Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
maleah-1-abc-er-190512_hpMain_4x3_992.jpg

I thought the pic of them returning to the apartment was on his way back from dropping off the other child at daycare... Is this not correct?
The timestamp is on the still-4/30/19 @ 07:54, although on another the time was 8:53. Have any of you noticed that the view is slightly different in some of the stills? One is from the neighbor across the way 8:53 am, this one may be from the neighbor next door 7:53 am?

Being a speech therapist myself, I’m curious to know where her being in therapy originated? I’ve read quite a bit about this case but haven’t seen anything regard therapy, so I’m curious to know. TIA
There was definitely some mention of her either being eligible for speech therapy or being in speech therapy but I don't remember where. I'll try to find it.

I thought the pic of them returning to the apartment was on his way back from dropping off the other child at daycare... Is this not correct?

I think he may have also gone to work, based on the timing- he dropped the others at daycare, went to work for some brief amount of time, said he threw up and then returned home with Maleah. The details are confusing; if anyone has contradictory information please let me know!

The timestamp is on the still-4/30/19 @ 07:54, although on another I saw the time was 8:53. Have any of you noticed that the view is slightly different in some of the stills? One is from the neighbor across the way 8:53 am, this one may be from the neighbor next door 7:53 am?
all the stills are cropped by the media from the same camera, the camera has a pretty large field of view, the timestamps are added by the media, the original timestamp is at the top in black and can be seen in the released video clip (also cropped) of DV walking to his car alone
ETA:my opinion
SUN10pm.SALLYPKG.MALEYAHFOLOVIGIL.mja_ToKPRCftp_1557715606817_21844905_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

https://media.click2houston.com/photo/2019/05/12/SUN10pm.SALLYPKG.MALEYAHFOLOVIGIL.mja_ToKPRCftp_1557715606817_21844905_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

Last edited:
I think it was referenced in the still and screenshots of CPS docs shown during video discussing the reason for Maleah's involvement with that agency. I don't recall which local news site aired that footage off the top of my head. Media thread may have it linked.
Was it the woman who posted some documents about the case on Twitter? I can't remember her name but I read parts of the documents that were available regarding her injuries. It was not clear if she required speech therapy before the injury, or if it was a result of the brain injury.

MOO but even BB could have hit her in anger over her “man” wanting the baby over HER... or something and in her fragile state accidentally fatally injured her. It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibilities, unfortunately.
Just speculation.

Goodness gracious what a sick world. My heart is breaking for MD everyday.

Her saying that she did not have house keys and wanted somebody to walk in the house with her makes me think she is protecting herself from going in alone and being blamed for anything. I think she wanted other people there when she walked in the door for some reason. I've seen that in quite a few ID Channel shows if you know what I mean. If you share the use of a car, I would think that you have your own set of keys vs just one set of car/house keys and you would be in possession of them at all times if you are traveling away from home.

Not saying anything pro or con about her because the whole thing is nonsensical to me. But...

when I travel and someone from my home is picking me up at the airport, I don't carry my keys. Just because I don't want to lose them through TSA or anywhere else.

I think that the first thing she would have noticed upon arriving at the complex is that the Nissan was not there. So, why be nervous to enter the apartment as it appeared he and the kids were not at home?

A wellness check is not a full battle dress with police knocking down the door. The apartment super would go and a walk around would happen. The police might enter if they have permission from the renter to see if anything is wrong. Yesterday, the grandmother said she talked to a cop in the parking lot for help. Curious and curiouser!

A caretaker reports a child missing and gives a detailed account of what happened. But as the story unravels, the caretaker becomes the suspect.

[snip]

And that's what's happening now in the case of 4-year-old Maleah Davis, who was reported missing May 4 and still hasn't been found.
Maleah Davis case: Once again, police suspect a caretaker disguised a crime by claiming a child went missing - CNN

A court date for Maleah Davis' mother's live-in boyfriend on Monday turned into a volatile scene as protesters chased the missing girl's mother out of the Houston courthouse and down the street, alleging that she was just as complicit in her daughter's possible death.

[snip]

"The main thing right now that all of us want to know is, what did he do with Maleah?" Quanell X said.

The protesters drowned out Quanell X as he spoke to reporters.
Protesters mob Maleah Davis’ mother after court hearing for her boyfriend

On Sunday, KHOU 11 contacted Harrell Funeral Home in Springfield, Mass., whose owner Ron Harold said that Brittany Bowens attended her father's funeral on April 27.

Many of our viewers responded, saying they were confused about the timeline of events, given that Brittany Bowens said she traveled to Massachusetts on April 30.

[snip]

Houston police have confirmed via flight records that Brittany Bowens flew to Massachusetts on April 30 and returned to Houston May 3, the night before Maleah was reported missing.

Did Maleah Davis' mother attend her father's funeral in Massachusetts?

Thank you. So glad the timeline for BB has been cleared up.

Ok, but why didn't he leave her when he took the son that morning? He brought her back. Presumably they'd go to the same daycare.

She wasn’t dressed for daycare, so he had no intention in leaving her, imo.
Idk why he took her, unless mom was already gone.
But moo, her flight was much later.

I believe Maleah would have been eligible for Special Education services.
There is a term, "Other Health Impaired," which would qualify in her case.
It covers a variety of conditions, diseases, disorders, or injuries that affect a child's strength, vitality, or alertness. It must be a condition that will have an impact for at least 60 days and affects the child's ability to learn.

CPS would have been well aware of this, and would have worked closely with the family to ensure that Maleah get the benefits and services she qualified for.
It has been mentioned by LE in some articles that Maleah needed medical attention or required Special Needs, this is likely what he was referring to.

The parents would have had to fill out paperwork and attend meetings in order to complete an IEP. Parents must be involved in this process, and be aware of their rights. They would have had a lot of paperwork to read through.
I don't know if they followed through with this process or not, but considering the fact Maleah wasn't even wearing her helmet in many pictures tells me mom didn't show much concern for her safety and seeking services for her may have been something she did not want to be bothered with. Imo
Sadly, pretty obvious Maleah had no priority in the household. Shame on all of them. MOO

There was definitely some mention of her either being eligible for speech therapy or being in speech therapy but I don't remember where. I'll try to find it.

@MsBetsy several days ago I asked if M was verbal or non, someone said she was eligible for speech therapy. I have never found any supporting documentation she was actually involved in ST. I think the last thing BB/DV wanted was for M to be articulate. Jmo.

@astansell said:
Being a speech therapist myself, I’m curious to know where her being in therapy originated? I’ve read quite a bit about this case but haven’t seen anything regard therapy, so I’m curious to know. TIA
Khou reporter Cheryl Mercedes made statements last week that Khou obtained 300+ pages regarding CPS investigation, and there was a screen shot of a partial document that referred to speech. Just wish reporter would upload those documents to shared site!

ETA: I attempted to locate the screenshot and re-post here but noticed the post was mod-snipped.

Perhaps the source was not as it seemed, and in that case - there's no confirmation but speculation only about Maleah with speech disorder/therapy. bbm

Last edited:

@MsBetsy several days ago I asked if M was verbal or non, someone said she was eligible for speech therapy. I have never found any supporting documentation she was actually involved in ST. I think the last thing BB/DV wanted was for M to be articulate. Jmo.

I’m not saying this ad fact, just MOO
If she had any communication issues, it would’ve probably be included in the Amber Alert where they listed her needing critical medical care. Obviously, mistakes are made and/or parents don’t disclose everything, but not being able to communicate is a HUGE thing to not include.
Also, I recall BB2 saying something about Lake Charles and wanting to go, which tells me she almost certainly had some communication skills

@astansell said:

Khou reporter Cheryl Mercedes made statements last week that Khou obtained 300+ pages regarding CPS investigation, and there was a screen shot of a partial document that referred to speech. Just wish reporter would upload those documents to shared site!

Me toooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member