GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

COVINGTON, Ga. — The second day of the murder trial against Christopher McNabb and Cortney Bell featured some contentious moments early Wednesday as a Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator took the stand and detailed much of the evidence in the case.

The couple is facing multiple charges, including murder, in connection with the 2017 death of two-week-old daughter Caliyah McNabb.

Prosecutors questioned the usefulness of DNA and fingerprint evidence, given the activity inside the trailer where the child went missing on the day she disappeared. The defense attorneys challenged the investigation process and an apparent lack of analysis of much of the key evidence, prompting an investigator to admit that "some things were overlooked."

'Some things were overlooked': Attorneys spar over evidence on Day 2 in trial of 2-week-old's murder

Too much prompting from defence team for my liking. Like when was a television ever mentioned ? Did a television fall onto that sweet baby? The pathologist agreed and said yes a television falling on Caliyah could do that dMage to her! What's going on,

The description of the injuries is horrifying. I hope both parents have nightmares of their violence upon Caliyah each and every night for the rest of their lives.

But realistically, IMO the majority of tears are for themselves.
Yes those tears are for themselves. In the video yesterday when the officer arrived. Cortney wasn't crying when she was showing him where she looked for Caliyah. When she did cry it was only for a second and barely for 1 second.

Yes those tears are for themselves. In the video yesterday when the officer arrived. Cortney wasn't crying when she was showing him where she looked for Caliyah. When she did cry it was only for a second and barely for 1 second.
Jewels, thanks so much for updating the trial proceedings. I've been out of town and could only check in sporadically. I get more and better news here from you than searching on my own!

I'm confident these people will be found guilty no matter what "errors" LE may (or may not) have made during the investigation. First and foremost in a missing child case their priority is to locate the child. Evidence gathering is secondary. I hope the jury will identify with Caliyah and what she suffered at the hands of her parents. MOO.

***WARNING GRAPHIC MATERIAL AHEAD***

She was wearing a purple onesie that read, “Stay away boys, my daddy works out,” and a men’s tank top had been placed over the head of little Caliyah McNabb. But even before conducting the autopsy, a GBI doctor could tell how the 2-week-old Newton County baby had been injured, she testified Wednesday.

“The head was enlarged visually,” Lora Darrisaw, a forensic pathologist, told the court. “By feeling the head, it was very soft and by feeling it you could tell there were already broken bones.”

The autopsy revealed Caliyah had multiple skull fractures, and some bones in her head were held together by only soft tissue, Darrisaw said. The newborn’s injuries were caused by “very, very significant force” from either being crushed or from multiple impacts, she said. The cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and the manner was homicide, according to Darrisaw.

GBI doctor: Newborn Caliyah had multiple skull fractures

COVINGTON, Ga. — An aunt's tears, details of an infant's autopsy and stiff questions about the moment Cortney Bell and Chris McNabb learned of their daughter's death highlighted an emotionally charged second day of the murder trial against the two Wednesday.

A jury also got a detailed look at the evidence as a Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator took the stand for much of the morning.

Aunt says she thought Chris McNabb did it 'from the get-go' in emotional second day of baby murder trial

A Newton County, Georgia, jury are taking a 6-mile trip with deputies on Wednesday, on the second day of the murder trial against the parents of a newborn, who are accused of killing the infant and hiding her body.

The jury, according to AJC, will travel to the Eagle Pointe mobile home park in Covington, where 15-day-old Caliyah lived with her parents, Christopher McNabb and Courtney Bell. Both parents are currently on trial for the baby’s murder.

Jurors will also see the secluded, wooded area where Caliyah was ultimately buried. In October 2017, a day after Bell reported Caliyah missing, a volunteer search team found the baby around 900 yards from her family home. Caliyah, just five pounds, was wrapped inside a Nike drawstring bag that prosecutors said belonged to McNabb.

Caliyah McNabb: Jurors take trip to see where newborn was carelessly discarded after parents allegedly beat her in head until she died

COVINGTON, Ga. — An aunt's tears, details of an infant's autopsy and stiff questions about the moment Cortney Bell and Chris McNabb learned of their daughter's death highlighted an emotionally charged second day of the murder trial against the two Wednesday.

A jury also got a detailed look at the evidence as a Newton County Sheriff's Office investigator took the stand for much of the morning.

Aunt says she thought Chris McNabb did it 'from the get-go' in emotional second day of baby murder trial
From your link:
And Bell's mother, Pamela Hamby, struggled under the prosecution's questioning to explain why McNabb fled a car they were riding in when Bell found out through a phone call that their baby had been found dead.

"He jumps out of the car, leaving the mother of his child to go by herself to where the baby is found?" prosecutors asked Hamby. "Are you saying he was a coward, he was afraid?"

"I'm not saying either," Hamby said.

"Why did he jump out of the car?"

"I have no idea."

Hamby later read a statement she originally gave to investigators.

"He said that if they found it anywhere near the house they are going to blame us."
"He said that if they found it anywhere near the house they are going to blame us."

It?? OMG, did no one see Caliyah as a human being? I'm so angry.

Am I reading this right?
"After that, the phone Cortney was on talking to me, it went dead," Weatherford said. "But before it went dead I could hear people in the car and I heard someone tell Chris to run."

That turned out to be Hamby, Bell's biological mother who Tim Bell said a day earlier didn't have much of a role in raising her. Hamby is also the sister of Michael McNabb, Chris McNabb's father.

Hamby was in a car with Bell, McNabb, her grandson and the mother of her grandson when Bell received the news about Caliyah's death.

She said they were driving to a news interview Bell was supposed to give. She also said they had "smoked a blunt" that day.
Aunt says she thought Chris McNabb did it 'from the get-go' in emotional day 2 of baby murder trial
Cortney's biological mother is is the sister of Chris McNabb's father?

I remember hearing rumors but we weren't allowed to talk about it as it was not mentioned in msm.

And Cortney's mother, Cortney and Chris were smoking "blunts" while Caliyah was being searched for?

Family of the year.

What got under my skin was the 911 call from the mom. She was calling Calyiah like she was a lost dog. Like she was gonna crawl back up to her at any moment. I could tell then that she knew what happened to the baby. How horrific for Calyiah.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back