Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents ARE at issue in this case, unlike most missing children cases, we're going to allow discussion about them. In the future, any questions should be directed to the moderators, who will be the ones to ask posters to stay on topic. Thanks ya'll.

Thankyou:)

I wish we just had some concrete facts to go on, everything so far is just supposition, we are no closer to finding out what happened to Madelaine now than we were over two weeks ago when she first went missing. I think the case is getting cold ( as much as I hate to say that), or we are not being told everything so that it doesnt jeopardise the safety and return of Madelaine.

I also think the case is getting cold. But who knows. It just makes me sick when children go missing. I hope they find her safe and sound. But as time goes on, I believe the chances of that happening grow smaller.

MoonGoddess it still doesn't work. I think it is a technical issue on their end. I found another picture of Dawn where in it she did not look like Madeleine at all.

Great link! Thanks! Maddie was in the worst place possible for an abduction. She could have been out that window, carried over the waist high wall and put in a car in moments.

I'm appalled that there was no view of the apartment from the restaurant. It's just so sad that the kid's were put in such danger.

That is a great link...the pictures really show you just how far away (and out of sight), the apartment is from the restaurant.

Carpediem... I am confused about what they lied about. Was it about how they checked on the kids? How was the lie exposed?

This is how the story was initially reported a couple of days after Madeleines disappearance:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/05/nmadel05.xml&page=1
Last Updated: 12:45am BST 07/05/2007
Page 1 of 3 < note there are 3 pages.

Here's a snippet and I think cover some of the inconsistencies

Trish Cameron, Mr McCann&#8217;s sister, said she received a telephone call from her 39-year-old brother, a consultant cardiologist, who was "hysterical and crying his eyes out".
She said: "They had put the kids to bed at 7pm and checked on them every half an hour as they had dinner nearby with the rest of the party. Gerry said the window was open, the shutters broken and the door, which had been locked, hanging open.
"Kate came screaming back to the group crying, 'They've taken her, they've taken her'. Gerry was crying and roaring like a bull.
Jon Corner, a close friend of Mrs McCann and godparent of the twins, said she telephoned him in the middle of the night distraught.
He said: "She just blurted out that Madeleine had been abducted. She told me, 'They have broken the shutter on the window and taken my little girl.'
"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage.
"First they saw one of the window shutters had been forced, and then they saw the door was open and the bed was empty - and Madeleine was gone.

What started to emerge later on is:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=454466&in_page_id=1770

Until now, it was believed that shutters at the front of the apartment had been jemmied open by the little girl's abductors. But Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa, spokesman for the investigation, has confided in British former Chief Inspector Albert Kirby that neither the windows nor their shutters had been tampered with.

Mr Kirby, who led the investigation into the abduction and murder of Liverpool-born toddler Jamie Bulger, revealed that it was the unlocked patio doors of the apartment that allowed Madeleine to be taken away swiftly and quietly.

Gerry and Kate McCann would have used the patio doors as they checked on their daughter and her twin siblings during their meal near the Mark Warner holiday complex swimming pool and it is these doors that were left unsecured. The McCanns and all their friends on the holiday left their patio doors open throughout the evenings for fear of fire.

Mr Kirby told The Mail on Sunday: "I had a very interesting chat with the officer in charge. The window shutters are not an issue. "Their mechanism makes them almost impossible to open. The door was left unlocked. They did that every night.

This is just an example of some of the 'inconsistencies' but just posting this in order to maybe give you a better understanding.

Jdee - I pm'd you with possible alternative ways to get into the link (didnt want to waste more space on the forum) It contains a jpeg picture of Dawn and her daughter.

No worries mate, what is the feeling and mood over in in the UK about the McCanns, and are you getting much media coverage and any updates on this case.

Obviously todays 'visit' got airtime - but BBC didn't go with it as top news. It has died down, because it was causing a bit of a furore as to the amount of coverage that it was receiving and when respected reporters started to talk out (like the link I posted yesterday) they tend to just report 'developements'.........but there aren't any! - apart from the egghead with hair suspect they announced they are looking for a couple of days ago.

Anyway BB starts here in the UK this eve, that tends to dominate, especially after the publicity re the 'Shilpa Shetty' row:-

There's even going to be a 'police squad' monitoring events:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=458340&in_page_id=1773

unless theres any major developements in the hunt for Madeleine, I think it will die down a bit.

:)

Maddy's parents look terrible.
I still don't understand how they arranged their meeting with the Pope. I thought that took a lot of clout and a lot of time.:confused:

Here's a bit about a Portugese legal procedure. The traveling friends have been questioned.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_method=full&objectid=19098536&siteid=89520-name_page.html
Meanwhile, the Portuguese media yesterday reported that friends of the McCanns who were on holiday with them and stayed on to offer their support could take part in a special court hearing today or tomorrow.

The procedure - known as "memory for the future" - is similar to a mock trial in which the pals would give evidence as witnesses.

Lawyer Artur Rego said a judge would ask questions which could form part of a real trial one day.

He explained that such a private hearing was used only in exceptional cases - such as this where a large group of witnesses are foreign - adding: "It is recorded by video, kept sealed then released during the hearing if somebody is ever charged.

"It has the same value as witness statements delivered live at trial."

And this sounds as though there is some real belief that there is an Ocean Club connection (although the article is a couple of weeks old).
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/...objectid=19095658&siteid=98487-name_page.html

[But they now believe nine British tourists hold the key to finding Madeleine. Sniffer dogs have tracked her scent to a supermarket and two apartments where the group were staying, only yards from where she was snatched.
The nine have been helping police for three days. Detectives believe they may have unwittingly come into contact with a "middle man" linked to Madeleine's abductor or abductors at the Ocean Club in Prai da Luz. A police source said: "They have all been questioned as potential witnesses."

Shopkeepers have been shown CCTV printouts of three people, including a man of about 40 with dark hair to his shoulders, a blonde woman of about 40 with a ponytail and an older woman. The three were clearly not Portuguese and "looked English".

This last paragraph makes me think of Murat's gf and her estranged husband with Murat's mother as the older woman. I don't know if the descriptions describe them, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See what's free at AOL.com.

Do you remember what paper this was from? They would not have to face charges in England for neglect because the crime did not happen there. They could face charges in England for fraud and maybe a few other things if it is determined they duped so many people into contributing money, etc. Interesting. When exactly did they "lawyer up" as someone calls it? I know it was very early on and I thought it was suspicious at the time.

Salem

mjak asked about this too. The link also has video on right that is pertinent:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1265436,00.htmlhttp://www.romanguide.com/vaticancity/papal-audience.html

Maddy's parents look terrible.
I still don't understand how they arranged their meeting with the Pope. I thought that took a lot of clout and a lot of time.:confused:

I agree they look terrible, most especially Kate, whom barely looks like the same person in the professional family photograph we have seen that was taken some time ago when the twins were smaller.

Here is some info on how the meeting with the Pope was arranged.

http://news.lycos.co.uk/uk/070527181327.gdvr0ave.xml.html

This sounds like a real lead! Of course, it could be that the girl is his child and he might have been taking pictures of all the children on the beach.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91210-1265436,00.html

The strongest lead police have involves a blonde woman and two men who were captured on CCTV at a petrol station near Praia da Luz with a girl matching Madeliene's description.

One of these men was reported to have been seen taking photos of children on a nearby beach a couple of days before she disappeared on May 3.

Madeleine and her siblings are believed to have been amongst those he photographed.

A TOP psychic will travel to Portugal today to join the hunt for Madeleine McCann.

Diane Lazarus, 40, has already helped cops with high-profile cases including the murders of Jill Dando and little Sarah Payne.

In an exclusive interview mum-of-two Diane from Crosshands, South Wales, told The Sun online:

- Maddie was targeted after being secretly watched by her abductors, including one woman

- She is in Spain after travelling by car on main roads from Portugal and is being well looked after

- One of the culprits has olive skin, dark hair and a drawn, skinny face

Diane said: &#8220;I don&#8217;t think Madeleine is in Portugal and they have kept moving her around.

&#8220;I hope going to Praia da Luz will give me the leads to where exactly she went from there. I feel she could be in Spain.

&#8220;I have also picked up that they cut Maddie&#8217;s hair and made her look like a boy.&#8221;

Once in Praia da Luz, Diane will &#8216;tune in&#8217; on a map of the area around the Mark Warner holiday complex and a snapshot of missing Maddie.

Diane said: &#8220;I need to start from the beginning and be where it all happened.

&#8220;Quite honestly I don&#8217;t think Madeleine has come to any harm. She will be returned to her mummy and daddy.

&#8220;I feel there are a few people, including a woman, involved in the disappearance.

0,,2007241460,00.jpg
Psychic ... Diane's autobiography

&#8220;They went out of their way to get a girl of a certain age. They also knew Madeleine had a brother and sister, Sean and Amelie.

&#8220;They felt as the McCanns have two other children taking Maddie wouldn't be quite so bad.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t think the culprits are British. I thought the prime suspect Robert Murat was innocent from day one.

&#8220;I can sense this involves some foreign blood.&#8221;

Diane will spend four days on the Algarve after being invited by a close friend of Gerry and Kate McCann, both 38.

The renowned psychic hopes to link up with the devastated parents &#8211; who have an audience with Pope Benedict later today &#8211; but will be careful not to offend their Catholic faith.

Diane said: &#8220;I would never go to Portugal without the consent of the family.

"Hundreds of people have contacted me to see if I could help.

&#8220;Even Bonnie Tyler, who is one of my best clients, has been in touch.

&#8220;I will have to be careful not to ruffle feathers with the Portugese police because I don&#8217;t know how they feel about psychics.

&#8220;I&#8217;ll be very mindful of the McCanns too. They&#8217;ve prayed a lot for Madeleine's return which is great.

&#8220;Prayer really does work. Everyone should say a prayer for Maddie&#8217;s safe return.&#8221;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2005320001-2007240619,00.html

"They had left the apartment locked while they were having their meal, but when they went back the last time they saw the damage.
"First they saw one of the window shutters had been forced, and then they saw the door was open and the bed was empty - and Madeleine was gone.

What started to emerge later on is:-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=454466&in_page_id=1770

Chief Inspector Olegario Sousa, spokesman for the investigation, has confided in British former Chief Inspector Albert Kirby that neither the windows nor their shutters had been tampered with.

Mr Kirby, revealed that it was the unlocked patio doors of the apartment that allowed Madeleine to be taken away swiftly and quietly.

The McCanns and all their friends on the holiday left their patio doors open throughout the evenings for fear of fire.

Mr Kirby told The Mail on Sunday: "I had a very interesting chat with the officer in charge. The window shutters are not an issue. "Their mechanism makes them almost impossible to open. The door was left unlocked. They did that every night.

What I don't understand is if there was no sign of forced entry how come everything we've read points to an abduction. I've never read anything that even hinted to the possibility that Madeleine could have wandered off. There has to be something obvious that makes the authorities believe she was abducted. I just think there is too much misinformation being communicated.

missacorah, that's interesting. Atleast they didn't go with Sylvia Brown whom botches so many of her readings and often says the subject is dead, as was the case with Shawn Hornbeck.

What I don't understand is if there was no sign of forced entry how come everything we've read points to an abduction. I've never read anything that even hinted to the possibility that Madeleine could have wandered off. There has to be something obvious that makes the authorities believe she was abducted. I just think there is too much misinformation being communicated.

I agree.. I heard on Nancy Grace the door was 'jimmied' open. So I am wondering if it was in fact locked...? And the bit about them leaving it open 'in case of fire' sounds lame to me. Children asleep normally do not wake up during a fire in the room. I had a 3 year old great niece who died in her bed in a house fire.
It makes no sense to me that they would leave the door unlocked 'in case of fire' yet it never crossed their minds that their children could wander out or be stolen by kidnappers??? Something doesn't jive here.

“I have also picked up that they cut Maddie’s hair and made her look like a boy.”

I said this from the beginning and have wondered why they have not shown altered pictures of her with different hair color and looking like a boy.

Not sure if this story got on here. But, the parents had time with the Pope today. They gave him Maddies picture, and asked for his prayers.
They were in the front row of a huge crowd. ( It was just a short segment)
I hope the Prayers of the Pope .........will bring them the answers to finding Maddie.

Some very good photographs of the crime scene at this site:-

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/

click on images to enlarge!

Thankyou also Shazza:)

Thanks to both of you for the link.

There's no way in Hades that the Group of Eight Child Neglectors could have watched their children's rooms from that Tapas restaurante.

Such stupid people...all doctors!!! TG I don't live in the UK, and don't have to depend upon such dolts for my medical care.

I agree they look terrible, most especially Kate, whom barely looks like the same person in the professional family photograph we have seen that was taken some time ago when the twins were smaller.

Here is some info on how the meeting with the Pope was arranged.

http://news.lycos.co.uk/uk/070527181327.gdvr0ave.xml.html

CarpeDiem,
Thanks so much for the info. You're so helpful providing references for this case. :clap:

“I have also picked up that they cut Maddie’s hair and made her look like a boy.”

I said this from the beginning and have wondered why they have not shown altered pictures of her with different hair color and looking like a boy.
Madelines eye is going to be hard to disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever