IL IL - 75 Women in Chicago Strangled / Who is the Chicago Strangler, Serial Killer?

thanks, @HumboldtOz ! if you watch how gray lays it out, you will have no doubts something very nefarious has been happening in chicago for many years. he has a list of 50+ women (ALL prostitutes, ALL strangulation) that he places on the map by where/how they were found. i believe there were up to 30 found in alleys, with the rest being found in abandoned buildings or trash dispensers. once you see it presented that way, it's undeniable.

I started a serial killer Chicago thread. It’s called Is There a Serial Killer in Chicago? Do a search and you will find it. I will post this video there. Why not? Something odd is going on in Chicago and police are finally investigating connections.

The Murder Accountability Project who connected other serial killer activity in other cities believes there is a serial killer working in Chicago.

Is There A Serial Killer On The Loose In Chicago? Dozens Of Similar Cases Unsolved

CPD to probe whether serial killer at work in 51 unsolved murders of women

Murder Accountability Project: Chicago detectives review 51 murders as possible serial killings
Police collected 21 DNA samples from the 51 women. NONE of them matched. Police have said there is ZERO evidence that this is the work of a serial killer. They are only doing a review due to the number of activists that have demanded it. I live in Chicago along with almost 10 million other people. 51 murders are not unusual and the majority of the murdered women were prostitutes working in areas known for drug and gang violence. The murders were also over 18 YEARS. IMO this is NOT a serial killer, but indicative of a murder rate for a city this size that is of the norm, especially with a lifestyle that exposes the woman to harm.

“The issue at hand is we don’t see these murders in Lincoln Park. We don’t see this on the Magnificent Mile,” the Rev. Gregg Greer said. That's because Lincoln Park is a neighborhood where 1-bedroom apartments will set you back $2,000/month, and a house, even a tiny one, runs in the millions of dollars. The crime rate there is quite low. Rev. Greer is talking about the South and West sides - both are incredibly impoverished and have a serious lack of employment or even social opportunities for residents there. The crime rate, mostly due to gang activity which is a result of the aforementioned causes, is astronomical. I worked on the West Side in Loss Prevention. In the span of 3 years I apprehended over 5,000 people who were stealing, and all of whom fought with me. I have been stabbed once, cut more times than I can even count (my hands are all scarred up), and have been shot at and nearly killed 7 times - once by an 8 year-old boy, again, a gang member. He nearly blew my head off. After all that gun violence I can tell you that when bullets go past your head they sound like bees. And, you can actually see them if you're far away enough, maybe a block or so from the shooter. Bullets look like gray streaks going through the air. I saw a mother and her baby getting shot at; how mom instinctively shielded her baby with her own body. I held an older Hispanic man in my hands as he died - he was beaten by gang member with baseball bats, after which they stole his wallet. They killed him for $30.00. I saw a man dressed in all white that was covered with red paint - like it was splashed all over him. As he walked he left a trail of pain behind him, and I got angry at him, like, "what's this guy's problem, leaving a huge sloppy mess like that". I then watched as he fell forward, and when he struck the floor the red paint splashed all over the place. I went up to him only to see his clothes were covered in stab marks. I turned him over, and he was already dead from blood loss. He had been stabbed, presumably by gang member, around 75 times. I used to always check the back of the store for anything unusual - I'd follow my nose because I'd always find dead bodies back there. One body of a teenage boy was hog-tied (behind his back), blindfolded, and gagged, and had been beaten and stabbed to death - after which he was thrown in the trash. Dead homeless men and heroin addicts were also common finds. The prostitutes would come and go - they'd wash up in our bathroom between clients - then later you'd see them smoking crack or shooting heroin. These women led a very risky lifestyle, and often would wind up deceased after about 9 months of being on the street. Employees of the store were sexually assaulted in our parking lot on a regular basis. People were mugged for their groceries. One elderly woman (around 85 years old) was attacked by a gang who beat her so badly they knocked out most of her teeth - they then robbed her of her measly $10.00. I caught one of the offenders who at first refused to talk to me about who the others involved were But after some 'Chicago Persuasion', I convinced him to come around to my side of things and give up the requested information. I was slashed by a homeless 10 year-old kid; he nearly cut my finger off with a long-blade box cutter that he pulled on me. One man was attacked in the parking lot as he walked to his car - he was robbed of his groceries and his wallet. The suspect beat him senseless, and then ran into our store and hid. With the help of the Chicago police we secured every door, and found him hiding in a box in the cooler. The victim asked the police officers and I if he could just have 5 minutes alone with the criminal - and we all agreed that would probably be a good idea. We had to call an ambulance for the suspect after that. Street justice. I could go on and on and on, but the reality is that it's seriously, seriously doubtful there is any serial killer in Chicago, though I admire the Reverend's efforts to draw attention to the terrible problem of violence and murder in the city's poor and rough neighborhoods, but to me, having lived here for ages and having been in LE and having many friends who are CPD, his accounts seem dramatized. The areas where these women lived/worked/and were found are very dangerous - and unless you've lived there or worked there you have no idea. NO idea at all; humanity can get really, really bad....

“The issue at hand is we don’t see these murders in Lincoln Park. We don’t see this on the Magnificent Mile,” the Rev. Gregg Greer said. That's because Lincoln Park is a neighborhood where 1-bedroom apartments will set you back $2,000/month, and a house, even a tiny one, runs in the millions of dollars. The crime rate there is quite low. Rev. Greer is talking about the South and West sides - both are incredibly impoverished and have a serious lack of employment or even social opportunities for residents there. The crime rate, mostly due to gang activity which is a result of the aforementioned causes, is astronomical. I worked on the West Side in Loss Prevention. In the span of 3 years I apprehended over 5,000 people who were stealing, and all of whom fought with me. I have been stabbed once, cut more times than I can even count (my hands are all scarred up), and have been shot at and nearly killed 7 times - once by an 8 year-old boy, again, a gang member. He nearly blew my head off. After all that gun violence I can tell you that when bullets go past your head they sound like bees. And, you can actually see them if you're far away enough, maybe a block or so from the shooter. Bullets look like gray streaks going through the air. I saw a mother and her baby getting shot at; how mom instinctively shielded her baby with her own body. I held an older Hispanic man in my hands as he died - he was beaten by gang member with baseball bats, after which they stole his wallet. They killed him for $30.00. I saw a man dressed in all white that was covered with red paint - like it was splashed all over him. As he walked he left a trail of pain behind him, and I got angry at him, like, "what's this guy's problem, leaving a huge sloppy mess like that". I then watched as he fell forward, and when he struck the floor the red paint splashed all over the place. I went up to him only to see his clothes were covered in stab marks. I turned him over, and he was already dead from blood loss. He had been stabbed, presumably by gang member, around 75 times. I used to always check the back of the store for anything unusual - I'd follow my nose because I'd always find dead bodies back there. One body of a teenage boy was hog-tied (behind his back), blindfolded, and gagged, and had been beaten and stabbed to death - after which he was thrown in the trash. Dead homeless men and heroin addicts were also common finds. The prostitutes would come and go - they'd wash up in our bathroom between clients - then later you'd see them smoking crack or shooting heroin. These women led a very risky lifestyle, and often would wind up deceased after about 9 months of being on the street. Employees of the store were sexually assaulted in our parking lot on a regular basis. People were mugged for their groceries. One elderly woman (around 85 years old) was attacked by a gang who beat her so badly they knocked out most of her teeth - they then robbed her of her measly $10.00. I caught one of the offenders who at first refused to talk to me about who the others involved were But after some 'Chicago Persuasion', I convinced him to come around to my side of things and give up the requested information. I was slashed by a homeless 10 year-old kid; he nearly cut my finger off with a long-blade box cutter that he pulled on me. One man was attacked in the parking lot as he walked to his car - he was robbed of his groceries and his wallet. The suspect beat him senseless, and then ran into our store and hid. With the help of the Chicago police we secured every door, and found him hiding in a box in the cooler. The victim asked the police officers and I if he could just have 5 minutes alone with the criminal - and we all agreed that would probably be a good idea. We had to call an ambulance for the suspect after that. Street justice. I could go on and on and on, but the reality is that it's seriously, seriously doubtful there is any serial killer in Chicago, though I admire the Reverend's efforts to draw attention to the terrible problem of violence and murder in the city's poor and rough neighborhoods, but to me, having lived here for ages and having been in LE and having many friends who are CPD, his accounts seem dramatized. The areas where these women lived/worked/and were found are very dangerous - and unless you've lived there or worked there you have no idea. NO idea at all; humanity can get really, really bad....

i completely hear what you're saying, and i have read (from the safety of my apartment in sweden) just how crazy it is in chicago with gangs and poverty. i totally understand that MOST of the crime happening in chicago is gang-related. i lived in new orleans for 10 years, i know all about severe, random crime that can consume a city you live in and love. BUT. please watch the video! then come back and let me know if it changes your mind about the POSSIBILITY that there could be a serial killer. i'm not some conspiracy theorist trying to stir up any trouble. i promise. it's undeniable that something weird is happening (and has been happening with these particular killings), and there are numerous task forces that are FINALLY getting the word out (and investigating closely) just recently, in the last couple of months/weeks! i totally respect if we have a difference of opinion here, and that's ok if you don't change your mind after you watch the video. :)

Is this thread about 51 female prostitutes murdered over a span of time in a particular area of Chicago? Or about street crimes involving gangs? Is there a particular suspect or suspects? Or is this some conspiracy theory trying to link crimes that aren't related?

Is this thread about 51 female prostitutes murdered over a span of time in a particular area of Chicago? Or about street crimes involving gangs? Is there a particular suspect or suspects? Or is this some conspiracy theory trying to link crimes that aren't related?

it's about the 51 (+) prostitutes found strangled in alleys, trash receptacles, and abandoned buildings.

Hi,
thanks, @HumboldtOz ! if you watch how gray lays it out, you will have no doubts something very nefarious has been happening in chicago for many years. he has a list of 50+ women (ALL prostitutes, ALL strangulation) that he places on the map by where/how they were found. i believe there were up to 30 found in alleys, with the rest being found in abandoned buildings or trash dispensers. once you see it presented that way, it's undeniable.

Thanks! All very interesting.

I want to focus it on the 51 women who have been killed, but some people seem to be dismissing these women missing on Chicago crime...which they are not correlated. I live in Chicago. Inner city Chicago and the gangs in Chicago are mostly a bunch of young kids who kill themselves over street turf, drugs, or social media arguments. I know, I hear the guns shots. I used to work as a journalist and cover street crime. I used to go to school with gang members. I’m not a researcher. I have family members who are gangs. If you’re dismissing these women’s deaths and missing women in Chicago on the media sensationalization of gang crime then keep your opinion to yourself and not here.

That’s not the problem here and not what I want to discuss. The gang problem in Chicago is a socio-economic problem, a lack of education, a lack of jobs, and a lack of opportunity.

Women showing up dead in garbage cans or tossed along the road is not a gang thing.

The problem I want to keep on focus, and not distract from - and can you people who keep distracting from this stop, because it makes me question your intention here - is that of the women who have gone missing in Chicago and those found killed in Chicago.

This all sounds pretty dramatic. I live in inner city Chicago...and yeah, this doesn’t have anything to do with what I’m trying to discuss here. This honestly all sounds fictionalized.

Again, I live in inner city Chicago. I’ve covered Chicago crime (I’m a former journalist). I went to school with gangs. I have family members who are gang members. I also have family members who are police officers. This personally sounds like an account to me of someone who has watched too much sensationalized media of Chicago crime.

I find it very odd, very, very odd that I’m getting a lot of pushback on Websleuths when I try to discuss these women’s deaths in Chicago. Almost like you people are trying to dismiss these women’s deaths on Chicago gang crime so no one questions that something odd is going on. When I start talking about these women’s deaths it’s the same thing, I have people dismissing their deaths as due to the gang crime in Chicago, which does not correlate.

Chicago gangs and gang members are young. They shoot over silly turf fights, social media fights, hell, there’s a gang war going on in my neighborhood right now and I’ve been talking to our beat commander about it. Chicago gangs function very differently today after major gangs and gang leaders were disbanded and jailed in the 90s and many housing projects demolished.

Chicago gang crime is a socio-economic problem. Not a serial killer problem.

Killing 51 women and throwing their bodies along the road or in garbage cans is not a Chicago gang thing. If you think it is, then you’re definitely not from Chicago. Maybe you’re from some south suburb or someone who dismisses all of Chicago crime on just Chicago crime from watching too much TV.

I’m a former journalist. Researcher, have a PhD. I live in inner city Chicago. I’ve been here 40 years. So, I know Chicago and I know there has to be a serial killer in Chicago.

You dismissing with these exceptionally long, and rambling post, just makes me question your intentions here.

I’m no longer going to address anyone saying the Chicago gang crime is connected to these 51 women’s deaths, because I feel like you don’t get it, you don’t want to get it, and for whatever reason you don’t want anyone else to suspect something odd is going on in Chicago.

***This thread is for people to discuss the suspicion that there is a serial killer working in Chicago and not Chicago gang crime. Start your own thread if you want to discuss Chicago gang crime.***

Last edited:
Hello,

Again, to stress, I’m no longer addressing or responding to people who are dismissing a potential serial killer operating in Chicago as being due to street gangs, because if you live in inner city Chicago (like I do) you know that theory is bogus.

And, the data speaks for itself. See the recent articles I have posted. There are two new articles below, one as recent as yesterday with Congressman Bobby Rush calling for an investigation.

The Murder Accountability Project who pinpointed a potential serial killer operating in Gilgo Beach was applauded, but no, when the Murder Accountability Project says they have spotted the same pattern here in Chicago of a serial killer operating in Chicago you people say that can’t be. That’s odd, and I question your position. I question people dismissing these women, because I feel like you are dismissing these women because of their color, race, and economic status. They have been ignored too long and I will not let these women be ignored any longer. And again, I find it so odd that I have to fight for these women’s recognition here, even with data backing it up that they may have been killed by a serial killer.

So if you want to talk about Chicago gangs, which is a socio-economic problem - keep your distractions to yourself and create your own post, because I find it odd that some people are dismissing this, because us who live here and community leaders feel otherwise.

There were people who told me here on Websleuths that Marlen Ochoa-Lopez was a runaway and that nothing had happened to her when I stressed something very odd and very wrong must have happened to her, and hell, looks like I was right there (Funeral set for murdered pregnant woman Marlen Ochoa-Lopez). You know why I was right? Because I live in Chicago and I know this city and I know its people.

So keep your distractions to yourself. Keep your dismissals of Chicago to yourself.

A new one from May 10th with Chicago Police discussing a possible serial killer in the city, because my last hunch was 100% right, and I know I’m right here as well.

Chicago police are taking a new look at the unsolved slayings of 55 women — and the possibility a serial killer is involved

Also, one from yesterday:

Congressman Bobby Rush has asked the FBI to take over an investigation into 55 unsolved murders of women in Chicago.

Call For FBI To Investigate Possible Serial Killer On The Loose In Chicago

Last edited:
A Serial Killer May Be Preying On Black Women In Chicago

A nonprofit called the Murder Accountability Project used a computer algorithm to identify this particular pattern of murders in Chicago, and CPD says it is aware of that algorithm.

Thomas Hargrove, a retired investigative journalist, is the group’s founder and chairman.

Identifying patterns in murder records
Thomas Hargrove: The way [our] algorithm works is it takes — we now have 769,000 murder records — and it organizes them into more than 10,000 groups, looking for groups of homicides of similar victims: male or female, similar methods of killing: the weapon used, and in a similar geography: either the metro area or a particular county. It looks for clusters that had extremely low clearance rates. The reason it does that is we’ve found that the presence of a serial killer can affect the batting average for police — how often they solve a murder. We concentrate on female murders because the FBI tells us that serial killers most often target women, and so we concentrate on murders of women. And most of the time, murders of women are solved, in Chicago even.

51 unsolved murders on the South and West Sides follow similar patterns

This all sounds pretty dramatic. I live in inner city Chicago...and yeah, this doesn’t have anything to do with what I’m trying to discuss here. This honestly all sounds fictionalized.

Again, I live in inner city Chicago. I’ve covered Chicago crime (I’m a former journalist). I went to school with gangs. I have family members who are gang members. I also have family members who are police officers. This personally sounds like an account to me of someone who has watched too much sensationalized media of Chicago crime.

I find it very odd, very, very odd that I’m getting a lot of pushback on Websleuths when I try to discuss these women’s deaths in Chicago. Almost like you people are trying to dismiss these women’s deaths on Chicago gang crime so no one questions that something odd is going on. When I start talking about these women’s deaths it’s the same thing, I have people dismissing their deaths as due to the gang crime in Chicago, which does not correlate.

Chicago gangs and gang members are young. They shoot over silly turf fights, social media fights, hell, there’s a gang war going on in my neighborhood right now and I’ve been talking to our beat commander about it. Chicago gangs function very differently today after major gangs and gang leaders were disbanded and jailed in the 90s and many housing projects demolished.

Chicago gang crime is a socio-economic problem. Not a serial killer problem.

Killing 51 women and throwing their bodies along the road or in garbage cans is not a Chicago gang thing. If you think it is, then you’re definitely not from Chicago. Maybe you’re from some south suburb or someone who dismisses all of Chicago crime on just Chicago crime from watching too much TV.

I’m a former journalist. Researcher, have a PhD. I live in inner city Chicago. I’ve been here 40 years. So, I know Chicago and I know there has to be a serial killer in Chicago.

You dismissing with these exceptionally long, and rambling post, just makes me question your intentions here.

I’m no longer going to address anyone saying the Chicago gang crime is connected to these 51 women’s deaths, because I feel like you don’t get it, you don’t want to get it, and for whatever reason you don’t want anyone else to suspect something odd is going on in Chicago.

***This thread is for people to discuss the suspicion that there is a serial killer working in Chicago and not Chicago gang crime. Start your own thread if you want to discuss Chicago gang crime.***

I agree I think u May have info . Can u list these women killed maybe for a group action suit the city may listen to this type of action ?Sleuthing is more than getting clues it is helping the victims if we can

I agree I think u May have info . Can u list these women killed maybe for a group action suit the city may listen to this type of action ?Sleuthing is more than getting clues it is helping the victims if we can

Thanks. I’m working to get their names and locations (specific cross streets) found, and if there’s anything else I can get, time found, days of week, etc.

Questions have been coming up about this for years, but it’s Chicago. We see how the police dropped the ball on the Marlen Ochoa Lopez case. In that case, it was her family, friends, and community activists who really solved that crime. I love Chicago Police. I really do. These guys work hard, but when it comes to these more complex killing cases, that are non-gang related, I don’t think they know how to solve them.

How many years did John Wayne Gacey kill in this city? Years and years before he was caught.

The Ripper Crew serial killers in the early 80s killed over 20 women it’s suspected before they were caught, and hell, one of them was recently released from prison.

From A&E Last Year

Is There a Serial Killer in Chicago Right Now, Strangling Women and Burning Their Bodies?

Hello,

The names of these women and locations found can be found here at a link I had previously posted from the Murder Accountability Project. Tableau Public

I can play with the data and provide some key findings. So far from last year I’m seeing:

2018 - 4 deaths.

Valerie Marie Jackson, Black female, age 49, found strangled in a yard on 3/17/2018.

Lora Harwin Darbin, White female, age 44, found strangled in the grassy lot of an abandoned resident on 5/25/2018.

Nicole Lynell Ride, White female, age 47, strangled, found in an abandoned building on 6/12/2018.

Reo Renee Holyfield, Black female, age 34, manner of death uncertain - strangulation can be possible, found in a garbage can in an alley, on 9/10/2018.

One in March. One in May. One in June. One in September.

The women span races in 2018, black and white. They are all over 30. The oldest death from 2018 is is 49 year old woman. All surely strangled. All found in abandoned areas or a garbage can.

I’ll be looking through the other year’s data as well, as well as to see if anything has occurred suspiciously this year.

Tableau Public

from may 15, 2019:

Warning: Potential Serial Killer In Chicago... | Paulina | 103.5 KISS FM

(thanks for this thread @HumboldtOz. not sure why this is not being discussed more, or what all the denial is about. weird, indeed. glad to see it gaining some traction in the news.)

Thank you! Yes, it’s been very frustrating to see the denial, and at this point, I’m just going to disregard any denial and report it as harassment, because it’s beyond weird that people are pushing back here.

When the Murder Accountability Project said the murders of prostitutes at and around Gilgo Beach was the result of a serial killer so many people here on Websleuths and elsewhere jumped on board in agreement. Yet, when the Murder Accountability Project says that the murders in Chicago of prostitutes is indicative of a serial killer people say ‘That can’t be so because of their lifestyles, gangs,’ and all of these other things that dismiss their deaths - then I question their motive.

People act like Chicago is the Wild Wild West. Like we’re savage here. We have a lot of wealthy people that live here, in addition to poor communities too, yes.

“DOWNTOWN — Chicago’s population of wealthy renters has more than tripled in recent years.

Chicago had more than 39,000 renters who made $150,000 or more in 2017, making it one of the U.S. cities with the most high-income renters, according to a new report from RentCafe. About 6.7 percent of all the city’s renting households belonged to that upper bracket in 2017.”

Chicago’s Wealthy Renter Population Is Among The Highest In The U.S. And It’s Growing, New Report Says

Chicago gangs aren’t going to waste their time and kill aging prostitutes. Sorry to say it so brutally, but they’re not. That’s not their thing. Chicago gangs are largely tied to Mexican drug cartels, so their focus is money and territory. Chicago gang members are also young, very young. Lots of these kids are 12, 13 years old. Younger sometimes too. They drive very nice cars, have very pretty girlfriends, they like money and status.

The young ones are the ones who shoot indiscriminately into crowds trying to get to another rival gang, they steal cars, etc. They’re not raping and strangling prostitutes. That’s the oddest thing I’ve ever heard anyone say - that the gangs are involved with the strangled prostitutes so as soon as I heard people saying that then I knew 100% they’re not from Chicago, don’t live in Chicago and don’t know anything about how the Chicago gangs work.

I used to work years ago mentoring teens, many of them gang members at Cabrini Green, the infamous housing projects. So look, I know this city.

These women were killed either by the same person, or group of people, who knew they could get away with it because our police just don’t know how to connect the dots in cases like this, don’t want to, or I don’t know why else. Honestly, if I had to guess, it’s because our police have been treated poorly by city officials and are overwhelmed with paper work. Do you know, every single time a police officer pulls someone over they have to write a 1 page report? They have to write a report every single time they stop someone, even to question them. So the police have, I feel, thrown up their hands in frustration over all of this paper work they have to do.

So if anyone here dismisses these women’s murder again on gangs I’m reporting it as harassment because you obviously haven’t read the dozens and dozens of articles, sifted through the data, read the victim family statements and community activist statements.

My biggest fear, my greatest fear, is what if this killer moves beyond prostitutes one day? How do we know they haven’t?

Thanks for listening!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back