Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people get in the “that person would never be guilty of this” camp in their head, and they just never put two and two together.

Most people aren’t sleuthers like us lol

MOO being suspicious on a personal level like that would be difficult without seeing a real piece of evidence.
MOO for any any person, actually thinking it's possible that a husband or boyfriend did this would be the end if your relationship with them, or a brother or a son, in law etc.
MOO I think most people would avoid thinking about it if it even occurred to them.

Last edited:
Yes, could be the gang connection. I'm just not sure what warrants FBI involvement at the jump.

The FBI are also part of the Delphi Task Force and have been involved from the onset. I assume that’s because of the additional expertise they’re able to contribute as well as the possibility the murderer had crossed state lines but I’m only guessing.

“Two years later, a task force made up of state police, FBI and the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office continues to follow up on every tip they receive.

"We realized that this is a totally different type of investigation," Holeman said.
Delphi Murders: The investigation two years later

"Hiding in plain sight"
Who could kill two girls and then just vanish, because most people would never suspect them. Who could pass background checks because they have no record? Who could have ties to the community yet maybe have spent time away,and come back? (A Hero/Coward)
I started a list of possibilities
Clergy, or offspring of clergy.
Teacher
Coach
Youth leader,camp councelor
Military veteran
MOO
Teachers, coaches, youth leaders I think are questioned more heavily than some....although I also believe most are really good people, some child abusers like to engage in these professions. Easy access. jmo

You mean Abby and Libby killed on the 13th like Lyric and Lizzie. I meant swift FBI for the Nicole Bowen case. Sorry for being unclear about that.

Yes I meant A & L but agree also swift for NB. I only know NB was found on the 30th Mar, I don't think they have given a date of death as they are trying to establish when she went missing. I am not up on all the details of that case, but still learning. Anyway, no prob.

There is a school of thought that believes Abby and Libby were forced down the hill into a vehicle, abducted to a building and then murdered and dumped on the other side of the creek.

Given that the police have dismissed all the amateur reconstructions that imply walking and crossing the creek it makes one wonder.
I've always wondered about this, even tho some are so sure otherwise. I've never heard evidence to suggest they weren't taken somewhere iirc. With the phone pinging all over town and them being found on the other side of the creek, not being found the first night, or heard yelling or screaming, this makes sense to me.

I've always wondered about this, even tho some are so sure otherwise. I've never heard evidence to suggest they weren't taken somewhere iirc. With the phone pinging all over town and them being found on the other side of the creek, not being found the first night, or heard yelling or screaming, this makes sense to me.
I wonder sometimes.

Anyone know of a case where the victim was abducted, murdered, then returned near to the abduction site?

I agree. It could be a tinker, tailor, soldier, spy. It's the ability to move around and not be missed that's the thing.

During the Press Conference Carter mentioned “hiding in pain sight” and that LE had probably already talked to him or people who knew him.

That suggests the murderer isn’t identified because the investigation hasn’t uncovered enough evidence to directly connect any one person to the crime. LE have consistently asked for specific information from somebody who “knows this person” and only a visual resemblance to a sketch isn’t evidence of much of anything. As two years have passed already, it’s also an indication the investigation may not have yielded a conclusive DNA sample. JMO

Police request that tips include the following information:
BBM

• Suspect's name
  • Date of birth or approximate age
  • Physical description including height, weight, hair color, eye color
  • Address or location including city
  • Vehicle information including year, make, model, color
  • Specific reason for the tip. Why could they be the suspect?
  • Motivation for the crime
  • Connection to Delphi, IN
Police say you don't need to have all of those pieces to send a tip, but do ask you include as many details as you can.

State police receive thousands of tips since new Delphi evidence release

Mass Guy....do you think the info they got back from the FBI is directly related to the 180 degree switch to the "younger" sketch?

Also, the car at the DCS building was one of the first things Mr. Carter discussed on 4/22 and I feel its very significant.

I think they know the car that was there that day, and its owner....maybe because the guy in the video and 1st sketch really looked older (at least to me) they previously cleared the younger person who is attached to that car.

Now with the new info from the FBI they went back and examined that owner's story from that day, and things aren't adding up.

YES! I'm NOT MassGuy, but I want to butt in to say YES!

I think something is going to break in early to mid-June. I think BG is not currently in Delphi, but somewhere not far away, yet close enough that he can keep tabs on the case. I would put money on him being in Delphi after the murders and being involved in the search. But, since he has ties to the area, I feel something imperative will bring him back to Delphi soon, and he will have difficulty staying under the radar and keeping his sh-one-t together. I don't think he will kill again, but I think his cover will be blown.
JMO & JMH

Edited for clarity.

I sure hope you are right! I cannot wait til they catch this BG!

I wonder sometimes.

Anyone know of a case where the victim was abducted, murdered, then returned near to the abduction site?
My guess is he couldn't leave them at his home, where he took them, because other people lived there, so he took them back to a wooded area he knew the terrain of.
idk know about this of course, but I keep in mind he might have left with them and returned them.

My guess is he couldn't leave them at his home, where he took them, because other people lived there, so he took them back to a wooded area he knew the terrain of.
idk know about this of course, but I keep in mind he might have left with them and returned them.

That early search warrant: - does that property have remote outbuildings that can be reached by car? Are there other shacks/barns/hunting camps in the close proximity?

How many times have we heard LE speak directly to a killer in a PC?
Hi KKDJ...Your observation is spot on. He is not stroking the killers ego...like Sheriff Moose had to do in the cat and mouse interactions with the DC Sniper. Perhaps he is speaking to BG (bridge guy), insulting him, calling him a coward, a child killer, mocking how everyone will know etc... Irony concerning the comments: Carter will not be able to say these things after the perp is arrested and pending trial, right?? So, in my mind (step right in if you dare, lol) I would want to take the opportunity in Monday's press conference to tell the, heretofore unnamed, suspect, "You are a piece of crap and about to be flushed!"
And, lastly (oh never) I was also thinking about the PC being on Monday. Abby and Libby disappeared on a Monday. "You may even be in this room????" on Monday...
Does the perp always have Mondays off work? Or is the perp retired or unemployed.
Just mulling over a few thoughts and sharing....btw Good Morning!

During the Press Conference Carter mentioned “hiding in pain sight” and that LE had probably already talked to him or people who knew him.

That suggests the murderer isn’t identified because the investigation hasn’t uncovered enough evidence to directly connect any one person to the crime. LE have consistently asked for specific information from somebody who “knows this person” and only a visual resemblance to a sketch isn’t evidence of much of anything. As two years have passed already, it’s also an indication the investigation may not have yielded a conclusive DNA sample. JMO

Police request that tips include the following information:
BBM

• Suspect's name
  • Date of birth or approximate age
  • Physical description including height, weight, hair color, eye color
  • Address or location including city
  • Vehicle information including year, make, model, color
  • Specific reason for the tip. Why could they be the suspect?
  • Motivation for the crime
  • Connection to Delphi, IN
Police say you don't need to have all of those pieces to send a tip, but do ask you include as many details as you can.

State police receive thousands of tips since new Delphi evidence release
I agree, and this is why I can't get on board with the idea that BG is a teacher, coach, or clergy. As soon as the second sketch was released, it would be, "Hey, it's Mr. Magoo!" or "Heavens, that's Friar Tuck!" I'm not trying to make light, but those kinds of people would surely stand out, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro