Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen it on a few occasions.

It’s not all that common, but it happens.
Well, I thought it was very powerful. I am convinced this isn't some homeless vagabond that happened upon an opportunity with two young teens. This is someone that walks thru the community, drives a car, goes out to eat, maybe goes to church and listens to and/or participates in the PC's. LE was tricked by this person in the first place and they know it imo. They're coming for this man and they will get him. moo

I'm way lagging behind so this comment will be out of place but... if the killer was there on the 14th with the searchers, I doubt he was dumb enough to bring the same car back where potential witnesses could see it and have it tick a memory of having seen it the day before.
I don’t think he was dumb enough to return anyways.

It was way too soon, and he’d probably just done something that he’d never done before.

His adrenaline high would likely still be going, and it would be an unnecessary risk.

I hadn't even thought of that... that he might communicate with LE and didn't know it was extremely rare. I find the subject interesting.
But, I don't think BG would dare to communicate with LE (or kill again any time soon.) We've been calling him a coward and I believe that's accurate. Not just as a derogatory term but the actual truth. He really is a coward.

He wouldn't dare go up against LE by communicating imo... he's not clever enough to pull that off without it leading to his being found out and I think he knows that. He's knows he's not smart or clever enough to go up against LE in a kind of contest that way, imo.

I don't think he'll kill again unless the case had gone cold for a very long time... and I don't think he'd repeat in the same area again. He's already learned it wasn't a very bright idea to bring this danger right into his own safety zone. His safety zone isn't safe anymore... that was stupid. I believe he's been hiding like a little lamb somewhere right in front of everyone. "In plain sight" as Sup Carter said. He's petrified for himself, imo.

I'm thinking when he is actually in the process of being arrested, he'll lose control of his bladder or his bowels. His legs will weaken and he might collapse. He's an adult by age only... he never grew emotionally or socially past the age of a late teen, imo. That's why he picked the victims he did... he's been comfortable bullying kids for a very long time and now, he's graduated into killing two of them. Kids don't scare him at all. But, if the real authoritative adults, like LE, won't busy themselves with something else... give up and let it all die down... then he just won't be able to take the next step and do it again... at least not around Delphi.

He was lucky he wasn't caught on the day of the murders imo. I think he knows how easily he could have been caught and that scared him. The residual fear of being caught was lessening a little bit at a time, but it's back with a vengeance since the last press conference. Now he's just laying low; taking over-the-counter junk for headaches, intermittent bouts of nausea, alternating episodes of diarrhea and then constipation... and trying very hard to be invisible while he waits for it all to go away.
All speculation and jmo.
I agree with some of this and disagree with other parts but overall an interesting and good post. Thanks for taking the time to write this.

Based on....?
I was hoping for sooner.
Could be sooner, or even later, but he will be back and the heat will be on. I think he has family covering for him with a fake alibi. Timing could be dictated by many things; how well he holds up, his family holds up, if people start seeing him in the new sketch, recognize his voice, etc. I think the locals are already extra tuned in to visual, auditory, physical, and behavioral clues of people, and he is not going to be able to hide for long.

I don’t think he was dumb enough to return anyways.

It was way too soon, and he’d probably just done something that he’d never done before.

His adrenaline high would likely still be going, and it would be an unnecessary risk.

I agree, a person who's absence would be noticed by people would probably beg out of the search by inventing a sudden illness or other excuse. He couldn't go because he'd be giving some people two opportunities to see him and his car. Nobody would do that, imo.

Good article.

Another article statement about the DNA.
Said they found it right away.
I did not see this at the time.

DNA evidence discovered at scene where two Indiana teens were found murdered now top priority

JMO.

Once again, in the linked article, LE says absolutely nothing about the DNA that has any meaning.

"Investigators say they discovered DNA evidence at the crime scene where two Indiana teenagers were found murdered last week. That evidence now has top priority for processing by investigators."

This is basically the same thing LE said in another article about needing to process the DNA they found at the crime scene. It could be the girls' DNA or it could be contamination DNA. LE is being very careful to not say they have the perp's DNA.

"DNA evidence" is a large tent that can encompass a lot of testing and results.

Even if there was a hair left at the crime scene by the perp, the hair root and bulb would need to be present to extract enough DNA for identification.

In addition, the crime scene was not in a secure climate-controlled environment. The evidence and bodies were outside in the cold February weather, with a blanket of wet dew near a creek. DNA collection from that type of compromised crime scene would be difficult under the best of circumstances.

How long does it take to process a good sample of DNA? It doesn't take two years. By now, the sample should have been at Parabon NanoLabs or some other lab for processing, extraction and familial/autosomal DNA tree-building.

LE says they're back to the beginning. They've changed what the suspect looks like. They're begging for tips on a vehicle seen one afternoon over two years ago. If LE had the perp's DNA, they could already have a better sketch of what the perp looks like from Parabon and an idea of who the perp's family is by now.

They could be building the case on actual evidence. I don't understand why LE said just months after the murders that familial DNA testing and genealogy was "on the table." It either is, and should have already been used, or they don't have what they need to go forward with the testing.

or maybe someone who was supposed to go back to Delphi this summer won't go back. Maybe they will find another job in another town. I doubt it bc I think whomever did this is too hooked into the attention and fascination about his own actions (I agree he's a narcissist) and wants to be involved in it again. He also probably assumes people will never catch on to him.

Could be sooner, or even later, but he will be back and the heat will be on. I think he has family covering for him with a fake alibi. Timing could be dictated by many things; how well he holds up, his family holds up, if people start seeing him in the new sketch, recognize his voice, etc. I think the locals are already extra tuned in to visual, auditory, physical, and behavioral clues of people, and he is not going to be able to hide for long.

Just a theory. Perhaps the DNA Leazenby refers to in the ‘Radar Online’ article was tested & arrived back weeks later revealing a much younger BG. Investigators then realized the original composite sketch of BG was faulty.

Dated January 17,2019 new evidencewas sent to the FBI head quarters in Quantico.
The reason I thought of this is based on the link below.Investigators in a cold case discovered years later their original composite sketch of the murderer was faulty.
DNA evidence leads police to college student’s killer nearly 50 years after slaying
Additional DNA resting on the clothesline matched a DNA sample taken from Milam’s blouse. The DNA didn’t match any profiles in the system. Further DNA testing allowed police to develop a composite profile of the killer. Keen went through 1,100 arrest records by hand to eliminate certain suspects and got it down to about 106 people.
But it turned out the original composite was faulty.
DNA evidence leads police to college student’s killer nearly 50 years after slaying

MOO

Last edited:
IMO ONLY There’s such a patriarchal complacency implied in small towns. Women see a man like BG and we convince ourselves it’s normal if he makes a creepy comment or he looks at us in an invasive way. We need to be ok being rude. I’m in no way implying that A&L even had that choice. I’m simply saying this is why men have the audacity to go after women, because they feel they can.
That certainly sounds empowering but I'm just not sure I want to piss off a psychopath. Just sayin' :)

Does anyone think the killer or killers are the same ones that murdered Nicole Bowen? I think that the timing is way too coincidental, among other things.
That case caught my eye, for the reasons you stated, however, I get the feeling that was more drug related. I could be wrong, of course. MOO

BREAK IN INDIANA TEENS' MURDER: COPS GIVE MORE EVIDENCE TO FBI IN HUNT FOR KILLER
Sheriff confirms using ‘DNA research’ to catch suspect in Abby & Liberty’s death.
JANUARY 17, 2019 @ 16:55PM

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told RadarOnline.com exclusively that they were hoping for a break in the case of Indiana teens Abigail Williams and Liberty German’s gruesome murders after they sent new evidence to the FBI headquarters in Quantico. Williams and German went missing on Feb. 13, 2017 and the following day their slaughtered bodies were found in Delphi, IN. German captured the man police say killed the girls on her cell phone and a picture and audio of him saying “Down the hill,” was released. “We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case.
RSBM

Do you have a link for this?

Radar online is a gossip rag. They're the ones that started the rumor that had Olivia Newton John at death's door a while back.

"Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview ....."
Really? This publication has no soul.

I think this suspect was a loner, and lived someplace nearby; he obviously knew that area and trails quite well to feel confident enough to to kill 2 girls in the daylight. I also get the feeling the police know exactly who he is, and are just waiting for him to screw up someplace, or else for forensics to find more evidence...

I wonder what is being done to all those billboards bearing the original sketch. How many are there? Does anyone here have any close to them?
IIRC there were 6,000 spread out across the country.
It’s upsetting because this would confuse the public, people who are not following this case as close as we are. MOO

RSBM

Do you have a link for this?

Radar online is a gossip rag. They're the ones that started the rumor that had Olivia Newton John at death's door a while back.

"Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview ....."
Really? This publication has no soul.
I’m almost certain this would also be posted on the media thread.
I agree, it’s a gossip rag, but articles from Radar Online are allowed to be shared here. MOO

It could be as simple as the person who knows him (wife, girlfriend, etc) has a warrant and is afraid to go to LE. Remember in the early days of this case it was reported that many of the tips were leading to arrests in unrelated cases, most were drug-related IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ