Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still go back to the PC when they said the first sketch was secondary. That sure doesn’t sound like dismissed to me. I know they came back and said to focus on the new sketch, YBG, but I think the old sketch still may have something to do with what happened. To match the new parameter of age it would seem that OBG may be the one that could look younger. It’s also confusing.

Agree. Until I hear otherwise, the word "secondary" is meaningful to me. I don't have it figured out (surprise surprise), but it's a significant word IMO. They could have said inaccurate, or no longer a POI, or many other descriptors. LE chose secondary.

It means- to me- either it still could be a relatively close rendition of BG (so maybe he looks a little like that, but more like the new sketch), or it's a rendition of another guy that may be of interest. Perhaps indeed on the trail that day. Hence why it was an original composite from several witnesses. Perhaps on the trail that day, but never came forward.

JMO.

So back to something from the beginning... BG may be off the grid, and by that I mean he doesn’t have a cell phone, because he can’t afford one, or may not have anyone to call. He may be “old school” and not have a reason to need a phone, like a job or family he cares to catch up with from time to time. It’s all a theory. Why he wound up in that particular town with reason to plan such a crime is the hardest part to figure out, and I think it will take what is known as good old fashioned police work.

Night all.
Hopefully he is not.

I’m second guessing myself on the gun now. Maybe I shouldn’t bet my life on such things, note to self.
Yeah, me too.... I have to admit just because it looks like the outline of a gun to me, it could be very possibly be something else.
Oh, btw, I showed it to my DH and he said he couldn’t tell, it could be a cell phone, a gun, or anything. So, there ya go. :/

What if say BG is the son of a much older couple in Delphi or a very rural area around Delphi. Or possibly lives with his aging granparents?

They have limited news resources and possibly only hear a few bits of gossip here and there at church or maybe the corner diner. Naturally the OBG doesnt look anything like their son or grandson and don't give it a 2nd thought.

Now since the new sketch has been released, and possibly looks like son/grandson, they are...

A) Terrified of him thru threats?

B) Not wanting to give him up because he is a source of income and provides care for them?

C) Don't want to call in and possibly collect a reward because the community will eventually find out who they are and blame them for not turning him in sooner only to be shunned by the community in their old age?

And my last question I'm going to throw out there is I know from traveling quite frequently throughout Indiana, that there are quite a few pockets of Amish communities. Could it actually be possible that the young new BG is a part of the Amish/Mennonite community where tech is virtually non-existent?
MOO.

Or D) Refusing to believe that their child could have anything to do with the crime.

Regarding Amish/Mennonite communities—my understanding is that there’s a considerable degree of endogamy in them, which would make genetic genealogy more challenging.

Well that’s a thought, are there tasers shaped like that? I had wondered and I think posted earlier on he could have possibly used a stun gun. Is that the same as a taser? TIA

My opinion is he’s more likely to use a real firearm than a taser. Especially in that environment.

Again all speculation jmo moo. Again this coming from someone who just requested a link to my own darn post (cookoooo...).

Or D) Refusing to believe that their child could have anything to do with the crime.

Regarding Amish/Mennonite communities—my understanding is that there’s a considerable degree of endogamy in them, which would make genetic genealogy more challenging.

I had to look that one up:

“en·dog·a·my
/enˈdäɡəmē/

“the custom of marrying only within the limits of a local community, clan, or tribe.
BIOLOGY
the fusion of reproductive cells from related individuals; inbreeding; self-pollination.“

Endogamy - Wikipedia (Not the best source but it’ll do)

Here’s brittanica:
“Endogamy, also called in-marriage, custom enjoining one to marry within one’s own group. The penalties for transgressing endogamous restrictions have varied greatly among cultures and have ranged from death to mild disapproval. When marriage to an outside group is mandated, it is referred to as exogamy.“
Endogamy | sociology

Last edited:
I’m second guessing myself on the gun now. Maybe I shouldn’t bet my life on such things, note to self.
I don’t necessarily see what you see, but I enjoy reading your posts so keep on brain storming. It MAY be a gun...who knows. For a brief second I considered that BG may actually be a female that identifies as male and that’s why there are so many layers of clothes on a warmish day - I was very tired when I had this thought.

A couple things about the different frames. I’m about done with visual interpretations LOL but one thing I did notice was that I’ve noticed things differently in different frames. For instance what I thought was a pouch, maybe ammo pouch, in one frame, looks more like a shirt tail in another.

Imo I did notice that the “white” coming out of his jacket actually moves and transforms shape in another frame which shows it’s pliability. I recall this from the animated image I believe. Would like to take a look at this again in the new clip released. Jmo.
When I showed this to my DH earlier, he Commented on the brown that shows down below the blue jacket.I told him we thought that was a brown hoodie he was wearing underneath the blue jacket. He thought it looked like his hoodie had a big hole in it and his hand was sticking through the hole.
Heck if I know what to think, other than the quality of that image is about as bad as it can get.... So, maybe we all need to give ourselves a bit of a break. :)

My opinion is he’s more likely to use a real firearm than a taser. Especially in that environment.

Again all speculation jmo moo. Again this coming from someone who just requested a link to my own darn post (cookoooo...).

[sbm]

what do you mean 'in that environment'? like because he was somewhere isolated?
btw the bolded was hilarious :p

Well that’s a thought, are there tasers shaped like that? I had wondered and I think posted earlier on he could have possibly used a stun gun. Is that the same as a taser? TIA

Shaped like a gun? Yes. I have no idea what the differences are.

Random thought of the day:
A sexually-motivated crime is still highly likely, but knowing that the girls were murdered minutes after the video makes it sound like BG didn't spend much time with them. Maybe sexual assault wasn't the motive; maybe BG had a grudge against the community and wanted to bring the entire town to its knees. Delphi will forever be known as the place where two girls were murdered near the Monon High Bridge. The town will never live it down. Possible reasons for a grudge could be that he was picked on in school, that a business that he had opened failed, that his neighbors hassled him by complaining about the way he kept his yard, etc., etc., etc.

So I wonder if GMA seeked out Cater for the interview or was it the other way around? Maybe he (Carter) has something of substance to say tomorrow.

JMO, but he wouldn’t seek them out alone. If he has something to say to everyone it would be another PC. They follow crimes and report on them periodically. I appreciate the hopeful thinking, and set my DVR. But, it wouldn’t just be on one major news site. THANKS for letting us know!!

I finally figured out how to rationalize the gun and its positioning.

You know how some old windbreakers have an interior pocket, like mesh or something with the opening at the top? If he just dropped the gun in there I could very easily see it sitting like that, and to reach it he'd just have to reach through what appears to be a gap in the buttons and into the pocket with his left hand. Could be why he left that gap (if in fact it truly is there).

I'm still far from 100% sold on that being a gun, but I have always been able to see what people are talking about, and at least now I can wrap my head around it from a positioning standpoint.

Some people state he must be a “leftie”. Can we tell it by the way he draws out the gun?

Random thought of the day:
A sexually-motivated crime is still highly likely, but knowing that the girls were murdered minutes after the video makes it sound like BG didn't spend much time with them. Maybe sexual assault wasn't the motive; maybe BG had a grudge against the community and wanted to bring the entire town to its knees. Delphi will forever be known as the place where two girls were murdered near the Monon High Bridge. The town will never live it down. Possible reasons for a grudge could be that he was picked on in school, that a business that he had opened failed, that his neighbors hassled him by complaining about the way he kept his yard, etc., etc., etc.
People who have a grudge, have a tendency to become mass murderers or spree killers, but don’t commit a crime like this.

Some sort of a grudge being a motive, is way down the list for me.

Last edited:

I had to look that one up:

“en·dog·a·my
/enˈdäɡəmē/

“the custom of marrying only within the limits of a local community, clan, or tribe.
BIOLOGY
the fusion of reproductive cells from related individuals; inbreeding; self-pollination.“

Endogamy - Wikipedia (Not the best source but it’ll do)

Here’s brittanica:
“Endogamy, also called in-marriage, custom enjoining one to marry within one’s own group. The penalties for transgressing endogamous restrictions have varied greatly among cultures and have ranged from death to mild disapproval. When marriage to an outside group is mandated, it is referred to as exogamy.“
Endogamy | sociology
BBM

Lol - one of the reasons I like your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo