Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought - the oldest son was picked up on Friday, if I recall correctly - also when the bio dad wasn't allowed to see Maleah. So, I wonder what the older son has said about where Maleah was while he was there, her physical state, and when he last saw her?

A small child can sit on your lap and not need their own ticket

It looks like Frontier is the only domestic one that allows it for children over 2. Do we know what airline she was on?

There were probably restrictions on maleah’s ability to fly anywhere with BB, both medically and from CPS.
Those restrictions are for a parent to follow, like making her wear her helmet (which she did not do). An airline would have no way of knowing if there were restrictions.

DBM - Question about gas can condition when found already answered upthread

I'm curious...and maybe I missed an answer/speculation to this somewhere in all the threads....
Does anyone know exactly what day the step father was sent home from work for vomiting? Ivory Hecker's (Fox 26) tweet only said he was sent home that week & "had the flu" by Friday. I've read that he left for work after he brought Maleah back on Tuesday but then returned. I cannot find anything verifying that though, so I just replied to Ivory Hecker in hopes she knows whether he was at work on Tuesday or not, and all day if so.

My question is - what was the plan for Maleah that Tuesday? He took the son to daycare. BB was flying out later that morning. If he was supposed to go to work and/or tried to/did for a short time. Why would he have brought her back home? They wouldn't have left her home all day by herself at her age, I would think.

Did Maleah get upset and not want to stay at daycare & he figured BB would have her friend drop her off at the daycare on the way to the airport then something happened and that wasn't necessary for BB to ask the friend? Or was that the day he was sent home and the vomiting was related to circumstances at home due to stress/anxiousness? Or was he pre-approved to be off that day?

The last day Maleah was at daycare was Friday, April 26.

Has it been stated that the gas can was empty when found?

Has it been stated that there is evidence that there clearly had been gas in the newly purchased gas can at some point?

It was stated that it had some gas in it - I believe they said partially full, so not sure exactly how much.

There were probably restrictions on maleah’s ability to fly anywhere with BB, both medically and from CPS.
This is likely true.

I know it sounds harsh to say someone should miss their father’s funeral for any reason. But when it comes to a small child who depends on you, it’s just the way it is.
I had to miss my grandmother’s funeral b/c my 1 yr. old was too sick to fly. Leaving my sick 1 yr. old was not even an option in my mind, and I know for a fact my grandmother would have agreed! And my family would have never expected me to do that. And I mean leaving her with my husband, the best father in the world. I still wouldn’t have done it.
I can’t even comprehend entertaining the idea of leaving a child who recently had brain surgery. Never never never.

It’s also very, very unlikely that she would have been permitted to fly. I know there would be no way the airline would know of that, but with swelling in the brain given her surgery and removal of a portion of her skull, it could have resulted in, at worst death. For the type of procedure she had (craniotomy), patients are advised against flying for at least 6 weeks, if not more.

A caretaker reports a child missing and gives a detailed account of what happened. But as the story unravels, the caretaker becomes the suspect.

[snip]

And that's what's happening now in the case of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who was reported missing May 4 and still hasn't been found.
Maleah Davis case: Once again, police suspect a caretaker disguised a crime by claiming a child went missing - CNN

A court date for Maleah Davis' mother's live-in boyfriend on Monday turned into a volatile scene as protesters chased the missing girl's mother out of the Houston courthouse and down the street, alleging that she was just as complicit in her daughter's possible death.

[snip]

"The main thing right now that all of us want to know is, what did he do with Maleah?" Quanell X said.

The protesters drowned out Quanell X as he spoke to reporters.
Protesters mob Maleah Davis’ mother after court hearing for her boyfriend

On Sunday, KHOU 11 contacted Harrell Funeral Home in Springfield, Mass., whose owner Ron Harold said that Brittany Bowens attended her father's funeral on April 27.

Many of our viewers responded, saying they were confused about the timeline of events, given that Brittany Bowens said she traveled to Massachusetts on April 30.

[snip]

Houston police have confirmed via flight records that Brittany Bowens flew to Massachusetts on April 30 and returned to Houston May 3, the night before Maleah was reported missing.

Did Maleah Davis' mother attend her father's funeral in Massachusetts?

Last edited:
It’s also very, very unlikely that she would have been permitted to fly. I know there would be no way the airline would know of that, but with swelling in the brain given her surgery and removal of a portion of her skull, it could have resulted in, at worst death. For the type of procedure she had (craniotomy), patients are advised against flying for at least 6 weeks, if not more.
I agree. I'm just trying to figure out why Maleah was taken back home if nobody was going to be there (assuming DV had to work). Could be she was planning on going with them to the airport to see mom off... the only other reasons I can think of are outside of the realm of accident or accidental abuse

I am not sure that we know the extent of her brain damage, from the "inconclusive "fall"". There is no real way to make a conclusive statement, she could just have a speech delay, or problems with recall and memory. No clue. It doesn't seem like she had any fine or gross motor problems.

Being a speech therapist myself, I’m curious to know where her being in therapy originated? I’ve read quite a bit about this case but haven’t seen anything regard therapy, so I’m curious to know. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon