Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible to be both neglected, abused, and also have an accidental fall. Children do fall.

Allegedly, last August, MD had accidental fall-- hitting corner edge of table with her head.

However, Physician was not able to determine if head injury was result of abuse.

The children were removed by CPS last August, and returned to BB in Feb 2019.

Once removed by the agency, children typically return to parents under monitored care, and remain under temporary custody of DFPS for at least 180 days. This appears to be true with MD as there's a hearing for permanent custody scheduled on about 5/22/19.

Whether or not either parent is granted custody of their children from DFPS later this month is yet to be determined.

I'm curious what the monitored reports beginning Feb will cite.

I could be wrong but I don't get the feeling the reports will be favorable to the bio parents.

MOO

I get that it’s policy, but IMO, it’s bad policy. How many children have to die before we realize that reunification is not always the right answer?

Whoah. That's unsettling.
Both of them ?
So why would BB be considered for Maleah to be placed with ?

Exactly!!!!

@PommyMommy
“He is 26.”
Sorry couldn’t reply due to thread closed.
Ty, so he just looks 50. OK. MOO

It may be that there's a reason he looks older than he is. Possible that he got clean, and backslid? Just a guess. I've seen folks age 10 years in less than one. He has tendency change up the spelling of his name too. Sketchy.

I've been thinking about possible places that the car could be parked. I don't think its in the river. It's too complex with a 2 year old in tow.

Working off the idea that truths in the midst of lies, the very first media article refers to north Houston. Several members here thought it happened in Humble. I'm not sure why it started with north Houston. Did POI mess up again?

"Police said the motive in the kidnapping incident and its original north Houston location are unknown at this time."

The other location is the airport which is reported continuously. He was definitely not there Friday night, but could very easily have been there Saturday night between 3 pm and 10 pm. How does he get back across town? Uber of course.....drops him anywhere in the area and he walks over to the hospital.

SPECULATION!!

Police release additional information in case of missing Maleah Davis
I figured he picked Humble because it was far from the crime scene. He’s using the “go look over there, not in my backyard” approach. I think something happened previously, maybe Wed or Thurs. Just thinking of the popular show 48 hours, he figured if he reported the crime 48 hours after it happened the trail would be cold and the detectives would have a harder time. Not saying it’s accurate but he doesn’t come across as a particularly bright bulb given the crazy story.

IMOO

I cannot fathom what the bio father is going through. Poor Maleah suffered the major brain injury and I would think antennas were way up as to how that happened.

Can these bio fathers get custody of their children when bio Mom has interactions with CPS? Does anyone know what kind of relationship they had.....were they on friendly or decent co parenting terms?

HOW CAN WE STOP THIS MADNESS?? :(

Bio father was accused of having a “history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect” along with BB. See video above.

I figured he picked Humble because it was far from the crime scene. He’s using the “go look over there, not in my backyard” approach. I think something happened previously, maybe Wed or Thurs. Just thinking of the popular show 48 hours, he figured if he reported the crime 48 hours after it happened the trail would be cold and the detectives would have a harder time. Not saying it’s accurate but he doesn’t come across as a particularly bright bulb given the crazy story.

IMOO
Let's hope either LE reads this or they notice the initial disparity in line with his other mis-statements.

I wonder how long he spent hitting his own head to make it appear he was assaulted.

Hopefully they will find the implement at his home. Shovel? Tamper? Iron skillet? I think he's possibly fallen off the wagon, was geekin' out maybe, and hurt her and he then had to do something. She's old enough to tell someone, or it was visible. His son would be taken too.

As nuts as it is, he's put a lot of thought into this story. I think she may have been gone prior to that night, but that night was the night he had to have the story, and act it out. A possibly unwitting accomplice would almost have to be of some assistance. Maybe they'll come forward.

Here we go again....ALL failed this sweet baby.
Court documents said Maleah and her older brother were physically abused and neglected by Bowens and Davis. In another section of the court documents, a doctor couldn't confirm whether Maleah's injuries were caused by abuse and Bowens was in parenting classes.

"Brittany Bowens has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect," court documents said. "Craig Davis has engaged in a history or pattern of child abuse and child neglect."

Why CPS says Maleah Davis was pulled from her home last year

Hello all,
I've been a member for awhile...(lurk all the time)

Praying for sweet Meleah! My heart breaks in crimes against little ones.
DV has some explaining to do. His story is ridiculous! If that was my child, he would have more then a bump on his head.
They need to have him take a lie detector, unless he lawyered up.

MOO

City of Sugar Land‏ @SugarLandtxgov
We've over 7 inches of rain during the past four hours. All major roadways impassable. Seek high ground and avoid driving if possible. More rain is expected. Please report any incidents of house flooding in Sugar Land at http://www.sugarlandtx.gov/OnlineTownHall .

8:13 PM - 7 May 2019

Storm cell is sitting on southwest Houston and not moving. And more heavy rain on the way for the next two days for the Houston area. This is not good for the search. Terrible conditions!

If this has been answered, I apologize. Does Maleah and her older brother have the same Bio dad? I thought I read that, not sure. If they do, then where was older brother? If they have same bio Dad, and he was with Bio Dad, then why not Maleah too? Especially if she was ill, and Mom had a funeral to go to.

My only hope for tonight is that someone who knows where she is has even a shread of conscience left and will see all this rain and just let them go bring this baby in to a safe place. I can’t even say “Home” to a safe place.

BB and Bio Dad were those who were accused of child abuse.

The hearing was in a couple weeks to determine permanence of Maleah being placed with BB.

Cry me a river Bio Dad. You and MD's mom were the reason she was scooped by CPS after her brain injury. Maybe you should be asking your daughter's mother to answer your questions. No way Bio Dad deserved custody of MD, and I'm pretty sure he never applied for custody. One poster said he couldn't even remember when she had her last surgery.

So much going on now...so even if BM is not involved "this time", she is complicit to the actions in this household that set the precedence as to how the parenting was done. I know we cannot sleuth her.....yet. But if she was not involved, why would she allow him to babysit when he already has shown he is capable of abuse? Why didnt bio dad keep Maleah while BM was out of town? Why are these people allowed to get chance after chance with CHILDREN? Why? Why? Why? So much failure, so many chances to ensure her safety along the way....so so very sorry Maleah. I'm done. MOO

So much going on now...so even if BM is not involved "this time", she is complicit to the actions in this household that set the precedence as to how the parenting was done. I know we cannot sleuth her.....yet. But if she was not involved, why would she allow him to babysit when he already has shown he is capable of abuse? Why didnt bio dad keep Maleah while BM was out of town? Why are these people allowed to get chance after chance with CHILDREN? Why? Why? Why? So much failure, so many chances to ensure her safety along the way....so so very sorry Maleah. I'm done. MOO

I guess you didn't see the video--see my post 158.

Bio dad is the one involved in the CPS/abuse case. Not the step dad. Or at least that is how I've understood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member