Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 #4 *STEPDAD ARRESTED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post was not in response to comment on DV or this case specifically. I was clear this situation is not included in my response, and tried to steer the conversation back to the case at hand. I do believe it's a large topic that requires veering away from what we do and do not know so far in this case.

Clearly anyone would agree she has absolutely no common sense, no parenting skills, and is possibly a criminal the type of which we do not even know yet.

Accidents are usually reported to 911 - not followed up by carrying a child out of your home in s trash bag.
Exactly. This wasn’t an accident, not in the standard sense.

We see this type of scenario far too often, mommy’s boyfriend gets angry at a child, and fatally hurts them.

The abuse is a crime in and of itself though, and that’s why we see a coverup, and not a call to police.

Last edited:
I agree, this image from youtube news channel abc13 seems much clearer re his pant leg while holding bleach :44 mark. Again, I could be wrong but I think the pixelation is off on the laundry basket image :35 mark because it has been zoomed in much closer IMO.

Just jumping in here and not at all caught up, but according to the video where Maleah is following DV, it's time stamped 07:something, so she was last seen just prior to 8AM Tuesday April 30th? Is that time correct?

Does this mean mom left on that 5am flight Tuesday or did she fly out later?

That image is so sad. Heartbreaking. That little baby wandering along behind him. I would never walk off from my kids like that. Always too worried about them being hurt or someone snatching them up.
One thing I do find a little strange, MOO, is his seeming disinterest in the girl. If he is the evil and plotting predator he’s being made to be from QX and BB, then this image seems conflicting to me.
IMO, I don’t necessarily trust much that was said in that press conference, otherwise, why not tell the police first? JMO ...I also didn’t trust a thing that idiot DV had to say about the carjacking, IMO. I think there is a lot more to this story that will come out in time. MOO These two probably don’t know what has been erased from a phone can be recovered. So, so sad

In order to be able to prey on a child, you have to be able to distance yourself from them and see them not as human but as objects.

DV comes back when I search for him.
It does for me now too. The unrelated BB comes up as well. Maybe they were updating either the inmate list or website when I checked earlier this morning. Thanks!

Just jumping in here and not at all caught up, but according to the video where Maleah is following DV, it's time stamped 07:something, so she was last seen just prior to 8AM Tuesday April 30th? Is that time correct?

I believe she could have been home when Maleah last entered.

Nothing has been released to figure this key factor. I believe she left later though and was home when DV an Maleah returned

The still from video surveillance of neighbors security camera seems to have date/time stamp but I am not sure if the data is accurate since the neighbor would have been the one responsible for entering time/date information upon installing and setting up the system. I'm hopeful LE will eventually clear up the timeline re the images and confirm exact times.

In this case DV was not a parent, step parent or an adoptive parent. His status was merely a boyfriend.
Moo
I get where you are coming from. I’m not defending this monster at all. I just want to say that if their son together is almost 2, then he was in Maleah’s life since she was a little over 1 year old. She planned to marry him. So, his status is a little more than just a boyfriend. IMO.

I don’t think that’s going to be the cause; she was so small, and probably couldn’t have done that if she tried.

I don’t think he intended to kill her, not that it makes him any less vile. He probably inflicted fatal injuries during an act of abuse.

I think the scratches are related to where he disposed of her, or an altercation.

yep yep yep, that is where I lean too

In order to be able to prey on a child, you have to be able to distance yourself from them and see them not as human but as objects.

Or, to be fair, anyone - remember FBI profiling a la "Silence of the Lambs"? Many of the serial killers who have been caught and have been willing to discuss their process, have said they had to depersonalize their victims before they could "work on" them, thinking of them as more of a large doll than a human being. Also why speeches made by distraught family members to potential abductors involve so many appeals reminding the abductors via personal details and humanizing anecdotes about the victim.

The still from video surveillance of neighbors security camera seems to have date/time stamp but I am not sure if the data is accurate since the neighbor would have been the one responsible for entering time/date information upon installing and setting up the system. I'm hopeful LE will eventually clear up the timeline re the images and confirm exact times.

IIRC The times used in the arrest records were the same as the times on the camera.

Last edited:
I'm curious what the day care will testify to one day in court. If she attended daily, you'd think they will have some interesting observations, if not things they should have reported, that will come out in trial. If Mothers outline of their lives reflects reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993