Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok according to Ivory Hecker (Fox 26) DV was sent home on the 30th, which is the day that BB was flying out. So again...why would he bring Maleah back home after dropping off the son at daycare knowing he was going to work and BB was flying out soon thereafter? It doesn't make much sense. And was the vomiting a result of stress/anxiousness about what may have occurred at home before he went to work?

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
These are the questions along with any presumption that BB was still home when Maleah was last seen entering (my opinion) are where it all starts.

Ok according to Ivory Hecker (Fox 26) DV was sent home on the 30th, which is the day that BB was flying out. So again...why would he bring Maleah back home after dropping off the son at daycare knowing he was going to work and BB was flying out soon thereafter? It doesn't make much sense. And was the vomiting a result of stress/anxiousness about what may have occurred at home before he went to work?

Had the defendent not made up that abducted by 3 bad hombres story, Id say both had the flu that day as told to CD why he could not see his child.

Today I don’t believe anything attributed to him. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

There was an article that stated he was vomiting at work a few times during the week and by Friday he was officially off sick with the flu. It sounded like he was not at work at all on Friday.

According to the video from the apartments he carried the basket out, which likely contained Maleah, Friday afternoon. I don’t remember the time - sometime after 1:00 pm.
Yes, apparently he was home with the "flu" by Friday, May 3. The laundry basket video is timestamped May 3 but I can't find the time of day either. Coincidence? I think not.
Ivory Hecker FOX 26
ETA: I'm still looking for a verification link of the time but 1:40 pm was posted in the last thread.

Last edited:
We don't know the need for speech therapy and whether it was ordered before the TBI. I did see a picture some where and did notice that the surgery was on the left side of her head. So, I could see where she may need speech therapy from the surgery. But, some TBI patients also have dysphagia and would need speech therapy for that as well. Speech therapy involves more than being verbal or non-verbal. There's a rumor going around that if true, makes me think she was verbal in some capacity. Whether she had aphasia or dysphagia or some other speech issue going on, we have no idea at this point.

I saw the video and paused and read through the documents. I have not looked for the video. However, it could have been pulled due to CPS having legal custody and still investigating, a confidentiality issue, a HIPAA violations, etc. There was a lot of information on that video that could present problems at some point. HIPAA was my first thought when I saw the video; but that's from working in the field.

Yes, I wasn’t asking why she needed ST, but where that was stated. I’ve been a ST in TX for almost 8 years, there’s certainly so much more to therapy than being able to verbalize. Although, I don’t believe the needs has to do with dysphasia, but it’s possible.

I agree, HUGE HIPPA violation.

Yeah, I'd also like to know why the portion showing BB leaving for the airport hasn't been released. IMO it's possible that LE sees no value in releasing it - IOW, BB may have left prior to the last sighting of Maleah on camera and therefore no reason to give it to msm. I doubt LE cares much about BB's reputation at the moment and so isn't concerned with public opinion IYKWIM.
They may be building a case, they would probably prefer not to inform us of ANY progress, clues or investigations. I think if LE had their way we would never be told anything until there are charges.

Yes, apparently he was home with the "flu" by Friday, May 3. The laundry basket video is timestamped May 3 but I can't find the time of day either. Coincidence? I think not.
Ivory Hecker FOX 26
ETA: I'm still looking for a verification link of the time but 1:40 pm was posted in the last thread.

VIDEO: Judge sets $1 million bond for stepfather charged in Maleah Davis disappearance

ADA states that the neighbor's video showing DV leaving the apartment with laundry basket was at 1:40 PM. Can be seen at about 2:20 in the above video.

The following is an article about CPS workers in Texas urban areas (Austin, specifically, but I'm sure it applies to Houston, too) and how overwhelmed they were. I came across it, guess what? While looking at other WS child abuse cases :(

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/no-one-knows-what-could-be-happening-to-those-kids/

It's from 1999 but I suspect it's just as applicable today. It gives me great insight into cases like Maleah's and her family. Tears.

I'm depressed for life now. These poor poor babies.

Darion Vence's coworker tells me he was sent home sick on April 30 and May 1. By Friday he was officially "home sick with the flu." The week after Maleah was reported missing, he didn't show up for work at all, according to the coworker at PharMEDium in Sugar Land.
10:11 AM - 14 May 2019
So he was sent home sick on Tuesday, the day BB left for the funeral and the last time Maleah was seen on camera. Then again on Wednesday, May 1st, and then was out all day on Friday, the day BB came home.
Not sure if I have that right but which day again was the last time Maleah was at Daycare? Do we know how many days she was absent due to the "flu?" Her dad came to pick her up on Friday and was told she was sick and I thought that it was around the 26th of April that she was last in school but I want to make sure that's right. That's a long time to be sick with the flu.
And where was CPS during all this time? Since they had legal custody I would think they would be in regular contact with the daycare and following up on any days she was absent to make sure she was seen by a doctor. Imo

So he was sent home sick on Tuesday, the day BB left for the funeral and the last time Maleah was seen on camera. Then again on Wednesday, May 1st, and then was out all day on Friday, the day BB came home.
Not sure if I have that right but which day again was the last time Maleah was at Daycare? Do we know how many days she was absent due to the "flu?" Her dad came to pick her up on Friday and was told she was sick and I thought that it was around the 26th of April that she was last in school but I want to make sure that's right. That's a long time to be sick with the flu.
And where was CPS during all this time? Since they had legal custody I would think they would be in regular contact with the daycare and following up on any days she was absent to make sure she was seen by a doctor. Imo
Maleah was last seen at daycare the 26th - the week before all this.

The center’s records show Maleah was last there on April 26.
'I miss Maleah' | Preschool friends are asking about missing 4-year-old
So April 26 was the last time at daycare, May 3 DV was not at work and that same day he's seen with the laundry basket.

I'm not so sure Maleah really had the flu. The first report came from Det. Holbrook who said she was sick that week but it's not clear where he got that information from - DV or BB?
Maleah Davis: The 4-year-old missing girl had undergone multiple brain surgeries - CNN

The following is an article about CPS workers in Texas urban areas (Austin, specifically, but I'm sure it applies to Houston, too) and how overwhelmed they were. I came across it, guess what? While looking at other WS child abuse cases :(

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/no-one-knows-what-could-be-happening-to-those-kids/

It's from 1999 but I suspect it's just as applicable today. It gives me great insight into cases like Maleah's and her family. Tears.
Well, a lot can change in just one year but it's true that many times they are overwhelmed due to work overload, high turn over rates, and what that costs them financially. I read at one time that the average amount of time a case worker stays is two years.
But if this was a problem back in 1999, it seems they have had plenty of time to do something about it. I'm not sure what that takes but I know it can be done.
Sometimes it takes a tragic death of a child for them to take any action.
Pennsylvania used to be understaffed but after a child was raped, tortured and murdered by her parents a few years ago they did a complete turnaround.
I would think state funding for CPS should be a top priority. Imo

Texas Equusearch is resuming the ground search for 4-year-old Maleah Davis in Brazoria County this morning.

Equusearch was initially looking for little Maleah in northeast Houston but it has been reported to MPN that the stepfather of Maleah was an employee of the Rosharon Post Office and officials are focussing on searching areas near the post office.

The crew has set up a command post near the Creepy Hollow House on 288, Rosharon, Tx.

Ground search for Maleah Davis resumes in Brazoria County - My Pearland News

Im back to Lurking after this post but, I see there is still not verified time for BBs departure. Strange as we know she would have been caught on the same camera as DV an Maleah. DVs charge is still only Tampering with evidence/corpse, is this correct? Leads me to believe that LE may feel he was not the only or maybe not the main perp. Still catching up btw so sorry if im repeating anything.
Didn't think about this until now. Maybe BB's alibi is an obstacle. Would need to look at the timeline again, but could she have driven home and then back to New England to take the flight?

I was hoping to see those murder charges added today. I wonder if he's clammed up. Just tell us where this poor little girl's body is and maybe you won't get death. I cannot understand violence against children (or anyone for that matter) and may need to step away from this case because it's been too upsetting.
I also cannot understand leaving my child, my beautiful daughter, with someone I suspected abused her. What in the actual F is the thought process there???

IMO

Thank you!!!! So he came home sick Tuesday, didn't go in Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

I'm still confused about Tuesday. How does the still of him bringing back Maleah fit into that timeline? Did he go to work after that? Can you ask the reporter what his schedule was?

Thank you!!!! So he came home sick Tuesday, didn't go in Wednesday, Thursday or Friday?

I'm still confused about Tuesday. How does the still of him bringing back Maleah fit into that timeline? Did he go to work after that? Can you ask the reporter what his schedule was?

He brought her back just before 8 am on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shonnellb