Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is dedicated to discussing details of Abby's and Libby's case. Please keep details related to the Nicole Bowen case in that dedicated thread. It gets confusing to read a post, wonder what the heck it is about, and then realize it pertains to another case/thread.

It's okay to make mild reference (as in "reminds me of ... in NB's case"), but to start discussing that case in more detail takes this thread off topic.

Yup that is the one. Thank you!

I may need to learn how to search and bring things forward :) Just have not taken the time.

I had no horse in the race as stated but knew it was addressed previously and people were asking.

Interactive parcel map of the trail and surrounding properties. You may have to search Indiana, Carroll County and manually zoom in on the area.
Beacon - Carroll County, IN

LE stated that none of the scenarios mapped out by online sleuthers are accurate with regards to the path that A/L and the killer took to the crime scene. Including GH’s scenario, which is the shortest distance between the end of the bridge where the video was taken and the site where the bodies were found. (GH confirmed this in one of his YT videos; an investigator actually had a phone conversation with him.)

What if the killer didn’t take control of the girls immediately at the end of the bridge? What if they didn’t want to cross the bridge again (maybe because this creepy guy was on it) and tried to circle back around or under the bridge to get to the trail head?

I was surprised to see that everything north of the trail, and west of the cemetery and RL’s property was the Mears’ property, including the trailhead that the girls used. (See map linked above.) And the Mears were out of town for the winter. Maybe the girls were in this area when the killer took them.

I wanted to add that the killer may have been familiar with the Mears’ property and that they were gone. It’s always struck me as significant that the bodies were found just over the property line, on the edge of Logan’s property, maybe on purpose. MOO.

Interactive parcel map of the trail and surrounding properties. You may have to search Indiana, Carroll County and manually zoom in on the area.
Beacon - Carroll County, IN

LE stated that none of the scenarios mapped out by online sleuthers are accurate with regards to the path that A/L and the killer took to the crime scene. Including GH’s scenario, which is the shortest distance between the end of the bridge where the video was taken and the site where the bodies were found. (GH confirmed this in one of his YT videos; an investigator actually had a phone conversation with him.)

What if the killer didn’t take control of the girls immediately at the end of the bridge? What if they didn’t want to cross the bridge again (maybe because this creepy guy was on it) and tried to circle back around or under the bridge to get to the trail head?

I was surprised to see that everything north of the trail, and west of the cemetery and RL’s property was the Mears’ property, including the trailhead that the girls used. (See map linked above.) And the Mears were out of town for the winter. Maybe the girls were in this area when the killer took them.

Other than below, I hadn’t noticed LE referring to anything specific regarding “re-enactments” but the fact that videos have apparently appeared on YouTube using actors I can almost imagine an imaginative but detailed confrontational scenario was also played out.

“And armchair detectives are even taking their interest in the case a step further by creating YouTube reenactments of the crime.

“[The videos] help us know that people don’t know [the true details], because the facts haven’t been released,” Holeman says. “People watch the news and think they are picking up on things, but it’s false. Nothing out there is accurate, which only leads to more false tips.”..”
Why Police Have Not Released Details on the Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams from Delphi, Indiana

That may well be true. That BG had been on the bridge in his strange get-up multiple times before. Odd that LE hasn’t asked people to think back to previous visits and if they noticed something off then.
Or a person who, as a high- schooler, used to play around the bridge, making a fort, bringing arrows, etc. They really have to talk to Delphi HS graduates who are 20-30 now.

Is today the day?

I sure hope so as well. I do feel confident there will be a day of reckoning for CCC. Seeing this creeper off of the street will be a day for celebration for all except CCC and anyone else who may have known or could have been involved (not saying I think there are others, just open to all possibilities).

Edited to rephrase final sentence.

Last edited:
I wanted to add that the killer may have been familiar with the Mears’ property and that they were gone. It’s always struck me as significant that the bodies were found just over the property line, on the edge of Logan’s property, maybe on purpose. MOO.

I believe BG knew the area very well. He had a very small window of time to do what he did and get out of there without being caught.
jmo

I thought I saw picture of early snapshot that showed a person just beginning to walk on the bridge. They are WAY back in the background.

I may have seen the photo you're referring to. In the original photo that Libby took of Abby there is something in the distance behind Abby that appears it could be a person. Yet, upon close examination, the "person" is seen to be a post.

There is also a version of the same photo where someone has apparently photo shopped the image so the post appears to look exactly like a person way behind Abby on the bridge.

The bottom line is; there was no person standing or walking off in the distance behind Abby on the bridge, imo.

Yes they could IF LE is certain who did this, as some posters profess. That's the angle I was taking. Some posters are positive LE knows. In that hypothetical, if LE is so darn certain then they would have overwhelming probable cause.
“Certain” to me means probable cause. And enough cause to be able to convict him.

Just curious if anyone knows or remembers--is it common for most people who go there to walk across the bridge? I look at it and probably would not be one who would walk it. I dislike the look of the height, no rails, etc. (which I gather have now been added). Would you warn your children not to walk on it or is it fairly safe if they are old enough and responsible? I know it is a backdrop for pictures, etc., I just mean generally speaking.

ETA--I would be one to not walk it I meant.

Just in case anyone is wondering, my amateur sleuthings have taken me this far: I've identified three possible suspects, one with the chin, one with the hair, and one with the nose and ears. Now if I could only combine them, I would be rich!
(just my attempt to lighten things up a bit, and I have actually seen some of these resemblances) MOO

Just in case anyone is wondering, my amateur sleuthings have taken me this far: I've identified three possible suspects, one with the chin, one with the hair, and one with the nose and ears. Now if I could only combine them, I would be rich!
(just my attempt to lighten things up a bit, and I have actually seen some of these resemblances) MOO
Reminds me of putting a Mr. Potato Head together.

For those who missed my earlier post.

This thread is dedicated to discussing details of Abby's and Libby's case. Please keep details related to the Nicole Bowen case in that dedicated thread. It gets confusing to read a post, wonder what the heck it is about, and then realize it pertains to another case/thread.

It's okay to make mild reference (as in "reminds me of ... in NB's case"), but to start discussing that case in more detail takes this thread off topic.

GK is NOT an officially named POI/suspect in Abby and Libby's case. Keep your posts about him, and about Nicole's case in general, in Nicole's thread or face a thread reply ban.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member