Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always good to read that MD's face and name are trending!! :DAnd a plus for Social Media.

Unfortunately, what is the chance of MD getting from Houston to New Jersey by Saturday afternoon?

Not very good at all...o_O

i think lafayette refers to louisiana, in this situation. it's about a 2.-2.5 hour drive from houston! and not too far from lake charles, where grandma promised to take maleah if she were found (lake charles is just over the border of texas)! this could actually be GOOD news! maybe they really are trying to hide this little girl with family close by in louisiana, and she's not dead!!! (grandma also admitted they had a lot of family in louisiana in her news interview!) i am hopeful after reading this report. i am aware it's a long shot, but what a twist if the sighting is legit.

could this whole charade be about taking her over state lines or something while there is an investigation? very interesting @ this sighting. i hope we hear more about this today.

Last edited:
This is likely why TES ended up back near their home yesterday. The 69th and Greens story, coupled with his epic roadtrip with the 3 kidnappers was fabricated to create a search area well outside of his actual movements, which probably weren't that far from home.

I wonder if he ever even made it that far. I've also wondered how long they keep the cam videos. I wonder if he's run the route before. Practice.

Good to see the ground is dry and they are not underwater where BB and volunteers handing out flyers.

I wish BB was trying to get answers from DV, and let others hand out flyers.

My thought is that BB should be talking with LE about the period around the head injury last year.

I think BB said Maleah was sick a few weeks before the table incident. The results of the table injury sound too severe to have been caused only by tat fall. The LEO described it as a traumatic brain injury. I am not medically trained but I'm learning too much from the cases in this forum about this type of injury. Maleah didn't just need a few stitches, it does sound more like a traumatic brain injury of the type when kids are abused and coroners say the brain damage was caused by forces akin to being in a car crash, and that doesn't seem likely to have occurred solely through the table fall.

So, what if Maleah had already had the TBI and without bruising the mom and nurses didn't suspect it. Then a few weeks later the table fall happens and is a lot more severe due to the earlier injury that I am positing?

If BB could go over that period with an officer and police doctor, and go over all the symptoms that took Maleah to hospital prior to the table fall and exactly who had been around Maleah at the time, it might turn out that the police could bring charges against DV for that incident, and if he's already looking at a sizeable prison term for nearly killing a child during the commission of abuse, maybe that might help him admit that he has gone too far in the past, he did go too far while BB was out of state and he was stressed looking after the kids alone and he panicked and hid the body.

So that's something I'd be checking into if I was in charge.

i think lafayette refers to louisiana, in this situation. it's about a 2.-2.5 hour drive from houston! and not too far from lake charles, where grandma promised to take maleah if she were found (lake charles is just over the border of texas)! this could actually be GOOD news! maybe they really are trying to hide this little girl with family close by in louisiana, and she's not dead!!! (grandma also admitted they had a lot of family in louisiana in her news interview!) i am hopeful after reading this report. i am aware it's a long shot, but what a twist if the sighting is legit.

could this whole charade be about taking her over state lines or something while there is an investigation? very interesting @ this sighting. i hope we hear more about this today.
Valid observations but the reported sighting referenced was, in fact, in New Jersey. It was reported in the NJ Herald, a small local newspaper. Police probe report that missing girl was seen in Lafayette

I imagine LE are getting sighting reports from all over the country.

Thank you for the link. Cheryl Mercedes with KHOU, her editor and a family law attorney have read all 300 pages of the court document. There was an allegation made against Craig Davis, but nothing was proven. The same charge levied against BB, resulted in a "reason to believe" there was "neglectful supervison". Furthermore it appears he had little to no involvement in her life. Maybe this will be clarified as the case moves forward.

My point is that whatever happened to Maleah on July 10 and July 28 of 2018, had nothing to do with her biodad.
Yes, it sounds to me like there were indications that the child was being physically abused, but they were unable to prove it or at least that either parent was abusive.
If a person living with you is abusing your child, the parent is still ultimately responsible for the child's safety.
This may be why both parents were found to be neglectful, even though the father was not around or involved in the child's life.
What is significant to me is that all this occurred soon after the "stepfather" came into the picture, and they had a child together.
It seems obvious that he is the one who was abusing this child, although we don't have all the details yet. Imo

Valid observations but the reported sighting referenced was, in fact, in New Jersey. It was reported in the NJ Herald, a small local newspaper. Police probe report that missing girl was seen in Lafayette

I imagine LE are getting sighting reports from all over the country.

dang it. you are correct. i apologize for not reading the link in its entirety and assuming lafayette was the one in la. i was suffering from a momentary lapse of "wishful thinking." :)

Katherine Marchand on Twitter
SEARCH RESUMES: Rain put the search for Maleah Davis on hold. It picks back up today. PRIORITY: Finding her step-dad's car https://abc13.co/2V6R9gw #MaleahDavis #FINDMALEAH
D6HvkWMWkAUEY9N.jpg

6:13 AM - 9 May 2019

Has it been reported in MSM that BB, DV and the children we living with BB2 last year when the head injury occurred?

ETA: I found it:
“Maleah was living with her grandmother, mother Brittany Bowens, and Bowens’ boyfriend, Derion Vence, and was only taken to the hospital at the urging of her grandmother, who was at work at the time of Maleah's injury, according to court records.”

Why did missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis need brain surgery?

Last edited:
You think she called him in to watch the kids during her trip? Maybe he actually lived with his bro? Or? Tysm
I was thinking that recently, BB and DV were living together with the kids, when they had previously been living with BB2.

But... It was just a thought, nothing I'm committed to. The only thoughts I'm committed to at this point are that DV's story stinks to high heaven and that he needs to tell LE where Maleah is.

Last edited:
Jason Miles on Twitter
Happening later: TX Equusearch will resume its ground search for #MaleahDavis in her family’s neighborhood. Trained volunteers told to expect muddy conditions. Finding car from which Maleah’s stepdad claims she was abducted “very high priority.” Stay w/@KHOU #khou11 #htownrush
D6Hz5IXXoAAY4d-.jpg
D6Hz5IUXsAAbfZg.jpg

6:31 AM - 9 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Steve Campion on Twitter
DAY SIX - There’s still no sign of Maleah Davis. Where is she? Was she really abducted by three men? We know police are still working this case. We’ll keep you posted on any & all developments. #abc13 #hounews #MaleahDavis
6:52 AM - 9 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Last edited:
Maleah's mother asks public for help in search for missing 4-year-old
[...]

“We need more volunteers—please,” said Maleah's mom BB in an exclusive interview with Fox 26 Wednesday.

BB is asking anyone reading the news to join her Thursday to help search and spread the word about Maleah.

“We’re gonna be passing out flyers on Beltway 8 and Bissonnet at the McDonald’s," said BB. "Please come out and support and help us find Maleah. We’ll be meeting between 10:30 and 11 a.m. Please be there. We need you. Please.”

Houston Police were seen revisiting Maleah’s apartment complex Wednesday where neighbors remain baffled.

[...]

Texas Equusearch called off Wednesday's ground search efforts, citing flooding in the areas they had planned to look. They searched by air instead, riding a helicopter low along the Brazos River, all the way from the Gulf of Mexico to Hwy 59, according to Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller. He told Fox 26 rode the chopper looking for any sign of the missing silver Nissan or Maleah. He said volunteers plan to resume the ground search on Thursday.

[...]

Last edited:
Jason Miles on Twitter
Happening later: TX Equusearch will resume its ground search for #MaleahDavis in her family’s neighborhood. Trained volunteers told to expect muddy conditions. Finding car from which Maleah’s stepdad claims she was abducted “very high priority.” Stay w/@KHOU #khou11 #htownrush
D6Hz5IXXoAAY4d-.jpg
D6Hz5IUXsAAbfZg.jpg

6:31 AM - 9 May 2019 from Houston, TX

Steve Campion on Twitter
DAY SIX - There’s still no sign of Maleah Davis. Where is she? Was she really abducted by three men? We know police are still working this case. We’ll keep you posted on any & all developments. #abc13 #hounews #MaleahDavis
6:52 AM - 9 May 2019 from Houston, TX
Interesting that the car is the priority but there is no mention of finding the blue truck, which would lead to finding the three kidnappers.
It seems LE does not believe any of his story.
I hope the car leads them to Maleah, or at least some evidence to determine what happened to her.
The family must be frantic not knowing where she is or if she is even alive.
I wonder if BB still believes his story. That she isn't staying with him gives me the feeling she doesn't.
I wish this guy would just man up and tell LE what really happened! Even if this was a tragic accident that he is trying to cover up, it's not doing him any good by keeping quiet or telling stories . Imo

Looking at the pictures of Maleah,they all seem to be pre-surgery. Has anyone seen any that are post-surgery? That type of surgery would alter what she looks like - even after they replaced/repaired the flap. Does she even have enough hair for that cute pink bow he describes?

IDK, things just don't seem right. Timing as far as mom reported her daughter missing. MD having the flu? I guess if my daughter was in recovery I would be communicating with her every hour on the hour and doing everything I can to get answers. I wouldn't be posting and arguing with peeps on SM and saying LMAO, setting up a go fund me.
MOO
IMO: since Maleah was in a medically fragile state, she would have been vaccinated against the flu. If indeed she had the flu, I imagine that she would have been seen by her pediatrician or urgent care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes