Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading about someones view that there was a car below the bridge.....and again, people used to think they saw a guy hiding along the bridge and that th BG had a gun or a catheter and NONE of that to my eyes was evident...

wish we knew the time of death per the coroner....that would help....

1. when you come to think about it, we really know nothing except the girls are dead, gone to Jesus......

I've seen these occupations listed A LOT. I certainly have no reason to check any of them off the list, but I guess I'm not making the connection that so many others are. IMO, if this guy was in any sort of position that put him in close contact with so many other people, on a personal level, like a teacher, coach, or clergy, he would have been recognized.

He could be anybody. A plumber, cashier, engineer, construction, farmer, computer tech, dog walker, landscaper/mower, thoracic surgeon, heating/AC, jobless...etc.

My first impression is more a blue collar kind of job, where he'd be in the background. But even that has no real basis and could be totally incorrect. All he needed was an afternoon off.
Thank you. The list continues.
Hiding in plain sight.

That early search warrant: - does that property have remote outbuildings that can be reached by car? Are there other shacks/barns/hunting camps in the close proximity?

Bicycle Bridge Road? I would assume so because it’s a farm, but iirc that search was very thorough, including search of the neighboring field.

Last edited:
Yes, could be the gang connection. I'm just not sure what warrants FBI involvement at the jump.
When requested by local LE, FBI will assist and supplement the
investigation of violent homicides. I dont' know how long they stayed active in the day to day investigation, but they probably
aided in the technical areas that local LE doesn't have access to.

I didn't get enough sleep last night but I woke up feeling pretty heated that the alibi(s), if there was an alibi, hasn't come forward yet.

I hear ya.

Reading this post I just suddenly had the thought, what if there is no alibi. What if nobody else knows anything about this crime.

We know that perps often talk or brag to others about their crimes - I’m not sure if this would be the case here.

I watch a lot of “Evil Lives Here” on ID; it interviews family members of serial killers, etc. Often these folks say they had no idea that the person was capable of such evil, “though there had been signs” (main theme tag of the show).

Maybe nobody knows anything.

Last edited:
NB was murdered prior to the Press Conference. As her name was never mentioned I don’t think there’s any connection, nor would there be reason to release for LE to release a sketch of an unidentified suspect linked with a vehicle in the parking lot of an abandoned building on the day of the girl’s murders, over two years ago.

And if Carter’s reference to the well known book and movie, The Shack, was some sort of clue to the murderer connected with “a shack”, wouldn’t LE have outrightly asked for tips from anyone who sighted this person at that specific location?

I didn't say it was a clue, my opinion is he either deliberately mentioned it or it was stupid (a mistake ) to mention it. I do not believe BG has a conscience or he would have come forward a long time ago. I do know there has been arrests in that other case, including someone from Delphi, so they did not need to mention her name as the connection (i.e. Delphi ) is already there. Same with the "shack" - there is already an apparent connection to shacks, sheds, abandoned building etc. There may also be other arrests to come in that other case too, we don't know yet. LE have mentioned the abandoned building and have indeed outrightly asked for tips about that.

In Carter’s quote from the PC about BG (I wonder if they call him BG too, I doubt it) about his ties to Delphi, he mentioned possibly visiting frequently. I wonder if they have any indication that BG has returned to Delphi or been in Delphi since the crimes.

In other words, we can assume it’s common sense and profiling to assume its likely he has ties to the area and was local at one time or knows people there due to the fact that one would likely have to already know about the bridge and the area, but, how would they know if he just returned for this one crime vs continually returning. I realize their statement on that is not a definitive as it covered possibly working here or being a resident as well, but I just wonder if LE has anything that tells them that he is still in Delphi or has returned to Delphi since Feb 13, 2017.

Bicycle Bridge Road? I would assume because it’s a farm, but iirc that search was very thorough, including search of the neighboring field.
A strange thought occurred to me, and it's wild speculation, I admit. Highly unlikely. But the owner of the place that got searched also owns a small tract of land on Deer Creek, downstream from where the girls were found. If something suspicious traveled downstream and was located on that property, by chance, maybe LE's first stop was the landowner's home?

Hi KKDJ...Your observation is spot on. He is not stroking the killers ego...like Sheriff Moose had to do in the cat and mouse interactions with the DC Sniper. Perhaps he is speaking to BG (bridge guy), insulting him, calling him a coward, a child killer, mocking how everyone will know etc... Irony concerning the comments: Carter will not be able to say these things after the perp is arrested and pending trial, right?? So, in my mind (step right in if you dare, lol) I would want to take the opportunity in Monday's press conference to tell the, heretofore unnamed, suspect, "You are a piece of crap and about to be flushed!"
And, lastly (oh never) I was also thinking about the PC being on Monday. Abby and Libby disappeared on a Monday. "You may even be in this room????" on Monday...
Does the perp always have Mondays off work? Or is the perp retired or unemployed.
Just mulling over a few thoughts and sharing....btw Good Morning!
Good morning! Good thoughts here!

There is a school of thought that believes Abby and Libby were forced down the hill into a vehicle, abducted to a building and then murdered and dumped on the other side of the creek.

Given that the police have dismissed all the amateur reconstructions that imply walking and crossing the creek it makes one wonder.

I was in that school once, but after the Holman July '17 interview, the crossing the creek seemed to be implied. With this latest revelation of the vehicle being at an abandoned building that afternoon, then I am now revisiting it all in my head. BG on the trails and phoning an accomplice to come around to the end of the bridge in the vehicle where he directs them down the hill to the vehicle and they return to the abandoned building. Girls are then brought back much later to back of cemetery and taken down to the area where they are left. I am not discounting it anyway. I would also like to know what company demolished the building. And, you're right that LE have said the reconstructions have not got it correct so that is interesting (unless they are lying about that to deliberately mislead perp or public).

Hi KKDJ...Your observation is spot on. He is not stroking the killers ego...like Sheriff Moose had to do in the cat and mouse interactions with the DC Sniper. Perhaps he is speaking to BG (bridge guy), insulting him, calling him a coward, a child killer, mocking how everyone will know etc... Irony concerning the comments: Carter will not be able to say these things after the perp is arrested and pending trial, right?? So, in my mind (step right in if you dare, lol) I would want to take the opportunity in Monday's press conference to tell the, heretofore unnamed, suspect, "You are a piece of crap and about to be flushed!"
And, lastly (oh never) I was also thinking about the PC being on Monday. Abby and Libby disappeared on a Monday. "You may even be in this room????" on Monday...
Does the perp always have Mondays off work? Or is the perp retired or unemployed.

Some of what Carter said to the murderer during the Press Conference is very similar to an personal upfront interrogation technique, hoping the suspect will confess.

Again I am struck by the risk of engaging and/or agitating the killer.

A strange thought occurred to me, and it's wild speculation, I admit. Highly unlikely. But the owner of the place that got searched also owns a small tract of land on Deer Creek, downstream from where the girls were found. If something suspicious traveled downstream and was located on that property, by chance, maybe LE's first stop was the landowner's home?

That's a good thought. Does Deer Creek eventual flow into the Tippecanoe River? (goes off to look).

eta no it flows into the Wabash, then the Tippecanoe some way south close to Battle Ground by the look of it. Wow, loads more comments.

Last edited:
The murders happened on a Monday, in the afternoon. So why was the BG at the park that day? Does he work a night shift and was stopping by the park after work? Is he unemployed (he's not retired with the age range given by LE)? Did he call off work? The schools were shut down that Monday, was he off of work in connection with the schools?

I agree, and this is why I can't get on board with the idea that BG is a teacher, coach, or clergy. As soon as the second sketch was released, it would be, "Hey, it's Mr. Magoo!" or "Heavens, that's Friar Tuck!" I'm not trying to make light, but those kinds of people would surely stand out, IMO.
You'd think so right? But have you ever had a portrait done by
a traveling artist at a resort or fair? Some artists are pretty good
but some aren't. I don't think such a sketch will end up looking much like the perp but it's only trying to give basic visual clues.
It won't be an exact replica of the perp.
It's also meant to get people thinking and talking about the perp.

This is Radar Online doing their thing, and being sensationalistic.

I highly doubt they have any specific details as to how the girls were killed, or what the crime scene looked like.

It’s absolutely possible that they’re right, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We shouldn’t read anything into this.

At all.
MassGuy, you think none of those quotes from the sheriff in that article are accurate? If they are, I find it interesting that DNA was sent to the FBI for DNA testing research in Dec and in April LE's strategy changed. If it was also sent on through to the 23 and Me testing is even better. Makes me hopeful lastest events are grounded in DNA famial testing. I know RadarOnline is not the best source but if the sheriff did speak with them about this subject matter and was quoted accurately, what he imparted could help explain this new sketch and VOI not being described. I'm very hopeful that they've identified the killer and are building a case against them.

An interesting test that I would like to be part of.

I'm walking down a trail, distracted with my own thoughts and someone passes me. Maybe we say "hey" in passing, maybe nothing at all.

Now I'm asked to recall and describe this person to someone, then give facial features, etc. Wonder how I would do? How far off or close with the info *I* described resembled the actual person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ