 18 to 75 years old. It's just a common, gender-neutral, age-neutral, casual form of address. JMO

(Bringing Zen’s post over which was accidentally posted in the media thread
:) )

zencompass said:
I am so thankful that Kelsi has Michelle Cruz for support and that they have become good friends.

In an interview, Michelle stated that she and Kelsi understand what each other are going through and have gone through. This is so important.

The support for one another is immeasurable and so healing. It is heart-lifting to hear this.

Hello Jax49 and Dancing Muse:
David MacAnally/Eyewitness News at approx 2:46 into the interview speaks with a man with an orange hoodie. This is I believe the searcher who located Libby and Abby on Ron Logan’s property. The video does not identify him by name.

Please feel free to correct me if my memory is faulty. This is the video I saved in my notes as important.
MOO
I will not mention that Riley's "guys" sounds similar to BG's "guys". Nope. We don't need another rabbit hole :rolleyes:

I’ve just listed To the bestcase worst casepodcast episodes on Abby&Libby. Thankyou to whoever suggested it on here. I found it very informative on the reason why they changed the sketch, the former fbi person seemed To state with certainty why they Have changed the sketch, I was surprised because I’ve never heard the reasons they stated before as a known fact. Did this shock anybody else?
Hoping and praying everyday there is news, I don’t think a case like this has ever had this much of an effect on me before.

About "guys". I believe the recording was changed, maybe put on a lower speed. The idea was not about the word, but to let the locals listen to the voice, the pronunciation, the cadence, maybe even some peculiarities of articulation? Hence to me, it sounds like a post-partying voice of a chronic smoker, but m.b., there is something else that only the locals can discern?

Another option, if it is the person's true unaltered voice and he is a local...you would be recognized, and soon, if you speak like this! Why was he not, for two years?

Perhaps the person has something like laryngeal spasm, when he speaks like this, in a hoarse voice, only occasionally? When he is under a lot of stress? It happens.

But it is not about usage of the word "guys". It is about how he speaks.

It has been offered here to consult a dentist. (Perhaps, if the bite problem is excessive.) But it is a sketch, so... For the voice, however, a laryngologist or a speech pathologist could help.

MOO the latest audio released just does not sound the same as the first audio released to me.
MOO The first released audio had a heavier tone, more frustration more threat.
MOO maybe seeing a younger face
attached did some work on my perceptions.

Yes, I don't think his words implied in any way what type of family the killer came from, or what his standing is in the community.
I think he used the words "hiding in plain sight" to emphasize that he could be anyone in Delphi, as opposed to an outsider who lives nearby, as was previously thought.
When he said he could even be in the room, I believe it was to send a clear message that the suspect could be anyone the people of Delphi know well and have been possibly interacting with since the murder.
I think his purpose was get the attention of those close to him, or anyone that has noticed a change in him in the last two years, and encourage them to take a closer look or call in a tip.
I don't think he was hinting that the perp could be in a position of authority, works with children, or is a member of a church or LE. Imo
Agreed!

Someone must recognize his voice/demeanor and sketch. Possibly someone has called in a tip that needs to be thoroughly vetted, which all takes time. For all we know a friend could have called in a tip two years ago but when they investigated it hit a dead end at that time. All LE needs is several tips, witnesses placing him at the scene of the crime, driving the car there, or noticing he wasn't at class or where he told LE he was. Perhaps someone who gave him a false alibi will change their minds and soon.

It might be as simple as one person unbeknownst providing the alibi may need to be interrogated again, and he/she is traveling in Laos, Cambodia, or Tibet, a place without Internet?

I am making totally random assumptions, but it could be that simple. Waiting for the person to come back to ask him/her really scratch the memory.

It might be as simple as one person unbeknownst providing the alibi may need to be interrogated again, and he/she is traveling in Laos, Cambodia, or Tibet, a place without Internet?

I am making totally random assumptions, but it could be that simple. Waiting for the person to come back to ask him/her really scratch the memory.

Good thought.

Some one said of this crime. That in such a small town and area, the killer must have people covering for them.
MOO possibly the killer miraculously threaded some narrow path that escaped all detection and suspicion, but MOO that seems less likely than he got at least a little help.

MOO
the police are also searching for the kind of person who would cover for this killer, as well as the killer.

An over compensating mother (or mother figure, like a close sibling) obsessed with protecting him.

Some bad criminal friend/s that deal
or produce drugs, steal and kill.

Last edited:
I will not mention that Riley's "guys" sounds similar to BG's "guys". Nope. We don't need another rabbit hole :rolleyes:

I think some of it is purely local. When David Macanally says "up and down the hills", or (the man in orange) says it, it sounds not totally unlike the BG. They all live in the same area. "They will be vigilant now...up or down" sounds similar, too, but I think it simply implies that they were born and raised in IN.

Paul Holes said of this case "be patient."
So, that is his advice, it's hopeful.

The GSK DNA had some special
health markers that simplified tracking it, and easier for CeCe Moore to create a tree. If this DNA has less marker individuality, it will take longer.

Some one said of this crime. That in such a small town and area, the killer must have people covering for them.
MOO possibly the killer miraculously threaded some narrow path that escaped all
detection and suspicion, but MOO that seems less likely than at least a little help.

MOO the police are also searching for the kind of person who would cover for this killer, as well as the killer.

An over compensating mother (or mother figure, like a close sibling) obsessed with protecting him.

Some bad criminal friend/s that deal
or produce drugs, steal and kill.
Or he could have a wife or girlfriend that he is controlling or abusive to and she is afraid of him, or protecting him. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanmark