Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very good photographs of the crime scene at this site:-

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/

click on images to enlarge!

Thankyou also Shazza:)

Thanks for the link MG-

Great pics and really clarifies the location of things.

All I can say is 'oh, no'....this is far different than i imagined from the initial reporting. This is beyond scary......................what where they thinking:furious:

JMO

Some very good photographs of the crime scene at this site:-

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/

click on images to enlarge!

Thankyou also Shazza:)

Great link! Thanks! Maddie was in the worst place possible for an abduction. She could have been out that window, carried over the waist high wall and put in a car in moments.

I'm appalled that there was no view of the apartment from the restaurant. It's just so sad that the kid's were put in such danger.

What an image too of the crowd of cameras as Kate walks right towards them with her toddler. Obviously the resort isn't letting the media and cameras inside.

Wanted to add...I wouldn't stay in this room even if it was just me and a trained pit bull!!!!

If management showed me this room location, as my holiday stay--I would immediately be asked to be moved elsewhere!!!!

And with small little ones on the ground floor---opening on to the back street---NO friggin way!

JMO :crazy:

Am I the only one who thinks that Sofia and Maddie don't look alike?

I don't think Maddie and Sofia look that much alike...I think they could pass for sisters, maybe, but they aren't identical at ALL. I do think Maddie and Dawn look a great deal alike!!

Great link! Thanks! Maddie was in the worst place possible for an abduction. She could have been out that window, carried over the waist high wall and put in a car in moments.

I'm appalled that there was no view of the apartment from the restaurant. It's just so sad that the kid's were put in such danger.

What an image too of the crowd of cameras as Kate walks right towards them with her toddler. Obviously the resort isn't letting the media and cameras inside.

CD-I too am just in shock over the room location.

I feel suckered from the first few weeks of media reporting and parent interviews.

I had bookmarked that link with Dawn and Sofia and it won't pull up that way either. Really wierd. Wonder if the article was pulled?

I wonder about this revenge theory. I wonder if one of the doctors lost a patient and the family was upset. Maybe they could not save their child so the family decided to take Maddy. Kind of a if you can't save my child I will take yours so you can see how it feels?

Obviously they believe enough in their religion to go to the pope and beg for mercy for the return of their daughter or to beg for forgiveness for the guilt they feel in their involvement in their daughters disappearance. But in my opinion I think it is just another publicity stunt.

I think people that are religious turn to God in time of need. Prayer is the FIRST thing I would turn to if I were in this situation. The fact that the parents are receiving publicity for this is a bonus in keeping Madeleine's case in the news.

I feel suckered from the first few weeks of media reporting and parent interviews.

Me too Petra. I was on their side here in the first thread we had on the case. We were duped and suckered.:mad: The picture they painted in the beginning of the situation is so far from the reality. And they lied. It's awful!

Carpediem... I am confused about what they lied about. Was it about how they checked on the kids? How was the lie exposed?

Yes, that they themselves were checking on the kids, that it was the first time they had done this (they had actually done it every night that week of their vacation), that the apartment could be seen from the restaurant (perhaps the building could but not the apartment), that the doors were locked, etc., etc.

I just read they didn't give an official statement to Portugal Magistrates until 5/14, once they secured lawyers, because they feared they would be prosecuted for their neglect.

OK thanks.. Seems were quite a few lies were going around.

Yes, that they themselves were checking on the kids, that it was the first time they had done this (they had actually done it every night that week of their vacation), that the apartment could be seen from the restaurant (perhaps the building could but not the apartment), that the doors were locked, etc., etc.

I just read they didn't give an official statement to Portugal Magistrates until 5/14, once they secured lawyers, because they feared they would be prosecuted for their neglect.

Do you have any links for these statements. The reason I ask because if this is true it is a humungous red flag to me. If my child was legitamitly missing and I feared abducted I would tell the police absolutly everthing regarding the circumstnaces of my child when last scene irregardless of the consequences to myself. My only conern would be my childs wellbeing and to even try and protect myself from legal consequences at the cost of my childs safety is totally unconcionable to me.

mjak

I don't know how to quote messages yet, but will figure it out soon.

I think we should remain cautious about the "I just read they didn't give an official statement to Portugal Magistrates until 5/14, once they secured lawyers, because they feared they would be prosecuted for their neglect."

My thought is that they gave the police their story of what happened, but that the Port police did not "interview" them about any possible involvement until May 14th.

Also - do you think this is why they won't leave Portugal and go home. Because the laws are slacker? Even if they went home, if the parents' conduct was going to be prosecuted, it would have to happen in Portugal, because that is where the crime took place, right?

Salem

CarpeDiem - I really only meant to quote the "official statement part" also I didn't quite comprehend the "so they would not have to face charges" part.

Do you remember what paper this was from? They would not have to face charges in England for neglect because the crime did not happen there. They could face charges in England for fraud and maybe a few other things if it is determined they duped so many people into contributing money, etc. Interesting. When exactly did they "lawyer up" as someone calls it? I know it was very early on and I thought it was suspicious at the time.

Salem

I don't know how to quote messages yet, but will figure it out soon.

Salem, there is a blue/grey button on the bottom right that says "QUOTE." Just click on that button and you'll be taken to a screen where you can just type under the message you want to reply to. One BIG favor for the moderators though. If the Quote is large, please edit it down to a smaller size before you reply. It will be a huge help as it saves us space and time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ