Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

No not again!! I silently scream to myself. If you check the spotlight on children forum you will notice almost every thread has *parent(s) arrested* added to the title, that is the reality we are dealing with that 9 times out of 10 when a child is missing more than 48 hours it’s likely they’ve come to some harm and usually at the hands of those who were supposed to care for them. But a 22 month old same age as my youngest does not toddle off far, not for this long.
He is so adorable I hope they find him soon and I hope I’m wrong and he’s safe.

Missing Pieces Network is stating they’ll be a candlelight vigil.

Missing Pieces Network

“There will be a candlelight prayer vigil for Kenneth Howard this evening at 7:00 PM. The event will take place at Ramey Memorial Park located at 171 Dixie Ave in Salyersville, KY.

If you can’t attend in person, we’re inviting everyone to show their support by lighting a candle to help guide Little Kenneth home

Help Light the Way Home for Kenneth Howard

UPDATE 5-14-19 3:00 PM: Several search teams are back in the area this afternoon.

UPDATE 5-14-19 11:00 AM: The Kentucky State Police is now in charge of the investigation. There are no search teams in the area. Detective are at Kenneth’s residence right now.

UPDATE 5-14-19 9:30 AM: The search for Kenneth was officially suspended last night at 6:30 p.m., but non-emergency management search teams and volunteers are still on the scene.

Carter Conley, Chief of Magoffin County Search and Rescue said, “Right now, we just really don’t have a clear idea if he’s there in the area.”

The grid pattern was a half mile radius from the house. K-9’s reportedly searched the area multiple times.

“There are circumstances we can’t talk about right now.”

If further information becomes available the official search will be reinstated.

We will continue to update you throughout the day.

UPDATE 5-13-19 4:30 pm:
According to WKYT, family friends say little Kenneth is very curious, smart, and active. They believe that curiosity took him out the back door and up a hillside behind the family’s home while his dad was on the front porch.

The home sits at the end of the roadway facing the road. Friends say if he had wondered down the road his dad would’ve seen him from the front porch. That is why search is focusing on hillsides that surround both sides and the back of the home.

When they noticed the toddler missing family and friends searched the area for about 30 minutes. After finding no signs of him they called 911. The formal search operation got underway around 8:30 Sunday evening and has been ongoing ever since.

Contrary to what some media outlets have reported, the search did continue overnight. The rain was an issue for the drones, but professional search teams and K-9’s were out all night.

⚠️ URGENT SEARCH FOR MISSING TODDLER

A frantic search is underway for 22-month old Kenneth Howard who was last seen by his father playing in the yard of his Magoffin County, KY on the evening of Sunday, May 12, 2019. The toddler was discovered missing around 7:30 p.m. Police were called around 8:30 p.m. after the family searched and couldn’t find Kenneth.

Kenneth Howard is described as having blonde hair and blue eyes and was last seen wearing red jogging pants, sandals and a gray Avengers t-shirt.

The search is focused in the area of KY-7 and Combs Branch Rd. near the border of Floyd County.

Multiple agencies are assisting with the search, along with K-9 units and drones. Volunteer searchers are not needed at this time. We will keep you updated.

#KennethHoward #MagoffinCounty #Saylersville #KY #Missing #MissingPiecesNetwork”

10 hours ago:

Conor McCue‏ @Conor_WLEX
NEW: Magoffin Co Search and rescue members tell us they are suspending the search for 2-year-old Kenneth Howard. Further efforts will depend on new info from the Sheriff's Office or KSP @LEX18News

D6e1AyxXoAIbvJO.jpg

Conor McCue on Twitter

10 hours ago:

Conor McCue‏ @Conor_WLEX

While Magoffin Co S&R suspended its search, there are still plenty of volunteers here continuing the efforts. From what we've seen, the group has dogs and a drone @LEX18News

D6e36Y3WwAMXohs.jpg

D6e36YsXsAEn09C.jpg

Conor McCue on Twitter

7 hours ago:

Conor McCue‏ @Conor_WLEX

Several hours after the official search for Kenneth Howard was suspended, volunteers are still here. Several men are digging up a drainage ditch right now @LEX18News

D6fkLcCWsAURnpK.jpg

Conor McCue on Twitter
It depends on if they're currently strip mining the land or not. If they’re stripping the land, then there’s steep high walls and cliffs where they've dug the earth out and pits at the bottom with very deep water. Once they’re done stripping, they reclaim the land, escavate and fill it all back in with earth and plant grass over it.

JMO
It depends on if they're currently strip mining the land or not. If they’re stripping the land, then there’s steep high walls and cliffs where they've dug the earth out and pits at the bottom with very deep water. Once they’re done stripping, they reclaim the land, escavate and fill it all back in with earth and plant grass over it.

JMO

I don't recall a search for a lost baby being called off for more INFO before unless it had been days and days with nothing found and you assume it's because fatigue has set into searchers and they've already looked ' everywhere'. So what gives here? Is this a tiny, poor, rural area that maybe cannot afford to spend anymore on this search? Nothing else makes sense, except a suspicion of foul play. Even with foul play, the baby has to be found. Head scratcher.

Do we know about the mother? Does she live there? Was she home when he disappeared? All the articles mention the father, but I haven’t seen one word about the boy’s mother. I’m sure I’ve missed it! TIA
This is all I've found.

Outside Kenneth's home early Tuesday morning, his father, Elden Howard described how emotional this has been for him and his wife.

"She's in pretty bad shape too, she'd tore all to pieces. It's just not knowing what to do. We've searched everywhere we can think of they've had dog teams in here, nothing's showing up."

"I want him home safe"; Father offers $5,000 reward for missing Magoffin County toddler

Mountain Top News:
1 hour ago

The search for 22-month old Kenneth Howard is nearing the end of its second day with no significant developments in the case. Several police agencies have been at the scene as well as rescue squads and emergency management officials. However, another group that has come out in numbers is the group of volunteers and concerned citizens who want to do their part in searching for Kenneth. One of those is Robert Hollan of Johnson County, who says the toddler reminds him of his own grandchildren.

Video:
Mountain Top News

Magoffin County toddler search expands to area one mile from home

Tue 6:42 PM, May 14, 2019

SALYERSVILLE, Ky. (WKYT) - Search crews have continued searching the woods around the family's home and have moved some teams about a mile down the road near another hillside just across the line into Floyd County.

Investigators are looking for 22-month-old Kenneth Howard. Search leaders say they were contacted approximately one hour after Howard went missing Sunday night. Kentucky State Police is leading the investigation, and it is being considered a missing person case.

Crews scoured the Kenneth Combs Road area of Magoffin County, near Floyd County Monday. They would suspend the search that night, but crews resumed looking in an area on the Floyd County side of the county line Tuesday along a hillside.

"Our hearts go out to the family," Carter Conley with the Magoffin County Rescue Squad said. "We are doing everything we can to bring this to a successful end. That’s what we always try to strive to do."

Dozens of people from official search teams to volunteers are searching for the boy.

Video at link:
Magoffin County toddler search expands to area one mile from home

Mountain Top News:
1 hour ago

The search for 22-month old Kenneth Howard is nearing the end of its second day with no significant developments in the case. Several police agencies have been at the scene as well as rescue squads and emergency management officials. However, another group that has come out in numbers is the group of volunteers and concerned citizens who want to do their part in searching for Kenneth. One of those is Robert Hollan of Johnson County, who says the toddler reminds him of his own grandchildren.

Video:
Mountain Top News

This man said he has 10 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. He also says that he doesn't think Kenneth is there because he can't imagine him climbing up into those hills. He's from the area, has experience with toddlers and I believe he knows what he's talking about.

Thank you Trudy, I meant who is DRM. Someone said DRM posted about the mom upthread but I can’t find it.

Is there a reason that people don’t want tell any info about the mom? Surely locals and the local media have some info.
I've been thinking all along that the parents live "out in the country," as we call it, and I assume that they are probably fairly self-sufficient with gardens, chickens, etc., which allows them to stay close to home. I have a second-cousin who is in a similar situation, and he and his wife stay at home, take care of their kids, their property, plant a few things for sale at a road-side vegetable stand, etc. They are in the NC mountains, and this case made me think about them early on. My cousin's kids are in middle and high school, IIRC. I don't know them very well -- I haven't seen them at our Christmas gatherings in years. They're pleasant, quiet and shy and just like to be at home.
It could be that the parents here are very shy as well.

This man said he has 10 grandchildren and 1 great-grandchild. He also says that he doesn't think Kenneth is there because he can't imagine him climbing up into those hills. He's from the area, has experience with toddlers and I believe he knows what he's talking about.

Yah I mean you are talking about 70 degree inclines around that property.

It’s not that I doubt think a rambunctious 2 yr old could wander for miles.

I just don’t think it was physically possible for him to make it up those hills.

There’s really only two ways he could have got out of there imo

1 he walked down the driveway and the father and the uncle omehow missed him

Or2 foul play is involved and someone took him out of there

Unfortunately I think someone probably knows where he his and hope is dwindling

Jmo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics