Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the doc, I purchased from Harris Co clerk.
Thank you so much.

In the third paragraph under the heading of Probable Cause, the affiant writes that on Friday, May 3rd, "your affiant has verified with the biological father of the eldest child that the eldest child had already been picked up by the biological father and was no longer in the defendant's care." Does this imply that the eldest child had been in that apartment on that date? If yes, we have another child who would be able to state if Maleah was alive on that day. Was the eldest child at the apt during that week?

Somewhere in the past week, I remember that someone had come to the apartment to pick up Maleah and was told she had the flu. Is the above quote from the prosecution documents corroborating that earlier reporting?

ETA: I found later in the narrative that it was the eldest's father who asked to see Maleah at 7 PM on Friday night and the "defendant would not allow him to see her."

Last edited:
yes, the Complaint- Charging doc is a total of 3 pages and basically outlines what the prosecutor outlined in the hearing (timeline and basics of evidence collected supporting the charges) and the Motion for high bond consists of 3 pages (including proposed order for judge to sign for $1mil bond)

I am able to download them, again, I think it is because I am registered to the site.

Got it. I was able to view them on my laptop. My iPad only let me view the first page.

Yep! I do respite for families with open cases as well as foster families. The number one reason I end up doing respite care is the parents (or foster parents) need to travel and can't take the child(ren) with them.
Thank you for giving respite care!! It's something that is so needed and underappreciated.

Not many places he could take her to return before 8am. I’m sure the video also shows what time they left and who else was with them. Can’t wait to find out! I want him nailed to the wall.

Jumping off your post...
Taking the info posted by the media about the videos and the briefing that QX gave the other day, I get the impression that DV took all three children to daycare but only dropped off the 2 boys. The video shows him returning to the apt with just Maleah. QX talked about him bringing Maleah back to the apartment when she was supposed to be in daycare. I wonder if it was just this one time QX was referring to or was this something DV did at other times?

It was reported that DV did work some of the days that week, but was sent home because he was vomiting. By Friday he was “officially” home sick with the flu, according to a coworker. If he was vomiting at work that week, it could have been stress because of what he had done. Or he could have claimed he was vomiting at work, to set up his plan of calling out sick on Friday, so he could spend the day hiding the “evidence.”

Or she is non-verbal or has speech issues related to the TBI. I don't think that the residual effects of her TBI have been discussed anywhere.

We discussed possible speech issues (which could be a residual TBI effect) at some point yesterday. Image is from Cheryl Mercedes's KHOU video showing a CPS document that mentions Maleah qualified for PT, OT, and speech therapy. I speculated that if speech therapy was having a positive effect on whatever speech issues she had and she was becoming more verbal or easier to understand, that could have contributed to growing concern on the part of her caregivers about what she might say to people outside the family.

Attachments

• maleah 4.png
    maleah 4.png
    701.5 KB · Views: 309
rsbm

I don't have time to look for an actual link, so this is just by my memory - but no. I seem to remember it was a aunt who was told she couldn't see (pick up?) Maleah.

JMM/JMO

Thanks. I remembered an aunt also. But, I found out that it was the eldest's father who asked to see her on Friday night. It was in a subsequent paragraph in the documents. I updated my post.

We discussed possible speech issues (which could be a residual TBI effect) at some point yesterday. Image is from Cheryl Mercedes's KHOU video showing a CPS document that mentions Maleah qualified for PT, OT, and speech therapy. I speculated that if speech therapy was having a positive effect on whatever speech issues she had and she was becoming more verbal or easier to understand, that could have contributed to growing concern on the part of her caregivers about what she might say to people outside the family.

I think the impending court date was a factor also.
IMO, DV had plans for little MD, unfortunately things worked in his favor. Perhaps after the 05/22 hearing, he would not had access to her. Moo

ETA: I found later in the narrative that it was the eldest's father who asked to see Maleah at 7 PM on Friday night and the "defendant would not allow him to see her."

Maybe it’s just me (although I doubt it), but if someone (the fiancé of the mother of my child) told me I couldn’t see my daughter, regardless of if she was sick, all hell would’ve broken loose.

Nothing about a mom continuing a relationship with a man she caught bathing her daughter makes me think she’s a “caring mom”. IMO, she cared about having a man, if that’s what DV is. Moo
You have repeatedly mentioned DV/stepdads in general specifically bathing little girls. Is that something that has been mentioned in this case? Got a link?

You have repeatedly mentioned DV/stepdads in general specifically bathing little girls. Is that something that has been mentioned in this case? Got a link?

QX spoke about this in the PC with the mom. The video is floating around in the threads quite a bit. I'm on my phone, but can someone else bump the video link please? Ty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48