Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #99

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no way to know if this small group you mention all live in Delphi. People in small towns know everyone who "travels in their own circles," which is true of any city or town; large or small, throughout the country. (And maybe the sketches are not good likenesses.) Respectfully... It's doubtful Alzheimers has anything to do with anything or anybody in this double murder case.
ETA: jmo.

I mentioned this small group as the illustration.

People in small towns - maybe just in my country, I don´t know for US- usually know their fellow citizens very well and some of them even pry into their neighbors´ lives.

The amount of citizens of Delphi who don´t know whom they have met on the street, strolling in the park etc. amazes me. In small cities in my country this wouldn´t be possible. Maybe it´s due to mentality difference.

Alzheimer´s was just a joke, I am sorry if it was offensive in any way, I didn´t mean it to be rude.

Last edited:
Like most posters, I am finding the change from the old sketch to this new sketch hard to fathom. Especially when considering the previous suspects/POI's that were named (one of which was over 70 years old ). So now we have a young 20-40 year old portrayed in the new sketch. Are his eyes still 'not blue' and hair 'reddish brown' and his height and weight the same? (5' 10" 180-200 lbs from memory )

I think it's possible that the saying they were looking for the car was not what Riley intended to say exactly. I think he meant looking for info about the driver of the car as was said in the PC. We obsess over these details but they don't in the same way. MOO, I have no idea, it just seems that since at the PC they said they are looking for the "driver" and didn't say "and vehicle" that he probably was just not careful with his words today. We've seen that quite a bit in this case MOO.

Also... this mystery vehicle. It's really changed pretty much my whole thinking on this case. Sure, the sketch switcheroo is a big deal, of course, but the fact that BG was mobile, that's a big game-changing bit of info. Bigger than the new sketch possibly. It really came across, to me, in Feb 2017 and for the next two plus years, that they felt BG was most likely someone that passed through and they had no idea where he could be. Remember all the billboards? Remember did you see someone hitchhiking? Remember possible POI's in other states reported to IN LE by the other states? Things like that. And now there's a vehicle "driver" parked nearby and not only that but they are sure this person has connections to Delphi and is somewhere around nearby. I'm not sure what my point is just that the "vehicle" changes so much about this case. For me, anyway. moo
Or Riley may be saying what Carter mangled trying to say during the PC. ;)

Like most posters, I am finding the change from the old sketch to this new sketch hard to fathom. Especially when considering the previous suspects/POI's that were named (one of which was over 70 years old ). So now we have a young 20-40 year old portrayed in the new sketch. Are his eyes still 'not blue' and hair 'reddish brown' and his height and weight the same? (5' 10" 180-200 lbs from memory )
It really doesn't make much sense, does it?

LE have clarified at various times that anyone who they receive a tip on is considered POI, ie a person they might be interested in. They have never named a suspect other than the unidentified person on the bridge.

“Not blue eyes” did not appear on the FBI poster, ever - Eye color is unknown. The height and weight is unchanged, possibly because that estimation was derived from the photo.

In my opinion it’s not important if the person who’s eventually charged looks exactly like latest sketch, only that he’s the person who’s responsible. The LE sketch artist who assisted the witness gave it a “ballpark” likeness.

I think it's possible that the saying they were looking for the car was not what Riley intended to say exactly. I think he meant looking for info about the driver of the car as was said in the PC. We obsess over these details but they don't in the same way. MOO, I have no idea, it just seems that since at the PC they said they are looking for the "driver" and didn't say "and vehicle" that he probably was just not careful with his words today. We've seen that quite a bit in this case MOO.

Also... this mystery vehicle. It's really changed pretty much my whole thinking on this case. Sure, the sketch switcheroo is a big deal, of course, but the fact that BG was mobile, that's a big game-changing bit of info. Bigger than the new sketch possibly. It really came across, to me, in Feb 2017 and for the next two plus years, that they felt BG was most likely someone that passed through and they had no idea where he could be. Remember all the billboards? Remember did you see someone hitchhiking? Remember possible POI's in other states reported to IN LE by the other states? Things like that. And now there's a vehicle "driver" parked nearby and not only that but they are sure this person has connections to Delphi and is somewhere around nearby. I'm not sure what my point is just that the "vehicle" changes so much about this case. For me, anyway. moo
Such a seemingly small detail makes such a big difference. It just might be a family car, used by a few. Police may just be looking to put that particular person at the scene between 1-5 the day of yhe murders. Especially if someone is giving him an alibi. AJMO

I'm sorry about the double post.

This is in response to Cherokee re DNA. Respectfully, I disagree that that is always the case concerning DNA automatically equaling an arrest. DNA only cases have been challenged recently. There is a case pending at the state supreme court level...can someone help me out, I'm drawing a blank on the case name? It's a case in the midwest, Wisconsin or Michigan, I believe. The man committed the crime(s) in Wisconsin but was arrested in MI, IIRC??? Some states have ruled that DNA alone is not enough to arrest. These challenges have come about because DNA advances are so rapid, with the multiple ways of using DNA that you referenced (sounds like fascinating work, btw) and being able to test such a minuscule amount of touch DNA. I don't know if they have his DNA. I'm just saying that depending on the type of DNA, they may need corroboration.

Last edited:
LE have clarified at various times that anyone who they receive a tip on is considered POI, ie a person they might be interested in. They have never named a suspect other than the unidentified person on the bridge.

“Not blue eyes” did not appear on the FBI poster, ever - Eye color is unknown. The height and weight is unchanged, possibly because that estimation was derived from the photo.

In my opinion it’s not important if the person who’s eventually charged looks exactly like latest sketch, only that he’s the person who’s responsible. The LE sketch artist who assisted the witness gave it a “ballpark” likeness.
I wonder if part of their new strategy was looking more closely at people who provided tips, that didn't do so anonymously.

Can someone local or familiar with the area of crime answer:
Is area of crime an advertised park with signage?
How would non-locals even know about the area to hike?
Maybe it's just logical that locals know about this area if it's
not widely known as a 'park'.
I suspect that's why LE says it's someone local to Delphi.

There are signs here and there. The park is on various maps and the high bridge is an historic site. Various websites about the area mention the park. I mean, it's a marked trail.People who enjoy railroad history, walking trails, railroad bridges, pretty places to take pictures, etc. visit it. Many people go there to have their senior pictures or prom pictures taken. While it's not right in the middle of town, it isn't hidden either. People have criticized the family for dropping the girls off "in the middle of the woods", but it's not even that far from downtown. We're not talking about the Appalachian Trail here. GPS can get you there, though parking can sometimes be a problem. It's mostly a place where locals go, but it is not without reason to think that people visit it from other areas, too. There aren't that many high bridges left. IMO it is not isolated or unknown enough to think that only locals know about it. It's not necessarily a place that you'd find if you were just driving around, but if you already know about it then it's not hard to find. If LE think BG is local, then I don't think it's simply because he was present at the park that day.

The first suspect sketch was according to several witness descriptions, based on Sgt. Holeman's interview, (he is FBI now I believe), when that original sketch was released in July 2017. The BG stills do not show hair or eye color, so are they still as stated in July 2017, or now of unknown colors? Would help if LE can clarify or say if they don't now actually know.

Yes, I would think so. A paper trail would be good info.

At this point in time, I worry that the darn thing has been crushed for recycling, or dismantled and sold for parts.

yes, me too...

Personally I just think its more cut and dry than that.

They want to find out what car it is and who was driving it

I'm going with they only have info of a fuzzy recollection of it from 1 or more witnesses

JMO

So LE knows or heard rumors of a car that was parked there but no witnesses seeing the car.
Something doesn't add up. A witness must have told LE about the car in the first place the make/model/color at least to go from. Or they know exactly the car and who owns but want them to come forth on their own with info. It is confusing.

I mentioned this small group as the illustration.

People in small towns - maybe just in my country, I don´t know for US- usually know their fellow citizens very well and some of them even pry into their neighbors´ lives.

The amount of citizens of Delphi who don´t know whom have they met on the street, strolling in the park etc. amazes me. In small cities in my country this wouldn´t be possible. Maybe it´s due to mentality difference.

Alzheimer´s was just a joke, I am sorry if it was offensive in any way, I didn´t mean it to be rude.

The world has gotten much bigger these days. In the past, people tended to live, work, and socialize within the same town so it was natural for most people to know each other. That is no longer so. People who live in Delphi may not work there at all-they may commute to other towns. Likewise, people who live in other towns may work in Delphi. With Main Streets all over the country shutting down due to urbanization, it's difficult to find shopping places so people drive to other towns, or counties, or go online. The sense of "community" slips further away each year, too. You are no longer limited to only socializing with your neighbors; these days our "friends" can literally be located all over the world. Urbanization, social media sites, broadband internet, the closing of local businesses...these things are happening everywhere. It's not a "mentality", it's just something that's happening.

My entire county only has 3,000 people. I've lived here for 15 years. While I know many people by sight, I certainly couldn't say that I know everyone. Likewise, I've been traveling back and forth to Delphi for almost 40 years. My family has lived there for even longer. None of us would say that we know everyone who lives there, though some of the people who have public roles in the town are at least recognizable by sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24