Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying anything pro or con about her because the whole thing is nonsensical to me. But...

when I travel and someone from my home is picking me up at the airport, I don't carry my keys. Just because I don't want to lose them through TSA or anywhere else.

I think that the first thing she would have noticed upon arriving at the complex is that the Nissan was not there. So, why be nervous to enter the apartment as it appeared he and the kids were not at home?

A wellness check is not a full battle dress with police knocking down the door. The apartment super would go and a walk around would happen. The police might enter if they have permission from the renter to see if anything is wrong. Yesterday, the grandmother said she talked to a cop in the parking lot for help. Curious and curiouser!

When I travel, I always have my keys with me. I would never travel without having my own keys to the car and the house. Keys and phone at all times.

The business about entering the apt is sketchy, IMHO.

She lives there, correct? Wouldn’t her mother have a copy of her apartment key?

I think she had a good idea of what she was going to find / not find and wanted to have “someone else” there to record her “surprised” look and set up some sort of alibi.

I sure as heck hope LE has access to texts between DV and BB for those several days.

@astansell said:
Being a speech therapist myself, I’m curious to know where her being in therapy originated? I’ve read quite a bit about this case but haven’t seen anything regard therapy, so I’m curious to know. TIA

Khou reporter Cheryl Mercedes made statements last week that Khou obtained 300+ pages regarding CPS investigation, and there was a screen shot of a partial document that referred to speech. Just wish reporter would upload those documents to shared site!
That's it! Thank you! I just scanned through two threads and couldn't find it. I knew I saw it in a document somewhere. It wasn't very clear and I would really like to read the whole thing, too.
I also remember reading details about the trips to the ER, and how Brittany denied that her daughter was vomiting and lethargic which had led to one of her previous visits.
This made me think that Maleah had a head injury before the incident falling off the chair.
The doctor stated that when they opened her scalp, the color of the blood looked old, as if from a previous injury.
I wondered if when she was brought in for vomiting and lethargy, (symptoms which BB later denied) that she had suffered a blow to the head or some type of head injury. The hospital did not complete any x-rays at that time so we will never know.
I think at some point we will find that there was extensive on-going physical abuse which Brittany covered up. She had so many chances to save her child but did nothing. Imo

I guess we will have to wait for more of the story to unfold.
Now if only we can verify what time her flight left that day!!!

Last edited:
That's it! Thank you! I just scanned through two threads and couldn't find it. I knew I saw it in a document somewhere. It wasn't very clear and I would really like to read the whole thing, too.
I also remember reading details about the trips to the ER, and how Brittany denied that her daughter was vomiting and lethargic which had led to one of her previous visits.
This made me think that Maleah had a head injury BEFORE the incident falling of the chair.
The doctor stated that when they opened her scalp, that the color of the blood looked old, as if from a previous injury.
I wondered if when she was brought in for vomiting and lethargy, (symptoms which BB later denied) that she had suffered a blow to the head or some type of head injury. The hospital did not complete any x-rays at that time so we will never know.
I think at some point we will find that there was extensive on-going physical abuse which Brittany covered up. She had so many chances to save her child but did nothing. Imo

Ms. Betsy, this is what I suspect too- the vomiting and lethargy, et al was from a tbi that had already happened, hence the “falling off a chair” not making sense.

ETA, maybe she “fell off a chair” when the actual seizure happened, days after the actual tbi event.

Last edited:
Her saying that she did not have house keys and wanted somebody to walk in the house with her makes me think she is protecting herself from going in alone and being blamed for anything. I think she wanted other people there when she walked in the door for some reason. I've seen that in quite a few ID Channel shows if you know what I mean. If you share the use of a car, I would think that you have your own set of keys vs just one set of car/house keys and you would be in possession of them at all times if you are traveling away from home.
A little late responding but personally, when I travel out of town (not via my own car) I do not take my car keys with me. Even when my and my bf go on dates and he picks me up (we do not live together) I take my house keys, which include my car keys, and then leave them in his glove compartment so I don't have to carry them around all day wherever we are going. I know I am not going to need my car keys because I'm not driving/my car isn't present and I won't need my house keys until I am dropped off back home which would be via his car so I leave my key there. I also have roommates that frequently go out with friends and if they know someone will be home they will not take their keys with them in order to avoid having to carry them and risk losing them during a night out. So I don't find it odd at all that BB didn't have her house keys (and/or car keys, this is the first mention/question of if there was a second pair of car keys and why she didn't have them if there were).

However, I totally agree with your observation about her wanting someone to enter the apartment for the first time with her. Almost as if she needs someone to witness her reaction (or lack thereof) so that it's believable and so that she can play the unknowing role in real time. If anything were to be out of place it would appear to have occurred before her physical return to the apartment.

This made me think that Maleah had a head injury BEFORE the incident falling of the chair.
The doctor stated that when they opened her scalp, that the color of the blood looked old, as if from a previous injury.

I recommend a full ophthalmic exam with suspected head injury cases for children, because there is often evidence of retinal bleeding, that cannot be seen without a full ophthalmic exam. That shows a more complete picture.

Retinal bleeds are indicative of shaking, and more sustained trauma, than just falling and hitting her head. You can see micro bleeds on the back of the retina, and even tears. Children often don't notice field loss in their vision, blurry vision, especially pre readers.

@MsBetsy - Earlier I also sought confirmation about the speech issue, and a poster supplied the screen shot link, etc. Just attempted to re-post it here and found it was mod-snipped. I'm assuming the source was not as we believed so I guess were back to speculating only, and no confirmation.

Thank you. So glad the timeline for BB has been cleared up.
Hmmmmmmm The last day she was at daycare was the 26th.
Thursday, May 9: The owner of Maleah's daycare told KHOU that they haven't seen her since April 26. The owner said Vence picked up his son Friday but Maleah wasn't with him.
Mom left for Massachusettes on the 30th.
What went on between the 26th,and 30th?

@MsBetsy - Earlier I also sought confirmation about the speech issue, and a poster supplied the screen shot link, etc. Just attempted to re-post it here and found it was mod-snipped. I'm assuming the source was not as we believed so I guess were back to speculating only, and no confirmation.
It was my post that was modsnipped, and I'm pretty new here so I'm just curious - since the video including the documents was posted to MSM and is still up/live, what could be making mods think the source is not credible? Anybody know?

Hmmmmmmm The last day she was at daycare was the 26th.
Thursday, May 9: The owner of Maleah's daycare told KHOU that they haven't seen her since April 26. The owner said Vence picked up his son Friday but Maleah wasn't with him.
Mom left for Massachusettes on the 30th.
What went on between the 26th,and 30th?
Did Maleah Davis' mother attend her father's funeral in Massachusetts?

It turns out that the funeral home representative was reporting that there was a memorial service for BB's father on 4/27, but he did not confirm who attended it. There was a separate burial on 5/1, which both BB and her sister did attend. BB was not in Massachusetts on 4/27 after all; it's been confirmed she flew there on 4/30 (timing has very aggravatingly not been confirmed yet).

A little late responding but personally, when I travel out of town (not via my own car) I do not take my car keys with me. Even when my and my bf go on dates and he picks me up (we do not live together) I take my house keys, which include my car keys, and then leave them in his glove compartment so I don't have to carry them around all day wherever we are going. I know I am not going to need my car keys because I'm not driving/my car isn't present and I won't need my house keys until I am dropped off back home which would be via his car so I leave my key there. I also have roommates that frequently go out with friends and if they know someone will be home they will not take their keys with them in order to avoid having to carry them and risk losing them during a night out. So I don't find it odd at all that BB didn't have her house keys (and/or car keys, this is the first mention/question of if there was a second pair of car keys and why she didn't have them if there were).

However, I totally agree with your observation about her wanting someone to enter the apartment for the first time with her. Almost as if she needs someone to witness her reaction (or lack thereof) so that it's believable and so that she can play the unknowing role in real time. If anything were to be out of place it would appear to have occurred before her physical return to the apartment.

I agree about the entry to the apartment, She needed a witness. Everything she seems to have done points to her covering her back in one way or another. Entering the apt, Texts to 'friend' regarding the morning of her flight etc. If my partner had not picked me up from the airport & I was unaware where my baby was, Im not waiting on nobody. You would be busting down doors, and this is without 'recieving disturbing texts' or 'Inappropriate bathing', Physical abuse etc. All my own thoughts an opinion...

What if.
Just a "What If", not even that this is my theory.
It's less than an "opinion" for sure... Purely speculative wondering....
What if DB DID manage to sneak Maleah in without alerting BB, and DV accidentally killed her trying to keep her quiet? Just wondering if it's possible he thought BB would've already been gone for the airport? IDK. I'm convinced of physical abuse, but I've seen no proof of sexual abuse yet. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means the allegation can't be relied on as fact.
Thoughts on possible asphyxiation while keeping her quiet?
Not even MOO. Just questioning...
Her head injury makes me lean more towards a physical act involving that which ended her life, but I just don't know. I always look for answers online, when there really aren't any.

I agree about the entry to the apartment, She needed a witness. Everything she seems to have done points to her covering her back in one way or another. Entering the apt, Texts to 'friend' regarding the morning of her flight etc. If my partner had not picked me up from the airport & I was unaware where my baby was, Im not waiting on nobody. You would be busting down doors, and this is without 'recieving disturbing texts' or 'Inappropriate bathing', Physical abuse etc. All my own thoughts an opinion...

I agree. I can't understand all the time wasting Friday-Saturday on the part of BB.

When I travel, I always have my keys with me. I would never travel without having my own keys to the car and the house. Keys and phone at all times.

The business about entering the apt is sketchy, IMHO.

She lives there, correct? Wouldn’t her mother have a copy of her apartment key?

I think she had a good idea of what she was going to find / not find and wanted to have “someone else” there to record her “surprised” look and set up some sort of alibi.

I sure as heck hope LE has access to texts between DV and BB for those several days.
Bolding mine.

ITA.

Keep checking to see that remains are found. :(

I think he may have also gone to work, based on the timing- he dropped the others at daycare, went to work for some brief amount of time, said he threw up and then returned home with Maleah. The details are confusing; if anyone has contradictory information please let me know!

In times like this, it's good to bump the latest timeline that one of our members have done. Can somebody bump it up? T i a

What if.
Just a "What If", not even that this is my theory.
It's less than an "opinion" for sure... Purely speculative wondering....
What if DB DID manage to sneak Maleah in without alerting BB, and DV accidentally killed her trying to keep her quiet? Just wondering if it's possible he thought BB would've already been gone for the airport? IDK. I'm convinced of physical abuse, but I've seen no proof of sexual abuse yet. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means the allegation can't be relied on as fact.
Thoughts on possible asphyxiation while keeping her quiet?
Not even MOO. Just questioning...
Her head injury makes me lean more towards a physical act involving that which ended her life, but I just don't know. I always look for answers online, when there really aren't any.

I would guess that unless she was in the shower when they came in, it would be hard to sneak her in.

Can anyone explain to me the logic of having a fight and breaking up with a significant other, then leaving the state, and leaving your daughter with this person? A person who previously abused your child?
I think they both may have been bad parents less concerned with the children than they were about "looking like" a stable family. BB was trying to get custody back from the state, trying to prove relationship stability by saying things like stepdad or fiance. Maybe DV didn't want that role, hell, maybe they hated eachother and it was more about custody or money. The kids might have just been objects or tools to them to get money or benefits... just my opinion
ETA: reading over my comment this describes a lot of people unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member