Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abby and Libby will always be fondly remembered. This perp once put away will be forgotten except for the occasional reference of "remember that coward that killed those two brave, smart beautiful girls?", what was his name again.... Their names, however, will never be forgotten.
Snipped for brevity. BBM
Woke up to your "rambling" :) Very nicely said! May they apprehend that useless coward asap!

artfrog I am the same! argh!!
following so many cases I often surmise how often people get away from a life /death scenario and how many people freeze with fear and ultimately keep themselves in a dire situation.
its a terrible unlucky trate to have imo :confused:

I mean its not in either fight or flight camp......just limbo helpless.:oops:

**reminder to us all.**
in a peril emergency yell at those around you because usually that's all it takes to get their brains to kick into gear.;)
Someone, somewhere said, "If someone puts a gun to your head and tells you to get in the car, run like hell, because what's going to happen to you if you get in that car is a lot worse." And that's, the truth! JMO, of course.

What I'd really like to see is someone take the newly released sketch and super impose a beard, a goatee and mustache and see what he looks like with any one of those :) I highly doubt he appears like that sketch two weeks on. If he does, he's really, really, stupid. JMO

ETA: If you do that, PLEASE don't post it here :)

Hi, everyone. As you see, I´m new here.
I was deeply touched by this case and I am so, so sorry for the girls and their families...

I keep thinking about all this stuff all over again and the first thing that always comes to my mind is that there´s something "out of joint" from the beginning of this uncanny case.

Wrong premises, maybe.

I recall in a Ted Bundy interview just prior to his execution that he said he came from a good, loving Christian home. Obviously the heinous things he did spoke nothing of religion. He did say he believed that *advertiser censored* played a large role in what he became and what he did. Perhaps this is all BG needed to set him off as well although there could be multiple factors.

A little OT, but what struck me most in the interview with TB was how well spoken he was and how "normal" he appeared, other than being on Death Row. Truly frightening. I could see how women could have been easily lured by him.
I think Ted Bundy actually did not come from a good home behind the scenes. It is suspected his grandfather impregnated his mother as a teenager so father and grandfather were same. The grandparents raised him until mother married. I will sometimes reference religious association because some hide bad deeds well because of religious reputation.

See I was thinking that the video was continuous and that's where they extracted the 'down the hill' audio clip from after he got closer. I can't imagine that Libby would stop the recording, then start another video or audio recording after he got closer.
LE have said they have lots of recording but it's the "stuff of nightmares" which leads us to believe IMO that she stuck the phone in her pocket and continued recording.

I think it's multiple factors that help slide these men off the deep end toward murder and deviations.
Sleazy *advertiser censored* is just one factor in some cases but often these men
had tortuous abuse either physical or emotional and many also
had sexual abuse as youngsters.
The fact that many of them are sexually and emotionally stunted
is common. They just stopped developing in a normal way.
They still tend to act out their fantasies of young immature boys.
And if they don't learn to be charming personally like TB, and
they don't have attractive looks, it adds to their difficulty in
forming relationships with females their own age. They are in
so many ways so maladjusted.
Frankly, I wonder how savvy the locals are around Delphi to even recognized this perp's dorkiness and deviancy. Maybe
his own family are backward in that area. Strong adherance
to religious mores can hide so much.

I´d like to share my opinions and remarks with you, if you are interested in it.

The bridge guy looks definitely fortyish to me. His clothing, his physique, his gait: everything. He is definitely not walking like a younger person, in my opinion. Of course it may be wrong.

He could have- and maybe had- few layers of clothing on, to escape murder scene afterwards easier, without being stained all over. Maybe that is the reason he looks bigger and heavier than he is.

Considering his gait, in GH 3D reenactment video someone had posted here, I´ve seen that the bridge guy was about 2o meters/ 70 feet away from the girls by the time Libby took a video of him.

That close to the end of the bridge, he didn´t have to pace so cautiously, neither he did have to look down to avoid falling- the bridge is not high at that point.

Also, his voice is strangely calm when he addresses the girls. He is either psychopath to be that cool, knowing what he will do to them, or something even worse. Psychotics are usually so detached and "underexposed" in contact, this could be an option, maybe.

These are the first things that cross my mind when I think of this horror.

Hi, everyone. As you see, I´m new here.
I was deeply touched by this case and I am so, so sorry for the girls and their families...

I keep thinking about all this stuff all over again and the first thing that always comes to my mind is that there´s something "out of joint" from the beginning of this uncanny case.

Wrong premises, maybe.

Welcome to Websleuths JustEve. Thank you for joining us and for caring about Abigail and Liberty.

I only recently came to this case and thread so forgive me if this has already been covered. After watching a clip from HLN where they mentioned that LE have DNA, just not the nature of the DNA I started thinking about 23andMe and other such companies. Is it possible, now that the investigation has shifted gears, that if they have enough DNA to spare, could they have reached out to one of the DNA testing companies? Here's and excerpt from the link:

A Major DNA-Testing Company Is Sharing Some of Its Data With the FBI. Here’s Where It Draws the Line
BBM

"The move is of concern to more than just privacy-minded FamilyTreeDNA customers. One person sharing genetic information also exposes those to whom they are closely related. That’s how police caught the alleged Golden State Killer. A study last year estimated that only 2% of the population needs to have done a DNA test for virtually everyone’s genetic information to be represented in that data.

Doubling Data
FamilyTreeDNA’s cooperation with the FBI more than doubles the amount of genetic data law enforcement already had access to through GEDmatch. On a case-by-case basis, the company has agreed to test DNA samples for the FBI and upload profiles to its database, allowing law enforcement to see familial matches to crime-scene samples. FamilyTreeDNA said law enforcement may not freely browse genetic data but rather has access only to the same information any user might."

ETA: Come to think of it, they would already have the "profile" they would just have to submit that to the company for some kind of match, right?

Last edited:
If anyone wants to get a better idea of what Investigators were dealing with and why we can't make out exact characteristics try this

Take a photo of a someone standing 70 yrds away

use photo shop or equiv and zoom in on it till it becomes pixilated

You will be amazed at how many false characteristics you think you see

then put the original photo up next to it and see how many individual characteristics you can match up

If its an image of someone you know well you can make out some unique characteristics

Now imagine that its a photo of a complete stranger

My point is anything you likely can find of unique facial features of BG are likely not an actual representation of what actually is there, they are simply manipulated blurry pixels

If LE took liberty with enhancements - they could end up with an image quite different from the individual at large, which would be problematic for arrest AND prosecution.

If LE took liberty with enhancements - they could end up with an image quite different from the individual at large, which would be problematic for arrest AND prosecution.

Correct I think they cleared it up as best could be done so as not make things seen that simply are not there. Pixels are pixels
And a low resolution photo can’t be made to have more of them

Yes, which is why LE stressed at pc- "look at body, movement and gestures" not necessarily at face.
I totally agree with you that we may be surprised that in real life,
perp won't be a great matchup to sketches.

IIRC and there are MSM links in previous threads that explain it exactly.

The originally released sketch was from a witness that came forward 5 months later with information about a person they saw that day that they thought might be important to the investigation.

Only the latest sketch was done early on(3 days after the murders)

I wanted to address this.
I have followed this case, the media and LE releases and of course here. I seem to have gotten the idea during the release of the initial (OBG) sketch they there was some wording during the PC that led me to believe the phone was their “witness”.
Early on we’ve concluded that there were 5-7 people on the trails. Within days LE said they had spoken to everyone KNOWN to be on the trail that day ( meaning anyone that was seen or came forward) and only person missing was this mystery man from the phone. Months go by and no mystery man and no one else comes forward to state they were on the trail.
Then a sketch of OBG is released. A very clear, parabon-esk sketch. Nothing. Then last month we have that they have circled around and we have a new guy.
So I’m thinking that the new guy sketch was seen near the trails by a person and LE was notified early and either the description matched someone that had been interviewed and unofficially “cleared” or was never interviewed at all because all signs pointed to OBG.
I agree that with all those layers of clothes he looks older. I feel the clothes are part disguise, part protection, part practicality. Which makes me believe he absolutely had a hat on. Why risk leaving hair at the scene?
Secondly I think the voice matched OBG, but now I truly believe he was not using he regular speaking voice, but rather a voice that sounded more authoritative and masculine.
This book is all my opinion.

Yesterday we were discussing if foot prints would be visible with all the leaves on the ground—-at 1:56 in this video you can see how when RL/neighbor walks, there seem to be foot impressions that are made in the leaves imo, they get scrunched down so to speak. Now how detailed these would be on leaves, I’m not sure.

Last edited:
I have posted something similar once before but I'll do it again, bc I think it is of importance to consider that the murders could be motivated by other causes than what is mostly discused:

My theory (one of them):
The killer's motive was to silence one of the girls, I believe Libby, bc she knew something about him that would ruin his life if it came out, and that Libby may have threatened to tell what she knew. Abby was just at the wrong place at the wrong time and the killer choose to kill her too bc she was wittness.

The killers MO was that of a lust killer, possibly sexual motivated, and that he choose that MO to make the murders look as something else than it actually was in order to misslead police.

How would the killer know that Libby was on the bridge?
If the killer was facebook friend and/or Instagram follower of Libby maybe Libby might have posted on FB (privat message to someone?) or snapchat on Instagram something about going to the bridge so he would know.
Or he was stalking Libby, waiting in a car close to her home and followed when Libby and Abby left Libby's home by car ?

Also, we know that there was several in Libby's close circles that knew ( not that I suspect any of her family members) that the girls was going to the bridge, maybe one them have mentioned something to someone, by phone, or social media like ; " -Ok, but I just have to bring my sister (or; my daughter etc) to/from the bridge then I have time to *advertiser censored*" and like that the knowledge of were the girls were heading may have slipped out from the family inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member