Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they're digital. That would make it easy to change, I'd think.
Yes & I agree. I really feel bad for the families :/ They were printing & passing out those flyers...unless someone really kept track of the locations they were posted in, might be hard to gather & remove them :/
Could be darn near impossible. MOO

I don't know. I do think the FBI involvement at the outset is interesting, and maybe telling. Investigators mum about death of West Lafayette woman found near Kentland

It appears the murder may be gang related which would also account for the FBIs involvement. Unfortunately, like virtually everywhere else, gangs and meth have worked their way into communities and Delphi is no exception.

Aug 4, 2017
“When we go interview them, we go to their house. They’ve got stolen articles in their house or they’ve got, unfortunately, we’ve found meth labs in homes. We’ve found drugs laying on tables. Warrants have been served, because when we go to do the background on that person, we find that persons wanted on another case," said ISP Sgt. Kim Riley.”
Delphi tip line leads to dozens of unrelated arrests

Yes & I agree. I really feel bad for the families :/ They were printing & passing out those flyers...unless someone really kept track of the locations they were posted in, might be hard to gather & remove them :/
Could be darn near impossible. MOO

Yes they sure dedicated a lot of effort in putting up the flyers to increase public awareness, as they came to notice a lot of people in other areas didn’t even know about the murders or thought it’d already been solved.

I think the recent Press Conference generated a lot of attention and headlines and it also put the focus directly back on Delphi and area, the murderer having direct ties to that community, as opposed to being a national search.

BBM

I have always been intrigued by the part of the first press conference that starts at 11:17 in the above video:

LE asks, 'Who's next? [pause] I hate to ask you that question. I'd give my life to not have to. [long pause] But I know that you have asked yourself that very question." I cannot help but wonder if BG was caught on Libby's phone alluding to a prior crime. And no matter how much I try to pass off LE's questions as rhetorical, I cannot move past the possibility that there is a reason the questions were posed in the first place. Truth be told, those questions haunt me.
"Hiding in plain sight"
Who could kill two girls and then just vanish, because most people would never suspect them. Who could pass background checks because they have no record? Who could have ties to the community yet maybe have spent time away,and come back? (A Hero/Coward)
I started a list of possibilities
Clergy, or offspring of clergy.
Teacher
Coach
Youth leader,camp councelor
Military veteran
MOO

Yes they sure dedicated a lot of effort in putting up the flyers to increase public awareness, as they came to notice a lot of people in other areas didn’t even know about the murders or thought it’d already been solved.

I think the recent Press Conference generated a lot of attention and headlines and it also put the focus directly back on Delphi and area, the murderer having direct ties to that community, as opposed to being a national search.
I agree. That PC really blew me away! I imagine people were looking shockingly around the room at all the men in attendance that day:eek: MOO

NB was murdered prior to the Press Conference. As her name was never mentioned I don’t think there’s any connection, nor would there be reason to release for LE to release a sketch of an unidentified suspect linked with a vehicle in the parking lot of an abandoned building on the day of the girl’s murders, over two years ago.

And if Carter’s reference to the well known book and movie, The Shack, was some sort of clue to the murderer connected with “a shack”, wouldn’t LE have outrightly asked for tips from anyone who sighted this person at that specific location?

She was tortured and murdered in a shack and LE mentions the Shack movie. Carter had to be aware of this murder so I think it was either deliberate or extremely stupid to mention it IMO.

Eta swopped around murdered and tortured to make more sense.

It appears the murder may be gang related which would also account for the FBIs involvement. Unfortunately, like virtually everywhere else, gangs and meth have worked their way into communities and Delphi is no exception.

Aug 4, 2017
“When we go interview them, we go to their house. They’ve got stolen articles in their house or they’ve got, unfortunately, we’ve found meth labs in homes. We’ve found drugs laying on tables. Warrants have been served, because when we go to do the background on that person, we find that persons wanted on another case," said ISP Sgt. Kim Riley.”

Yes, could be the gang connection. I'm just not sure what warrants FBI involvement at the jump.

Killed on the 13th like Lizzie and Lyric - I believe that was partly the reason for FBI involvement from the get go, as well as a local FBI agent living close IIRC
MOO

You mean Abby and Libby killed on the 13th like Lyric and Lizzie. I meant swift FBI for the Nicole Bowen case. Sorry for being unclear about that.

"Hiding in plain sight"
Who could kill two girls and then just vanish, because most people would never suspect them. Who could pass background checks because they have no record? Who could have ties to the community yet maybe have spent time away,and come back? (A Hero/Coward)
I started a list of possibilities
Clergy, or offspring of clergy.
Teacher
Coach
Youth leader,camp councelor
Military veteran
MOO
I've seen these occupations listed A LOT. I certainly have no reason to check any of them off the list, but I guess I'm not making the connection that so many others are. IMO, if this guy was in any sort of position that put him in close contact with so many other people, on a personal level, like a teacher, coach, or clergy, he would have been recognized.

He could be anybody. A plumber, cashier, engineer, construction, farmer, computer tech, dog walker, landscaper/mower, thoracic surgeon, heating/AC, jobless...etc.

My first impression is more a blue collar kind of job, where he'd be in the background. But even that has no real basis and could be totally incorrect. All he needed was an afternoon off.

Yes, could be the gang connection. I'm just not sure what warrants FBI involvement at the jump.

MOO that article was interesting.
20-25 unrelated crime cases have been solved due to the Abby and Libby investigation.
Since Libby had decided on law enforcement, I say she and Abby needs a share of the collars. I hope they keep track, helping solve 20 cases is pretty good for 13 year olds. They are cleaning up Delphi.

Your article link.

She was tortured and murdered in a shack and LE mentions the Shack movie. Carter had to be aware of this murder so I think it was either deliberate or extremely stupid to mention it IMO.

The suspects for Mar 30th NB murder were already arrested and identified prior to the Apr 22nd Delphi Press Conference.

Carter made it clear he was speaking about the general theme of movie, The Shack when appealing to the unknown murderer.

“Carter addressed the person responsible for the unsolved Delphi murders in the context of "The Shack," a religious-themed story adapted from a 2007 novel by William Paul Young.

“I recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' There’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity," Carter said. "To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left...”
Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders

I've seen these occupations listed A LOT. I certainly have no reason to check any of them off the list, but I guess I'm not making the connection that so many others are. IMO, if this guy was in any sort of position that put him in close contact with so many other people, on a personal level, like a teacher, coach, or clergy, he would have been recognized.

He could be anybody. A plumber, cashier, engineer, construction, farmer, computer tech, dog walker, landscaper/mower, thoracic surgeon, heating/AC, jobless...etc.

My first impression is more a blue collar kind of job, where he'd be in the background. But even that has no real basis and could be totally incorrect. All he needed was an afternoon off.

I think a lot of people get in the “that person would never be guilty of this” camp in their head, and they just never put two and two together.

Most people aren’t sleuthers like us lol

There is a school of thought that believes Abby and Libby were forced down the hill into a vehicle, abducted to a building and then murdered and dumped on the other side of the creek.

Given that the police have dismissed all the amateur reconstructions that imply walking and crossing the creek it makes one wonder.

Have any of the witnesses (not sure how many), especially those who provided info for the released sketch ever spoke out? I'm assuming no and they may have been advised not to. I'm still curious.

I agree. It could be a tinker, tailor, soldier, spy. It's the ability to move around and not be missed that's the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esig